Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos (33744 Views)

Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today / Lady Shares Her Experience At The ATM Which Had More Than 20 Guys / Ndubuisi Emenike, Millionaire Disguises As Beggar In A Market In Imo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by predictor1: 9:44am On Mar 19
Cantonese:

Stop disgracing your unlearned self.
“Ebi n pawa” are words from other regions, right? Or it is the language of people of other regions? Or people from other regions first started screaming those words? If the Governor of Lagos has started that, what has happened to other governors within the same region? One wonders why youths like you are so insanely tribalistic? Or does hunger recognise state, region, tribe, age or religion?

Rather than get your slave masters to do the right thing, there you are eulogizing them, while they daily impoverish you.
E bi n pawa is not the problem. The problem is that all the regions have hunger issues. Because a few youths made their grievances known through a slogan which is now trending does not mean other regions are better off. If all the state governors and useless national assembly members emulate the example of Lagos state the problem of hunger will be minimized. That's what that man was saying.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Biodun556(m): 9:48am On Mar 19
LeoThaGreat:
I was at the Ounje Eko sales on Sunday March 17th, 2024 at Alubarika Primary school, Bariga, Lagos

The program started quite late for whatever reason. People were set and on queue since 10mins before 11, but the first person was attended to by 12:15pm
Wrong, they were only called by that time and were attended to by 1pm, the reason for further delay was network issues (with the payment collection machines?) according to what we heard

There were 3 queues, 2 for females, 1 for males. The female queues were rowdy as they often skipped queues. The male queue would've been quite rowdy if it weren't for volunteer conductors among the people on the queue who don't want people skipping the line, and the respect for the security personnel present, and the perceived frustration exuding from some people on the queue.

At the payment section, you either pay with Cowry or ATM Card (cash was later accepted but I don't know the process)
After paying, I was given a voucher for each items I declared that I wanted to buy

By 2:55pm, I was done being attended to by going to the stand for each item I wanted and was given a pack.

I bought:
5kg rice - 5370 ?
1 crate of eggs - 2700
1kg Onions -450

PS:
. The last egg I bought at a market was 3,800 for a crate, so I'll say the price if eggs at Ounje Eko was worth my effort.

. The Gaari was well blended and it's not multi purpose. It's better for eba only.

. Some women said the beans wasn't up to their cost expectation. But I suspect they were there to buy and resell.

. I couldn't buy the tomatoes, pepper and chilli because I don't have a fridge. I didn't consider it, so I can't say if it's worth buying.

Overall, I'll say the initiative was a good one. It would've been helpful if the whole payment and booking could be done online, and delivered at one's doorstep, but I understand that people who aren't tech savvy, and are within the targeted tax bracket will likely be left out.

I can't grade the rice quality for now till I prepare it, but I'm sure it's Nigerian rice

Thank you to the:
Commissioner for Agriculture, Ms. Olusanya
Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Jide Sanwo-Olu

Igbega ipinle Eko, ajumose ni

I s

I schooled in temple primary school in the 90s with that complex. It is very nice seeing new buildings there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by JohnnA1: 11:01am On Mar 19
Cantonese:

YOU will NOT PROSPER...
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by adeniyiemmanuel(m): 11:06am On Mar 19
Wow no be lie ....infact this venue bis @ my main street for bariga was actually present there too ppl too many God bless Lagos & Nigeria as a whole....
LeoThaGreat:
I was at the Ounje Eko sales on Sunday March 17th, 2024 at Alubarika Primary school, Bariga, Lagos

The program started quite late for whatever reason. People were set and on queue since 10mins before 11, but the first person was attended to by 12:15pm
Wrong, they were only called by that time and were attended to by 1pm, the reason for further delay was network issues (with the payment collection machines?) according to what we heard

There were 3 queues, 2 for females, 1 for males. The female queues were rowdy as they often skipped queues. The male queue would've been quite rowdy if it weren't for volunteer conductors among the people on the queue who don't want people skipping the line, and the respect for the security personnel present, and the perceived frustration exuding from some people on the queue.

At the payment section, you either pay with Cowry or ATM Card (cash was later accepted but I don't know the process)
After paying, I was given a voucher for each items I declared that I wanted to buy

By 2:55pm, I was done being attended to by going to the stand for each item I wanted and was given a pack.

I bought:
5kg rice - 5370 ?
1 crate of eggs - 2700
1kg Onions -450

PS:
. The last egg I bought at a market was 3,800 for a crate, so I'll say the price if eggs at Ounje Eko was worth my effort.

. The Gaari was well blended and it's not multi purpose. It's better for eba only.

