Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp (38179 Views)

Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention / Whatsapp Is About To Stop Working On Windows And Some Android/ios Phones / The End And Death Of Unofficial Whatsapp Has Come (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by Eldavis(m): 4:22pm On Mar 15
creolehunt:

Thrilling features like what?

You do realise what you're using is a clone of another product and that the owners of the original product has every right to be aggrieved?

If the one you're using is so good, why can't the developers give it a proper name and market it as an independent product?

You are right though, no one wants their products to be cloned, but then again the original owners should also investigate why most persons prefer using the modded versions and if possible include some of its features that does not affect the privacy of anyone in the original products. This is common business strategy.

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by KushLyon(m): 4:45pm On Mar 15
sparko1:

The only shocking revelation here's, you are a programmer!

If you are as you said you are and you have attempted to add an app to any of the app stores, this won't look convoluted to you.

I have no interest in grammatical correctness, or the difference between a security procedure and end to end protection.

Try and add one of those app you developed on Apple store or even play store, you will understand how much enforcement they entertain.

Just what I was expecting grin the picture below is called Plus, it's the unofficial version of telegram that is available on playstore. The main reason why unofficial WhatsApp isn't on playstore is because Mark Zuckerberg is a crybaby that doesn't want anybody to touch his toy. Now you say app stores heavily enforce laws, why haven't they done anything to this unofficial telegram which is a whole lot different from the official telegram (it's just like unofficial WhatsApp!)

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by murraylabadie: 6:00pm On Mar 15
Terabox Mod Apk is a modified and enhanced variant of the official TeraBox application. It offers a premium experience by unlocking various features that are typically restricted or limited in the regular version. This mod apk provides users with unlimited storage capacity, an ad-free browsing environment, automatic file backup functionality, and accelerated download speeds.

One of the standout features of this premium mod apk is the ability to store an unlimited number of files, including photographs, documents, videos, and various other types of data, without any storage constraints. This mod apk has been specifically designed to enable users to freely store and manage their large files without any limitations or concerns.
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by Arambetimofeda: 10:09pm On Mar 15
Here is the flash message WhatsApp sent to me. I really don't know if they know or Investigate why people are using the unofficial WhatsApp?
YOU MAY NEED TO CHANGE YOUR PHONE, I HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCE WITH OPPO I WAS USING BEFORE, I WROTE SEVERAL MESSAGES AND THEY REPLIED THST I NEED OFFICIAL WHATSAPP BUT THE MOMENT I CHANGE TO TECHNO UP TILL NOW, I DONT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH WHATSAPP AGAIN
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by Gabangel(m): 4:40am On Mar 16
creolehunt:

Thrilling features like what?

You do realise what you're using is a clone of another product and that the owners of the original product has every right to be aggrieved?

If the one you're using is so good, why can't the developers give it a proper name and market it as an independent product?

Lol. They cant market it independently. It reminds me of the time when an Egyptian made one of the best windows of that time, Windows XP3. It was far superior to any windows that came then, only windows 7 beat it. You are right on the aggrievance issue. But it cannot be marketed independently except they pay, or reach a beneficial agreement. By truth be told, most of these fake whatsapp beat the original hands down o. What they should have done, is review and make their ten times better, which I think they are doing now. With one whatsapp being able to register two lines, communities, channels and the likes. Still...

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by sparko1(m): 7:13am On Mar 16
KushLyon:

Just what I was expecting grin the picture below is called Plus, it's the unofficial version of telegram that is available on playstore. The main reason why unofficial WhatsApp isn't on playstore is because Mark Zuckerberg is a crybaby that doesn't want anybody to touch his toy. Now you say app stores heavily enforce laws, why haven't they done anything to this unofficial telegram which is a whole lot different from the official telegram (it's just like unofficial WhatsApp!)

This just proves you have zero app development experience.

Plus enforces same rule as Telegram, if you are banned on Telegram, you can't use plus, WHAT DOES THAT TELLS YOU.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by JWtriplex(m): 9:00am On Mar 16
[We both know the truth so come off of it. quote author=KushLyon post=128943753]

On the contrary, y'all using the normal WhatsApp are the big time simps who want to monitor the actions of others. You want to know who is online, when last they came online, who viewed your status, who read your messages and didn't reply etc. with gbwhatsapp, once we turn off our online status, we can't see the online status of other people as well. We can't also know who read our messages once we turn off our read receipts, and we also can't see the last seen of others. Now tell me, who is monitoring who? Just open mouth waaaaaaaahhh, dey spew nonsense [/quote]
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by KushLyon(m): 10:19am On Mar 16
sparko1:

This just proves you have zero app development experience.

