Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,914 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians (8835 Views)

8 Important Ways We Can Live in Faith As Christians. / 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians / 8 Important Ways To Manage Your Time As Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 10:36pm On Mar 03
Brendaniel:

Jesus is God

God dey die for 3 days?
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
■ Do God have any master?
Well, is there a rule that states that to qualify as a God, a God must not Himself bow to the Will of another God? Cause you are here ascribing your private views on the God of Israel and the relationship between Him and His Son when no such rules were even stated to exist. lipsrsealed
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 10:41pm On Mar 03
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ, the Eternal Life of the Father, cannot die either. He made this known in John 10 vs 7 - 18. He said He laid down His own life and He picked it back up again. lipsrsealed
Jesus did die for three days according to your Bible! God doesn't die at all! God does not need to lay down anything to pick it up! He is powerful enough to save his creation without shedding of blood!

As for worship, The God of Israel explicitly commanded the Lost sheep of Israel to worship Jesus Christ as they could no longer worship under His Old Law, so why do you reject the Words of the God of Israel? undecided
I am not among the lost goats of Israel! I am a Nigerian and I worship Allah the Lord of all that exists! I don't know or recognise the God of Israel!
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 10:44pm On Mar 03
Kobojunkie:
The statement was made through the Prophets — Daniel, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Isaiah— and also in the Gospels where on at least two occasions God calls on the people to Obey His Son, Jesus Christ — the New agreement — Jesus Christ. lipsrsealed

God mandated many People to obey many Prophets in the Bible!

The people of Noah obey Noah!
The people of Moses!

So obedience to them doesn't make them share in the worship of God! Why only Jesus?
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
■ Jesus did die for three days according to your Bible! God doesn't die at all! God does not need to lay down anything to pick it up! He is powerful enough to save his creation without shedding of blood!
■ I am not among the lost goats of Israel! I am a Nigerian and I worship Allah the Lord of all that exists! I don't know or recognise the God of Israel!
1. His Human flesh died, yes, but Jesus Christ the Eternal Life of God and Truth and Way of God did not die, why, because God of Israel, as you clearly stated did not die. As I pointed out, Jesus Christ explained that even though in the flesh it appeared that He did die, what instead happened was that He laid down His life(Not God's Life) and He picked it back up again afterward - John 10 vs 7 - 18. undecided

2. Good for you that you are a Nigerian and so this ought to not bother you since there are lots of Nigerians gods to tend to you and your needs. undecided
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 10:46pm On Mar 03
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ literally declares Himself God in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 where He declares that He is the judge and King over all the souls whom He will raise back to life when He returns. His God-hood over those in the Kingdom of God is not revealed only in the Gospel of John but in all of the Gospels. lipsrsealed

Na lie!

Jesus is a messenger like Moses and others!

John 5:30
I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

John 6:38
for I have come down from heaven to do, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

John 14:24
Whoever does not love me does not observe my words. The word that you are hearing is not mine, but belongs to the Father who sent me.

John 14:31
But for the world to know that I love the Father, I am doing just as the Father has commanded me to do. Get up, let us go from here.

John 12:49-50
For I have not spoken of my own initiative, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak. And I know that his commandment means everlasting life. So whatever I speak, I speak just as the Father has told me.”
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 10:47pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
God mandated many People to obey many Prophets in the Bible!
■ The people of Noah obey Noah! The people of Moses! So obedience to them doesn't make them share in the worship of God! Why only Jesus?
Not true at all! God of Israel mandated the people of Israel to obey His Word through His Prophets. However, God of Israel warned that to put their trust in a man was not of Him - Jeremiah 17 vs 5. undecided

2. God of Israel commanded His people of Israel to not only obey but Trust in His only begotten Son. lipsrsealed
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
■ Na lie! Jesus is a messenger like Moses and others!
Wait a second... are you attempting to exclude Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 from the Gospels or what? Jesus Christ is like Moses does not mean Jesus Christ cannot be more than just like Moses, right? In the very same Gospels, you read that Jesus Christ is the Good Shepherd, the Son of God, the I Am(Eternal being), the chosen one of God, God's Agreement, the King of the Jews, the King in the Kingdom of God, the Judge over all those who are of the Kingdom of God, the Truth of God, the Eternal Life.... etc. So, are you trying to pick and choose here or what? undecided
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Nacson(m): 10:55pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:

You are right!
But both Qur'anic and Biblical Jesus were born by Mary through the normal birth passage!
Both were fed and protected by Mary!
Both did miracles by praying to God!
Both was sent to the Israelites as the Messiah!
Both Jesus ate food, shit and cried like any human!
Both Jesus prayed to God!
Both Qur'an and Bible believe Jesus will come
again!

