Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

I Visited The Morgue Unprepared - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Visited The Morgue Unprepared (36419 Views)

63-year-old Woman’s Corpse Disappears From Ondo Morgue / COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) / What You Should Do If You Have Not Visited The Toilet In A While (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by sylve11: 12:39pm On Mar 12
GodHimself:
Dead bodies have been hidden out of sight.

Our ancestors gave birth and died surrounded by family. Death wasn’t something you needed to go somewhere special to see.

Maybe that was why people were more grounded back then.

You're right. cool
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by sylve11: 12:41pm On Mar 12
enemyofprogress:
When next you go there read Psalm 35 and sprinkle some water on her face and body. She will get up and talk to you, but make sure you do this at 12AM, 6AM, 12PM or 6PM.

Huh? cool cool
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by poshestmina(f): 12:41pm On Mar 12
Obierika:

Probably due to lack of space

Oh ,okay.

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Calitoscassius(m): 12:43pm On Mar 12
simplesearch:
The only way out of an uncertain eternity after death is to yield to the love of God by accepting Jesus as your Lord and saviour. After death nothing else matter, as there is no second chance but rather judgement.
yea right! grin judgement by who? And where? And why? How?

No one knows what comes after death! Unless you have met anyone who died that can confirm they faced judgements. Otherwise all are just imaginations. Jesus, eternity, Lord, saviour and God are all imaginations.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Calitoscassius(m): 12:45pm On Mar 12
enemyofprogress:
When next you go there read Psalm 35 and sprinkle some water on her face and body. She will get up and talk to you, but make sure you do this at 12AM, 6AM, 12PM or 6PM.
grin grin grin grin you are right, i ve tried this and it worked.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Fujiyama: 12:47pm On Mar 12
A lot of wisdom on this thread.

6 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Calitoscassius(m): 12:49pm On Mar 12
GodHimself:
Dead bodies have been hidden out of sight.

Our ancestors gave birth and died surrounded by family. Death wasn’t something you needed to go somewhere special to see.

Maybe that was why people were more grounded back then.

Absolutely, that is because people became so comfortable with living they are indenial and afraid of death, hence they hid dead bodies away,

In some countries, graves and cemetries have being demolished to make way for houses that people live in.

7 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by membranus: 12:50pm On Mar 12
Acidosis:

No, actually, I'm a Christian. I used to be indifferent about it until recently when I realised that people even pick new enemies because someone did not post about their birthdays on social media. I understand the concept of celebrating one's life, at least before they die. However, in reality, many people have lost touch with the reality that the more birthdays they celebrate, the closer they are to their grave. All those '+1' posts are actually '-1. It wouldn't be a bad thing at all if we celebrate birthdays by simply counting our blessings and reflecting...though..

I hate birthdays, I detest people celebrating it with me as a special day. It is not a special day, it is just a day for counting my age. It comes, it goes every year, and draws me closer to my grave.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by SporaD8: 12:54pm On Mar 12
drimzsmoke:

This is not true, over time, you will get used to seeing dead people as nothing... You might be eating and the people at the front desk will be shouting doctor, doctor, you will get there, certify the patient dead, go wash your hands and continue with your food. If religious houses can't do shit, morgues won't do shit either!!!
You seem to miss my point - Pride & Corruption!!!

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Kaido: 12:54pm On Mar 12
Focusmind:
Morgue is even extreme - just pay a visit to teaching hospital or federal or state medical centers - you will see how people are dying per hour and been wrapped in white clothes. I was in Isolo General hospital in the accidents and emergency wards, you will continue to hear people wailing and crying and shouting. I had to go outside to the car stand shed to sit down. The sight was just too traumatic for me.
Even nurses don't like being posted to accident and emergency department.

4 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Calitoscassius(m): 12:54pm On Mar 12
Why would a visit to morgue remind you to live your life to the fullest? Did you not know this before?

Not just living life to the fullest be sure to be morally upright, i bet after you left the morgue the next day you scammed your fellow human of their money or lied about something. Bribed the police, told lies against someone or told lies to obtain something even though you knew you lied grin

7 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by bouncin04(m): 12:58pm On Mar 12
zebszebs:

Nonsense.
I struggled to find the point you tried to pass.
I found none.

I think he's trying to tell and remind us how vain and ephemeral life could be in the midst of all the hubris we portray.

4 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by AfroBeatDiary: 12:58pm On Mar 12
JuanXXx:
Somehow, I know spirit are real and the African voodoo and shi. So i'm planning to go there again but this time around be prepared and all that.

While I'd love any suggestions on how to overcome the stench. I want to spend more time there, I have got some question to ask her. Might go there with a camera maybe I'd capture anything unusual.

