Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? (1097 Views)

Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? / Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? / "My Family Took Me To A Church To Burn Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by NNTR: 8:18am On Mar 09
NNTR:
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
'4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs.
6Love takes no pleasure in evil, but rejoices in the truth.
7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8Love never fails.
'

A lot of men sensually love (i.e. eros love) their wives exactly as some do and that's the reason why they arent restrained never from defiling their marriage

Love, as seen in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a above, actually is agape love also known as unconditional love

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

MaxInDHouse:
When Jehovah's Witnesses knock on their door to TEACH them the way of holiness they will say they have their own religion.
He doesn't understand what love really means to him love means sex.

The Greek had four different words used for one word LOVE:

STORGE – empathy bond.
PHILIA – friend bond.
EROS – romantic love.
AGAPE – unconditional "God" love.

This is Greek philosophical teaching about the word love but then it doesn't mean relationship because that has to do with a little knowledge of the one you want to go into a relationship with so their must be boundaries! smiley
Eros is sensual love, its a love, lust or desire for another person's physical body through PDA, touching, kissing, hugging and holding hands

Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:40pm On Mar 09
NNTR:

Eros is sensual love, its a love, lust or desire for another person's physical body through PDA, touching, kissing, hugging and holding hands.

Greek philosophy! smiley
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by Zaheertyler(m): 12:46pm On Mar 09
Ohh there are different types of love
I thought love is love or nothing

1 Like

Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:59pm On Mar 09
Zaheertyler:

Ohh there are different types of love I thought love is love or nothing
Greek philosophy!

Love is the bond between two living creatures one may choose to love the other while the other may not even know why.
For instance humans love the animals so we don't want them to go into extinction whereas some of those animals are predators.
But when it comes to relationships this must be based on mutual understanding not one sided!
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by NNTR: 1:03pm On Mar 09
MaxInDHouse:
Greek philosophy! smiley
Does Yoruba philosophy and/or any of the Yoruba/Naiyja mythologies match Greek's way of delineating love?

Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by Zaheertyler(m): 1:08pm On Mar 09
MaxInDHouse:

Greek philosophy!

Love is the bond between two living creatures one may choose to love the other while the other may not even know why.
For instance humans love the animals so we don't want them to go into extinction whereas some of those animals are predators.
But when it comes to relationships this must be based on mutual understanding not one sided!
Egbon na who dun chop belleful dey follow you argue I wash my hands

1 Like

Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by NNTR: 1:18pm On Mar 09
Zaheertyler:
Ohh there are different types of love
I thought love is love or nothing
Of course, there are varied kinds and forms of love

MaxInDHouse:
Greek philosophy!
John 12:20-23
20Now there were some Greeks (Gentiles) among those who were going up to worship at the feast;
21these came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, with a request, saying, “Sir, we wish to see Jesus.”
22Philip came and told Andrew; then Andrew and Philip went and told Jesus.
23And Jesus answered them,
“The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified and exalted.

Would interest you to know, that the word, church, translated from the Greek word, ecclesia, was adopted for use by our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide word, Jesus Christ, God incarnate, (i.e. meaning, God personified or God in human flesh form) so its not the first, of the body of Christ's association with Greek culture and Greek influence

MaxInDHouse:
Its valued, healthy, cherished sensible and meaningful relationships based under some element of mutual understanding that thrives.

Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:49pm On Mar 09
NNTR:

Does Yoruba philosophy and/or any of the Yoruba/Naiyja mythologies match Greek's way of delineating love?

Philosophy is man-made so it has lots of flaws that's why Bible scholars like me don't rely on them.
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:49pm On Mar 09
Zaheertyler:

OK thanks!
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:52pm On Mar 09
NNTR:
Of course, there are varied kinds and forms of love

John 12:20-23
20Now there were some Greeks (Gentiles) among those who were going up to worship at the feast;
21these came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, with a request, saying, “Sir, we wish to see Jesus.”
22Philip came and told Andrew; then Andrew and Philip went and told Jesus.
23And Jesus answered them,
“The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified and exalted.