Do you you and your book believe JESUS die for you on the cross of Calvary? This is the reason he came to this world. And your book don't accept it. moreover, Christs' incarnation is a mystery; religioulist like you cannot understand
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 11:03pm On Mar 03
Nacson:

Do you you and your book believe JESUS die for you on the cross of Calvary? This is the reason he came to this world. And your book don't accept it. moreover, Christs' incarnation is a mystery; religioulist like you cannot understand

Jesus didn't die!
He is not God!
God no dey die!
God can save people without killing and shedding blood!
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 11:13pm On Mar 03
Kobojunkie:
Well, is there a rule that states that to qualify as a God, a God must not Himself bow to the Will of another God? Cause you are here ascribing your private views on the God of Israel and the relationship between Him and His Son when no such rules were even stated to exist. lipsrsealed

It does exist!
God is one! He has no other peer no other partner no son! No wife! No master! God no dey share his glory with anybody! He is just one!

I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another... Isaiah 42:8

I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. Isaiah 45:5

Bye!!!
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
■ It does exist! God is one! He has no other peer no other partner no son! No wife! No master! God no dey share his glory with anybody! He is just one! I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another... Isaiah 42:8
I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. Isaiah 45:5 Bye!!!
Interesting undecided
5 The Lord, the true God, said these things. (He created the sky and spread it out over the earth. He formed the earth and everything it produced. He breathes life into all the people on earth. He gives a spirit to everyone who walks on the earth.)
6 “I, the Lord, was right to call you. I will hold your hand and protect you. You will be the sign of my agreement with the people. You will be a light for the other nations.
7 You will make the blind able to see. You will free those who are held as captives. You will lead those who live in darkness out of their prison.
8 I am Yahweh. That is my name. I will not give my glory to another. I will not let statues take the praise that should be mine.
9 In the past, I told you what would happen, and it happened! Now I am telling you something new, and I am telling you now before it happens.” - Isaiah 42 vs 5 - 9
There is indeed only one God of Israel. All other gods the people of Israel attempted to create for themselves in the land of Canaan were frauds. Jesus Christ is not Yahweh, the God of Israel. Nor did Jesus Christ say He came to take the place of Yahweh, the God of Israel. No, Jesus Christ is God in the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom not even of this world. lipsrsealed

Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by TradingGod: 12:09am On Mar 04
AntiChristian:
He ressurected by which God's power?

Why not worship the father that can't die?

Anyone greater than death will not die at all!

God no get pikin! God created Adam from earth! God is powerful to create anything He wants!

Adam has no parents!
Eve was created from Adam!
Jesus was born with a Mother!
All others have both parents!

St. Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by TradingGod: 12:11am On Mar 04
AntiChristian:

What happened was because Jesus was talking in parables purposely so that they won't understand!

Jesus wanted them to die in sins so he explains to his disciples later!

If you need the verses for the opinions above I can give you!

John 8:58 Jesus replied, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, before Abraham was born, I AM. [Exod. 3:14.]

(Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.)

John 8:59 When Jesus said this, the people picked up stones to throw at him. But Jesus hid himself, and then he left the Temple.

What happened in verse 59 is similar to what will happen to any one that abuse allah in kano,

The reaction of the people was because of what He was saying that He is the Yahweh they worship.
To them it was blasphemous to compare yourself to God Almighty just as you muslim think.

