Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away (43709 Views)

How Emotionally Hard Was It To Sell Or Give Them Away? / Police Arrest Man Caught Having Sex With Pet Cat / Man Found Dead In His Bedroom Beside His Python Pet In U.K.(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by STEWpid(f): 7:17pm On Mar 14
Chai..
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Gidah: 7:18pm On Mar 14
Only bird I’ve own as pet is dove, and might say the one I can hold cos of short beak ,I hate bird with long or weird looking beaks ,na like say dem go comot person eye chop.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by israelmao(m): 7:18pm On Mar 14
You bought parrots today and started inserting hand into their cage the same day when they are not yet used to you.Thank God that they didn't get your eye.

14 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Twoclans(f): 7:18pm On Mar 14
How will this kind of parrots talk abeg ?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Ever8090: 7:18pm On Mar 14
Same day you bought parrot same day the parrot want use your finger do barbecue....just dey play awon pet owner...

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Proserpina: 7:19pm On Mar 14

11 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by UrPapa: 7:20pm On Mar 14
Lol. I just thought of getting a parrot yesterday
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by advanceDNA: 7:20pm On Mar 14
EmekaStanley:
grin grin grin

Aboki get parrot?

U are lucky ur finger is till attached...a parrot can snap into pieces a very dried palm kernel with its beak

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by lalabrother: 7:21pm On Mar 14
You'd have to learn to train and tame them. It's a process!!!

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by mikeno: 7:22pm On Mar 14
cutie)
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by PAQ(m): 7:22pm On Mar 14
Lucky you, if it were the grey parrots your finger will be cut off, no joke. They break palm kernels easy with their beaks.

Next time you chose to get a pet try and do extensive research.
The parrots you bought are not the talking breed.
The talking Parrots we have are the Grey larger parrots with red tail feathers.
They take many years to mature and start talking
They also take along time to get used to people before you start think of taking them out of their cages.

Thak God say na Parrot you buy. Go get you wound treated, animals carry all sort of bacteria in their mouth.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by yewit37486: 7:22pm On Mar 14
Blackestjunior:
For this great Tinubulation you still get money to by parrot 🦜
You money na in plural form oo...e go too long like lorry

Hahahaha! cheesy

@ OP, these are the dangers of being 'inspired' by Tiktok, lol.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by greggng: 7:23pm On Mar 14
EmekaStanley:
Lately I have been seeing lots of parrots videos on my fyp on TikTok, especially the talking ones. I found it so cute and amazing.

This afternoon on my way back to the office, I saw a guy selling these parrots, na so I call am, bought the parrots, 2-in-1 for that matter.

Getting to the office, as a new and first time pet owner, I was excited.

I noticed that if I tried to to get close to the parrots via the cage, they turned their backs especially the smaller one.

I didn't know what prompted me to try bringing the birds out from the cage with my hands, one of the birds grabbed my finger with it's beak and bit me real hard.

It gave a cut that bled more than I'll ever imagine.

Long story short, I just told my office assistant to carry the birds to her house. I no do pet owner again.

Imagine if this had bitten any of my kids.

Same day I owned a pet, same day I became petless.

ES

You ought to have spoken to them . They see you as a thief ...start by addressing them.in this manner ...start from.there name ..let's say one of them is Diana and the other jark ...just say Hi dia na and Jack my name is Bola your new owner abd friend . Feel free to enjoy yourselves cos I have a lovely home and food for you . My family will treat you right ...I.love you.....do it twice a day ...they will start seeing u as a friend ...with time become your friend

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Hassanmaye(m): 7:24pm On Mar 14
Martinsmine:
This are local aboki parrot... careless ones
hahahaha bad guy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by daewoorazer(m): 7:25pm On Mar 14
First,
Change your the title from “pet parrot” to “wild parrot”.

Second,
Instinctively, that should be the reaction from any wild caught animal. If you want a pet and you do not have the patience to train the wild ones, you have to exclusively order trained parrots.

If na you, if kidnappers/bandits kidnap you from your neighborhood, would your response be to be their friend and comedian?

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:27pm On Mar 14
EmekaStanley you’re a strange man. You got wild birds today and you expect them to cozy up to you from day one. SMH

Wow!