. Some women said the beans wasn't up to their cost expectation. But I suspect they were there to buy and resell.

. I couldn't buy the tomatoes, pepper and chilli because I don't have a fridge. I didn't consider it, so I can't say if it's worth buying.

Overall, I'll say the initiative was a good one. It would've been helpful if the whole payment and booking could be done online, and delivered at one's doorstep, but I understand that people who aren't tech savvy, and are within the targeted tax bracket will likely be left out.

I can't grade the rice quality for now till I prepare it, but I'm sure it's Nigerian rice

Thank you to the:
Commissioner for Agriculture, Ms. Olusanya
Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Jide Sanwo-Olu

Igbega ipinle Eko, ajumose ni
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by wifeesnatcher(m): 12:33pm On Mar 19
They should worked on the delayed, the iniative was good and excellence

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:36pm On Mar 19
Good initiative from LASG.

Worthy of emulation by other states, especially states in Igbo land.
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by wifeesnatcher(m): 12:36pm On Mar 19
killsmith:

Who are you telling shame?
The same people that worship a man who converted millions of Yoruba sons to thugs instead of empowering them with skills or scholarships? They have no shame. Even dead body get shame pass them.

If anyone is wailing about shame, Igbo should be the least

People that drove themselves to death all because they don't want to be Nigerians again yet still come back after eating not only their vomits but losing lives and properties

People that praise mediocre and criticize others region leaders social efforts

Wailing to death is a contract you've signed in that your short yeast, you never even start grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by dododawa1: 12:38pm On Mar 19
Their must see

Something

Human Beings.
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by FuckYeyeMods: 12:38pm On Mar 19
That's the problem..
They will que from morning till afternoon and resell the good gesture of the government.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by gabbytabby: 12:39pm On Mar 19
Ungrateful, traitors and enemies of Nigeria. God pass una.

VinnyBaba:

Yeye Policy from APC!😕

Is It Communalism we are Practicing, in this 21st century

Everything about this Govt is Sharing of Foodstuffs, Cheap Agricultural products and PALLIATIVES. sad

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Bluearrow: 12:40pm On Mar 19
FreeStuffsNG:
Awesome! Thank you OP for sharing.
Itesiwaju Ilu Eko ajumose gbogbo wa ni.
What is awesome about people queuing for food in a country not fighting war? I only see such things in countries fighting war, last I checked, there is no ongoing war in Lagos state, why do citizens have to queue to feed? All these are as a result of anti people policies...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Mitsurugi(m): 12:40pm On Mar 19
VinnyBaba:

Yeye Policy from APC!😕

Is It Communalism we are Practicing, in this 21st century

Everything about this Govt is Sharing of Foodstuffs, Cheap Agricultural products and PALLIATIVES. sad

I'm not an APC supporter but this is commendable. Don't be unfortunate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Villa12(m): 12:40pm On Mar 19
tollyboy5:

You don't have to be angry over things done in Lagos for Lagos benefit.

This initiative is a good one
nothing is good about this bro. The government has improvished the people they're now throwing crumbs at them. Trust me there are more people that cannot even afford this discounted food. What will become of them please?
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Bluearrow: 12:42pm On Mar 19
RenaissanceGuy:
It's nice, if racketeering doesn't mar the good intention. Russia, for example, did a similar thing more than 12 years ago when there was a global rise in food price — buy from the farmers and sell to consumers at discounted prices.
There is nothing nice about it!
There is no global food crises, Nigeria is not fighting war, why do people have to queue to feed??

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by God2man2again(m): 12:42pm On Mar 19
With this kind of initiative, as Nigerians, we can achieve whatever we want to achieve as a nation.

All we need is constructive thinking.

Good thinking, good product.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Bluearrow: 12:45pm On Mar 19
Villa12:
nothing is good about this bro. The government has improvished the people they're now throwing crumbs at them. Trust me there are more people that cannot even afford this discounted food. What will become of them please?
Exactly bro!
Seems Nigeria has been totally damaged!
How can citizens queue for food in a country not fighting war & people are applauding it??
Instead of fixing the main issue by making people friendly policy, they are making anti people policy & throwing crumbs to a few. How many people will benefit from this compared to Lagos population?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:46pm On Mar 19
Suffering and smiling...

Don't let me even go as far back as 2015...

How much was a crate of egg even as at 2022?

How much was a bag of rice as at then?

Just to mention but a few...

Na suffering and smiling dem dey take nurture this country...

The country is dead, ruined...