But understand that God original plan was for Him to dwell in man and the perfect example was Jesus Christ

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

St. John 1:12 But to All who Believed Him and Accepted Him, To Them He Gave the Authority to Become God in Flesh. ✝️

As a born again Christian, I am God made flesh, this new nature is the same nature of Jesus Christ

.it is this new nature that I was born into, the old nature I got from my parents was supplanted by this new nature not by my own works but by faith on the finished works of Christ

Originally the old nature was subjected to death due to adam disobedience but Christ came and took my place of punishment and Gave me His Divine nature there by making me 100% God and 100% man

That is why we are called Christians (like Christ) because we carry His God nature wink

Now, Just Like Christ, the only thing connecting me to this earth realm is the body I got from my mother, but the corrupted life I inherited from Adam through my father has been supplanted by a new life I inherited from God through Christ Jesus and it is called THE ETERNAL LIFE

St. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He Gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Hanndye: 1:27am On Mar 04
AntiChristian:

Do God have any master?
Jesus is God, as the Son of God, having the nature of God, but He is not the Almighty God.

Like you are AntiChristian (pray not) your son would be AntiChristian but he would not be called THE AntiChristian.
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Brendaniel: 5:57am On Mar 04
AntiChristian:

God dey die for 3 days?

You read the bible but don't understand....
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 6:03am On Mar 04
Brendaniel:

You read the bible but don't understand....

Because I don't have the holy spirit right?
Who told you the Bible was written with the Holy spirit for you to understand it?
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Brendaniel: 6:05am On Mar 04
AntiChristian:

Anyone who has seen the messenger of God has seen God! No one can see God!

Jesus explains your verse below:

I told you earlier, you read the bible but don't understand,

The Spoken Word of God - He spoke us into being Psalm 139 16 - Jesus is the Word of God, is the power of life that has created all things.

The Word was in the beginning (John 1:1–2). Through the Word the Father created (v. 3). And the power of animation that makes created things alive was in the Word, as John puts it in verse 4: “In him was life, and the life was the light of men.” Life was in Jesus.
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 6:06am On Mar 04
Hanndye:

Jesus is God, as the Son of God, having the nature of God, but He is not the Almighty God.

Like you are AntiChristian (pray not) your son would be AntiChristian but he would not be called THE AntiChristian.

So how many Gods do we have? Jesus and his father!
Two Gods! Plus Holy spirit making three!

Where did Jesus mentioned that he had the nature of God specifically!

Read Isaiah 45:5 and 42:8 before coming back!
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Brendaniel: 6:09am On Mar 04
AntiChristian:

Because I don't have the holy spirit right?
Who told you the Bible was written with the Holy spirit for you to understand it?

Not just that but because you read the bible like a story book with so much doubt in your heart....
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Hanndye: 7:11am On Mar 04
AntiChristian:

So how many Gods do we have? Jesus and his father!
Two Gods! Plus Holy spirit making three!

Where did Jesus mentioned that he had the nature of God specifically!

Read Isaiah 45:5 and 42:8 before coming back!
Please read: John 17:3, psalm 82:6, John 10:35-38.
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 7:15am On Mar 04
Brendaniel:

Not just that but because you read the bible like a story book with so much doubt in your heart....

What doubt is in your mind?
Are you in my mind to know what's in it?
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 7:24am On Mar 04
Hanndye:

Please read: John 17:3, psalm 82:6, John 10:35-38.

John 17: 3
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Here we know God and Jesus his messenger!

Psalm 82:6
“I said, ‘You are “gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.’

gods = Elohim! We are all Elohim! How is this relevant since everyone is son of Elohim?

John 10:34-38
Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods’? 35If he called them gods to whom the word of God came— and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36then what about the One whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world? How then can you accuse Me of blasphemy for stating that I am the Son of God?…

Jesus explains to them that they misunderstood him. Everyone is gods (Elohim) metaphorically! So how can't he be son of god (Elohim) too!

All these still proves jesus to be a messenger of God!
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Brendaniel: 7:25am On Mar 04
AntiChristian:

What doubt is in your mind?
Are you in my mind to know what's in it?

You have doubts, even a sinner has to believe the word of God first before salvation, I know something is telling you that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, but you are forcing doubts into your heart....
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Hanndye: 7:38am On Mar 04
AntiChristian:

John 10:34-38
Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods’? 35If he called them gods to whom the word of God came— and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36then what about the One whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world? How then can you accuse Me of blasphemy for stating that I am the Son of God?…

Jesus explains to them that they misunderstood him. Everyone is gods (Elohim) metaphorically! So how can't he be son of god (Elohim) too!

