Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network - Nairaland / General (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network (53476 Views)

Poll: Nairaland Charity Org

YES: 91% (150 votes)
NO: 8% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Global Helpers Alliance / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ceasyc(f): 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=869990.msg10249674#msg10249674
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=855820.msg10266022#msg10266022

OAM4J - i do not understand the figures, can u make it clearer pls?

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WONDERFUL JOBS AND CONTRIBUTIONS, PRAYERS AND DONATIONS
MAY GOD FILL YOUR HEARTS & HOME WIT JOY AND LAUGHTER
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by debosky(m): 5:46pm On Feb 24, 2012
OAM4J:

@ Debosky

Actually we do not have a number in mind. sometimes in the middle of our activities we get a lot of these criticisms. We only want to give room to discuss all these issues openly. Our conclusion will be based on simple majority from those who participate in the discussion. No we are not waiting for 800,000  or 1000 responses, neither do we see the need to add a poll cos we are not just interested the number of those for or against, we are more interested in the arguments/ intelligent points for and against the issues. So we simply open a matter for a day or 2 and reach a conclusion from the number of contributions we get.

Thanks for responding chief.

I think we need to be tighter than that. If this is really about giving room to discuss openly then those who you deem to be stakeholders on nl, then they need to at least be informed. If they stay away then so be it, but if there is a particular issue needing discussing, people should be pmed telling them we have 2 days to decide on so and so.

Consider it like sending out ivs before an AGM - all shareholders are informed but only those interested enough/available at the time actually go to the meetings.

Just my two cents on this.

@ all

One other crucial issue we will like to bring to open and reach a conclusion on is the issue of setting aside a small percentage of the contributions for administrative expenses.

Is it a good idea? If so what percentage is reasonable enough?

I'm not sure I agree with setting aside a fixed percentage aside regardless of need. It should be needs based. What are the anticipated admin costs or estimates? I think it should be decided on a case by case basis, but rather than setting aside a percentage, I'd suggest the committee decides on it on a case by case basis, with the caveat that any admin cost above10% ( or a fixed amount like 50k) of the current purse holding should be brought to the wider house for approval.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Emeka72(m): 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2012
This is gradually becoming an organization.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 10:50pm On Feb 24, 2012
ceasyc:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=869990.msg10249674#msg10249674
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=855820.msg10266022#msg10266022

OAM4J - i do not understand the figures, can u make it clearer pls?

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WONDERFUL JOBS AND CONTRIBUTIONS, PRAYERS AND DONATIONS
MAY GOD FILL YOUR HEARTS & HOME WIT JOY AND LAUGHTER

Madam, I have provided more explanations, maybe you should tell me the aspect of the figures you don't understand, or you mean you don't understand all the figures?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 11:11pm On Feb 24, 2012
debosky:

Thanks for responding chief.

I think we need to be tighter than that. If this is really about giving room to discuss openly then those who you deem to be stakeholders on nl, then they need to at least be informed. If they stay away then so be it, but if there is a particular issue needing discussing, people should be pmed telling them we have 2 days to decide on so and so.

Consider it like sending out ivs before an AGM - all shareholders are informed but only those interested enough/available at the time actually go to the meetings.

Just my two cents on this.

Thanks. I get your point. It therefore means we have to compile a list of stakeholders. A though call but not impossible. Deciding the parameters for appointing stakeholders will be the tough part but we can do it.

I'm not sure I agree with setting aside a fixed percentage aside regardless of need. It should be needs based. What are the anticipated admin costs or estimates? I think it should be decided on a case by case basis, but rather than setting aside a percentage, I'd suggest the committee decides on it on a case by case basis, with the caveat that any admin cost above10% ( or a fixed amount like 50k) of the current purse holding should be brought to the wider house for approval.

Makes lots of sense. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Emeka72(m): 7:08am On Feb 25, 2012
The on-going project.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Gboliwe: 7:23am On Feb 25, 2012
I got your message Moderator and I can be counted on anytime. Just give the reasonable instructions and consider it done.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by toluxa1(m): 11:28am On Feb 25, 2012

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network
« #624 on: February 21, 2012, 11:05 PM »

Also we might need one or two more hands to join the team (subject to everyone's approval) as field officers

the criteria remains:

- Must be able to donate some of their precious time to go out and investigate cases anywhere in Nigeria
- To physically confirm and lead projects; must be in Nigeria, ready to devote time for the exercises
- Must be a regular poster on Nairaland NOT once a week poster
- Member since at least 2007 or have recommendations of at least 3 well known Nairalanders who have been members since 2007

I know toluxa1 and Gboliwe offered themselves the last time. I don't know if they are still willing and able to serve.

YES I AM STILL VERY MUCH WILLING AND AVAILABLE
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by perx(f): 1:12pm On Feb 25, 2012
oh my its been a while and like a roller coaster
today pain, tomorrow less pain. then you have that one that screams all night, etc eiya
but my sleep is gone. washing and dressing, changing the sheets is like helllll. God dey

thank you all so much for the money and God bless you all. some pix below (my birthday)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=855820.msg10271104#msg10271104
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=855820.msg10271120#msg10271120
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Emeka72(m): 2:08am On Feb 26, 2012
^ @Perx, GOD will see you through. Wait a minute, is today your birthday.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by GODSAYES(m): 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2012
Hello my fellow Nigerians, I got this thread and I found it soo interesting
I have a company here in United States that are donating funds to CHARITY/NON-PROFIT
ORGANIZATIONS all over the world every month, I need to talk to a representative of any Charity organization
that is willing to apply, it takes about a week to process the application
Send your cell or company's number to bojebiyi@yahoo.com, I will call you as soon as I
get your number to give you more details
Thank you and GOD bless.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 10:16am On Feb 29, 2012
^hmmn

Anyways,thank you sir for your kind gesture.The co-ordinator would reach you asap.

