Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,935 members, 7,814,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away (43716 Views)

How Emotionally Hard Was It To Sell Or Give Them Away? / Police Arrest Man Caught Having Sex With Pet Cat / Man Found Dead In His Bedroom Beside His Python Pet In U.K.(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Adebowalay(m): 12:37am On Mar 15
TRACE YOUR ROOTS, maybe you're related to Kanayo o Kanayo, Nnayin Sacrifice...your hands are not clean...

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Authoreety: 12:42am On Mar 15
Blackestjunior:
For this great Tinubulation you still get money to by parrot 🦜
You money na in plural form oo...e go too long like lorry

My dear friend, pls teach me how to hype
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by abbeyfel: 1:04am On Mar 15
Parrots are highly intelligent bird specie. They need to know you and get comfortable with you first as their owner before you trying to touch them.

It's obvious you just bought them for the sake of buying and not out of love for pets. S dog would have done same. It's was just an act of defense.

You obviously don't even intend to want to learn how to live with the birds. Why buy in the first place? How can they bite your kids if they remain in their cage
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by purples25(f): 1:18am On Mar 15
When I was younger I got two of these. Had them for some years but they didn't like me. One day I tried to touch one of them and it held my finger in its beak for almost half an hour, before freeing me. That was painful and scary because I was aware that it could have decided to break my finger, and it felt like my finger being firmly held between two tiny sharp points. The rest of the house promptly ignored me because I had been disturbing the parrots too much and needed a lesson, lol.

I was told they charm these birds and sell them. I think they sell the ones that can't even talk, usually the green parrots. Meanwhile people are excited to get them, believing wrongly that all parrots can learn to talk.

One of my two parrots flew away, the other one got depressed/lonely and nearly died, we bought a new one as a mate. A snake came in and tried to eat them once and I ran for my life (snake was killed) but later on they escaped. Well, they weren't happy in captivity so I hope they thrived in the wild.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by DavidEsq(m): 1:34am On Mar 15
longetivity:
They thought you are a bandit that just kidnapped them. grin
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Came4amod: 3:25am On Mar 15
EmekaStanley:
Lately I have been seeing lots of parrots videos on my fyp on TikTok, especially the talking ones. I found it so cute and amazing.

This afternoon on my way back to the office, I saw a guy selling these parrots, na so I call am, bought the parrots, 2-in-1 for that matter.

Getting to the office, as a new and first time pet owner, I was excited.

I noticed that if I tried to to get close to the parrots via the cage, they turned their backs especially the smaller one.

I didn't know what prompted me to try bringing the birds out from the cage with my hands, one of the birds grabbed my finger with it's beak and bit me real hard.

It gave a cut that bled more than I'll ever imagine.

Long story short, I just told my office assistant to carry the birds to her house. I no do pet owner again.

Imagine if this had bitten any of my kids.

Same day I owned a pet, same day I became petless.

ES
U knew nothing about parrots and bought a 4-5 years old parrot ... can you buy a 4-5 years old dog and carry it home .. they are even smarter than dogs .. so next time do ur research and buy only young animals lol 😂

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by HRMK: 3:39am On Mar 15
CONGRATULATIONS!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Ravenna: 5:25am On Mar 15
greggng:

You ought to have spoken to them . They see you as a thief ...start by addressing them.in this manner ...start from.there name ..let's say one of them is Diana and the other jark ...just say Hi dia na and Jack my name is Bola your new owner abd friend . Feel free to enjoy yourselves cos I have a lovely home and food for you . My family will treat you right ...I.love you.....do it twice a day ...they will start seeing u as a friend ...with time become your friend

Oga Greg, you still deal cars?
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by FinidiGeorge: 5:45am On Mar 15
EmekaStanley:
grin grin grin

Aboki get parrot?
How much did you buy the two?
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by BRATISLAVA: 6:21am On Mar 15
How you just assumed it's a pet is amazing.

These are unsocialized yellow vented Senegalese parrots. Noisy and smelly birds.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by yommen: 6:28am On Mar 15
NoSmoking:
U are very impatient...

My thoughts too. At least, try to show love to them first and get used to them.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Exceed15: 7:05am On Mar 15
C'mon you are still stranger to them.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Rejoice28(f): 7:35am On Mar 15
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Stargurl20(f): 7:38am On Mar 15
EmekaStanley:
Lately I have been seeing lots of parrots videos on my fyp on TikTok, especially the talking ones. I found it so cute and amazing.

This afternoon on my way back to the office, I saw a guy selling these parrots, na so I call am, bought the parrots, 2-in-1 for that matter.

I noticed that if I tried to to get close to the parrots via the cage, they turned their backs especially the smaller one.

I didn't know what prompted me to try bringing the birds out from the cage with my hands, one of the birds grabbed my finger with it's beak and bit me real hard.

Long story short, I just told my office assistant to carry the birds to her house. I no do pet owner again.

ES

😂 It's the last sentence for me
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by themanderon: 7:49am On Mar 15
African parrots. grin grin grin
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by greggng: 8:11am On Mar 15
Ravenna:

Oga Greg, you still deal cars?