Would interest you to know, that the word, church, translated from the Greek word, ecclesia, was adopted for use by our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide word, Jesus Christ, God incarnate, (i.e. meaning, God personified or God in human flesh form) so its not the first, of the body of Christ's association with Greek culture and Greek influence

Its valued, healthy, cherished sensible and meaningful relationships based under some element of mutual understanding that thrives.

The Greek language was only used by Jesus' first century disciples to pen down their message because it was the common language most people understand back then as for Greek philosophy or culture it's totally unchristian! smiley
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by NNTR: 3:25pm On Mar 09
MaxInDHouse:
Philosophy is man-made so it has lots of flaws that's why Bible scholars like me don't rely on them.
Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee,
That thou art Peter, a small rock
and upon the large rock I will build My church {Gr. ekklesia – called out ones},
and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against her

Lots of flaws, does not mean full of flaws

Our Lord and Saviour of the WWW, whole wide word, Jesus Christ, God incarnate, must have seen some good in the Greek culture to the point of using one aspect from the Greek political space (i.e. Athens in particular) for those He has summoned

I now repeat the question. Does Yoruba philosophy and/or any of the Yoruba/Naiyja mythologies match Greek's way of delineating love?

Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by NNTR: 3:25pm On Mar 09
MaxInDHouse:
The Greek language was only used by Jesus' first century disciples to pen down their message because it was the common language most people understand back then as for Greek philosophy or culture it's totally unchristian! smiley
Galatians 3:28
There is [now no distinction in regard to salvation] neither Jew nor Greek,
there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female;
for you [who believe] are all one in Christ Jesus [no one can claim a spiritual superiority].

Christianity and the faith (i.e. the church) no doubt, in varying degrees of good and bad ways, are highly influenced by Greek philosophy and certain Greek customs & rituals are evident in Christianity and the body of Christ

Greek gets a special mention in Galatians 3:28. Yes, Greek at the Galatians 3:28 time was the universal medium of communication, just as English majorly is now

Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by Zaheertyler(m): 4:14pm On Mar 09
MaxInDHouse:

Lol this man
There is no conscious human that is not a philosopher...even if they try to dissociate from the word
It's just like a doctor saying I'm an atheist
Like wtf
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by Zaheertyler(m): 4:15pm On Mar 09
MaxInDHouse:

Christianity isn't a religion
It's a way of life and living
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:26pm On Mar 09
NNTR:

No, it wouldnt be OK with me, and mind you, her having the desire to sleep with a dog, wouldnt kill the unconditional love I have for her

Look, here it is:
1. Animals are not capable of giving consent, don't have the mental capacity to informedly give consent
2. Animals are created, and importantly not made in the image and likeness of the Godhead, the same way way human beings are not made
3. Animals dont have the gift of freewill, even dont have any moral judgment or sense
4. Lastly, get conversant with the word abominable and then Deuteronomy 27:21

Shikena?
You guys and gals just use word(s) you have no idea of

Homosexuality is an abomination in the eyes of God
So rest
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by NNTR: 4:39pm On Mar 09
Aemmyjah:
Homosexuality is an abomination in the eyes of God
The word homosexuality, is an 18th century invention, meaning the word never existed in biblical times. The word homosexuality isnt in any of the original texts

Show how approved you are, by explicitly telling what exactly is the abomination in the eyes of God (i.e. in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, tell what exactly is it thats disgusting in God's eyes)

Aemmyjah:
So rest
Our Lord and Saviour of the WWW, whole wide word, Jesus Christ, God incarnate, is my Rest

Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:56pm On Mar 09
NNTR:
The word homosexuality, is an 18th century invention, meaning the word never existed in biblical times. The word homosexuality isnt in any of the original texts

Show how approved you are, by explicitly telling what exactly is the abomination in the eyes of God (i.e. in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, tell what exactly is it thats disgusting in God's eyes)

