Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy (29669 Views)

US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 18 Years Of Marriage / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Bubu4Sea: 9:08am On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:
A neighbor of mine called me on Saturday and was complaining bitterly about his Bossom friend.

He told me his friend travelled to the US in 2008 and after a few calls they lost contacts. Last week his friend messaged him and said he's aware of the hardship in naija and asked him to send his account details. My neighbor did and after a while he received an alert of 20k. I said wow!.. that's a miracle. but he hushed me and said I should let him finish.

He said immediately he did the conversion it came to 12.8 dollars. He now said after 16 years it 12 Dollar the friend could send to him that that's an insult.
I tried to make him understand the friend may not be doing well over there but he said the guy is doing well that he's weighing the naira value of the money and feels 20k is big money. He said he feels insulted. Me I just carry my two long legs Waka leave my ungrateful neighbor.

Is my neighbor right and did his friend do wrong by sending that kind of amount? 12 Dollars...

To me the friend did not do any wrong but my neighbor feels he could do better.that 12 Dollar is like 1,200 hundred naira to them over there.

Guys what will you do if you were my neighbor?
He does not owe you sh*t.
He has others to give

2 Likes

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by DJayi29: 9:08am On Mar 07
Can you imagine…
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Anguldi(m): 9:09am On Mar 07
judatech:
America has 50 states...like 5 states big pass Nigeria...
Brother no allow person lie give you...no be every for US pure like that...
He himself...how much him fit give person sef?
Texas alone is the size of Nigeria. That country massive

3 Likes

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by tonicyril: 9:09am On Mar 07
How many penny that ur neighbour don dash people??

Fuulish people everywhere
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by uniquetechng: 9:09am On Mar 07
judatech:
America has 50 states...like 5 states big pass Nigeria...
Brother no allow person lie give you...no be every for US pure like that...
He himself...how much him fit give person sef?
Only Texas is bigger than Nigeria, even Chad is 5 times bigger than Nigeria by land mass.

3 Likes

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by hayjayman(m): 9:10am On Mar 07
dont ask money from them, but you wont listen
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by faceland: 9:10am On Mar 07
What did I just read?
😂🤣

1 Like

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by bolabadmus38: 9:11am On Mar 07
Let's learn to appreciated. Some are not doing well over there but feel ashamed to come home. If some comes home they may not be able to go back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by enambobo(m): 9:11am On Mar 07
12 dollars that is not even up to one hour wage for the least worker in the US. Its more like biscuit money. Abeg e no try.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Anashe: 9:12am On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:
A neighbor of mine called me on Saturday and was complaining bitterly about his Bossom friend.

He told me his friend travelled to the US in 2008 and after a few calls they lost contacts. Last week his friend messaged him and said he's aware of the hardship in naija and asked him to send his account details. My neighbor did and after a while he received an alert of 20k. I said wow!.. that's a miracle. but he hushed me and said I should let him finish.

He said immediately he did the conversion it came to 12.8 dollars. He now said after 16 years it 12 Dollar the friend could send to him that that's an insult.
I tried to make him understand the friend may not be doing well over there but he said the guy is doing well that he's weighing the naira value of the money and feels 20k is big money. He said he feels insulted. Me I just carry my two long legs Waka leave my ungrateful neighbor.

Is my neighbor right and did his friend do wrong by sending that kind of amount? 12 Dollars...

To me the friend did not do any wrong but my neighbor feels he could do better.that 12 Dollar is like 1,200 hundred naira to them over there.

Guys what will you do if you were my neighbor?

Entitlement mentality coming from a person who has probably never worked a day in his life. It's the same mentality they have with widows and their husbands' wealth. Feeling entitled is one hell of a drug. He can return the money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by NinjaMetahuman: 9:12am On Mar 07
Timoleon:
Lol...this is worse than insult. It's better to not send anything than ring someone up after 16 years in the abroad just to send 12$.

Some people will say it's 'entitlement mentality'. But if I see you for road, you dey mind your business I come hala say I know say life hard, take 50 naira go find biscuit chop, before you die for our neck. You go reason better blow for mouth. After all, you no beg me for food or for money. Despite the fact that I just gave you my 'hard earned' money, you'd know in your heart of hearts that I just undermined you.

For 16years, bro has been managing to survive, How would you message him out of the blues to send him 12$. One carton of indomie.
Gratitude is the key.

You are not entitled to anybody's money unless they are your parents.

It's free money, if 50 naira is too small for you, you can dash someone else.