All these still proves jesus to be a messenger of God!
"John 10:34-38

Jesus explains to them that they misunderstood him. Everyone is gods (Elohim) metaphorically! So how can't he be son of god (Elohim) too!"

Do you agree then that we can be God's children and not just slaves as you Muslims would insist?
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 9:02am On Mar 04
Hanndye:

"John 10:34-38

Jesus explains to them that they misunderstood him. Everyone is gods (Elohim) metaphorically! So how can't he be son of god (Elohim) too!"

Do you agree then that we can be God's children and not just slaves as you Muslims would insist?

How did God give birth to you?

God created Adam and by extension us too! So metaphorically we are from God!

But in the real sense we are slaves of God!

1. Paul allegedly said in Romans 6:16:
Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

This means if we obey God then we are God's slaves!

2. Paul continues later in Romans 6:22:
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

Here we see that those who have been set free from sins become slaves of God!

3. Luke also said in Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus.

Here we see Jesus relegated to being a servant of God by Luke.

(Many Bible translations including NKJV used "Servant Jesus" in the above verse but KJV, Catholic and Aramaic Bible translation used "son Jesus". Amplified Bible decided to used "Servant and son Jesus" showing amplification of course. Young's Literal translation used "His Child Jesus".)
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 9:05am On Mar 04
Brendaniel:

You have doubts, even a sinner has to believe the word of God first before salvation, I know something is telling you that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, but you are forcing doubts into your heart....

Yeah i believe Jesus is the way for the people of Israel he was sent to! He said he was sent to the lost sheep of Israel!

Just as Noah too was sent to his people to save them from the flood! Noah was the way for them!

Moses too was sent to his people to save them from Pharaoh! Moses was the way for them!

Jesus was the way in his time!

Not anymore!
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Brendaniel: 9:10am On Mar 04
AntiChristian:

Yeah i believe Jesus is the way for the people of Israel he was sent to! He said he was sent to the lost sheep of Israel!

Just as Noah too was sent to his people to save them from the flood! Noah was the way for them!

Moses too was sent to his people to save them from Pharaoh! Moses was the way for them!

Jesus was the way in his time!

Not anymore!

Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by Hanndye: 9:21am On Mar 04
AntiChristian:

How did God give birth to you?

God created Adam and by extension us too! So metaphorically we are from God!

But in the real sense we are slaves of God!

1. Paul allegedly said in Romans 6:16:
Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

This means if we obey God then we are God's slaves!

2. Paul continues later in Romans 6:22:
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

Here we see that those who have been set free from sins become slaves of God!

3. Luke also said in Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus.

Here we see Jesus relegated to being a servant of God by Luke.

(Many Bible translations including NKJV used "Servant Jesus" in the above verse but KJV, Catholic and Aramaic Bible translation used "son Jesus". Amplified Bible decided to used "Servant and son Jesus" showing amplification of course. Young's Literal translation used "His Child Jesus".)
In what sense can we then be gods and Jesus being the Son of God toeing the Islamic line since you agree with John 10:34-38.
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 9:38am On Mar 04
TradingGod:

John 8:58 Jesus replied, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, before Abraham was born, I AM. [Exod. 3:14.]

(Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.)

The quote from your God in Exodus 3:14 is not the same as what Jesus quoted in John 8:58.

Check John 8:24 your translators were playing with your head translated the same "ego eimi" as "I am He" and not "I am" again as before!

In other places, ego eimi was translated as "I am the one". Even the blind man Jesus healed did used it.

I have told you before that the verse above is dubiously translated but you won't admit it.

John 9:9
Some claimed that he was, but others said, “No, he just looks like him.” But the man kept saying, “I am the one.”

Look at the same words translated as "I am" when Jesus was involved but when Jesus was not involved it was translated as "i am the one"

John 8:59 When Jesus said this, the people picked up stones to throw at him. But Jesus hid himself, and then he left the Temple.
The verse is dubiously translated! This is the second time i am writing this!

What happened in verse 59 is similar to what will happen to any one that abuse Allah in kano,
This is false! What happened in Kano was what your God ordained for Israelites in your Bible! Don't be ignorant bro!

anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death. Leviticus 24:16

The reaction of the people was because of what He was saying that He is the Yahweh they worship.
To them it was blasphemous to compare yourself to God Almighty just as you muslim think.
You no sabi anything! Jesus was speaking in Parables so they didn't understand!

