Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 (45026 Views)

See The Fish I Bought With My Hard-Earned ₦1k / See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina / The Fish I Caught In My Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by Jagabanarmy: 5:32pm On Mar 06
Abbeytoy:

Where is your location?
Leave that adolescent guy. He's being fed by his parents

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by Rayd502(m): 5:32pm On Mar 06
Zaheertyler:
I dey buy 1k
Yesterday I carry 1k go
She said 1500 last
The mama no even look my side
I can't buy it for more than 1k I said to my self
I added extra and got catfish

Exactly...Since this fish became too expensive, I started substituting it with cat fish.

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by marvel2real: 5:36pm On Mar 06
She cheated you.That a horse mackerel,looks like Titus but not Titus and cheaper than Titus.
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by cocolacec(m): 5:40pm On Mar 06
Abbeytoy:

Really? They Ripe me in portable voice oo
It should be around 3k.
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by Jeje247: 5:40pm On Mar 06
It's 2500-3k each in Benin last I checked 2 weeks ago

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by Caaz: 5:42pm On Mar 06
Abbeytoy:

Yes. I do
Delish cheesy
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by olaiya2007(m): 5:43pm On Mar 06
Truth be told... She did you a great favor if that's original Titus & not kampala

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by Lanretoye(m): 5:44pm On Mar 06
SIXFEETUNDER:
You neva see chumchin
dey swear for yourself,wether you and your family Dey buy stuffs from seperate market you go know

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by AllenSpencer: 5:45pm On Mar 06
You should have bought shark. Titus too expensive
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by porthouse7(f): 5:48pm On Mar 06
Abbeytoy:
I am the type that doesn't like regular fish aside from catfish. I eat chicken, turkey, and goat meat more, but yesterday I decided to change my regular taste and went to the market to buy this Titus fish. If I can remember vividly, it wasn't sold for more than #400 the last time I ate it, but guess the price is now. It was so sweet, though, and I am not sure if this lady scammed me or sold cheap.

Please drop the current price.

Update... This Fish was sold to me for 5k and the lady was doing like she did me a favour. cry cry

I think I have been scammed kiss cry
lieing or u don't know how to bargain
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by Goodnewsforlife: 5:52pm On Mar 06
santaclaws:

Bros... Na inside Aso Villa your restaurant dey?
Make una suffry dey add maggi to price na, wetin happen!
na so one tell me say a bag of pure water na 600 for him side

Many of them take delight in inflating prices unnecessarily

I don’t know what they want to gain from that

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by NeckingNgulping(m): 5:52pm On Mar 06
Multiversed:

This seems to be on the high side.

The last one I bought was N900.

Bro, we are in a big mess. SMH.

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by Hezmatosky: 5:53pm On Mar 06
Before smoked fish like this in Lagos was just about 150 per one. Who's even eating it? Except when you want to cook concoction rice as a bachelor or spincer or students
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by santaclaws: 5:53pm On Mar 06
blowjohn:

Ooooooh.... See eh, I go try reach there make I get their restaurant number for u.

I remember they called the rice the mackerel tail was placed on 'mackerel rice' when I asked last week.

So if 1,500 for tail of fish is understandable, then buying 2 fresh fish for 5 k is cheap then.

Abi?

Hope u know say the 1,500 fish tail is the very small ones o. Very small one u will be so annoyed.

On the other hand the 2,500/3000 ones are big.

Sounds like a high end restaurant, cos normally most regular eateries wouldn't be bold enough to call such a price.

Well, if it's a high end restaurant, it's understandable. At least clubs sell a bottle of coke for 5k, while it's 300 naira outside.
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by yesloaded: 5:54pm On Mar 06
Abbeytoy:
I am the type that doesn't like regular fish aside from catfish. I eat chicken, turkey, and goat meat more, but yesterday I decided to change my regular taste and went to the market to buy this Titus fish. If I can remember vividly, it wasn't sold for more than #400 the last time I ate it, but guess the price is now. It was so sweet, though, and I am not sure if this lady scammed me or sold cheap.

Update... This Fish was sold to me for 5k and the lady was doing like she did me a favour. cry cry

She no scam you

I bought 1kg of hake(Panla) at 4350 from supermarket. Last week bought at 4200

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by santaclaws: 5:56pm On Mar 06
Goodnewsforlife:
na so one tell me say a bag of pure water na 600 for him side

Many of them take delight in inflating prices unnecessarily

I don’t know what they want to gain from that

A bag of pure water is about 300-500 now normally, so 600 naira isn't too far, but the retailers must be making excessive profit.

