Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians (8841 Views)

8 Important Ways We Can Live in Faith As Christians. / 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians / 8 Important Ways To Manage Your Time As Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Chukwuka319(m): 5:17pm On Mar 03
Franking:

To hell with both of them.
Same for you, brother.No hard feelings.
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Hanndye: 5:24pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
Jesus has a God!

Worship God not Jesus!

Jesus said he was going to his God!
While some people might see you as a master, you might have a master of your own, don't you think?
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by supredenki(m): 5:51pm On Mar 03
To achieve becoming like Jesus; the perfect reflection of God
Franking:

To achieve what?
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by TradingGod: 6:05pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:

Lovely but try harder!
The quote from your God in Exodus 3:14 is not the same as what Jesus quoted in John 8:58.

Check John 8:24 your translators playing with your head translated the same "ego eimi" as "I am He" and not "I am" again as before!

In other places, ego eimi was translated as "I am the one". Even the blind man Jesus healed did used it.

John 8:59 When Jesus said this, the people picked up stones to throw at Him. But Jesus hid Himself, and then He left the Temple.

Notice from the verse above, the people wanted to stone Him because of blasphemy because they understood that when Jesus said I AM, He was talking about Yahweh
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by TradingGod: 6:09pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:

Mary born God through the normal birth canal?
God was protected by Mary and Joseph?
God even get mouth and sex organ! I guess he must have had wet dreams too!
God even died! God was killed by death on behalf of himself!

This is false!

But He RESURRECTED from the dead by God's Mighty Power to show that He is GREATER than death

Mind you Adam the first man was suppose to be God pikin grin

St. Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by MightySparrow: 6:40pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:

And Jesus forgot to mention he's God by himself till John helped him say so above?

Antichrist's Antichristian, how market??
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Franking: 7:31pm On Mar 03
supredenki:
To achieve becoming like Jesus; the perfect reflection of God

I laugh in Greek. Good luck with that.
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Franking: 7:31pm On Mar 03
Chukwuka319:

Same for you, brother.No hard feelings.

With all pleasure, sir.
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 7:35pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
Jesus has a God! Worship God not Jesus! Jesus said he was going to his God!
The God of Jesus Christ commanded His followers to worship His Son, Jesus Christ. So, are you against the God of Jesus Christ? lipsrsealed
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Mar 03
Truefaith:
Is it faith as defined by David Oyedepo (and Kenneth Hagin) or faith as defined by the Lord Jesus Christ? David Oyedepo defines faith as the weight a man places on the words that have come out of his own mouth. Christ defines the word as the confidence you have in what God has ever said, written in the Bible. Which one are we really growing?
Very good question because faith as defined by Jesus Christ differs completely from faith as defined by Oyedepo and the other gods of men out there. lipsrsealed
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Mar 03
Moronkolaaus:
It is key for us as christians to continue to grow in faith
Grow in whose version or definition of faith? Your many pastors and mogs whose words resemble nothing of what is written in Scripture which they pretend they cling to or whom? lipsrsealed
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Brendaniel: 7:54pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:

Mary born God through the normal birth canal?
God was protected by Mary and Joseph?
God even get mouth and sex organ! I guess he must have had wet dreams too!
God even died! God was killed by death on behalf of himself!

This is false!

Genesis 1:26-28. 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

John 14:8 Philip asks Jesus to show him the Father, who is the same as Jesus, and Jesus replies that anyone who has seen Him has seen the Father.
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Nacson(m): 8:11pm On Mar 03
smiley
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Nacson(m): 8:14pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
Jesus has a God!

Worship God not Jesus!

Jesus said he was going to his God!

Muslim and Christian aren't serving same God. JESUS in bible is different from jesus in quran. Stop arguments please
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Mar 03
Nacson:
β–  Muslim and Christian aren't serving same God. JESUS in bible is different from jesus in quran. Stop arguments please
Jesus Christ in the Bible is also different from the Jesus Christ preached from the many pulpits of the religion of Christianity as well and its more than 47,000 sects/denominations. undecided
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Fulaniguy01: 8:25pm On Mar 03
please if I can ask , how many Gods are in Christianity ?
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On Mar 03
Fulaniguy01:
please if I can ask , how many Gods are in Christianity ?
Over 47000 different sects/denominations each worshipping a different idol of the person of Jesus Christ. That's not to say other religions don't do the same since you rarely find a religion out there where the magic of special interpretation is not to be found. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Nacson(m): 9:45pm On Mar 03
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ in the Bible is also different from the Jesus Christ preached from the many pulpits of the religion of Christianity as well and its more than 47,000 sects/denominations. undecided

Do you know your biggest folly; believing your God is the heavenly father. I pitty you
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Mar 03
Nacson:
β–  Do you know your biggest folly; believing your God is the heavenly father. I pitty you
Given that Jesus Christ in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 41 explained that He is the ruler of the jurisdiction that is Heaven(Eternal Reward) in the Kingdom of God, I think it makes sense to believe He is, in fact, God of the Heavenly domain within the Kingdom of God. Do you not think so? undecided
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 9:50pm On Mar 03
Nacson:

Muslim and Christian aren't serving same God. JESUS in bible is different from jesus in quran. Stop arguments please

You are right!
But both Qur'anic and Biblical Jesus were born by Mary through the normal birth passage!
Both were fed and protected by Mary!
Both did miracles by praying to God!
Both was sent to the Israelites as the Messiah!
Both Jesus ate food, shit and cried like any human!
Both Jesus prayed to God!
Both Qur'an and Bible believe Jesus will come again!
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by MamaletASO: 9:59pm On Mar 03
Truefaith:
Is it faith as defined by David Oyedepo (and Kenneth Hagin) or faith as defined by the Lord Jesus Christ?