Bless you.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Emeka72(m): 1:31am On Mar 01, 2012
Okay.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by AmeboAjela(f): 8:13pm On Mar 03, 2012
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2012
@Amebo,someone already posted this story on here before and i did reply.

I told them to take the little baby to kanu heart foundation where she would be treated FREELY and she'd have access to quality healthcare.

I know how things work here and the parents might be carried away by the money they are recieving now and might object to this.I don't know how much longer they intend keeping that girls life hanging by the whiskers while they go about looking for donation.

Good part is that they dont need to "know somebody" before they would be attended to by Kanu heart foundation.Please if you do know them,advise them to go there asap.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maclatunji: 4:07pm On Mar 05, 2012
I just want to say a big thank you to TeHN for everything you did for Perx. You people are just wonderful, you made her story real for many people here on Nairaland, you sacrificed so much to get her help and that must have uplifted her spirit greatly. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you and God bless.

I wish this could have had a happy ending but man proposes, God disposes. Once again, thank you all for everything.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Emeka72(m): 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2012
I'm just sad because I longed to see perx or to talk to her on phone someday but unfortunate dat I couldn't.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 5:38pm On Mar 05, 2012
Thank you maclatunji.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 1:24pm On Mar 15, 2012
Hello .
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2012
heeeeello embarassed
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2012
We are planning on increasing the number of our team members and for now, the open slot is for field worker.

Our ideal person should be:

Between the ages of 25 to 45 years.

A male.
Able to travel at short notice.
Able to report sincerely to the team feedbacks from every field assignment.
Not overtly emotional and can reason rationally in every condition.
Very diplomatic.
Not a racist, not given to tribalism.
Very patient and can interract with all manner of people.

The journey so far has been rugged and stressful but we won't stop in reaching out to people in need.
We hope to hear from you ASAP.

Regards,
TEHN
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 12:50pm On Mar 24, 2012
^just to add, if interested, you can signify here or send a mail to nairalandcharity@gmail.com.

Handsome, strong, energetic males only. Joking. . .
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 5:20am On Mar 29, 2012
ifyalways: ^just to add, if interested, you can signify here or send a mail to nairalandcharity@gmail.com.

Handsome, strong, energetic males only. Joking. . .

hehehehe grin

I think R231 and I also need a very intelligent pretty lady PA too. . . joking grin

Now Seriously,

We also would like to constitute a board of stakeholders.

- These board will serve as advisers when we have issues to discuss and the 1st in the know when we have a new project.

This is open to as many who are passionate about the work of this organization and will want to support the organization continuously in cash and/or in kind. Please indicate your interest here or send us an email at nairalandcharity@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 30, 2012
I need a van vivker look alike PA . . . . I am NOT joking grin
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Gboliwe: 8:58pm On Apr 02, 2012
Mr r231, hope you got my mail?

Looks like I dont meet your criteria. I am female. Too bad. I am still available, in anycase you change your minds.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2012
Bump!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by badesco(m): 2:27pm On Apr 29, 2012
Though a very laudable ans nice idea but i hope naija factor would not sets in later.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2012
^Whats the "naija factor" and how do we prevent it ?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2012
Please check out our facebook group page and you can also join our group as well

https://www./tehnc/
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Gboliwe: 8:10pm On May 04, 2012
Nice initiative
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Tgirl4real(f): 10:12pm On May 06, 2012
Well done folks. More grace to you guys. Just put God first in all you do.

I have a few questions;

1. Is seun involved in anyway?

2. @ r231, why limit the vacancy to a guy? If you intend getting 2 pple, one can actually be a lady. I believe there are things a woman will handle better. And, not just any woman, but a matured one.

3. What admin costs are you referring to? Do you intend to start paying salaries and get an office? Or, do you have a physical office already?

4. Do you plan to run an open ballot for the stakeholders or it's gonna be strictly interest based.
Sorry, if my questions have already been trashed. The thread is long already.

A big thumps up to you guys. I pray God will give you the wisdom to run things adequately. Amen.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 11:10pm On May 06, 2012
Tgirl4real: Well done folks. More grace to you guys. Just put God first in all you do.

I have a few questions;

1. Is seun involved in anyway?

No

Tgirl4real:

2. @ r231, why limit the vacancy to a guy? If you intend getting 2 pple, one can actually be a lady. I believe there are things a woman will handle better. And, not just any woman, but a matured one.

We have 2 ladies working as field workers already (ify & olowotee) and we would need a guy to support them.

Tgirl4real:

3. What admin costs are you referring to? Do you intend to start paying salaries and get an office? Or, do you have a physical office already?

We are still deliberating on the admin cost.As for the salaries,we would agree on something when the establishment has fully found its grounds.In regards to getting an office,at the moment we working through Nairaland and our email address till funds are avalaible.

Tgirl4real:

4. Do you plan to run an open ballot for the stakeholders or it's gonna be strictly interest based.
Sorry, if my questions have already been trashed. The thread is long already.
The team(Tehn) has contacted a few members via emails, and we presently have a list of stakeholders which will be published on the thread soon.

Thanks for your input

God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25)

Electric Shock Kills Fulani Man's Cow In Delta(photos) / Meet President Jonathan's Look Alike. Smashing Resemblance / Lagos Children Beat Father Christmas That Showed Up Without Gifts (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.