Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,801 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy (29635 Views)

US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 18 Years Of Marriage / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Cantonese: 9:23am On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:

If na you what will you do?

What’s the fellow complaining for?
He can jolly well find his way to America, since he thinks the roads are all paved in gold.
What does he offer others on his own?
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by faceland: 9:23am On Mar 07
Yankee101:
Don’t let anyone count your money from a distance

Wow, those are the worst types of beggers.

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Mentcee(m): 9:23am On Mar 07
Timoleon:
bad English kill your mama there. Did I tell you I was aiming at 'speaking' good English?

OK, now that you've smitten my mum with your highly egregious and execrable ignorance, can you now feel very good?

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Timoleon(m): 9:24am On Mar 07
NinjaMetahuman:
Gratitude is the key.

You are not entitled to anybody's money unless they are your parents.

It's free money, if 50 naira is too small for you, you can dash someone else.

What is wrong with people?

Keep your money. If you don't have to give, don't give. Don't insult people in the guise of giving. If I dey sell food, person reach my front ask for food, I no go pour food for floor tell am make e go chop am for floor then expect am to show gratitude. I go rather tell am say food no dey.

I no go invite person come party give am rice, no meat, no spoon, tell am make e chop like that expect am to chop with gratitude after all, no be him money I take cook. E no make any sense. If I no invite am to the party, him dignity go dey intact.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Raph82(m): 9:25am On Mar 07
The guy might be testing him for all I know. Don't be surprised if the guy has something big in stock for him. What if he has a big project he wants to start here, and he's looking for some1 responsible and reliable to handle the project. He might be doing that for a start to reconnect with him.

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by TheFreshVanilla: 9:25am On Mar 07
Most of your friends /families abroad first convert the money into naira before sending them. They still relate with you like you're both spending naira even if they are doing well over there.

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Timoleon(m): 9:25am On Mar 07
Mentcee:

OK, now that you've smitten my mum with your highly egregious and execrable ignorance, can you now feel very good?
I didn't mention you. You mentioned me with your busy body. Try dey mind your business.
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Teeklef(m): 9:26am On Mar 07
pussyeater:

Ogun keee your neighbor. Na people like your neighbor dey stingy pass, werey. You know how many other people he send N20k to, within the same period. He fit be say na 20 people he send N20k each to, which fit equals N400k, but your werey neighbor is an ingrate. Thunder fire your neighbor, tell am say na me talk am. Also tell am make I no catch am for street
Haha!!! Bros no be your fight nao😂

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by NinjaMetahuman: 9:26am On Mar 07
Timoleon:

Keep your money. If you don't have to give, don't give. Don't insult people in the guise of giving. If I dey sell food, person reach my front ask for food, I no go pour food for floor tell am make e go chop am for floor then expect am to show gratitude. I go rather tell am say food no dey.

I no go invite person come party give am rice, no meat, no spoon, tell am make e chop like that expect am to chop with gratitude after all, no be him money I take cook. E no make any sense. If I no invite am to the party, him dignity go dey intact.
you can literally reject the money or give it out to someone else if you are too big for it.

But trust me, if he has 1billion naira to give out next time, he definitely won't remember ungrateful entitled friends.

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Yirnggau(m): 9:27am On Mar 07
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Timoleon(m): 9:30am On Mar 07
StPete:

Your comment is the only reasonable comment I've seen so far. You just spoke my mind.

It is better you even send shoes, or other items than send a paltry $12. Is there any reasonable thing u can buy with $12 in the US apart from food and groceries?

Nothing else bro. Even the food and groceries it will get you is the junk category.

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by goodconsience77: 9:30am On Mar 07
[i][/i] Ur naigbour should calm down because the friend may want to test him. Appreciate little thing done so u can get bigger one.
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Timoleon(m): 9:31am On Mar 07
NinjaMetahuman:
you can literally reject the money or give it out to someone else if you are too big for it.

But trust me, if he has 1billion naira to give out next time, he definitely won't remember ungrateful entitled friends.

