Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos (33751 Views)

Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today / Lady Shares Her Experience At The ATM Which Had More Than 20 Guys / Ndubuisi Emenike, Millionaire Disguises As Beggar In A Market In Imo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by nedekid: 2:37pm On Mar 19
gbaskiboy:
Good initiave by the state government, hope it is sustained for long time
You want the economic situation to continue to be terrible so this initiative will have cause to last for a long time? shocked
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by chopnaira: 2:44pm On Mar 19
porthouse7:
apart from igbo’s
The irony. One Mrs Amala was interviewed on the queue at one of the venue. Mrs Amala state of origin is one of the states in the South East.
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Kakamorufu(m): 2:47pm On Mar 19
Kudos to Lagos state government.

There will always be haters tho. See them over the thread like flies

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Villa12(m): 2:57pm On Mar 19
Timoleon:

Even developed countries have poor people. There's a thread for tackling government policies, this is not the one. By the way, I am a critic of the APC government. No be for every thread be complain.

USA , uk, france, Germany, Japan, Korea...etc none of them are without the topical issue of poverty. On a thread where government expenditure, embezzlement, misappropriation of funds and the rest is being discussed be sure I'll be there to drop my quota of criticism on the government. Like I said, this thread is not that one.
will you compare poverty level in these countries to Nigeria? Will you compare minimum wage in these countries to Nigeria? Will you compare standard of living in these countries to that of Nigeria? Will you compare their how accountable the leaders in these countries to that of Nigeria? Will you compare the level of inflation in these countries in the past 20 years to that of Nigeria? I can always go on and on. The truth is that there are too many poor people in Nigeria compare to the rich ones. How many Nigerians can afford a bag of rice as at today? Our minimum wage in a month cannot take a single adult for 2 weeks, but the reverse is the case for one month minimum wage of these countries.

Your leaders (past and present) has destroyed the country. Just that Tinubu want to do the final burial. Kiss the truth bro

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by azzima(m): 3:09pm On Mar 19
LagosFirstSon:
Suffering and smiling people dem

See how they are praising there slave masters over something that's supposed to be in abundance..

No wonder your leaders treat you guys like rags

You went to queue under a hot sun with your mothers to buy food items like Somalia refugees hustling for food

The useless leaders that you enthroned with your votes and ballot snatching are in Abuja sharing billions in the name of constituency projects, while you are at the market square standing under hot sun to buy left over crumbs ..

Shame on you all poverty people
WHAT has YOUR Governor done to help your situation

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Bluearrow: 3:10pm On Mar 19
chopnaira:

You are making this comment from a place of ignorance.

It's not free food. It's discounted and you will see queue in many discount stores abroad too. People many other discount stores abroad to buy groceries aside queues at food banks.

Last time I checked, Hongkong and Canada are not at war.
The bold is the more reason people shouldn't queue. These are random pics!!!
Second pics stated food banks, don't u know the meaning of food banks? You are seeing people on queue because it is free. People don't queue like IDPs to pay for food in a sane nation devoid of war crises. These are as a result of anti people policies. Make people friendly policy, no one will have to queue to pay for food. But when u make things very expensive for the common man, it makes no sense throwing crumbs to a few

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by holaphem(m): 3:10pm On Mar 19
LagosFirstSon:

They are shameless I forgot . Somebody go stand under hot sun for hours just to buy crumbs and he still get mind come post am on Nairaland and still praise the foolish leaders that impoverished them join ...

What a country

I'm begining to have this believe sey 75% of Nairaland users are poor people
Rich man bless me abeg
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by azzima(m): 3:12pm On Mar 19
This ONLY happens when Leaders have CREATIVE MINDS.

Just like the New Lagos Indoor market.......

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:33pm On Mar 19
haffaze777:

Who is this clown for God's sake?
smiler & sufferer!
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Dinieoj(f): 4:00pm On Mar 19
A voucher was given on stating the items you wanted to buy, where you told the amount of the items at the point of collecting the voucher?
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by owunabastard: 4:13pm On Mar 19
Kusu12:

Your brothers and sisters are committing suicide everyday and also selling their children to feed. As we speak many of your people are struggling to enter night bus to South West. Dey deceive yourself.
The question you should ask yourself is why since APC took over, things were getting tougher for Nigerians.
That is why I believe we have different ideologies in Nigeria. Some tribes like Yorubas and Northerners can be very comfortable when they are being fed by the government through palliatives, but Igbos dislike such gestures rather they prefer to make their own personal money and enjoy life to the fullest