Plus enforces same rule as Telegram, if you are banned on Telegram, you can't use plus, WHAT DOES THAT TELLS YOU.

If you're banned in Whatsapp, you can't use gbwhatsapp as well....just keep shooting yourself in the foot. Go to playstore and read about plus extra features which is a lot different from Telegram and tell me how what they did is different from what unofficial WhatsApp is doing. In fact to save you the stress, I have dropped the screenshot here. Also, go ask people that have been permanently banned by WhatsApp if they can use unofficial WhatsApp, like I said before, you don't even know anything about all these but you just write anything that makes you sound confident

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by bal4real: 11:14am On Mar 16
KushLyon:

Your first statement is wrong, official WhatsApp has a feature where you can add more than one account. As if that is not enough, you can also make use of WhatsApp business. Right now, I can have up to 4 different WhatsApp accounts on my phone without using the unofficial WhatsApp.

The unofficial WhatsApp also has end-to-end encryption as well as other security features of the official one. Unofficial WhatsApp still runs WhatsApp under the hood, that's why you can chat with a person using the official WhatsApp. If unofficial WhatsApp isn't using the real WhatsApp under the hood, then it won't be possible to message people using official WhatsApp (it's like trying to message a WhatsApp user from telegram).

1. As for your "act as a keylogger", I have been using unofficial WhatsApp for over 6 years and I store my bank details in it, email passwords and a lot of other personal data, never have I experienced any "hacking".

2. This is very wrong because the unofficial WhatsApp doesn't have permission to access information on any other apps, I have checked all of the so called "security privileges" and it's the same permissions Whatsapp asks for, and Android doesn't give access to hiddem permissions (in case you want to tell me the developers can hide these permissions). I'm a developer myself so I have indepth knowledge of these things, you're just saying things you don't even know about

3. Now you're just assuming and making things up

As for your example, it didn't occur to you that the seller is probably working with the scammer and sent him your info? Or that the scammer got your info from somewhere else? But sure, let's blame it on unofficial WhatsApp.

Lastly, why has anybody not called out unofficial WhatsApp if all you're saying is true? They have been in existence for over 7 years, so by now they should have been a widespread cases of all you have accused it of, isn't it?

I like the way you approach the argument/question. In the course of your argument, you are at the same time educating them on the things they did not know b4 now.

Guy, I was one of the users of FMwhatsapp, but recently I got the flash message on my FMwhatsapp asking me to switch to official WhatsApp now. This msg has been popping up on FMwhatsApp for about 2 weeks now. Out of fear of being logged off and blocked by WhatsApp and what some people are saying on this thread concerning the mooded WhatsApp, I switched to the normal WhatsApp, few days ago.

Frankly speaking, the normal WhatsApp is so boring. No exciting features at all. Important information or videos in WhatsApp status you can't download or screenshot. They cluster private chats & group chats together, unlike in mooded WhatsApp. In fact, the normal WhatsApp is rubbish.

Guy, which of the WhatsApp are you using right now, (mooded WhatsApp or the normal one)?

If the mooded WhatsApp, are you still receiving the warning msg from the normal WhatsApp to switch?

Is there any possibility of the normal WhatsApp banning/blocking users who do not adhere to their instruction of switching to the normal WhatsApp?

Lastly, I'm contemplating of switching back to the mooded WhatsApp I'm used to, is there any one you can recommend to me that won't be affected by the normal WhatsApp threat? If possible, the one you are currently using, if any.

Thank you.
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by Psoul(m): 11:20am On Mar 16
airsaylongcome:

Have you ever downloaded a pirated movie? Music? software? Windows for your laptop is it licensed? How about the Microsoft Office suite on it? Licensed? You paid for it? If no, are you aware its a crime?

You're trying so hard to defend your crime.

For all you mentioned, I don't download pirated music or movies. I can only download from genuine sites that can offer the product on free when I may be able to access the paid ones.

For the Microsoft suite, you can still get the free software from their site.
Seems your life is channeled towards illegal stuffs.
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by KushLyon(m): 12:26pm On Mar 16
bal4real:

I like the way you approach the argument/question. In the course of your argument, you are at the same time educating them on the things they did not know b4 now.

Guy, I was one of the users of FMwhatsapp, but recently I got the flash message on my FMwhatsapp asking me to switch to official WhatsApp now. This msg has been popping up on FMwhatsApp for about 2 weeks now. Out of fear of being logged off and blocked by WhatsApp and what some people are saying on this thread concerning the mooded WhatsApp, I switched to the normal WhatsApp, few days ago.

