Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Beautiful Pictures From Uyo - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Pictures From Uyo (24828 Views)

Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) / Beautiful Pictures Of Abeokuta, Ogun State That Will Make You Love The City / Catholic Corpers Travelling From Uyo To Rivers Involved In Accident (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by Acidosis(m): 6:07pm On Mar 02
Beautiful 😍
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 6:29pm On Mar 02
Akinpresident:
These are old pictures from Akpabio era.
Beyond infrastructure, there's nothing else to say about Uyo or Akwa Ibom safe for their native soup.
Your comment reeks of jealousy! So infrastructure is built with saliva?This is coming from a grossly misinformed and envious human who is stuck in his village and is ignorant of the development outside his enclave.
Make no mistake, Akwa Ibom is growing by leaps and bounds, this is why it has continued to court both indigenous and international investors in the last 10 years, like the BUA group that is constructing a 250,000 bpd refinery in between Eket and Ibeno, OCP fertilizer/petrochemical plant in Ikot Abasi under construction, Nigeria's first indigenous floating NLG, Liberty Free Trade Zone, Ibom industrial City, Ibom Deep Seaport, etc.
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by funshint(m): 6:34pm On Mar 02
The legacy started by Godswill Akpabio is highly commendable. Compared to their nextdoor neighbor; Crossriver has been so unfortunate with their successive governors after Donald Duke. All the succeeding governors have been very useless starting from Liyel Imoke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by funshint(m): 6:39pm On Mar 02
Akinpresident:
These are old pictures from Akpabio era.
Beyond infrastructure, there's nothing else to say about Uyo or Akwa Ibom safe for their native soup.
The infrastructures here cuts across those constructed from Akpabio to Udom. Akwa Ibom has really been fortunate to have successive governors who seem hungry to out-do their predecessor in terms of development. Just look at Delta State with the huge oil revenue they are making yet the state is looking so underdeveloped. It's a big shame on the leaders of that state.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 6:42pm On Mar 02
Pascal9:
i only stated the facts, Akwa ibom is rich but the citizens are very backwards and poor, why are they not able to build beautiful structures to complement the good infrastructure in place.as for your epistle, all i have to say is that nobody becomes rich by playing saint and being good.
I am equally stating the obvious, terrorists, skull miners, ritualists, international prostitutes, drug/human traffickers who are inspired and driven by extreme poverty are the backward people.
Americans, Qataris, Emiratis, Saudis and the English don't need to become animals like those earning Nigeria a tag to be called rich people cuz they all have the resources like Akwa Ibom.
Akwa Ibom people are richly endowed so they are not poor.
Once the system is configured and we take charge of our resources, our people will be lifted out of poverty.
We will never earn Nigeria a tag like your people because such a culture is alien to us, trust me.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by OBTOREPA(m): 6:50pm On Mar 02
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Is is not true?
My Nigeria is so beautiful and wonderful.
I don't know about yours, maybe is doomed as you said.
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by PepeXKermit: 6:51pm On Mar 02
better than lagos by centuries
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 7:01pm On Mar 02
Kennyswag:
So why do mmong people come and do house girl and security in yorubaland?
Cus there is dignity in labour and historically Akwa people are not driven by materialism and hence we don't mine the skull of anything breathing just to survived.
We are a people who believe that a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches.
You are taunting a state that is richer than your poor region.
If I should ask where you hail from now you will claim Lagos that is a beneficiary of Akwa Ibom state wealth.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by Kennyswag: 7:08pm On Mar 02
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Cus there is dignity in labour and historically Akwa people are not driven by materialism and hence we don't mine the skull of anything breathing just to survived.
We are a people who believe that a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches.
You are taunting a state that is richer than your poor region.
If I should ask where you hail from now you will claim Lagos that is a beneficiary of Akwa Ibom state wealth.
akwa ibom wealth? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Your people are poor rats with all your oil grin
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by OVB123: 7:10pm On Mar 02
flokii:
Abasi mbom people..
Uyo suppose don turn smart city by now with all the oil money in the State.
Thank you for this summission.
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 7:13pm On Mar 02
OBTOREPA:

My Nigeria is so beautiful and wonderful.
I don't know about yours, maybe is doomed as you said.
Our Nigeria will be beautiful when we tame insecurity so that our farmers can safely go back to their farms.
Our Nigeria will be beautiful when we promote equity and fairness.
Our Nigeria will be beautiful when a common man can truly feel that he is a Nigeria.
Nigeria will be beautiful when idiots stop taking decisions that negatively impact the lives of over 200million Nigerians.