What is wrong with people?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Mentcee(m): 9:12am On Mar 07
Timoleon:
Lol...this is worse than insult. It's better to not send anything than ring someone up after 16 years in the abroad just to send 12$.

Some people will say it's 'entitlement mentality'. But if I see you for road, you dey mind your business I come hala say I know say life hard, take 50 naira go find biscuit chop, before you die for our neck. You go reason better blow for mouth. After all, you no beg me for food or for money. Despite the fact that I just gave you my 'hard earned' money, you'd know in your heart of hearts that I just undermined you.

For 16years, bro has been managing to survive, How would you message him out of the blues to send him 12$. One carton of indomie.
Stop speaking very bad English!

What do you mean by "in the abroad" ?

2 Likes

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by fidelmarshal199: 9:13am On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:

Dey calm down your blood too dey hot. grin

Ask the ungrateful neighbour of yours how much she/he has sent to her/his childhood friends in the village since she/he relocated to Lagos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by fredoooooo: 9:14am On Mar 07
The friend shoukd go and work .. why not send money to the poor Americana friend overther

2 Likes

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:14am On Mar 07
Someone dashed you 20k and you are calculating his money for him.

The entitlement in Nigeria is massive.

4 Likes

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by bigdammyj: 9:14am On Mar 07
Reading…
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by omoredia: 9:15am On Mar 07
Sey ur friend na Tinubu wey devalue the naira?
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by seunayantokun(m): 9:15am On Mar 07
Make im manage am like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by DropsMic(m): 9:15am On Mar 07
madridguy:
Entitlement mentality will kill some people.

A slowpoke and more.
There’s such thing as disrespect. Sometimes e better make you no give than to disrespect someone.
Everything no be entitlement mentality

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Timoleon(m): 9:16am On Mar 07
Mentcee:

Stop speaking very bad English!

What do you mean by *in abroad* ?
bad English kill your mama there. Did I tell you I was aiming at 'speaking' good English?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by eepeepook: 9:17am On Mar 07
He’s not ungrateful. The man should send back the $12. I know the tribe the friend is from. Very stingy people.

Meanwhile, my friends in different countries each want to send me $100. I’m rejecting the offer because I’m bigger than such sum. Though, having the money at the moment would alleviate my situation a little, money finishes. I am not a beggar. I was taught to work for money. I’m happy to have them as friends. Material things are unneeded.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by drmikeadams(m): 9:17am On Mar 07
grin I get friend wey be big boy way back, him don go Yankee now.any time I bill am ,him no dey send pass 20k..buh God bless him...baba no dey disappoint any time I ask..God bless him very simple guy

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by sexydebo(m): 9:17am On Mar 07
Take it and thank him.... not much but will sort a bill and since you never begged for it jus use am buy beer and suya....u sef na comrade...

My own cousin in Europe for over 15 years ask me to send aza and he no reply again till today and I dey my own na him say make I send aza oooo...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by TheWinterBird(f): 9:17am On Mar 07
Entitlement mentality
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Lamae: 9:17am On Mar 07
Not that bad
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Realdeals(m): 9:17am On Mar 07
His expectations was hit below the belt, it is an initial reaction. He will reason it and get over it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Yankee101: 9:18am On Mar 07
Don’t let anyone count your money from a distance

2 Likes

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Mom007(f): 9:18am On Mar 07
Yes, your friend is entitled. That guy is not his brother or family relative. An ex neighbour who remembers you... do you know how many people those abroad send 'something ' to every single month? Then he thinks he has any right to complain? He should send it back.

2 Likes

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by StPete: 9:20am On Mar 07
Timoleon:

Your comment is the only reasonable comment I've seen so far. You just spoke my mind.

It is better you even send shoes, or other items than send a paltry $12. Is there any reasonable thing u can buy with $12 in the US apart from food and groceries?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by ufotty2001: 9:20am On Mar 07
I wanted to buy a land over here in Port Harcourt. I had up to 3.5m and I was expecting 2m from my business the following week. I call my brother in USA to help me with N1.5m he refused. So that I can add to the 3.5m to buy the land of NN5m.. Despite that I will pay him back in less than 5days.. he refused. This is blood brother oohh.. a professional nurse that had stayed in US for 25yrs..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by faceland: 9:20am On Mar 07
Your neighbor would vex if tomorrow he heard rumors that: "I use to feed him back in 2024, would send him $12.8k so he go chop"
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by LagosG: 9:23am On Mar 07
At least he has someone who dey sorry for him. Me wey them go leave my message on read...no reply talk less of seeing shishi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society / I Feel Hatred Towards My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.