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by mechanics(m): 4:32pm On Mar 19
That means the food items are cheap.
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:48pm On Mar 19
Let the people eat grin
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Greenfusion: 5:07pm On Mar 19
This is what APC has turned Nigerian to (Beggars), but in reality, how long can this be sustained.....anyway, it helps some people though......the Govt needs to do the appropriate fast before we plunge into chaos
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Timoleon(m): 6:07pm On Mar 19
Villa12:
will you compare poverty level in these countries to Nigeria? Will you compare minimum wage in these countries to Nigeria? Will you compare standard of living in these countries to that of Nigeria? Will you compare their how accountable the leaders in these countries to that of Nigeria? Will you compare the level of inflation in these countries in the past 20 years to that of Nigeria? I can always go on and on. The truth is that there are too many poor people in Nigeria compare to the rich ones. How many Nigerians can afford a bag of rice as at today? Our minimum wage in a month cannot take a single adult for 2 weeks, but the reverse is the case for one month minimum wage of these countries.

Your leaders (past and present) has destroyed the country. Just that Tinubu want to do the final burial. Kiss the truth bro
ok
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by tollyboy5(m): 6:20pm On Mar 19
Ashawoman82:
for common food eh, bro... Is it this bad?
Food is not common. There is high demand presently and artificial inflation
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Vickyvicky09(m): 6:26pm On Mar 19
It's a good move by the governor of Lagos state, other states should emulate this

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by PaulH07: 7:24pm On Mar 19
LeoThaGreat:
I was at the Ounje Eko sales on Sunday March 17th, 2024 at Alubarika Primary school, Bariga, Lagos

The program started quite late for whatever reason. People were set and on queue since 10mins before 11, but the first person was attended to by 12:15pm
Wrong, they were only called by that time and were attended to by 1pm, the reason for further delay was network issues (with the payment collection machines?) according to what we heard

There were 3 queues, 2 for females, 1 for males. The female queues were rowdy as they often skipped queues. The male queue would've been quite rowdy if it weren't for volunteer conductors among the people on the queue who don't want people skipping the line, and the respect for the security personnel present, and the perceived frustration exuding from some people on the queue.

At the payment section, you either pay with Cowry or ATM Card (cash was later accepted but I don't know the process)
After paying, I was given a voucher for each items I declared that I wanted to buy

By 2:55pm, I was done being attended to by going to the stand for each item I wanted and was given a pack.

I bought:
5kg rice - 5370 ?
1 crate of eggs - 2700
1kg Onions -450

PS:
. The last egg I bought at a market was 3,800 for a crate, so I'll say the price if eggs at Ounje Eko was worth my effort.

. The Gaari was well blended and it's not multi purpose. It's better for eba only.

. Some women said the beans wasn't up to their cost expectation. But I suspect they were there to buy and resell.

. I couldn't buy the tomatoes, pepper and chilli because I don't have a fridge. I didn't consider it, so I can't say if it's worth buying.

Overall, I'll say the initiative was a good one. It would've been helpful if the whole payment and booking could be done online, and delivered at one's doorstep, but I understand that people who aren't tech savvy, and are within the targeted tax bracket will likely be left out.

I can't grade the rice quality for now till I prepare it, but I'm sure it's Nigerian rice

Thank you to the:
Commissioner for Agriculture, Ms. Olusanya
Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Jide Sanwo-Olu

Igbega ipinle Eko, ajumose ni

So you mean you don't have fridge, you're truly broke sha oh...
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by FLYFIRE(m): 7:51pm On Mar 19
chopnaira:

You would rather prefer that one politician creates a policy that buys 400 SUVs for 200 ezes and igwes. Or a policy of creating a beer factory so that the residents of the state can drink to stupor and forget about the rot and decay in his government.
How much were you buying these items before now. Some of una no get common sense

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:31pm On Mar 19
Blitzking:
When ever you do a project what's the first thing that comes to your mind..is it the ability to make first purchase or sustainability..boiz wey chop benefit run from hood go lekki later return after 3yrs. How long is this going to be on..a month..6 months till one dollar is equal to 216 naira.

I stand to be corrected, I think the initiative is for 4 Sundays
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Blitzking: 8:33pm On Mar 19
Yampotatocarrot:

I stand to be corrected, I think the initiative is for 4 Sundays
Damn so na back to ground zero be this
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by haffaze777(m): 8:34pm On Mar 19
MichaelSokoto:

smiler & sufferer!

