Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,918 members, 7,814,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away (43714 Views)

How Emotionally Hard Was It To Sell Or Give Them Away? / Police Arrest Man Caught Having Sex With Pet Cat / Man Found Dead In His Bedroom Beside His Python Pet In U.K.(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by stanvesco(m): 11:02pm On Mar 15
EmekaStanley:
Lately I have been seeing lots of parrots videos on my fyp on TikTok, especially the talking ones. I found it so cute and amazing.

This afternoon on my way back to the office, I saw a guy selling these parrots, na so I call am, bought the parrots, 2-in-1 for that matter.

Getting to the office, as a new and first time pet owner, I was excited.

I noticed that if I tried to to get close to the parrots via the cage, they turned their backs especially the smaller one.

I didn't know what prompted me to try bringing the birds out from the cage with my hands, one of the birds grabbed my finger with it's beak and bit me real hard.

It gave a cut that bled more than I'll ever imagine.

Long story short, I just told my office assistant to carry the birds to her house. I no do pet owner again.

Imagine if this had bitten any of my kids.

Same day I owned a pet, same day I became petless.

ES

Do you like being caressed on the first day of a relationship?

Wouldn't you have felt violated if your privates were fondled by a total stranger?

Why handle a pet on its first day?

If you were the pet owner; would you have felt happy seeing a total stranger playing with your pet?
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by tianshie(m): 11:28pm On Mar 15
stanvesco:

Do you like being caressed on the first day of a relationship?

Wouldn't you have felt violated if your privates were fondled by a total stranger?

Why handle a pet on its first day?

If you were the pet owner; would you have felt happy seeing a total stranger playing with your pet?

My friend recently returned from Bangui, CAR, last week, to attend his mother’s funeral (she was struck by lightning), only to be told he had to make a life pact with a crocodile, just like his mother did, before he could bury his mother. According to him, when his mother was a child, a bottle of blood was drawn from her left arm, and left limb of a captured crocodile, mixed together with some ritual herbs, and ritual stones, then fed to his mother and the crocodile.
The crocodile was released back into the wild. It is a longevity ritual, according to him. The human will live as long as the crocodile.
He said in his village---he is Igbo---they believe that crocodiles in the wild live to be around 100 years. If anything happens to the crocodile, the human feels it. The human can never die unless the crocodile dies. His mother was 63, and would have been 64 this year. They think the crocodile was also struck by lightning and that’s why his mother was struck by lightning too.
He does not want to do this ritual, because he does not believe in it. Why would anyone put their life in the hands of an animal which a hunter can kill any time?
The elders say his mother cannot be buried unless he does the ritual, to continue the omenala in his family. His father is late.
Is anyone familiar with this ritual? What can he do to get out of it? He wants to fly out but does not want to leave his mum unburied. Help!!!
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Kingbuhari(m): 11:30pm On Mar 15
webincomeplus:

Don't use any dodging tactics, just provide your evidence. Give me just a link on the whole internet to prove your claim (that parrots can carry or transmit rabies). If you can't then you're certainly sick in the head. You think Nairaland is a place for beer parlour lies?
go and Google about Psittacosis then come back so we can have some words
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by stanvesco(m): 11:38pm On Mar 15
tianshie:

My friend recently returned from Bangui, CAR, last week, to attend his mother’s funeral (she was struck by lightning), only to be told he had to make a life pact with a crocodile, just like his mother did, before he could bury his mother. According to him, when his mother was a child, a bottle of blood was drawn from her left arm, and left limb of a captured crocodile, mixed together with some ritual herbs, and ritual stones, then fed to his mother and the crocodile.
The crocodile was released back into the wild. It is a longevity ritual, according to him. The human will live as long as the crocodile.
He said in his village---he is Igbo---they believe that crocodiles in the wild live to be around 100 years. If anything happens to the crocodile, the human feels it. The human can never die unless the crocodile dies. His mother was 63, and would have been 64 this year. They think the crocodile was also struck by lightning and that’s why his mother was struck by lightning too.
He does not want to do this ritual, because he does not believe in it. Why would anyone put their life in the hands of an animal which a hunter can kill any time?
The elders say his mother cannot be buried unless he does the ritual, to continue the omenala in his family. His father is late.
Is anyone familiar with this ritual? What can he do to get out of it? He wants to fly out but does not want to leave his mum unburied. Help!!!