Stupid government...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Timoleon(m): 12:48pm On Mar 19
Melagros:
COMRADES, believe me, not all Lagosians will benefit from this APC's propaganda

No program anywhere in the world benefits everyone. If they sell pure water @ 2 for 5 naira today, you'd still find people who would beg for 5 naira for water. Definitely, not all lagosians have money to buy foodstuff so how can they all benefit?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Bluearrow: 12:48pm On Mar 19
God2man2again:
With this kind of initiative, as Nigerians, we can achieve whatever we want to achieve as a nation.

All we need is constructive thinking.

Good thinking, good product.
It is a stupid thinking!
Let them make things affordable, that way everyone can afford it. Not making things extremely expensive & throwing crumbs to a few. Considering lagos population, how many people will benefit from this? Nigeria is not fighting war, there is no need for her citizens to start queuing for food if the leaders are making right decisions

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by soccerlite: 12:49pm On Mar 19
Yoi want to check quality of rice

Na uncleBens rice you want?

Lolzzzzz
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Ykc2(m): 12:50pm On Mar 19
JohnnA1:
God bless Lagos.

God continue to bless ILE YORUBA.

Other regions should emulate "Ounje Eko" rather than shouting "Ebi n pawa" on social media.

RestructureNigeria#
so buying things like in war time is how you guys were buying during Jonathan's government ,is nigeria sanctioned by Western countries?Jonathan a criminal but bag or rice 8k egg 400naira beans who dey chop beans then?tinubu and his godogodo brothers are bent on destroying nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by jpworld(m): 12:54pm On Mar 19
So Nigeria has turn to where citizens queue to buy food stuff at discounted rate. Awwww.

Giant of Africa indeed. I thought they say once subsidy is removed, government will have enough? Now government is sharing crumbs for it citizens.

Well come to Emilokan!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Villa12(m): 12:55pm On Mar 19
Timoleon:

No program anywhere in the world benefits everyone. If they sell pure water @ 2 for 5 naira today, you'd still find people who would beg for 5 naira for water. Definitely, not all lagosians have money to buy foodstuff so how can they all benefit?
why can't they tackle the issue of poverty bro? Why would someone not be able to afford ordinary food while their leaders are one of the highest paid in the world, they stole billions? Does that make sense to you?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Emekaonline: 12:55pm On Mar 19
CannibalTorment:
The Enugu woman that left her 3 children and committed suicide by running into fast moving trailers will still be alive if she is suffering and smiling, the Anambra woman who sold her 5 children for pantry #50,000, even goat is not sold for meagre 10k wouldn't have if she has leaders that treated her like rags, the people killing their fathers and sons in imo wouldn't have because of hunger if they are treated like Somali refugees, people are killing, cannibalizing and committing suicide because of hunger in your land and you still have mouth to talk.

God bless you my brother for hitting the ungrateful soul had

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Villa12(m): 12:57pm On Mar 19
gabbytabby:
Ungrateful, traitors and enemies of Nigeria. God pass una.

do you queue to beg for discounted food in Jonathan government? Who do una this thing bro?
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by God2man2again(m): 1:03pm On Mar 19
Bluearrow:

It is a stupid thinking!
Let them make things affordable, that way everyone can afford it. Not making things extremely expensive & throwing crumbs to a few. Considering lagos population, how many people will benefit from this? Nigeria is not fighting war, there is no need for her citizens to start queuing for food if the leaders are making right decisions

Calm down! I understand your pain but we have to start from somewhere, the idea is to allow people to buy goods at affordable prices and not the expensive market prices.

Rome is not built in a day.

I believe it will improve, if Lagos state can work more on it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by ellizy(m): 1:04pm On Mar 19
Asiwaju always producing best heads..
Itesiwaju eko lo je wa logun

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Blitzking: 1:05pm On Mar 19
When ever you do a project what's the first thing that comes to your mind..is it the ability to make first purchase or sustainability..boiz wey chop benefit run from hood go lekki later return after 3yrs. How long is this going to be on..a month..6 months till one dollar is equal to 216 naira.
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Warrior99: 1:06pm On Mar 19
JohnnA1:
God bless Lagos.

God continue to bless ILE YORUBA.

[I]Other regions should emulate "Ounje Eko" rather than shouting "Ebi n pawa" on social media.[/I]

RestructureNigeria#
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:07pm On Mar 19
MrNipplesLover:
Suffering and smiling...

Don't let me even go as far back as 2015...

How much was a crate of egg even as at 2022?

How much was a bag of rice as at then?

Just to mention but a few...

Na suffering and smiling dem dey twe nurture this country...

The country is dead, ruined...

Stupid government...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN / Falling Naira: EFCC Raids Bureau De Change Firms / CBN Bars MFBs, Opay, Moniepoint From Registering New Customers - Gazette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.