Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos (33749 Views)

Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today / Lady Shares Her Experience At The ATM Which Had More Than 20 Guys / Ndubuisi Emenike, Millionaire Disguises As Beggar In A Market In Imo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by killsmith(f): 3:22pm On Mar 18
LagosFirstSon:

They are shameless I forgot . Somebody go stand under hot sun for hours just to buy crumbs and he still get mind come post am on Nairaland and still praise the foolish leaders that impoverished them join ...

What a country

I'm begining to have this believe sey 75% of Nairaland users are poor people
They are the original definition of suffering and smiling and living by bread alone.
Next election apc will share rice and garri and they will vote them again. Southern almajiri.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by LeoThaGreat(m): 3:23pm On Mar 18
RenaissanceGuy:
It's nice, if racketeering doesn't mar the good intention. Russia, for example, did a similar thing more than 12 years ago when there was a global rise in food price โ€” buy from the farmers and sell to consumers at discounted prices.

It has to be a temporary measure because it's bad for economics and commerce in the long run. If continued, it will slow down businesses of traders in the locales.
If the government was buying the excess produced from farmers for export, that would've been encouraged and would be recommended to be sustained. That was what Awolowo did to fund his government since they're in the opposition to the then federal government, and to build infrastructure (and programs) which are standing till today

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by chopnaira: 3:43pm On Mar 18
LeoThaGreat:

It has to be a temporary measure because it's bad for economics and commerce in the long run. If continued, it will slow down businesses of traders in the locales.
If the government was buying the excess produced from farmers for export, that would've been encouraged and would be recommended to be sustained. That was what Awolowo did to fund his government since they're in the opposition to the then federal government, and to build infrastructure (and programs) which are standing till today
That's the intention to force down artificially inflated prices.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by SisterAnn(f): 3:45pm On Mar 18
ipobcannibals:
Ipob/obidients will not like this,,,,,they donโ€™t want to hear any good news, rather they only want to hear sadness
You are always wailing. I bet you can't still afford the ounje eko. Onishoro.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Starboytwo(m): 3:46pm On Mar 18
ipobcannibals:
Ipob/obidients will not like this,,,,,they donโ€™t want to hear any good news, rather they only want to hear sadness
sadness yen lo ma kpa won

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by SisterAnn(f): 3:51pm On Mar 18
chopnaira:

They are already lamenting just under your comment.
For example ๐Ÿ‘‡. In his home state, their mothers were queuing for free kerosine, or selling their votes for Okpa and Jollof. Heck some even queued for free Eba and soup.

Are you not the one who accidentally caught yourself in the mooslim section and became very scared about hailing Mohamed? grin
You have many struggles.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by muyico(m): 4:17pm On Mar 18
U sound like APC Member!

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by chopnaira: 4:19pm On Mar 18
SisterAnn:
Are you not the one who accidentally caught yourself in the mooslim section and became very scared about hailing Mohamed? grin
You have many struggles.
Wetin concern Mohammed concern this thread. So you sef they follow those Islam thread. Pot calling kettle black. ๐Ÿ˜‚

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by surgical: 4:25pm On Mar 18
LagosFirstSon:

They are shameless I forgot . Somebody go stand under hot sun for hours just to buy crumbs and he still get mind come post am on Nairaland and still praise the foolish leaders that impoverished them join ...

What a country

I'm begining to have this believe sey 75% of Nairaland users are poor people
APC almajiri actually, it's because of their poverty, they took up the job of Internet warrior, which is what they are doing on Nairaland, not that they actually believe in what they are doing, it is survival
Don't be surprised if their job requires they shoot their mothers, they will, just to eat,so don't tale them serious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:27pm On Mar 18
This is replica of what USA did during COVID'19 but that of America is free of charge.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by LagosFirstSon: 4:29pm On Mar 18
AKWATGOLD1:
This is replica of what USA did during COVID'19 but that of America is free of charge.
then its not a replica of what the united states did during COVID

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:19pm On Mar 18
LagosFirstSon:
Suffering and smiling people dem

See how they are praising there slave masters over something that's supposed to be in abundance..

No wonder your leaders treat you guys like rags

You went to queue under a hot sun with your mothers to buy food items like Somalia refugees hustling for food

The useless leaders that you enthroned with your votes and ballot snatching are in Abuja sharing billions in the name of constituency projects, while you are at the market square standing under hot sun to buy left over crumbs ..

Shame on you all poverty people

Online billionaires if others state governors has come up with this initiative you would have clapped for them.but because it's Lagos it's bad you will be alright last last

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:27pm On Mar 18
nabiz:
it is only a Jobless man will go there to by food considering the price difference and time .

Even on Sunday, the one you have been doing all years around where as it lead you to.workaholic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by SisterAnn(f): 5:51pm On Mar 18
chopnaira:

Wetin concern Mohammed concern this thread. So you sef they follow those Islam thread. Pot calling kettle black. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Hahaha ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by 9jatriot(m): 6:00pm On Mar 18
All these disciples of lamba kings, always lamenting.