Our Lord and Saviour of the WWW, whole wide word, Jesus Christ, God incarnate, is my Rest

😂 😂 😂
Who's this
If you like, let it be a 22nd century word
You know what i mean cos I'm referring to the conduct which has been prevalent for several millenia
NONSENSE
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by NNTR: 5:31pm On Mar 09
Aemmyjah:
😂 😂 😂
Laughing matter for you is it? Smh.
Watch this. Many of the things that we believe in the church we believe based on what somebody said. Not on what we have discovered in God.
It's what daddy G O, said, what bishop said, what pastor said, what papa said, and that there, is what the problem(s) is

Aemmyjah:
Who's this
Askor. Ibere.

Aemmyjah:
Matthew 12:36
You can be sure that on the Judgment Day
you will have to give account of every useless word you have ever spoken.

Aemmyjah:
You know what i mean cos I'm referring to the conduct which has been prevalent for several millenia
Are you going to drop dead from explicitly telling what exactly is the abomination in the eyes of God (i.e. in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, tell what exactly is it thats disgusting in God's eyes)

Aemmyjah:
NONSENSE
No-nonsense, more like it

Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:30pm On Mar 09
Zaheertyler:

Zaheertyler:

Lol this man
There is no conscious human that is not a philosopher...even if they try to dissociate from the word
It's just like a doctor saying I'm an atheist
Like wtf

Zaheertyler:

Christianity isn't a religion
It's a way of life and living

Please can you stop quoting me? smiley
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:33pm On Mar 09
Aemmyjah:

😂 😂 😂
Who's this
NONSENSE

He already knew the truth he just doesn't want it! smiley
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:44pm On Mar 09
NNTR:
Laughing matter for you is it? Smh.
Watch this. Many of the things that we believe in the church we believe based on what somebody said. Not on what we have discovered in God.
It's what daddy G O, said, what bishop said, what pastor said, what papa said, and that there, is what the problem(s) is

Askor. Ibere.

Matthew 12:36
You can be sure that on the Judgment Day
you will have to give account of every useless word you have ever spoken.

Are you going to drop dead from explicitly telling what exactly is the abomination in the eyes of God (i.e. in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, tell what exactly is it thats disgusting in God's eyes)

No-nonsense, more like it

The act of sex between same sex began in 18th shey?
Be using English to fool yourself
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by NNTR: 8:52pm On Mar 09
Aemmyjah:
The act of sex between same sex began in 18th shey?
Be using English to fool yourself
You are intimidated by an easy, direct, simple, harmless and straightforward question

Is avoiding the question, the best you can do ni? Na wa oo

Is there something you are afraid of that's preventing you from explicitly telling what exactly is the abomination in the eyes of God (i.e. in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, tell what exactly is it thats disgusting in God's eyes)

Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by Lawag3: 9:25pm On Mar 09
LordReed:

Still the same thing. People supporting pansexuality are not as unreasonable as you to turn into supporting bestiality or pedophilia. That spectre only exists in the minds of unreasonable people like you.

So explain to me how these statistics indicate harm to society.

Do you know pan was the Roman and Greek god of nature and sex. His defining feature was he could have sex with any thing a Minotaurs, tree nymphs you name it.

Are pansexuality and bisexuality the same.

How many genders are there?
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:28pm On Mar 09
NNTR:
You are intimidated by an easy, direct, simple, harmless and straightforward question

Is avoiding the question, the best you can do ni? Na wa oo

Is there something you are afraid of that's preventing you from explicitly telling what exactly is the abomination in the eyes of God (i.e. in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, tell what exactly is it thats disgusting in God's eyes)

Same sex relationship is approved by God
Yes or No?
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by NNTR: 9:51pm On Mar 09
Aemmyjah:
Same sex relationship is approved by God
Yes or No?
Instead of giving your answer to the easy, direct, simple, harmless and straightforward question, you're frightened silly of it, playing cat and mouse, ducking and diving away from doing the needful