Don't do this... The attendant will not allow you anyways but all the same, don't. You're a life being in this world, they are Astra being, trying to do anything is a breach of their peace in their world.

So medical practitioners, how does it feels when your patient self delete of any cause.

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 12:59pm On Mar 12
JuanXXx:
Somehow, I know spirit are real and the African voodoo and shi. So i'm planning to go there again but this time around be prepared and all that.

While I'd love any suggestions on how to overcome the stench. I want to spend more time there, I have got some question to ask her. Might go there with a camera maybe I'd capture anything unusual.

So medical practitioners, how does it feels when your patient self delete of any cause.

You shouldn't enter a morgue with camera.
Some of those cadavers lying naked around might be far more important than you imagine.

Besides, it is courteous to respect the privacy of the dead; one slip and a picture of someone's mum or grandfather leaks online and you find yourself enmeshed in a million Naira lawsuit.

Besides, there is usually a spiritual atmosphere hanging around morgues, you could snap finish and come out with your head facing your back.

10 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Omoawoke: 1:01pm On Mar 12
We don’t die, we only change from one form to another. Our body is a vessel we use

5 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by tabaralph: 1:05pm On Mar 12
onadana:
Death is part of living and vice versa.We will all die but not yet.Enjoy.
One of our companies driver was knocked down by a danfo driver along bolade oshodi driving against the traffic 15years ago, the body was taken to ayinke house for embalming, the day we took his corpse to ekpoma was the first and the last day I was a the mortuary ,as the admin manager I had to lead the corpse to his town for burial, on getting to the hospital for collection, my self and two of my staff were asked to come for final identification before closing the coffin,then on our way along the corridor I saw where a mortician opened up the skull of a dead man like opening a calabash in half and he was literally fumbling with the whitish brain 🧠 looking for God know what, I almost fainted, since that day mortuaries are no no for me.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Knsley(m): 1:05pm On Mar 12
That sight will humble you. Life na nothing

3 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Whobedatte(m): 1:05pm On Mar 12
Focusmind:
Morgue is even extreme - just pay a visit to teaching hospital or federal or state medical centers - you will see how people are dying per hour and been wrapped in white clothes. I was in Isolo General hospital in the accidents and emergency wards, you will continue to hear people wailing and crying and shouting. I had to go outside to the car stand shed to sit down. The sight was just too traumatic for me.
The hospital dry nah
Are you sure it's Isolo general hosp
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 1:08pm On Mar 12
airsaylongcome:
The way we embalm with formalin in this country is very horrible. I've seen some really gross embalment done by half assed mortuary attendants (obviously not trained morticians).

Every corpse I've seen in Nigeria is usually as black as coal, sometimes even disfigured.
Makes me wonder how its done overseas that corpses retain their natural colour.

Is there a Nigerian formula to the formalin formulated by our morticians down here?

3 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Archworld(m): 1:08pm On Mar 12
Negroid001:

Had a similar experience. Didn't go to the morgue. We had to bury a friend ourselves, bath for him, buy casket, ropes and even dug the grave. Yo! That's the day i became a man.

My perspective about life took a different direction that day.

I have often tried to know why dead bodies are being bathed before burial. What benefit does a dead man gain from having bath before burial

8 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Austin4lif: 1:10pm On Mar 12
nifemi25:
Early 2023 a cousin of mine was electrocuted by a sars officer at Ibadan. He was accused of been a yahoo boy... He was later dumped at one general hospital at Ibadan, where we later went to retrieve his dead body for proper burial. When we got to the mogue, lots of human dead body were litered around. About 400 corpes and they have all dried .. no matter how your heart is strong once you entered the mogue. You will surely have second thoughts for life
You can still demand for justice
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by delishpot: 1:11pm On Mar 12
Omihanifa:
When I saw Herbert wigwe's body together with his wife and son I was weak. It was inside a carton and placed on the floor. I was just thinking this life is just somehow.
They were not just inside carton. Their bodies were placed inside a biohazard box or casket and boxed up. It's to keep the sanctity of their transportation. Imagine say you enter plane come see 3 coffins with dead body loaded inside that plane with you.
Some people have this belief that it is dangerous to carry a corpse without doing some rituals. Not especially when flying in a plane.That's why the caskets were packaged to keep them discreet.
They were not packed into the carton box like dogs.

10 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Adewale1603(m): 1:16pm On Mar 12
zed7:
Horrible experience. You will repent immediately, you will become humble, until after a while, the human nature comes back and you forget all that you learned.

My first experience, I was traumatised. It's funny how the morgue attendants see corpses as just ordinary.
those people working in the morgue no be normal human being nw, you think they are perfectly normal and they'll be working in such place. It's not done ordinarily. It takes lots of things.