If this was a picture of food courts abroad, you will be hearing things like those countries care for their citizens but because it does not serve their interest, they are trying to twist a noble gesture from the Lagos State government.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by press9jatv: 6:45pm On Mar 18
Good one here, good initiative from Lagos State government

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Adewale1603(m): 7:02pm On Mar 18
So sad.
(Sad music playing in background)
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by chidiokay: 7:03pm On Mar 18
LagosFirstSon:

What a disgrace

See that picture , look at people's mother and fathers standing under hot sun to buy crumbs

Shame shame shame

The election is long gone and you have still refuse to be sensible, what is shameful about people buying subsidized food items, undecided
what exactly is shameful or a disgrace, is it the queue or the fact that people have money to pay for the items picked

What makes the food items crumbs, cos it cheap or becos its under hot sun ?? the food items in your own house emanated from where

Some of you are just unbelievably stupid, even in developed countries there are places citizens go to queue for freebies as a measure of palliative

Screaming shame like a retard doesnt change anything, the fact that it is directly accessible and can be felt by the people makes it commendable

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Babamide(m): 7:13pm On Mar 18
chopnaira:

That's the intention to force down artificially inflated prices.
Please explain this to me. Is it that
a) the government is buying foodstuffs directly from the farmers and processors or
b) government is producing these things themselves and processing or
c) government is subsidizing the prices.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by LeoThaGreat(m): 7:44pm On Mar 18
Juwessgratitud3:
Which of the secondary schools is this? It is the one at ilaje or the one going towards gbagada estate?

Why do they have to fix it on Sunday's when people will be in church.?

Omo the sun no be here o.

Hope the rice is good and doesn't have stones.

Do they also have palm oils and vegetable oil?

Thanks for sharing.

It's the one towards Gbagada, around Justrite.

I'm yet to make the rice, but from others I've seen, it's not stony. I'm guessing it's rebagged LAKE rice.

They don't have cooking oils tho.

The program is for only 4 Sundays, so you can pop in someday for sight seeing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by LeoThaGreat(m): 7:48pm On Mar 18
Babamide:
Please explain this to me. Is it that
a) the government is buying foodstuffs directly from the farmers and processors or
b) government is producing these things themselves and processing or
c) government is subsidizing the prices.

All three options are correct in this scenario.

a & c: I believe the pepper, eggs, beans and gaari were bought by the Lagos State government from food processors, then sold at a subsidized rate (if middleman costs are removed)

b: I believe the rice is LAKE rice, which is produced in Kebbi and processed in Imota by the Lagos State government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Juwessgratitud3: 8:08pm On Mar 18
LeoThaGreat:

It's the one towards Gbagada, around Justrite.

I'm yet to make the rice, but from others I've seen, it's not stony. I'm guessing it's rebagged LAKE rice.

They don't have cooking oils tho.

The program is for only 4 Sundays, so you can pop in someday for sight seeing
Ok.thanks for the info. I appreciate.
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Uyi168: 8:29pm On Mar 18
LagosFirstSon:

See how they are praising there slave masters over something that's supposed to be in abundance..

You went to queue under a hot sun with your mothers to buy food items like Somalia refugees hustling for food

The useless leaders that you enthroned with your votes and ballot snatching are in Abuja sharing billions in the name of constituency projects, while you are at the market square standing under hot sun to buy left over crumbs ..

The only problem I have with people like u be say,una too dey complain

Person do something, una go complain.
Person nor do,una go still complain.

Them use complain swear for una

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Rexymania(m): 10:22pm On Mar 18
You're deceiving yourself. They caused chaos, now they are finding solution to it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by oyatz(m): 8:20am On Mar 19
VinnyBaba:

Yeye Policy from APC!๐Ÿ˜•

Is It Communalism we are Practicing, in this 21st century

Everything about this Govt is Sharing of Foodstuffs, Cheap Agricultural products and PALLIATIVES. sad

Your problem is that you talk more than you read.
The foods are paid for .
They aren't free. This is an organised market.

It reduces the effects of shylocking middlemen by buy directly from the farmers and selling to the consumers.

The Farmers will be encouraged to produce more because these foods are produced locally.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by oyatz(m): 8:31am On Mar 19
LagosFirstSon:

Nothing is supposed to be in abundance.

This is LASG policy, not FG programme, you can go to Abuja to complain about the 'people you think are sharing billions'

This programme will have significant impact on the economy if at least 20 States replicate it. It will promote consumption of what we produce because the foods are produced locally and millions of Agricultural workers will be gainfully engaged

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by oyatz(m): 8:33am On Mar 19
killsmith:

That is why I was skeptical about their hunger protest because once they see food they go back to praising the same criminals that impoverished them.
They are truly the almajiri of the south.

Permanent criticism is not strategy to solve any problem.

Protests may trigger changes in policies but protesrs can NOT solve economic problems.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by predictor1: 8:41am On Mar 19
nabiz:
it is only a Jobless man will go there to by food considering the price difference and time .
Take eggs for example. The difference is #1100. If you buy 2 crates that's a savings of #2200. And you get to buy other items. If you buy from the market will you not stress to go and come back? Be fair in your assessment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Cantonese: 8:45am On Mar 19
JohnnA1:
God bless Lagos.

God continue to bless ILE YORUBA.

Other regions should emulate "Ounje Eko" rather than shouting "Ebi n pawa" on social media.

RestructureNigeria#

Stop disgracing your unlearned self.
โ€œEbi n pawaโ€ are words from other regions, right? Or it is the language of people of other regions? Or people from other regions first started screaming those words? If the Governor of Lagos has started that, what has happened to other governors within the same region? One wonders why youths like you are so insanely tribalistic? Or does hunger recognise state, region, tribe, age or religion?

Rather than get your slave masters to do the right thing, there you are eulogizing them, while they daily impoverish you.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Donโ€™t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed โ€“ CBN / Falling Naira: EFCC Raids Bureau De Change Firms / HILARIOUS: See What A Man Asked Jumia On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.