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:30pm On Mar 14
EmekaStanley:
Lately I have been seeing lots of parrots videos on my fyp on TikTok, especially the talking ones. I found it so cute and amazing.
This afternoon on my way back to the office, I saw a guy selling these parrots, na so I call am, bought the parrots, 2-in-1 for that matter.
I noticed that if I tried to to get close to the parrots via the cage, they turned their backs especially the smaller one.
I didn't know what prompted me to try bringing the birds out from the cage with my hands, one of the birds grabbed my finger with it's beak and bit me real hard.
Long story short, I just told my office assistant to carry the birds to her house. I no do pet owner again.
ES

so you though that this parrot will just be comfortable around you after just 5mins? it will take you months if not years before these birds are comfortable around.
dont you see many people also having pet lions/tigers. if you now got an adult wild lion/tiger as pet, would you also enter their cage and put your hand in their mouth?! lol! not even domesticated pets would do that...it takes time for any animal to trust you.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by CHIOMAEZEH: 7:30pm On Mar 14
You wan compare Oyibo parrot with Boko haram parrot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQnm3bPzN1E

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Countersam(m): 7:31pm On Mar 14
EmekaStanley:

ES

You should have exercised more patience with them. Every new pet would need some time to know it's new owner and of course they will definitely come through especially if you strictly feed them yourself they must get to know the boss.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Shalommy(f): 7:32pm On Mar 14
Nokio2:
Why u do so now
U for give that nairaland owl fryer
By now we for know weda Parrot is red meat or not
Give ur assistant money for ground nut o
Make dem no later go feed am leftover EBA or akpu parrot go begin yarn local dialect
cheesy cheesy cheesy Chaii...
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by nickyvil: 7:33pm On Mar 14
They do and are very intelligent too but not like African grey parrot, they mimick words too and this is Senegalese parrot.

adisabarber:

The parrots don't know you yet so they will attack you.

NB: These parrots cannot "talk"
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Goalnaldo(m): 7:33pm On Mar 14
You are lucky that the only things you lost are blood and a few tissue. Maybe if they had stayed longer with you, you would have turned to "One eyed Sunday" 😁 imagine person carry him money go buy problem.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by sunsweet33: 7:33pm On Mar 14
Awn. Did you try browsing Google for animals behaviours? Maybe they were anxious or hormonal.

I love animals but I can’t cope with their dirtiness. I will keep watching them on tiktok for now.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Majesty7: 7:34pm On Mar 14
EmekaStanley:

ES

These are no parrots. Own one like that... Fed that thing for close to two years. It didn't grow much and didn't knew it's surrounding. Came back one day and my wife had let it out. Felt a bit relieved.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Jagznation(m): 7:34pm On Mar 14
If no be dog ,I no do

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by nickyvil: 7:38pm On Mar 14
You made a mistake, First you don't try to touch or take them out of the cage cos your still a stranger(they see you as a predator and threat). They are very intelligent and you need to get familiar with them for some weeks. By getting close to the cage everyday, give them food and water , after a week you can gentle open the gate, get you hand close but don't touch, you watch their body language and once they are comfortable with you, you will know cos they will be listening to you and your family talking and you will see the excitement in them, they will come to your hand by themself not you forcing yourself on them.

EmekaStanley:

ES

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by brainhgeek(m): 7:40pm On Mar 14
sleek214:
I prefer the grey parrot with red tail. They are bigger, finer and learn faster
One of the most intelligent animals. The African grey parrots

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Scarletjr(m): 7:40pm On Mar 14
Na small small he go know ur face

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by judatech: 7:43pm On Mar 14
Why cage birds?
Everything man loves he kills.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by nickyvil: 7:43pm On Mar 14
They mimick/talk too

PAQ:
Lucky you, if it were the grey parrots your finger will be cut off, no joke. They break palm kernels easy with their beaks.

Next time you chose to get a pet try and do extensive research.
The parrots you bought are not the talking breed.
The talking Parrots we have are the Grey larger parrots with red tail feathers.
They take many years to mature and start talking
They also take along time to get used to people before you start think of taking them out of their cages.

Thak God say na Parrot you buy. Go get you wound treated, animals carry all sort of bacteria in their mouth.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by wunmi590(m): 7:45pm On Mar 14

It is normal for any new pet to behave like that to their new owner, you should know that these parrot 🦜 have been in a lot of stress, birds 🐦 that jav3 been paraded in all the streets with this very hot son..

You shouldn't have given them out immediately, you should have just observed them for like a month of intense playful gesture towards them, they will surely get used to you, once they discovered that you are their new owner and you feed them daily..
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by UrPapa: 7:46pm On Mar 14
Does anyone have cockatiels for sale

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) / I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) / What Breed Is This Dog, Pls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.