This whole dollar stuff has been overplayed and some Nigerians didn't take it easy on others, especially those selling consumer goods, they're always hiking prices.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by blowjohn(m): 6:03pm On Mar 06
santaclaws:

Sounds like a high end restaurant, cos normally most regular eateries wouldn't be bold enough to call such a price.

Well, if it's a high end restaurant, it's understandable. At least clubs sell a bottle of coke for 5k, while it's 300 naira outside.

Maybe it's a high end restaurant. Their coke and similar drinks are just like 100 naira extra in price tho. Don't know how restaurants are rated here. If u know mama cass restaurant popular in Lagos many years ago, then picture a restaurant like that. But with more offerings in variety
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by pendragonbladgo(m): 6:06pm On Mar 06
Blacklion3:
800 per piece 1600 for 2
1year ago
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by fred04(m): 6:07pm On Mar 06
Abbeytoy:

I bought 4k for a kilo last month
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by santaclaws: 6:08pm On Mar 06
blowjohn:

Maybe it's a high end restaurant. Their coke and similar drinks are just like 100 naira extra in price tho. Don't know how restaurants are rated here. If u know mama cass restaurant popular in Lagos many years ago, then picture a restaurant like that. But with more offerings in variety

I know mama cass very well grin

If it's something like mama cass, then it's high-end... you can't expect their prices to be the same as a regular buka lol. I must say that's twice or thrice the price of a cut fish in a normal restaurant, but hey, you enjoyed the AC and the neat, conducive environment... such is life. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by doyin01: 6:08pm On Mar 06
mariahAngel:

Keep being delusional.

I don't blame you though.
When was the last time you bought fish?

Me I bought that same fish two days ago and they sold it for 1400 each and it is here on the island where things are often more expensive ...
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by Abbeytoy(m): 6:10pm On Mar 06
porthouse7:
lieing or u don't know how to bargain

Maybe I don't know
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by Abbeytoy(m): 6:10pm On Mar 06
cocolacec:

It should be around 3k.

Hmmm
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by Abbeytoy(m): 6:11pm On Mar 06
Jagabanarmy:

Leave that adolescent guy. He's being fed by his parents

Okay
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by Abbeytoy(m): 6:11pm On Mar 06
yemmit90:

She scammed your big time, both fishes should not more than 3k. The ones my wife bought in my present last weekend evening from street hawker was bigger than this at 2800 for 2.

I thought as much
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by ivandragon: 6:12pm On Mar 06
Abbeytoy:

You were not scammed.

Depending on location, a carton (approx. 20kg) of real titus fish goes for 87k to 90k at distributor price.

Given that there are between 40-50 pieces in a carton, depending on the size of the fish, if we take an average of 45 pieces in a carton with an average carton price of 88.5k, it comes down to about 1.9k-2k per fish at distributor price.

By the time you factor in transport to the retailer, market dues, extortions, spoilage & other losses, and then profit... you can see that 2.5k for one is not bad.

Now, you can get it far cheaper because the closer you are to the actual source, the less middle men and logistics. But then again, when you factor in the cost of getting to the source, is it worth it for 2 pieces of fish?

If however you want to buy in large quantities, then get as close to the source as possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by Abbeytoy(m): 6:13pm On Mar 06
FFIA:

Annie will forget about her husband and give you one one-night stand for this fish. cool

I will compensate her with a good head.

Who's she? She gets back and front?/
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by Abbeytoy(m): 6:13pm On Mar 06
drugBaronTINUBU:

A kilo is 4500 in my area and it's exactly like this
I bought today

Each?
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by Abbeytoy(m): 6:14pm On Mar 06
ivandragon:

You were not scammed.

Some people said I was
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by SaLongs1(m): 6:18pm On Mar 06
yarimo:
The two won't coast more than #400
You go buy am for thief hand be dat.
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by Abbeytoy(m): 6:19pm On Mar 06
Xammie001:
They scam you oooo, 1 kilo is 3400

I don't know kilo, I just pick and price
Re: See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:20pm On Mar 06
yarimo:
keep lying to yourself

Who release this one from psychia?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? / Barber Drinks To Death In Lagos Over N10,000 / Man Beats Goat For Eating His Jollof Rice (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.