Man up, be a man, and explicitly tell what exactly is the abomination in the eyes of God (i.e. in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, tell what exactly is it thats disgusting in God's eyes)

Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:11pm On Mar 09
NNTR:
Instead of giving your answer to the easy, direct, simple, harmless and straightforward question, you're frightened silly of it, playing cat and mouse, ducking and diving away from doing the needful

Man up, be a man, and explicitly tell what exactly is the abomination in the eyes of God (i.e. in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, tell what exactly is it thats disgusting in God's eyes)

Keep fooling around nairaland
Space plenty
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by NNTR: 10:21pm On Mar 09
Aemmyjah:
Keep fooling around nairaland
Continue, you hear, only just remember that by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned

Aemmyjah:
Space plenty
Abi o, space plenty for you play with your toys in, if you wont man up, be a man, and explicitly tell what exactly is the abomination in the eyes of God (i.e. in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, tell what exactly is it thats disgusting in God's eyes)

Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:27pm On Mar 09
NNTR:
Continue, you hear, only just remember that by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned

Abi o, space plenty for you play with your toys in, if you wont man up, be a man, and explicitly tell what exactly is the abomination in the eyes of God (i.e. in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, tell what exactly is it thats disgusting in God's eyes)

What concern me?
You be baby
Abi make I de tell you what God's view of homosexuality is?
The other guy said it and you don't agree
Keep fooling around
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:44pm On Mar 09
Lawag3:

No I'm for fake.
Leviticus 18 called it an abomination Leviticus 20 went further that that abomination deserves death
Corinthians 6 9-11 was VERY CLEAR NO MAN WHO PRACTICE HOMOSEXUALITY WILL ENTER HEAVEN

Romans 1:26–27K That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.[32]

What isn't clear here.

David's father Jesse married a man the man Jesse married got pregnant and David was born. David was born of a man. Men can get pregnant and give birth.

That's what you want to hear right?

Don't mind him
He's a big, self righteous hypocrite
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by NNTR: 10:47pm On Mar 09
Aemmyjah:
What concern me?
What concerns you simply is, explicitly tell what exactly is the abomination in the eyes of God (i.e. in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, tell what exactly is it thats disgusting in God's eyes)

Aemmyjah:
You be baby
I can be whatever you want and need me be

Aemmyjah:
Abi make I de tell you what God's view of homosexuality is?
You'll get the chance to tell me what God's view of homosexuality is, after explicitly telling what exactly is the abomination in the eyes of God (i.e. in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, tell what exactly is it thats disgusting in God's eyes)

Aemmyjah:
The other guy said it and you don't agree
Whoever the other guy is, said nothing

Aemmyjah:
Keep fooling around
Dont forget o, that by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned

Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:53pm On Mar 09
Lawag3:

No I'm for fake.
Leviticus 18 called it an abomination Leviticus 20 went further that that abomination deserves death
Corinthians 6 9-11 was VERY CLEAR NO MAN WHO PRACTICE HOMOSEXUALITY WILL ENTER HEAVEN

Romans 1:26–27K That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.[32]

What isn't clear here.

David's father Jesse married a man the man Jesse married got pregnant and David was born. David was born of a man. Men can get pregnant and give birth.

That's what you want to hear right?

He has eyes but he cannot see
He has brain that lack any wisdom

According to the Bible, David has a father and a mother
We are all conceived in sin. Paul and Job also says so
Don't mind him
Re: How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? by NNTR: 10:57pm On Mar 09
Aemmyjah:
Don't mind him
Simply because your ignorance based system is threatened

Aemmyjah:
He's a big, self righteous hypocrite
Smh. Instead of explicitly telling what exactly is the abomination in the eyes of God (i.e. in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, tell what exactly is it thats disgusting in God's eyes), you're using grammar that you havent the foggiest idea of and so misapplying them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sin Is Sin / E- / Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.