Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away (43717 Views)

How Emotionally Hard Was It To Sell Or Give Them Away? / Police Arrest Man Caught Having Sex With Pet Cat / Man Found Dead In His Bedroom Beside His Python Pet In U.K.(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by nickyvil: 8:33pm On Mar 14
Recardo:

Sis, you don't keep two parrots in a cage. All this your grammar sef, have you ever own a pair of parrots before?

I have own more than a pair and I do incubate not only their egg but raise , cos of busy schedule I pend it for now. This is my incubator.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Recardo(m): 8:36pm On Mar 14
nickyvil:

I have own more than a pair and I do incubate not only their egg but raise , cos of busy schedule I pend it for now. This is my incubator.

Then you know i'm right. Keep two parrots in a cage and see what happens after a week. One will starve the other to death. No matter how you want to train them to be social, one will always deprive the other of resources in one cage. I knew that bitterly after my loss.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by idonhammer: 8:37pm On Mar 14
Even a human being will.not feel anything for you on a first day. You just wasted the parrots
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by toprealman: 8:38pm On Mar 14
EmekaStanley:
Lately I have been seeing lots of parrots videos on my fyp on TikTok, especially the talking ones. I found it so cute and amazing.

This afternoon on my way back to the office, I saw a guy selling these parrots, na so I call am, bought the parrots, 2-in-1 for that matter.

Getting to the office, as a new and first time pet owner, I was excited.

I noticed that if I tried to to get close to the parrots via the cage, they turned their backs especially the smaller one.

I didn't know what prompted me to try bringing the birds out from the cage with my hands, one of the birds grabbed my finger with it's beak and bit me real hard.

It gave a cut that bled more than I'll ever imagine.

Long story short, I just told my office assistant to carry the birds to her house. I no do pet owner again.

Imagine if this had bitten any of my kids.

Same day I owned a pet, same day I became petless.

ES
You should have done a bit of research. They still don’t know you. It takes time.
Did you grab the mother of your kids the first day you met her? Are you not “grabbing “ her uppandan now?
These things need time. …and be patient too. Parrot are fun birds.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Tayorshd87: 8:40pm On Mar 14
sirblend:
Let us see the bleeding fingers or you are lying...

I was thinking the same too

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by nickyvil: 8:43pm On Mar 14
Recardo:

Then you know i'm right. Keep two parrots in a cage and see what happens after a week. One will starve the other to death. No matter how you want to train them to be social, one will always deprive the other of resources in one cage. I knew that bitterly after my loss.

It's not true. Now let me explain something to you, parrot love to cuddle, bond, social life and they hardly get bored if they are more than one. Pair is very good for them cos it kills boresomeness in them. So many people just have parrot, put just mellet there, Parrot love to explore, you put toys there with them, give them variety of fruit and beans are good for them too but make it half done so that it can kill the acidic in it. Thrown apple them, i put tangle ropes there for them to have fun and bond. With this they are best buddies.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Retmis: 8:56pm On Mar 14
How about a rabbit. Who has one pls.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by PAQ(m): 8:57pm On Mar 14
nickyvil:
They mimick/talk too

These ones? Didnt know that. Have any idea what breed they are
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Emdebby2: 8:59pm On Mar 14
It's their first time with you. You should have given them few days to get used to their new owner.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by nickyvil: 9:02pm On Mar 14
PAQ:

These ones? Didnt know that. Have any idea what breed they are

Senegalese
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Obierika(m): 9:09pm On Mar 14
HateBigots:
grin... you are not serious and very impatient. You want a pet of one day to love you immediately ... Please don't adopt a human child.

grin
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by SeriouslySense(m): 9:13pm On Mar 14
The parrots have emotions of a child, so it wont love you just like that
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by lanre4411(m): 9:38pm On Mar 14
Dshocker:
Parrot can nearly bite off your finger, if you attempt to pick them up.
I remembered December 2023 my Naibour parrot came out of the cage so I was asked to help them pick it when I see the action of that parrot 🦜 I fear, the tongue make my fear them I eventually used a stick to marshal it into the cage after a long shakara