K

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Teeklef(m): 9:31am On Mar 07
Wetin me go come do bayii. A close friend of mine that went to US like 10 years ago nko. The guy travelled to US through the help of God and me. He promised heaven and earth when leaving,he called me at the airport,even when they were on transit in Qatar he called. He's now a citizen,he brought his aunty in,that one is also a citizen now. Bought motor for mum and dad,he even bought for their last born. He came home last year to open a mighty mansion in our town. To cut the long story short,i message my guy some months ago to ask for financial assistance of which have never ask since he travelled. Baba said US economy is bad,that there is no work presently. And this same guy was pooping 2 large bottle of champagne on his whatsapp status. I just laugh(bitter laughter).
According to Portable 2023,he said "who go help you,no go stress you"
Thank you🏃‍♂️

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by vickydevoka(m): 9:32am On Mar 07
enambobo:
12 dollars that is not even up to one hour wage for the least worker in the US. Its more like biscuit money. Abeg e no try.
Exactly!!! That's why I prevent any messages from Nigeria. Like hi

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by vickydevoka(m): 9:35am On Mar 07
Anashe:

Entitlement mentality coming from a person who has probably never worked a day in his life. It's the same mentality they have with widows and their husbands' wealth. Feeling entitled is one hell of a drug. He can return the money.
Widows n their husbands wealth is different. He must have written a will. Or if he has a big company the brother will definitely take over while de kids a still growing. But his houses should be for his kids. Unless where he has to many houses, u can give his brothers some.
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Britishpea: 9:38am On Mar 07
madridguy:
Entitlement mentality will kill some people.

What’s entitlement mentality? U people just write without connecting your brains to your fingers!

There are things you don’t give people. If you do, you don’t just disrespect them but you also yourself denigrate yourself and reduce your worth.

How can u call someone and tell him you know about a hardship in a particular place, ask him to send his account details only for you to send $12.8.
After 18 years abroad. If abroad no pay am make he return. Or should we say he helped the guy do the conversion and then say ok 20k is enough for am I don’t get

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by vickydevoka(m): 9:38am On Mar 07
ufotty2001:
I wanted to buy a land over here in Port Harcourt. I had up to 3.5m and I was expecting 2m from my business the following week. I call my brother in USA to help me with N1.5m he refused. So that I can add to the 3.5m to buy the land of NN5m.. Despite that I will pay him back in less than 5days.. he refused. This is blood brother oohh.. a professional nurse that had stayed in US for 25yrs..
God bless your brother. Please send him a thank you message. I gave my cousin 10 million to pay de end of the month until today nothing. Me way better no nonsense guy with no trust, fit comot money give u . I regretted the very day I called him. I will never call any human being on phone again.

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by KingMack(m): 9:40am On Mar 07
Make una calm down... everybody wan jus beat
op neighbor 😂😂

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Ejehhhh: 9:41am On Mar 07
judatech:
America has 50 states...like 5 states big pass Nigeria...
Brother no allow person lie give you...no be every for US pure like that...
He himself...how much him fit give person sef?
Stop this lies only 1 or two American states is bigger than Nigeria

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by fred04(m): 9:41am On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:
A neighbor of mine called me on Saturday and was complaining bitterly about his Bossom friend.

He told me his friend travelled to the US in 2008 and after a few calls they lost contacts. Last week his friend messaged him and said he's aware of the hardship in naija and asked him to send his account details. My neighbor did and after a while he received an alert of 20k. I said wow!.. that's a miracle. but he hushed me and said I should let him finish.

He said immediately he did the conversion it came to 12.8 dollars. He now said after 16 years it 12 Dollar the friend could send to him that that's an insult.
I tried to make him understand the friend may not be doing well over there but he said the guy is doing well that he's weighing the naira value of the money and feels 20k is big money. He said he feels insulted. Me I just carry my two long legs Waka leave my ungrateful neighbor.

Is my neighbor right and did his friend do wrong by sending that kind of amount? 12 Dollars...

To me the friend did not do any wrong but my neighbor feels he could do better.that 12 Dollar is like 1,200 hundred naira to them over there.

Guys what will you do if you were my neighbor?
One of the reasons the rich always avoid the poor.
Entitlement mentality is very very wrong. Please ask your friend how much he is expecting from his friend abroad

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by ppogba: 9:41am On Mar 07
Buy a bottle of Sniper and present it to your neighbor as his Easter gift.

If the story is made up, make use of the sniper yourselves.
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Timoleon(m): 9:42am On Mar 07
DropsMic:

A slowpoke and more.
There’s such thing as disrespect. Sometimes e better make you no give than to disrespect someone.
Everything no be entitlement mentality

Nigerians tire me aswear. Person invite me come him party, e gimme rice, no meat or fish, no spoon tell me make i sidon for floor chop am say after all no be my money e take cook the rice. No be mad disrespect be that? If you no get enough especially as a Nigerian, no invite person come party. Once you do, that person is entitled to be treated with dignity.