Cry your cry alone Egbere yii
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by ufotunang: 9:12pm On Mar 19
Nawaoooo....APC government has turned Nigeria economy to a palliative economy

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by ufotunang: 9:17pm On Mar 19
Palliative government
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by VictorGeneral4(m): 10:13pm On Mar 19
LeoThaGreat:
I was at the Ounje Eko sales on Sunday March 17th, 2024 at Alubarika Primary school, Bariga, Lagos

The program started quite late for whatever reason. People were set and on queue since 10mins before 11, but the first person was attended to by 12:15pm
Wrong, they were only called by that time and were attended to by 1pm, the reason for further delay was network issues (with the payment collection machines?) according to what we heard

There were 3 queues, 2 for females, 1 for males. The female queues were rowdy as they often skipped queues. The male queue would've been quite rowdy if it weren't for volunteer conductors among the people on the queue who don't want people skipping the line, and the respect for the security personnel present, and the perceived frustration exuding from some people on the queue.

At the payment section, you either pay with Cowry or ATM Card (cash was later accepted but I don't know the process)
After paying, I was given a voucher for each items I declared that I wanted to buy

By 2:55pm, I was done being attended to by going to the stand for each item I wanted and was given a pack.

I bought:
5kg rice - 5370 ?
1 crate of eggs - 2700
1kg Onions -450

PS:
. The last egg I bought at a market was 3,800 for a crate, so I'll say the price if eggs at Ounje Eko was worth my effort.

. The Gaari was well blended and it's not multi purpose. It's better for eba only.

. Some women said the beans wasn't up to their cost expectation. But I suspect they were there to buy and resell.

. I couldn't buy the tomatoes, pepper and chilli because I don't have a fridge. I didn't consider it, so I can't say if it's worth buying.

Overall, I'll say the initiative was a good one. It would've been helpful if the whole payment and booking could be done online, and delivered at one's doorstep, but I understand that people who aren't tech savvy, and are within the targeted tax bracket will likely be left out.

I can't grade the rice quality for now till I prepare it, but I'm sure it's Nigerian rice

Thank you to the:

An average Yoruba person's Sense of reasoning, is why this politicians treat us like slaves

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by FlatEarthGuy20(m): 10:20pm On Mar 19
Government na principalities of darkness dem be. Just focus on how to unbrainwash Yourself
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Wiseonetemmy(m): 11:31pm On Mar 19
[quote author=LeoThaGreat post=128985971]I was at the Ounje Eko sales on Sunday March 17th, 2024 at Alubarika Primary school, Bariga, Lagos

I bought:
5kg rice - 5370 ?
1 crate of eggs - 2700
1kg Onions -450

PS:

Thank you to the:

Any government that takes away your power to feed yourself and starts to feed you is killing you. Its as simple as that..

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:41am On Mar 20
LagosFirstSon:

What a disgrace

See that picture , look at people's mother and fathers standing under hot sun to buy crumbs

Shame shame shame
This thing pain you sha. See painment
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Ilekokonit: 1:36am On Mar 20
LagosFirstSon:
The useless leaders that you enthroned with your votes and ballot snatching are in Abuja sharing billions in the name of constituency projects, while you are at the market square standing under hot sun to buy left over crumbs.

Food for thought.

The day Nigerians will be delivered is when we get to a critical mass of people first knowing that they have been SEVERELY abused by our GREEDY NIGERIAN POLITICIANS and then realizing that it is their right as Nigerians to get fed for FREE by their Government if they can not afford to feed themselves just like it is done in civilized countries.

Corrupt Nigerian politicians have bastardized the humanity of Nigerians.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Igbek76: 6:25am On Mar 20
Those opposing this innitative are acutely ignorant.
This type of thing is done worldwide .
It's not new,it's done even when the economy blossom.
There are foods stamps everywhere in the western world.....there are social security systems for the vulnerable and the less privilege .
Condemning this initiatives by Lagos state government is the height of irresponsibility,jealousy,tribal clap-back ,wreckless opposition and caloussness.

If each state can dedicate 2B to 3B naira of it monthly allocation to something like this,it will have a multiplier effects in empowering farmers,farm employment and productivity and also alleviate the suffering of the poor Nigerians.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN / Falling Naira: EFCC Raids Bureau De Change Firms / HILARIOUS: See What A Man Asked Jumia On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.