6 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Adewale1603(m): 1:20pm On Mar 12
Ijaya123:

Pls how do SARS electrocute people? Do they carry electricity around?
they were being tortured nw, you no dey watch those American movies, if they are torturing a terrorist or criminal, using those different kinds of tools on them for them to confess and say the truth
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Originality007: 1:23pm On Mar 12
2016 was my first time i will ever enter mortuary, General hospital in Akure. fear grip me, i see dead bodies litter the hall, some are so dry that u will think dey are woods some are still fresh like dey are sleeping. that day my orientation change, that this life is vanity. u come empty and go bk empty.

for wks the picture of what i saw saw keep coming to my head

4 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by tesuto1(m): 1:24pm On Mar 12
Acidosis:

It is one of the reasons I see birthdays differently from how many see it. It's always a sober moment for me. Each birthday you celebrate, you are actually closer to your death. Is the whole funfair necessary? Maybe, but do it with sense and reflection.
whether you celebrate your birthday or not,it does not take away the fact that each birthday brings us closer to our graves. Celebrate life anyway

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by occfx: 1:24pm On Mar 12
JuanXXx:
So someone close to me died and her body was deposited at the morgue and luckily for me, the place is just a few step from my friends place ( I often sleep there).

Got there, I meet the attendant and it was only one guy on duty. I was sho, only you dey manage all dead body here, na boss you be oo.

I was leading the way and he told me to wait outside while he enter first and signal for me to come later.
I sha allow him to lead and wait at the reception with my friend( baba dey fear give excuse).

Few minute, he told me to come and I obliged. Omo corps was littered everywhere. Normal local morgue oo. Formalin was used to persevere all of them and they are all of different size and shape. I knew I was going there to see some cadavers, but when I got there, a different reality was dawn on me. If is should count they should be more than 400. He showed me her body and I told him okay let's go. I spent less than 2 minutes, not because I was afraid but the stench be killing me.
After that incidence, I see life from different perspectives. Like, at the end of the day we all equal. Omo, there is no class or status there. Everyone is equal, naked and laying next each other...

Just try to enjoy life while you are alive, try all your possible best to be happy with/without drug. Spread the happiness, if na joint share am and food or update.

So the freezer thing don cast because of Nepa. Enjoying life with drugs men... Is something else.. But without drugs is another something else. Alcohol Wan finish person in the name of enjoyment. I think everyone came here by accident or incident and will go same way. Nothing to gain nothing to lose. Just feeding the flesh and the spirit should be our goal. Now, how do we raise money before the time... Na him be the agenda

2 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by georgeakins: 1:27pm On Mar 12
Omihanifa:
When I saw Herbert wigwe's body together with his wife and son I was weak. It was inside a carton and placed on the floor. I was just thinking this life is just somehow.

The coffins were wrapped with cartons. That is how they transport corpses by air.

4 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Adewale1603(m): 1:27pm On Mar 12
poshestmina:

Describe it pls,why was the corpse at the back of the door?
he said till now, he doesn't have the words to describe it, so how do you want him to explain or describe it ?
Some things are better left unsaid
Some things involves you experiencing it by yourself

3 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Originality007: 1:27pm On Mar 12
naija4life247:
I no dey see bad things

is not a bad thing, that is best place to learn about life
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by georgeakins: 1:33pm On Mar 12
JuanXXx:
So someone close to me died and her body was deposited at the morgue and luckily for me, the place is just a few step from my friends place ( I often sleep there).

Got there, I meet the attendant and it was only one guy on duty. I was sho, only you dey manage all dead body here, na boss you be oo.

I was leading the way and he told me to wait outside while he enter first and signal for me to come later.
I sha allow him to lead and wait at the reception with my friend( baba dey fear give excuse).

Few minute, he told me to come and I obliged. Omo corps was littered everywhere. Normal local morgue oo. Formalin was used to persevere all of them and they are all of different size and shape. I knew I was going there to see some cadavers, but when I got there, a different reality was dawn on me. If is should count they should be more than 400. He showed me her body and I told him okay let's go. I spent less than 2 minutes, not because I was afraid but the stench be killing me.
After that incidence, I see life from different perspectives. Like, at the end of the day we all equal. Omo, there is no class or status there. Everyone is equal, naked and laying next each other...

Just try to enjoy life while you are alive, try all your possible best to be happy with/without drug. Spread the happiness, if na joint share am and food or update.

Fabricated story!

No way you can view a body deposited in a morgue unless the person who deposited it came with you, and he must come with the documents he signed the day the body was deposited..

And there is no way you can see other bodies deposited

Stop lying to yourself in order to get cheap likes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Aposteli1(m): 1:33pm On Mar 12
That's why is good to enjoy your life while living, extend love to others and have Jesus Christ in order to enjoy your life after death "Eternity" (John 3:16).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus / This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed / Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.