Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) (43314 Views)

Between These Two Home Interiors, Which One Do You Prefer? / Why Do Tenants Always Prefer Packing Out At Night? / Landlord Or Landlady, Which Of These Do You Prefer To Rent Their Houses?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by jaytime(m): 1:24pm On Mar 06
That
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by swagifted(m): 1:39pm On Mar 06
bassdow:
The roof style on Second building, is much better for Solar Panel installation than what's used on the first building.

In other words, Solar Panels works better on Flat Roofs than on Gabble roofs
same here. But if you have a big land is not better to mount the panels on the ground?
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by Donchieli: 1:40pm On Mar 06
You have a create a channel wer water is going to pass through during rain fall

Depending on the size of the building, u will buy more rods and more cement also more incur more cost

Praxis758:
How did it wreck you financially because flat roofings do not consume materials like the gamble ones?

Pls educate us.

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by COMPAQ(m): 3:11pm On Mar 06
money121:
This or that

And please share your Reason cool cool

THAT!
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by Adegunle4(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06
airsaylongcome:
Can never go for flat roofs in Nigeria. Humid environment coupled with zero building competence will mean that proper water drainage in the roof will be a nightmare

That’s not true though… because not all flat roofs have to be drained on slabs or gutters…
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by Praxis758: 3:23pm On Mar 06
Donchieli:
You have a create a channel wer water is going to pass through during rain fall

Depending on the size of the building, u will buy more rods and more cement also more incur more cost

So, it indirectly consumes money as well.

I’m an architect, I don’t encourage my clients to go for flat roofings because of:

1. Longevity of roof: its potential to retain water because of low droplets during rainfall makes it prone to leakage.

2. Shortness of fashion. The trend may not last long. We’ve had trends where buildings are roofed according to the inner partitioning but such are not outdated while those with high roofs are still in vogue.

3. Temperature: Such roofs brings heat to the house because of space ration and closeness to the ceiling.

2 Likes

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 3:49pm On Mar 06
uncleck:

1. High cost of maintenance: Due to heavy rainfall, especially in southern part of Nigeria, the external walls of your building will require more frequent maintenance...

2. Leakage: Building materials, especially roofing materials, is becoming more and more inferior in Nigeria. For instance, 2×2 Pauline in the market is now less than 1×1 in size. 0.45mm gauge of roofing sheet is no longer more than 0.35mm in thickness. Consequently, there's high tendency of having leaky roof if it's flat... Whenever inexperienced technicians climb it, they create more harm...

3. Maintenance difficulty: flat roof is difficult to service...

Thank you for the explanation, I will work toward the gabble design then since the only thing about it is just the cost of fixing it.
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by 22just: 4:05pm On Mar 06
I prefer the flat one, look beautiful and trendy. But which one is cheaper or more economical?
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by PotatoSalad(m): 4:34pm On Mar 06
MT:

I can create another flat surface to hold those panel if need be..

That triangular roof for me anyday. Such a beauty!
Wasn't possible in my case. I'm getting less than 75% yield cos of that. Had to oversize my system but rarely hit 4 out of 6kw
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by money121(m): 4:45pm On Mar 06
22just:
I prefer the flat one, look beautiful and trendy. But which one is cheaper or more economical?
With current situation of nigeria both are expensive now becos is u are going for flat roofing the best guage is 0.55mm upward
And as at today we sell that 7,400 permtr

Whatsapp 08085310359 for more enquires
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by Emeka71(m): 7:07pm On Mar 06
immortalcrown:
Why didn't you use the same building design to compare the different roofing styles? You can see that the Gamble roofing style on the first building will not be so bad on the second building but the flat roofing style on that second building will look so bad on the first building.

Therefore, my preference depends on the building design. Duplicate the first building design, try roof A on one copy of the building and try roof B on the other copy of the building. Do the same on the second building design. Then, you will clearly get my point.

I also think that roofing style is not always about style choice but about purpose. For example, solar panels can be the reason for the flat roof. A helipad on a building calls for a flat roof. Weather condition can also influence roofing choice. Imagine a house with a flat roofing style under heavy snow. The flat roof can pack enough snow to pull down the building.
The flat roof can even trigger a leakage during serious rainfall.
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by Phabulous4(m): 7:32pm On Mar 06
Apt...
immortalcrown:
Why didn't you use the same building design to compare the different roofing styles? You can see that the Gamble roofing style on the first building will not be so bad on the second building but the flat roofing style on that second building will look so bad on the first building.

Therefore, my preference depends on the building design. Duplicate the first building design, try roof A on one copy of the building and try roof B on the other copy of the building. Do the same on the second building design. Then, you will clearly get my point.

I also think that roofing style is not always about style choice but about purpose. For example, solar panels can be the reason for the flat roof. A helipad on a building calls for a flat roof. Weather condition can also influence roofing choice. Imagine a house with a flat roofing style under heavy snow. The flat roof can pack enough snow to pull down the building.
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by edubest(m): 8:55pm On Mar 06
Go for the first ( gabble) the flat is not fit for Nigeria weather, you will keep painting the walls every month.
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by EmekaA125(m): 10:59pm On Mar 06
This.
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by Coolgent(m): 11:11pm On Mar 06
airsaylongcome:
Can never go for flat roofs in Nigeria. Humid environment coupled with zero building competence will mean that proper water drainage in the roof will be a nightmare
Iam using the flat roofing system since 2008, 2019, 2022 without any issue.

2 Likes

Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by Vikdus: 11:58pm On Mar 06
money121:
This or that

And please share your Reason cool cool

I prefer THIS
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by SheikhMuniru(m): 12:16am On Mar 07
Ibadan roofing styles is the best
Re: Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) by BeeNG3: 3:08am On Mar 07
My eyes enter both o😂😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses / Plywood Ghetto-house Under Lagos Bridge That Has An Air-conditioner! / Strangest Buildings In The World (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.