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by DJInfluence: 9:58pm On Mar 14
Good for you. Because you lack the patience to even have a pet. Though the biting was unfortunate, but you have to give yourself and the parrots time to acclimatise to each other. You don't know what they have been thru. You could've learn from their behaviour and try to modify their behaviour in the process.
Please next time before getting any pet, try to know more about the animal and the race you are getting. It will better prepare you for any eventualities.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Xkale1996(m): 10:01pm On Mar 14
Martinsmine:
This are local aboki parrot... careless ones
you see how foolish you're
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by tuzle(m): 10:12pm On Mar 14
sleek214:
I prefer the grey parrot with red tail. They are bigger, finer and learn faster
but that doesn't mean they won't bite u if u put ur hand near their mouth. My uncle has a this type and it is only when it knows u it will allow u near it's mouth or around it
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Kennyswag: 10:34pm On Mar 14
Apart from dog, nothing concern me and any other animal again
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Imma624(m): 10:36pm On Mar 14
In a nutshell, you are parrotless 🏃🏃
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Sholaco: 10:43pm On Mar 14
They shit is much oooo cheesy
Not even up to a day, everywhere is covered with poo
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Dzzzz: 10:51pm On Mar 14
E for bite your finger comot..You buy grown up parrot you put finger Wetin you dey try tell am?..
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by MrBONE2(m): 11:02pm On Mar 14
longetivity:
They thought you are a bandit that just kidnapped them. grin

Then that serves da damn Bwana right grin

Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Kingbuhari(m): 11:11pm On Mar 14
salem1996:

That would be evil very very evil grin grin grin grin
nah probably wey chop belle full dey keep pet
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Omoawoke: 11:13pm On Mar 14
Rexymania:
You should have starved them... They won't turn their back on you again

You are a wicked soul
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Lacash: 11:29pm On Mar 14
EmekaStanley:
Lately I have been seeing lots of parrots videos on my fyp on TikTok, especially the talking ones. I found it so cute and amazing.

This afternoon on my way back to the office, I saw a guy selling these parrots, na so I call am, bought the parrots, 2-in-1 for that matter.

I noticed that if I tried to to get close to the parrots via the cage, they turned their backs especially the smaller one.

I didn't know what prompted me to try bringing the birds out from the cage with my hands, one of the birds grabbed my finger with it's beak and bit me real hard.

Long story short, I just told my office assistant to carry the birds to her house. I no do pet owner again.

ES
Maybe they’ve already perceived u as a Fulani Herdsman😀
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by WhereMyLoud: 11:38pm On Mar 14
Babangidapikin:
Biting you is normal, even chicken would, how much more bird .. moreover you are still a stranger.

See me dey mumu myself all these years dey think say chicken na bird.. 🥴🥴🥴🥴
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Martinsmine(m): 11:45pm On Mar 14
EmekaStanley:
grin grin grin

Aboki get parrot?

Themain parrot can call a name... very funny and friendly.. not this ones
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Martinsmine(m): 11:47pm On Mar 14
Xkale1996:
you see how foolish you're
you ase stupid also
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by VHILL: 11:56pm On Mar 14
EmekaStanley:

YOU GO BUY JUJU

ES
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by VHILL: 11:56pm On Mar 14
EmekaStanley:

YOU GO BUY JUJU
ES
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by SuperOnyi: 12:24am On Mar 15
iLegendd:

You should've used them to create Tiktok/YouTube contents. They get millions of views. When you were buying, you should've recorded. The first time you went to play with them record. By now we would've been watching the video of the bite and laughing in exchange fo views and money.

shocked

Some of your posts make me want to cry because I've really learned a lot from you plus all these ideas that keeps popping up but the frustration is overwhelming.

I just saw this post at this particular moment that I'm looking for a way to monetize the hardship I'm currently battling so I don't have to go back to doing monkey dey work, baboon dey chop jobs to raise money for some emergency necessities.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by Pastorjohn2: 12:27am On Mar 15
EmekaStanley:

ES
First thing i must say is these are some ugly parrots. Nothing cute about them at all, Secondly why not buy them trained or as chicks? You just bought random adult birds with no training from a guy on the street? Poor decision making.
Re: My Experience With Pet Parrots I Bought Today But Had To Give Them Away by 3kay945(m): 12:34am On Mar 15
When I drove past ijegun yesterday evening, I saw a man carrying two parrots. OP was that you?

Thank God I didn't buy this bird few years ago when I saw it in traffic along lasu Road. I am sure my wife would have killed it by now. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) / What Breed Is This Dog, Pls? / Kano State Dog Walk(first Time Ever)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.