Yes o

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Powersurge: 8:17am On Mar 15
EmekaStanley:

ES

Small challenge wey u face, you don give up. No be your mate get snake as pet grin
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Anijay1212(m): 8:40am On Mar 15
Rexymania:
You should have starved them... They won't turn their back on you again
grin grin grin
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Psoul(m): 8:53am On Mar 15
EmekaStanley:

ES

Large parrots have sharp, curved beaks that can crush nuts and they can cause great damages to your skin and even bones. You don't go too close unless they're used to u.

Secondly, you can't be a good pet owner. Good pet owners are very patient. You bought an untrained parrot from a roadside seller and you expect the bird to start having conversations with you immediately. Are you normal?

You need to start feeding the birds first for them to recognize you as their new owner. For now, the birds saw you as a thief who stole them from the master. That was why they attacked you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by webincomeplus(m): 9:31am On Mar 15
Kingbuhari:
Make sure you go for parrot anti rabbies injection before you start barking like parrots

Your office boy below grin
Parrots cannot carry or spread rabies. They are not mammals.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by iamtardey: 10:09am On Mar 15
NoSmoking:
U are very impatient...
fr he is these are animals for Gods sake you just met them beside these particular ones are a bit aggressive and takes time to talk sef really… you for just ni suuru say you really want am

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Ravenna: 10:46am On Mar 15
greggng:

Yes o
You get 2010 Accord? I want to upgrade from my 2007 Accord
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by danzaki63: 11:58am On Mar 15
Can you start playing with Rothweillers same day you bought them? you should have waited to get familiarised with them. you think say na one night stand Olosho?
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by annlopez: 1:33pm On Mar 15
Senegalese parrots require gentle socialization, patience, and respect for boundaries. They thrive on attention, training, and a balanced diet I often buy for mine pet medication without prescription (its could be vitamins or some pills that my parrot need). Proper care prevents behavioral issues and strengthens the bond with their human companions.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by franco3075q(m): 1:35pm On Mar 15
sirblend:
Let us see the bleeding fingers or you are lying...
So funny
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Kavod: 3:55pm On Mar 15
EmekaStanley:
grin grin grin

Aboki get parrot?
YES OOO. I MADE THE SAME MISTAKE TOO... I GOT TO FIND OUT THAT THERE ARE WILD AND DOMESTIC ONE'S WITH VARIOUS SPECIES... JUST LIKE DOGS HAVE DIFFERENT BREED SO THEY DO TOO. MINE WAS 10K FOR BOTH MALE/FEMALE PLUS CAGE TOO...... IF THE MALE WANTS TO MATE AND THE FEMALE IS NOT IN THE MOOD... IT WOULD ATTACK HER VISCOUSLY, NA TO I TURN REFEREE TILL IT GOT TO A TIME I WAS FED UP, THE MALE KILLED THE FEMALE.,... IT USED HIS BEAK TO CRACK OPEN HER SKULL AND ATE THE BRAIN... I VEX CARRY AM GIVE MY DOGS MAKE THEM KILL....
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by EmekaStanley: 4:35pm On Mar 15
Kavod:

YES OOO. I MADE THE SAME MISTAKE TOO... I GOT TO FIND OUT THAT THERE ARE WILD AND DOMESTIC ONE'S WITH VARIOUS SPECIES... JUST LIKE DOGS HAVE DIFFERENT BREED SO THEY DO TOO. MINE WAS 10K FOR BOTH MALE/FEMALE PLUS CAGE TOO...... IF THE MALE WANTS TO MATE AND THE FEMALE IS NOT IN THE MOOD... IT WOULD ATTACK HER VISCOUSLY, NA TO I TURN REFEREE TILL IT GOT TO A TIME I WAS FED UP, THE MALE KILLED THE FEMALE.,... IT USED HIS BEAK TO CRACK OPEN HER SKULL AND ATE THE BRAIN... I VEX CARRY AM GIVE MY DOGS MAKE THEM KILL....
shocked shocked shocked

This is unbelievable
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Kingbuhari(m): 6:11pm On Mar 15
webincomeplus:

Parrots cannot carry or spread rabies. They are not mammals.
don't say I didn't warn you enough
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by webincomeplus(m): 6:31pm On Mar 15
Kingbuhari:
don't say I didn't warn you enough
You don't issue warnings based on ignorance. I challenge you to provide a single proof that parrots carry and transmit rabies. Read up on rabies, and stop spreading bullshit.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by West501(m): 6:35pm On Mar 15
Martinsmine:
This are local aboki parrot... careless ones

🤣🤣🤣
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Kingbuhari(m): 9:50pm On Mar 15
webincomeplus:

You don't issue warnings based on ignorance. I challenge you to provide a single proof that parrots carry and transmit rabies. Read up on rabies, and stop spreading bullshit.
u are already acting like someone infected with rabies... Animals like parrots can transmit rebies if they bite u..
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by webincomeplus(m): 10:39pm On Mar 15
Kingbuhari:
u are already acting like someone infected with rabies... Animals like parrots can transmit rebies if they bite u..
Don't use any dodging tactics, just provide your evidence. Give me just a link on the whole internet to prove your claim (that parrots can carry or transmit rabies). If you can't then you're certainly sick in the head. You think Nairaland is a place for beer parlour lies?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) / What Breed Is This Dog, Pls? / Kano State Dog Walk(first Time Ever)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.