Frankly speaking, the normal WhatsApp is so boring. No exciting features at all. Important information or videos in WhatsApp status you can't download or screenshot. They cluster private chats & group chats together, unlike in mooded WhatsApp. In fact, the normal WhatsApp is rubbish.

Guy, which of the WhatsApp are you using right now, (mooded WhatsApp or the normal one)?

If the mooded WhatsApp, are you still receiving the warning msg from the normal WhatsApp to switch?

Is there any possibility of the normal WhatsApp banning/blocking users who do not adhere to their instruction of switching to the normal WhatsApp?

Lastly, I'm contemplating of switching back to the mooded WhatsApp I'm used to, is there any one you can recommend to me that won't be affected by the normal WhatsApp threat? If possible, the one you are currently using, if any.

Thank you.

WhatsApp logged me out of my fmwhatsapp in February but I found a loophole and got back in. The trick is to use the official WhatsApp linked devices feature. First make sure you're already on the official WhatsApp, then click on the 3 dots in the top right corner (as seen in the picture below). Select linked devices then "link a device". For this to work, you will need 2 phones (or a laptop). I have a laptop, so that's what I used.

2. For the next step, open your Fmwhatsapp but don't log in with a number. Instead, click on a similar 3 dots at the top right corner and you will see something like link a number (i can't remember what it's called). But when you click on it, it will show you a QR code which you will screenshot and send to another device (either another phone or laptop).

3. Go back to the official WhatsApp and after clicking on the "link a device", the QR code scanner will open and you will just scan that screenshot you sent to the other device. That's it, it will log in and you can continue using the Fmwhatsapp while you find a way to freeze the official WhatsApp (my phone came with a freezer).

But the downside is that you will have to always open the official WhatsApp every 2 weeks because if you don't use it after that 2 weeks, they will log you out from Fmwhatsapp and you will have to repeat the process again. I have been using this loophole since last month and they haven't disturbed me since then

StAmbrose1:

Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by KushLyon(m): 12:30pm On Mar 16
Psoul:

For all you mentioned, I don't download pirated music or movies. I can only download from genuine sites that can offer the product on free when I may be able to access the paid ones.

The so-called genuine site you mentioned are also pirating the movie. Why will they offer a paid product for free? And you're here confidently defending it, you're the same as gbwhatsapp users. You look for free products (which are obviously pirated) when the paid ones are there, why not follow the legal way and pay for the product? Mr illegal stuffs undecided

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by airsaylongcome: 12:55pm On Mar 16
Psoul:

Lol! I'm a tech worker and can put together whatever I want from open source offerings. Absolutely have no need to use Microsoft products. Can you tell me where Microsoft gives free licenses for their products? And how you got it from them?
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by biomustry: 2:08pm On Mar 16
mafmag:
Official Whatsapp makes one feel so violated...
Never felt private anymore since they blocked the mods embarassed
Feels like prison

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by Incrediblekutty(m): 2:59pm On Mar 16
004gist:

Clone WhatsApp or moulded WhatsApp gives soo many rooms for flexibility that the original one is trying to catch up with..

So there nothing anyone can do about it. It will keep existing till tomorrow

Okay Bro

Just apply this same energy when government officials decide not to abide by the dictates of the constitution that is not flexible enough to enable their corrupt practices. There's nothing anyone can do about this either, especially with this mindset of a citizen like you

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by chiefoboh1(m): 6:58pm On Mar 16
I have been unable to install a normal WhatsApp since morning with my mtn number, is anyone experiencing same?
Using my both mtn, is not going, always telling unable to send code to dis number,
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by Lina2: 8:08pm On Mar 16
It's so frustrating 😤, I've been trying to login back to fm whatsapp but I couldn't, official WhatsApp is boring. What should I do?

Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by ilevic(m): 10:04pm On Mar 16
fineboynl:
Here is the flash message WhatsApp sent to me. I really don't know if they know or Investigate why people are using the unofficial WhatsApp?

If only makers of gbwhatsapp could just create an application like whatsapp that will have gbwhatsap features but can run parallel with whatsapp
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by ttime(m): 11:08pm On Mar 16
Habayomie:

Download link pls.

htt ps://www.gbwhatsapp.chat/

Remove the space in https for d link to work
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by Tonytonex(m): 10:30am On Mar 17
Dearlord:

Using both.

Forget the update, they only update on their T&C on how to enslave you the more.
very funny at the bolded.
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by U1(m): 11:02am On Mar 17
Hermaphrodite2:
I was logged out from the unofficial Whatsapp this evening. I had to download normal Whatsapp. Gosh! It was so boring

Lucky you. Some were not so lucky to get in again. Outright ban!
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by Psoul(m): 12:38pm On Mar 17
airsaylongcome:

Lol! I'm a tech worker and can put together whatever I want from open source offerings. Absolutely have no need to use Microsoft products. Can you tell me where Microsoft gives free licenses for their products? And how you got it from them?