Police is his friend
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by stanvesco(m): 11:40pm On Mar 15
tianshie:

On a second thought, blood meal is completely healthy. He can see it as a blood meal.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by webincomeplus(m): 5:52am On Mar 16
Kingbuhari:
go and Google about Psittacosis then come back so we can have some words
Don’t shift the goalpost. You clearly said "rabies". Don't bring up something else now. Swallow your pride and admit that you goofed. Parrots don't carry or transmit rabies. Get that into your stubborn, ignorant skull!
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by iLegendd(m): 6:49am On Mar 16
SuperOnyi:

shocked

Some of your posts make me want to cry because I've really learned a lot from you plus all these ideas that keeps popping up but the frustration is overwhelming.

I just saw this post at this particular moment that I'm looking for a way to monetize the hardship I'm currently battling so I don't have to go back to doing monkey dey work, baboon dey chop jobs to raise money for some emergency necessities.
God will see you through and you'll smile at last. It's a guarantee as long as you don't give up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by SuperOnyi: 10:05am On Mar 16
iLegendd:
God will see you through and you'll smile at last. It's a guarantee as long as you don't give up.

shocked

Thanks a lot, boss. This means a lot to me.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Kingbuhari(m): 12:02pm On Mar 16
webincomeplus:

Don’t shift the goalpost. You clearly said "rabies". Don't bring up something else now. Swallow your pride and admit that you goofed. Parrots don't carry or transmit rabies. Get that into your stubborn, ignorant skull!
you are stuuuuuuuupid not to go check it out.. seems like the zombie disease 🦟 from that evil parrots dont dey affect u small small shocked
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Martinsmine(m): 4:40pm On Mar 18
Hassanmaye:
hahahaha bad guy

Brotherly I no lie na

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Subonbon(m): 1:14pm On Mar 21
EmekaStanley:
grin grin grin

Aboki get parrot?
which one be aboki get parrot..... grin grin grin grin grin na mumu parrot na
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Change4dbeta: 4:55pm On Mar 21
adisabarber:

The parrots don't know you yet so they will attack you.

NB: These parrots cannot "talk"
Says who? You are not correct.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by productsrules(m): 10:56pm On Apr 10
Headen Fortunes In Cassava Tuber

Do you know that you can turn cassava tuber to industrial liquid laundry starch and make fortunes.
With little capital in your hand and little space in your kitchen, you can successfully produce liquid laundry starch from cassava tuber with high quality standard that will be of high demand in the market, I mean the kind of liquid laundry starch that people will beg you with money to buy from you, yes they will beg to buy from you.

Presently I can't even meet up with demand, why because this product is hot cake for dry cleaning outfit they can't do without it, they will have to apply liquid laundry starch to every washed fabric for further customer patronage and I bet you, only few knows about the original recipe for this unique product. [Liquid laundry starch].

Engaging yourself in production of liquid laundry starch will give you fortune,
It will give you %100 return on investment, I mean if you invested just 20,000. your profit after all expenses will equate to 20,000.You can position yourself to be one major producer of this unique liquid laundry starch creat fortune for yourself.

If you care to know more, chat me up through (zero eight zero six four six five four one one six) for details.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by JikanBaura(m): 5:01pm On Apr 19
How much does it cost in Nigeria?

sleek214:
I prefer the grey parrot with red tail. They are bigger, finer and learn faster
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by JikanBaura(m): 5:02pm On Apr 19
You didn't tell us the price

EmekaStanley:
Lately I have been seeing lots of parrots videos on my fyp on TikTok, especially the talking ones. I found it so cute and amazing.

This afternoon on my way back to the office, I saw a guy selling these parrots, na so I call am, bought the parrots, 2-in-1 for that matter.

Getting to the office, as a new and first time pet owner, I was excited.

I noticed that if I tried to to get close to the parrots via the cage, they turned their backs especially the smaller one.

I didn't know what prompted me to try bringing the birds out from the cage with my hands, one of the birds grabbed my finger with it's beak and bit me real hard.

It gave a cut that bled more than I'll ever imagine.

Long story short, I just told my office assistant to carry the birds to her house. I no do pet owner again.

Imagine if this had bitten any of my kids.

Same day I owned a pet, same day I became petless.

ES

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) / What Breed Is This Dog, Pls? / Kano State Dog Walk(first Time Ever)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.