Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) (43311 Views)

Between These Two Home Interiors, Which One Do You Prefer? / Why Do Tenants Always Prefer Packing Out At Night? / Landlord Or Landlady, Which Of These Do You Prefer To Rent Their Houses?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by Conaljom: 10:20am On Mar 06
I'll go for the gable roofing due to the weather condition in Southern part of the country.

The open roofing looks more beautiful but with constant exposure to rainfall, the building absorbs the water and results to dampness of the wall and the beauty begins to fade.

Open roof buildings will be much better in Northern part of the country.

If you have deep pockets for maintenance, then open roofing is good to go with.

In general, I'm not condemning open roofing. I only shared my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 10:22am On Mar 06
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool The TRIANGLE shape abeg..

U see FLAT building… person fit go relax der SMOKE 5 raps of WEED without u knowing..

And what ever people throw something for the FLAT building, e de always remain der for up because no way to SLIDE DOWN..

So imagine say person throw SHIT..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Weedspirations 🤔🤝
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by saydfact(m): 10:25am On Mar 06
money121:
Flat Roofing style

Or

Gamble Roofing Style

THIS for me
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by blingxx(m): 10:25am On Mar 06
DenreleDave:
That

I love the korean type of roofing. You fit go relax and sleep during heat period unless the one wey get roof, na di.e you dey

The second makes it very hard for electricians to work on your ceiling

4 Likes

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by nabiz(m): 10:26am On Mar 06
I love flat roof. They hardly go out of fashion.

1 Like

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by frankyychiji(f): 10:28am On Mar 06
Olarewaju89:

This trend is not for you undecided
"thread"

Don't mention.
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by Cheryph200(m): 10:28am On Mar 06
Make una no dey ask us question jare ..wait make we get the money to build first
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by lekonso: 10:29am On Mar 06
[quote author=nabiz post=128801602]I love flat roof. They hardly go out of fashion. [/quote
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by adioolayi(m): 10:30am On Mar 06
The two are gbese this period..

Wetin concern a common man with design for this economy...

Just bring what is damn affordable!!!
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by Papilo4364(m): 10:30am On Mar 06
No 1
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by spyder880(m): 10:32am On Mar 06
How about these two, which do you prefer and why?

5 Likes

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by GloriousGbola: 10:33am On Mar 06
money121:
This or that

And please share your Reason cool cool

neither
the first is copy pasted from western residential architeture and serves NO purpose. it is simply architects wasting clients money. the roof has a steep slope so that snow will slide down rather than collect on it until the weight of the snow makes the roof cave in. this is not an issue in africa, so a roof with a gentle slope is fine. i am always irritated when i see all these house with roofs like this. a fool and his money roofs

even more so as tropical temperatures mean that the attic [that space under the roof] is useless

the second is not a roof but a concrete slab. it requires a waterproof membrae that usually has to be replaced every four years or so.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by joseph1832(m): 10:36am On Mar 06
money121:
This or that

judging by how things have become so expensive now, the first house is a total waste of wood, while the second is the best.

1 Like

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by Pablodreay890: 10:37am On Mar 06
I prefer the second one. Anything screeding always my first choose of roofing
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by esemes256: 10:37am On Mar 06
I prefer the one that can easily take solar panels
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 10:38am On Mar 06
Omo na my belle I wan roof first, before I think of roofing anything o

1 Like

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by safarifarms(m): 10:39am On Mar 06
How does the flat roof benefit solar panels?
immortalcrown:
Why didn't you use the same building design to compare the different roofing styles? You can see that the Gamble roofing style on the first building will not be so bad on the second building but the flat roofing style on that second building will look so bad on the first building.

Therefore, my preference depends on the building design. Duplicate the first building design, try roof A on one copy of the building and try roof B on the other copy of the building. Do the same on the second building design. Then, you will clearly get my point.

I think that roofing style is not always about style choice but about purpose. For example, solar panels can be the reason for the flat roof. Weather condition can also influence roofing choice.
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 10:41am On Mar 06
safarifarms:
How does the flat roof benefit solar panels?
Solar panels need to be positioned almost flat (horizontal). Flat roofing style aids the positioning.

1 Like

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by safarifarms(m): 10:43am On Mar 06
bassdow:
The roof style on Second building, is much better for Solar Panel installation than what's used on the first building.

In other words, Solar Panels works better on Flat Roofs works much better than Gabble roofs

How does the flat roof work better for solar panels?
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by Baselm: 10:45am On Mar 06
money121:
Flat Roofing style

Or

Gamble Roofing Style

It is Gable roof, correct the typo

1 Like

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by GloriousGbola: 10:46am On Mar 06
immortalcrown:
Solar panels need to be positioned almost flat (horizontal). Flat roofing style aids the positioning.

damn. in the west optimum angle is btw 30 to 45 degrees.

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by money121(m): 10:48am On Mar 06
Baselm:

It is Gable roof, correct the typo
Done thanks
Is typo error

A ni ru ogun gamble roofing oo grin

2 Likes

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 10:48am On Mar 06
GloriousGbola:

damn. in the west optimum angle is btw 30 to 45 degrees.
Pardon my mistake. I forgot to tell you that weather is a factor in the case.
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by MichealOlajide: 10:50am On Mar 06
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool The TRIANGLE shape abeg..

U see FLAT building… person fit go relax der SMOKE 5 raps of WEED without u knowing..

And what ever people throw for the FLAT building, e de always remain der for up because no way to SLIDE DOWN..

So imagine say person throw SHIT..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

what the fu*k is this 🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by Dyfynezz12(m): 10:52am On Mar 06
Scamburster:

Honestly, I don't know how to describe you, but you might be a phycologist.
Dude is smart
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by PrinceGallant: 10:53am On Mar 06
ATLANTIC01:
This
That
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by GloriousGbola: 10:53am On Mar 06
immortalcrown:
Pardon my mistake. I forgot to tell you that weather is a factor in the case.

From what I saw we may need an angle it max 10 degrees because of insolation.
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by Larwin(m): 10:53am On Mar 06
Flat roof always
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 10:55am On Mar 06
GloriousGbola:

From what I saw we may need an angle it max 10 degrees because of insolation.
I didn't imply otherwise. I said almost flat.
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by Allisgud: 10:55am On Mar 06
1.I like that it's an international style,the way all those igbo people dey prefer building high roof house when as if they have a room inside where they hide secret things
2.I will even prefer that like decking so it will be like a balcony
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by highchief1: 10:55am On Mar 06
money121:
This or that

the only advantage of flat roof is that u save heavy cost.its not finer neither is it more efficient.if that thg worry u,u go think say ur village ppl don finally catch u.
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by GloriousGbola: 10:57am On Mar 06
immortalcrown:
I didn't imply otherwise. I said almost flat.

Chief I was agreeing with you. I did a search for the angle and first saw 30 to 45 degree slope. I then amended to Nigeria and I got 10 degree slope.

The irony is that a traditional roof will therfore have better energy yield and not announce to everyone that this person has solar panels because the angle of the roof limits visibility

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses / Plywood Ghetto-house Under Lagos Bridge That Has An Air-conditioner! / Strangest Buildings In The World (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.