Our brothers are denying of human induced hardship and starvation, yet you feel Nigeria is beautiful.
I am sure the people that the people in those bandit and terrorists ravished places wouldn't say that Nigeria is beautiful.
Pray Nigeria not to happen to you soon, others like you learnt their lesson the hard way.
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by Goddyrichie(m): 7:14pm On Mar 02
bnanny:
Uyo doesn't look like capital of large volume oil producing state. It's look like village.
From the pictures you can see there's a large volume of poverty in this capital city. you can imagine the poverty in other locagovernment.

Village looking capital city. Africa standard.
u Dey crazy where are u from in d first place let me know so I will know what to say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by benqo01(m): 7:18pm On Mar 02
pocohantas:
Beautiful city with high unemployment.
I like them though. They are very content people. So no zeal to go into crime. Their uneducated boys like cultism. That one is to fight themselves, not to attack random individuals or rob homes.

I am from Akwaibom and I must say the city is developing we are not fully there yet, but with what I have seen so far I must commend and I believe more infrastructure will be put in place.

As for HDI am sure the akwaibom govt are also working hard to improve on that aspect, industries need to be built to improve employment, so as to get the idle youth off d street to work.

My stay in uyo I can tell you cultism is slightly on d rise but the govt has really done well to curb cultism in the state.

I hope for more and more to be done.
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 7:31pm On Mar 02
Armaggedon:
isn't this thing you posted a semi-village?

Check the images below. The first image is Afikpo
While the last two are Abakiliki.

All of them are better what you posted as Uyo, the age-long capital city of a major oil state.
Invest in your people instead of cheap publicity.
it is an insult to compare Abakaliki with Uyo, you must be joking right?
I can only compare Abakaliki with Ikot Ekpene.
Uyo is too advanced to be compared with that red mud Abakaliki.

Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by OVB123: 7:33pm On Mar 02
Oceanfl0w:
They have good road network. No cap
But until you go there
Who no go, no know my broda.
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by Armaggedon: 7:41pm On Mar 02
NigeriaIsDoomed:
it is an insult to compare Abakaliki with Uyo, you must be joking right?
I can only compare Abakaliki with Ikot Ekpene.
Uyo is too advanced to be compared with that red mud Abakaliki.
you are still posting a single building surrounded by neighborhood living almost in squalor. Go to hotels in Anambra and Rivers and see your people working there and driving keke. They are making a honest living and that's fine. But, it clearly shows a lack of more gainful venture in a state with enormous oil wealth.
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 7:44pm On Mar 02
Kennyswag:
akwa ibom wealth? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Your people are poor rats with all your oil grin
Poor rats that are feeding your region with their resources.
Inspite of the oil and gas proceeds that are being channeled to feed you poor rats in your region, you are still cannibalizing your poor parents and siblings for money, I wonder what will happen once Nigeria is reconfigured and states are allowed to control their resources.
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 7:48pm On Mar 02
Armaggedon:
you are still posting a single building surrounded by neighborhood living almost in squalor. Go to hotels in Anambra and Rivers and see your people working there and driving keke. They are making a honest living and that's fine. But, it clearly shows a lack of more gainful venture in a state with enormous oil wealth.
You can't compare Abakiliki with Uyo, go and rest bro.
Even without a single structure in Uyo it will still be more appreciated than that red mud place called Abakaliki.
Just look at this bro. No na...Ikot Ekpene/Abakiliki comparison is better.
The whole of Akwa Ibom is naturally beautiful than your region.
If you talk of structures, one iconic structure in Uyo can erect all those cheap, ugly, boxy, block structures in your state.

Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by Kennyswag: 7:54pm On Mar 02
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Poor rats that are feeding your region with their resources.
Inspite of the oil and gas proceeds that are being channeled to feed you poor rats in your region, you are still cannibalizing your poor parents and siblings for money, I wonder what will happen once Nigeria is reconfigured and states are allowed to control their resources.
use your wealth to feed your useless people first grin
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by MrSamsung(m): 8:01pm On Mar 02
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Ndi rich man, Akwa Ibom people are poor but we know those who are mining the skulls of their fellow citizens to survive, those who are begging on the major streets of Nigeria are not Akwa Ibom people, those who are killing their parents and siblings just to survive are non Akwa Ibom, those who are taking prostitution to international level in Europe, on the streets of Italy are also not from Akwa Ibom, and finally those whose brothers are languishing in prsions all over the world while some are waiting to be guillotined like animals no thanks to extreme poverty are from where? Ndi rich people!
If those who are notorious for these tags on the country were all rich, they wouldn't reduce themselves to such a low level.
They were all driven by poverty to be doing all that shit so cut us some slack you hypocrite!
Akwa Ibom people will not become animals like others just to survive.
A good name is rather to be chosen than great richest is the watchword of an Akwa Ibom people. Our society from the onset was established on the principles of Ekpo and Ekpe, that elevate hardwork, and hence an average Akwa Ibom person and majority of Akwa Ibom are content with what we have and don't have that get rich or die getting rich mentality, that pushes them to reduce themselves to animals.
You are rich but your states depend on Akwa Ibom proceeds to survive and would rather plunge Nigeria into war than reconfigure the system for states to control their resources and develop at their states.

I wonder who is richer between a beggar and the giver.

You Nigerians are wonderful!

Good job 👏 you just described Nigerian citizens in one paragraph. Never seen such a truthful description in one page. How their mentality celebrate and choose people with vices and fraudulent culture rather than people with honest and hard working behaviors even if it is of little means puzzle me. No wonder they are the way they are.

See if possible you guys should separate and have your own country. You will most likely be in the leagues of Rwanda, Botswana, Namibia even non African countries like Singapore etc. Quiet, honest, economically buoyant and contented, peaceful and
serene.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by Paracetamol01: 8:01pm On Mar 02
kenny714433:
Modern houses have started sprouting in Uyo. The day Akwa Ibom will fix its human development issues, that's the day we will beat even cities like Cape Town.

I wish Umo Eno can open up another part of the state like Ibeno or Abak, build infrastructure to make them good towns
I am from akwa ibom...akwa ibom is too slow in development like river state were every local government is growing rapidly
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:01pm On Mar 02
Armaggedon:
Your people are languishing in prisons all over the world, no thanks to the extreme poverty in your region that is chasing them from their filthy and erosion ravished region to other places in the world to become economic migrants.
Back home in Nigeria, we are all aware of your cannibalism, baby factory thing, prostitution by your mothers and sisters, human trafficking, selling of fakes products nation wide, pushing drugs locally and internationally, fake churches, pollution of other regions by your poor people and becoming nuisance to other states. In Uyo for instance, your people are stealing manholes, armoured cables and other government installations, these are the so called rich people who are hard-working in Nigeria.
Shame!

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:12pm On Mar 02
MrSamsung:

Good job 👏 you just described Nigerian citizens in one paragraph. Never seen such a truthful description in one page. How their mentality celebrate and choose people with vices and fraudulent culture rather than people with honest and hard working behaviors even if it is of little means puzzle me. No wonder they are the way they are.

See if possible you guys should separate and have your own country. You will most likely be in the leagues of Rwanda, Botswana, Namibia even non African countries like Singapore etc. Quiet, honest, economically buoyant and contented, peaceful and
serene.
They are taunting us becuz culturally and historically Akwa Ibom folks glorify harwork and are not materialistic unlike them.
We are poor yet the resources that would have been used to lift Akwa Ibom people from poverty is shared to their parasitic and unproductive regions.
Those badmouthing Akwa Ibom are only doing so from the position of envy since Akwa Ibom has left their states behind, a once sleeping rural enclave that was carved out of Cross Rivers state in 1987 is now competing with their big states that have been in existence before the creation of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by nesphil(m): 8:15pm On Mar 02
Pls don't waste your energy responding to these children of hate.
They don't like to see good things in other places.
It pains them to see others do well.