Bn a tech worker does not overrule one from still in fraudulent. We have many politicians with give resources in fraudulent. You heard of Binance? You know what happened. Having a good job does not stop a fraudulent person from doing that.

So that excuse holds no water rather or makes u more of a culprit. Tech workers are the ones hacking into other ppl's apps to modify it without the consent of the owner.
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by airsaylongcome: 1:44pm On Mar 17
Psoul:

Bn a tech worker does not overrule one from still in fraudulent. We have many politicians with give resources in fraudulent. You heard of Binance? You know what happened. Having a good job does not stop a fraudulent person from doing that.

So that excuse holds no water rather or makes u more of a culprit. Tech workers are the ones hacking into other ppl's apps to modify it without the consent of the owner.

Lol! You waffle too much. You talk about buying your Microsoft licenses for cheap. Provide links to them so I can buy and you are waffling. I use Linux with LibreOffice. Exclusively open source solutions. So unlike you, I don't to steal software by buying "cheap" licenses. I build mine
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by ACURASPEEDO(m): 4:27pm On Mar 17
ttime:
U wont be banned, simply logged out and need to login again. And yes, there's an updated mod version now that bypasses this Whatsapp detection

Abeg I need am. Don't mind dis hypocritical mofos be capping shit.

U use pirated OS on ur computers, download pirated movies, jump queue in banks and fuel stations. Some of dem dey even thief inside exam hall after dem go come online dey form holier than thou.

I USE MODDED APPS AND WILL ALWAYS DO!

U come for me, u no go like d wotoporious collect

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by Evans20: 7:20pm On Mar 17
bal4real:

You mean you were unable to register even with the official WhatsApp, after they disconnected you from the unofficial one?
yes I had to open another account with another phone number
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by Psoul(m): 9:56pm On Mar 17
airsaylongcome:

Lol! You waffle too much. You talk about buying your Microsoft licenses for cheap. Provide links to them so I can buy and you are waffling. I use Linux with LibreOffice. Exclusively open source solutions. So unlike you, I don't to steal software by buying "cheap" licenses. I build mine

Still struggling to defend yourself. Lies need so many lies to make it stand like truth. Bro, just rest. We already know what you're into. The more you talk, the more I diagnose you.
Just keep doing what you're doing till your brain matures to adjust from that path.
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by chigirlangel: 10:08pm On Mar 17
chiefoboh1:
I have been unable to install a normal WhatsApp since morning with my mtn number, is anyone experiencing same?
Using my both mtn, is not going, always telling unable to send code to dis number,

Have you been able to login I'm having the same issue on mtn,none of my mtn numbers are working
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by airsaylongcome: 11:44pm On Mar 17
Psoul:

Still struggling to defend yourself. Lies need so many lies to make it stand like truth. Bro, just rest. We already know what you're into. The more you talk, the more I diagnose you.
Just keep doing what you're doing till your brain matures to adjust from that path.

Simple question, where do you buy Microsoft Windows license and Office license for "cheap". I want to buy. Drop link
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by sleekyme: 12:25am On Mar 18
chigirlangel:

Have you been able to login I'm having the same issue on mtn,none of my mtn numbers are working

Have you been able to resolve yours? I am having same issues with my MTN line as well. Mine was logged out of official WhatsApp on na iPhone. Been trying to register back in but not receiving verification codes embarassed
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by sleekyme: 12:30am On Mar 18
chiefoboh1:

To think that I was even logged out of official WhatsApp on an iPhone baffles the hell out of me. MTN not even helping out sad Uninstalled the app and reinstalled but not receiving verification codes.

Guys, please have I been banned? Abi MTN dey whine? angry
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by chigirlangel: 9:04am On Mar 18
sleekyme:

Have you been able to resolve yours? I am having same issues with my MTN line as well. Mine was logged out of official WhatsApp on na iPhone. Been trying to register back in but not receiving verification codes embarassed

No solution yet
Re: Whatsapp Is Trying Hard To Kill Unofficial Whatsapp by chigirlangel: 9:06am On Mar 18
sleekyme:

To think that I was even logged out of official WhatsApp on an iPhone baffles the hell out of me. MTN not even helping out sad Uninstalled the app and reinstalled but not receiving verification codes.

Guys, please have I been banned? Abi MTN dey whine? angry

It's from mtn ,I tried with new mtn numbers and it was still the same

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features / TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread / Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.