David Oyedepo defines faith as the weight a man places on the words that have come out of his own mouth.

Christ defines the word as the confidence you have in what God has ever said, written in the Bible.

Which one are we really growing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q1VxS5qJX4

What ye declare with thy mouth believe that ye received it... (That's Faith)

Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Mar 03
MamaletASO:
What ye declare with thy mouth believe that ye received it... (That's Faith)
That is instead faith as defined by your religious gods of men. Faith as defined by Jesus Christ is something entirely different from the lies of your pastors and mogs. undecided
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 10:02pm On Mar 03
Brendaniel:

Genesis 1:26-28. 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

John 14:8 Philip asks Jesus to show him the Father, who is the same as Jesus, and Jesus replies that anyone who has seen Him has seen the Father.

Anyone who has seen the messenger of God has seen God! No one can see God!

Jesus explains your verse below:

John 5:30
I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

John 6:38
for I have come down from heaven to do, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

John 14:24
Whoever does not love me does not observe my words. The word that you are hearing is not mine, but belongs to the Father who sent me.

John 14:31
But for the world to know that I love the Father, I am doing just as the Father has commanded me to do. Get up, let us go from here.

John 12:49-50
For I have not spoken of my own initiative, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak. And I know that his commandment means everlasting life. So whatever I speak, I speak just as the Father has told me.”
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 10:03pm On Mar 03
Kobojunkie:
The God of Jesus Christ commanded His followers to worship His Son, Jesus Christ. So, are you against the God of Jesus Christ? lipsrsealed

Where was that?
And why was Jesus not worshipping himself but praying to God?
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Mar 03
Fatbam005:
Just trust and obey
Trust and obey who, what? undecided
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 10:04pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
β–  And Jesus forgot to mention he's God by himself till John helped him say so above?
Jesus Christ literally declares Himself God in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 where He declares that He is the judge and King over all the souls whom He will raise back to life when He returns. His God-hood over those in the Kingdom of God is not revealed only in the Gospel of John but in all of the Gospels. lipsrsealed
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 10:05pm On Mar 03
MightySparrow:

Antichrist's Antichristian, how market??

Look for who you placed in the market!
Wetin you dey sell?
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
β–  Where was that? And why was Jesus not worshipping himself but praying to God?
The statement was made through the Prophets β€” Daniel, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Isaiahβ€” and also in the Gospels where on at least two occasions God calls on the people to Obey His Son, Jesus Christ β€” the New agreement β€” Jesus Christ. lipsrsealed
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 10:09pm On Mar 03
TradingGod:
But He RESURRECTED from the dead by God's Mighty Power to show that He is GREATER than death

Mind you Adam the first man was suppose to be God pikin grin

St. Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
He ressurected by which God's power?

Why not worship the father that can't die?

Anyone greater than death will not die at all!

God no get pikin! God created Adam from earth! God is powerful to create anything He wants!

Adam has no parents!
Eve was created from Adam!
Jesus was born with a Mother!
All others have both parents!
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 10:12pm On Mar 03
TradingGod:

John 8:59 When Jesus said this, the people picked up stones to throw at Him. But Jesus hid Himself, and then He left the Temple.

Notice from the verse above, the people wanted to stone Him because of blasphemy because they understood that when Jesus said I AM, He was talking about Yahweh

What happened was because Jesus was talking in parables purposely so that they won't understand!

Jesus wanted them to die in sins so he explains to his disciples later!

If you need the verses for the opinions above I can give you!
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
β–  He ressurected by which God's power? Why not worship the father that can't die? Anyone greater than death will not die at all! God no get pikin! God created Adam from earth! God is powerful to create anything He wants! Adam has no parents! Eve was created from Adam! Jesus was born with a Mother! All others have both parents!
Jesus Christ, the Eternal Life of the Father, cannot die either. He made this known in John 10 vs 7 - 18. He said He laid down His own life and He picked it back up again. lipsrsealed

As for worship, The God of Israel explicitly commanded the Lost sheep of Israel to worship Jesus Christ as they could no longer worship under His Old Law, so why do you reject the Words of the God of Israel? undecided
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 10:34pm On Mar 03
Hanndye:

While some people might see you as a master, you might have a master of your own, don't you think?

Do God have any master?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do Atheists Explain Away Paranormal Events / Are Roman Catholicism And Christianity The Same Thing? / Miracle Pastors - All Their Tricks Exposed - Channel 4 - UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.