"Though I have been speaking figuratively (paroimia), a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father. John 16:25

When he (Jesus) was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables so that," 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'
Mark 4:10-12

[/quote]But understand that God original plan was for Him to dwell in man and the perfect example was Jesus Christ[/quote] Where did God state this original plan exactly like this?

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
This was written by Paul who never met Jesus!

St. John 1:12 But to All who Believed Him and Accepted Him, To Them He Gave the Authority to Become God in Flesh. ✝️

As a born again Christian, I am God made flesh, this new nature is the same nature of Jesus Christ
John said all this not Jesus! Did Jesus ever told anyone to accept him as Lord? He fed 5000! He met the Canaanite woman, he met the rich ruler who asked about eternal life! Who did he tell to accept him as Lord and savior?

.it is this new nature that I was born into, the old nature I got from my parents was supplanted by this new nature not by my own works but by faith on the finished works of Christ

Originally the old nature was subjected to death due to adam disobedience but Christ came and took my place of punishment and Gave me His Divine nature there by making me 100% God and 100% man

That is why we are called Christians (like Christ) because we carry His God nature wink

Now, Just Like Christ, the only thing connecting me to this earth realm is the body I got from my mother, but the corrupted life I inherited from Adam through my father has been supplanted by a new life I inherited from God through Christ Jesus and it is called THE ETERNAL LIFE

St. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He Gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
You have been confused by the hocus pocus of your church fathers! Hopefully your eyes will open!

Jesus opined he was a messenger of God"

John 5:30
I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

John 6:38
for I have come down from heaven to do, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

John 14:24
Whoever does not love me does not observe my words. The word that you are hearing is not mine, but belongs to the Father who sent me.

John 14:31
But for the world to know that I love the Father, I am doing just as the Father has commanded me to do. Get up, let us go from here.

John 12:49-50
For I have not spoken of my own initiative, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak. And I know that his commandment means everlasting life. So whatever I speak, I speak just as the Father has told me.”
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 9:42am On Mar 04
Hanndye:

In what sense can we then be gods and Jesus being the Son of God toeing the Islamic line since you agree with John 10:34-38.

Do you know the meaning of Elohim?

In the Bible, it can mean God or gods or Satan or Angel or Man!

So it doesn't mean anything when it is translated as God or god in English

The concept of God/god (Elohim) in the Bible is deceptive and can easily be translated as one wishes.

Son of God
In the Bible we see that Moses was God for Pharaoh, Satan is the God of the world, Sons of God came to sleep with humans (Genesis 6:1-4), God fought Jacob and lost, Jesus is the son of God, Even you are Gods. Most of these Gods are from "Elohim" in Hebrew. Elohim which can be translated as "gods" can be used in the singular sense for God, for god, Angels, Superhuman, and for people of authority such as a Judge or ruler.

Elohim as God aka Yahweh
Take note that in Gen 1:1 In the Beginning God (Elohim) created the heaven and earth.

Used as gods
Now I know that the LORD (Yahweh) is greater than all other gods (Elohim), for he did this to those who had treated Israel arrogantly.” Exo 18:11

“Whoever sacrifices to any god (Elohim) other than the LORD (Yahweh) must be destroyed. Exo 22:20

As an Angel (Cos i don't think Jacob can fight God.)
“Your name will no longer be Jacob,” the man told him. “From now on you will be called Israel, because you have fought with God and with men and have won.” Gen 32:28

Humans are God (Elohim)
Then the LORD (Yahweh) said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God (Elohim) to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. Exo 7:1

“I said, ‘You are “gods"(Elohim); you are all sons of the Most High.’ Psalm 82:6
Re: 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 9:51am On Mar 04
Brendaniel:

Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).

Others too did the same!

Noah called people to enter the ark! If they don't they will perish!

Same as Moses!

Nothing special!

All Prophets were the way...in their respective times!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Xenophanes' Criticism Of Anthropomorphism Vs The Triune Nature of God / Annunaki , Have You Read The Old Testament / Itumo,iwulo Odu Ifa Ti O Lagbara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.