NigeriaIsDoomed:
Uyo is the capital of Akwa Ibom and represents Akwa Ibom as well so I didn't fail any exams.
Oh you want to compare Uyo with your filthy and roadless Owerri! Owerri should fix her filth, roadlessness and deplorableness first before she can cough when Uyo is talking.
Additionally, Uyo can never be as populated as other state capitals because Akwa Ibom is blessed with other towns that boast of modest infrastructure, unlike Imo state that everybody has to live in Owerri before they can enjoy basic amenities.
In Akwa Ibom, you can live in Eket, Ikot Abasi, Ikot Ekpene, Abak, Oron etc without any reason to visit Uyo
Below is Eket, one of the notable towns in Akwa Ibom.
This town has an airstrip, general hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, stadium, etc infact it was more popular Uyo until recently.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by mattenny: 8:30pm On Mar 02
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Your people are languishing in prisons all over the world, no thanks to the extreme poverty in your region that is chasing them from their filthy and erosion ravished region to other places in the world to become economic migrants.
Back home in Nigeria, we are all aware of your cannibalism, baby factory thing, prostitution by your mothers and sisters, human trafficking, selling of fakes products nation wide, pushing drugs locally and internationally, fake churches, pollution of other regions by your poor people and becoming nuisance to other states. In Uyo for instance, your people are stealing manholes, armoured cables and other government installations, these are the so called rich people who are hard-working in Nigeria.
Shame!
NigeriaIsDoomed:
You can't compare Abakiliki with Uyo, go and rest bro.
Even without a single structure in Uyo it will still be more appreciated than that red mud place called Abakaliki.
Just look at this bro. No na...Ikot Ekpene/Abakiliki comparison is better.
The whole of Akwa Ibom is naturally beautiful than your region.
If you talk of structures, one icon structure in Uyo can erect all those ugly, boxy, block structures in your state.
don't mind them will always look for ways to derail trend yet they don't stay in their backward state ewu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:30pm On Mar 02
nesphil:
Pls don't waste your energy responding to these children of hate.
They don't like to see good things in other places.
It pains them to see others do well.

Bro sometimes those envious, spiteful and frustrated things need to be relegated to where they belong.
They are not aware of the silent economic development that is taking place in Akwa Ibom state, even most of our indigenes are equally ignorant of the development in their state since the result haven't manifested yet.
I owe Akwa Ibom a duty to educate the misinformed folks.
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:36pm On Mar 02
mattenny:
don't mind them will always look for ways to derail trend yet they don't stay in their backward state ewu
Thank God I have the time to checkmate those frustrated headless chickens today.
I have been pretty busy and don't even have time to follow what is happening here.
Once it is not their regions that are developing, they become spiteful and envious as if Akwa Ibom people are stopping their useless governors from providing infrastructure in their backward states grin grin.
Imagine a thread to showcase Uyo being turned into a dick-measuring contest.
Their papa!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by flokii: 8:37pm On Mar 02
spencekat:
Abasi mbok.

Soun soun.. another one dey, sosongo.
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by Akinpresident: 8:46pm On Mar 02
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Your comment reeks of jealousy! So infrastructure is built with saliva?This is coming from a grossly misinformed and envious human who is stuck in his village and is ignorant of the development outside his enclave.
Make no mistake, Akwa Ibom is growing by leaps and bounds, this is why it has continued to court both indigenous and international investors in the last 10 years, like the BUA group that is constructing a 250,000 bpd refinery in between Eket and Ibeno, OCP fertilizer/petrochemical plant in Ikot Abasi under construction, Nigeria's first indigenous floating NLG, Liberty Free Trade Zone, Ibom industrial City, Ibom Deep Seaport, etc.

Oga sharrap!
You sound like an ass licker to a political appointee. Who ask you all these you're saying now?
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:48pm On Mar 02
Goddyrichie:
u Dey crazy where are u from in d first place let me know so I will know what to say
Some of them haven'tbeen to Uyo/Akwa Ibom but rely on internet pictures to blabb.
Uyo has even develop past what they are seeing.
Recently, I was opportune to visit Mbiere ebe Obio for the first and I couldn't believe what my eyes saw.
Uyo/Akwa is not yet there but is moving forward.
Let them taunt us as they like we will always move forward.
Re: Beautiful Pictures From Uyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:54pm On Mar 02
Akinpresident:

Oga sharrap!
You sound like an ass licker to a political appointee. Who ask you all these you're saying now?
You this ignoramus, will you shut that thing ? I don't have to become an ass licker to any politician to say the truth.
Are you in Akwa Ibom? All the things that I am telling you for free are verifiable so why not behave like a human being and do justice to them before running amok like a headless chicken.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tipper Crushes 2 To Death In Anambra, Injures 6 / Lady Who Was Left In A Coma With Broken Ribs After Accident Tells Her Story.PICS / Two Brothers Involved In Fatal Accident In Delta State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.