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by bigyouth: 9:42am On Mar 07
NEVER LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by blackgold2018(m): 9:42am On Mar 07
Dou I hate ungrateful people. But the US friend is wicked.

Those black people abroad normally weigh dollar value to its naira before they give.

Have you witnessed foreigners gifting money gift to Nigerians? Either they are in abroad or here. They gift you money without weighing the naira value. I have seen a white man gift 100 dollar note to a beggar in lekki.

It's just the heart of a black man. Your friend is not ungrateful but insulted. He was clearly insulted by his abroad friend.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by blackgold2018(m): 9:46am On Mar 07
Britishpea:

What’s entitlement mentality? U people just write without connecting your brains to your fingers!

There are things you don’t give people. If you do, you don’t just disrespect them but you also yourself denigrate yourself and reduce your worth.

How can u call someone and tell him you know about a hardship in a particular place, ask him to send his account details only for you to send $12.8.
After 18 years abroad. If abroad no pay am make he return. Or should we say he helped the guy do the conversion and then say ok 20k is enough for am I don’t get
Dou I hate ungrateful people. But the US friend is wicked.

Those black people abroad normally weigh dollar value to its naira before they give.

Have you witnessed foreigners gifting money gift to Nigerians? Either they are in abroad or here. They gift you money without weighing the naira value. I have seen a white man gift 100 dollar note to a beggar in lekki.

It's just the heart of a black man. Your friend is not ungrateful but insulted. He was clearly insulted by his abroad friend.

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Major7: 9:46am On Mar 07
He's just so unreasonable. What did he invested in the friendship for 16years that warrants such an entitlement feeling Ungrateful lots everywhere
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by RomanGreen: 9:47am On Mar 07
Na entitlement go kill you
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by do4luv14(m): 9:47am On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:
A neighbor of mine called me on Saturday and was complaining bitterly about his Bossom friend.

He told me his friend travelled to the US in 2008 and after a few calls they lost contacts. Last week his friend messaged him and said he's aware of the hardship in naija and asked him to send his account details. My neighbor did and after a while he received an alert of 20k. I said wow!.. that's a miracle. but he hushed me and said I should let him finish.

He said immediately he did the conversion it came to 12.8 dollars. He now said after 16 years it 12 Dollar the friend could send to him that that's an insult.
I tried to make him understand the friend may not be doing well over there but he said the guy is doing well that he's weighing the naira value of the money and feels 20k is big money. He said he feels insulted. Me I just carry my two long legs Waka leave my ungrateful neighbor.

Is my neighbor right and did his friend do wrong by sending that kind of amount? 12 Dollars...

To me the friend did not do any wrong but my neighbor feels he could do better.that 12 Dollar is like 1,200 hundred naira to them over there.

Guys what will you do if you were my neighbor?

Very ungrateful neighbour, Instead of him to look for ways to make that 20k work for him he is complaining,

Tell him to return the money then

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by delishpot: 9:48am On Mar 07
I blame the USA friend. Obviously his naija friend is even doing better than him. He thought what he was hearing about people in naija starving and how if you dash someone #5k now ehn, it's like you have dashed him the world hence he thought it applied to everybody. He don go do good wry Dem no send am. This tupe of good if you do it to a winch, you will I cure curses in place of thank you. Take note o, good doers, it's not everybody you do good for.

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by segyoms: 9:49am On Mar 07
No be everybody wey dey stay US get money but In as much person remember you still comot the money wey in work for send you...I think you should appreciate the friend to even remember you and send money worth a whole lot. No matter the amount!!!

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Major7: 9:49am On Mar 07
Timoleon:
Lol...this is worse than insult. It's better to not send anything than ring someone up after 16 years in the abroad just to send 12$.

Some people will say it's 'entitlement mentality'. But if I see you for road, you dey mind your business I come hala say I know say life hard, take 50 naira go find biscuit chop, before you die for our neck. You go reason better blow for mouth. After all, you no beg me for food or for money. Despite the fact that I just gave you my 'hard earned' money, you'd know in your heart of hearts that I just undermined you.

For 16years, bro has been managing to survive, How would you message him out of the blues to send him 12$. One carton of indomie.

Dude,stop joining the ungrateful wagon, would he not have survived without the 20k? It's just an addition he should be grateful for. God loves a thankful heart

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Single Mothers Are Generally Losers, They Raise Criminals & Sluts - Kenyan Lad / Women Submit TV Remote Control To Men During Family Handover Ceremony / Family Mourns Man Who Died 22 Days After His Wedding

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65