Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos (33746 Views)

Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today / Lady Shares Her Experience At The ATM Which Had More Than 20 Guys / Ndubuisi Emenike, Millionaire Disguises As Beggar In A Market In Imo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by zionstaar75: 1:10pm On Mar 19
ipobcannibals:
Ipob/obidients will not like this,,,,,they don’t want to hear any good news, rather they only want to hear sadness
don't mind them, they will never see good in this country, that's a fact

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by zionstaar75: 1:12pm On Mar 19
SisterAnn:
You are always wailing. I bet you can't still afford the ounje eko. Onishoro.
but you're the wailer

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by HydraFeeds(m): 1:12pm On Mar 19
Melagros:
COMRADES, believe me, not all Lagosians will benefit from this APC's propaganda
not meant for everybody but the less privileged

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Kusu12: 1:13pm On Mar 19
Melagros:

Go and benefit from Obingo propaganda. Loser!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Kusu12: 1:15pm On Mar 19
LagosFirstSon:
Suffering and smiling people dem

See how they are praising there slave masters over something that's supposed to be in abundance..

No wonder your leaders treat you guys like rags

You went to queue under a hot sun with your mothers to buy food items like Somalia refugees hustling for food

The useless leaders that you enthroned with your votes and ballot snatching are in Abuja sharing billions in the name of constituency projects, while you are at the market square standing under hot sun to buy left over crumbs ..

Shame on you all poverty people

This loser still around. Frustrated and deluded obirodent.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Kusu12: 1:19pm On Mar 19
killsmith:

They are the original definition of suffering and smiling and living by bread alone.
Next election apc will share rice and garri and they will vote them again. Southern almajiri.

Your brothers and sisters are committing suicide everyday and also selling their children to feed. As we speak many of your people are struggling to enter night bus to South West. Dey deceive yourself.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by killsmith(f): 1:27pm On Mar 19
Kusu12:

Your brothers and sisters are committing suicide everyday and also selling their children to feed. As we speak many of your people are struggling to enter night bus to South West. Dey deceive yourself.
Get out of mentions and go back to licking the anus of your criminal politicians.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:28pm On Mar 19
haffaze777:
God bless ile Yoruba
they have succeeded in turning u into a perpetual begger & u are happy?

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by LordBillionz: 1:30pm On Mar 19
ipobcannibals:
Ipob/obidients will not like this,,,,,they don’t want to hear any good news, rather they only want to hear sadness
Really?
How much were there things he bought before May 29, 2023?

Is that how your mind had been conditioned?
To be subjected to suffering , then lower the prices a bit to attract praise? Truly, you're a slave.

Someone came into power , made rash decisions that jacked price of goods up and then a lower version of him had to introduce this to cause what difference actually?

And you're her blaming IPOB of being happy of bad news.
You've been played and cos we can't be made to praise nonsense or be washed like you, yes, we won't be 'happy'.

Keep enjoying your poison laced bread.

Brainwashed and hooked slave.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by LordBillionz: 1:32pm On Mar 19
killsmith:

That is why I was skeptical about their hunger protest because once they see food they go back to praising the same criminals that impoverished them.
They are truly the almajiri of the south.
Seriously...
Like wtf!

How much were these things before Tinubu grabbed power ... And they're jumping at this?

Who do una this thing Ndi Yoruba?

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by tollyboy5(m): 1:34pm On Mar 19
Villa12:
nothing is good about this bro. The government has impoverished the people they're now throwing crumbs at them. Trust me there are more people that cannot even afford this discounted food. What will become of them please?
alaye this is discounted food price to battle the greedy hike in price by market women. Most of this women just hike price for no reasons
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by mozona(m): 1:37pm On Mar 19
How long will it last? What about does people that cannot afford it?

Though it is a good initiative but they would have done it online, create job opportunities for the period of time that it will last.

Besides those who have money can buy for those who don't have.
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by CountinBlessins(m): 1:37pm On Mar 19
LeoThaGreat:
I was at the Ounje Eko sales on Sunday March 17th, 2024 at Alubarika Primary school, Bariga, Lagos

The program started quite late for whatever reason. People were set and on queue since 10mins before 11, but the first person was attended to by 12:15pm
Wrong, they were only called by that time and were attended to by 1pm, the reason for further delay was network issues (with the payment collection machines?) according to what we heard

There were 3 queues, 2 for females, 1 for males. The female queues were rowdy as they often skipped queues. The male queue would've been quite rowdy if it weren't for volunteer conductors among the people on the queue who don't want people skipping the line, and the respect for the security personnel present, and the perceived frustration exuding from some people on the queue.

At the payment section, you either pay with Cowry or ATM Card (cash was later accepted but I don't know the process)
After paying, I was given a voucher for each items I declared that I wanted to buy

By 2:55pm, I was done being attended to by going to the stand for each item I wanted and was given a pack.

I bought:
5kg rice - 5370 ?
1 crate of eggs - 2700
1kg Onions -450

PS:
. The last egg I bought at a market was 3,800 for a crate, so I'll say the price if eggs at Ounje Eko was worth my effort.

. The Gaari was well blended and it's not multi purpose. It's better for eba only.

. Some women said the beans wasn't up to their cost expectation. But I suspect they were there to buy and resell.

. I couldn't buy the tomatoes, pepper and chilli because I don't have a fridge. I didn't consider it, so I can't say if it's worth buying.

Overall, I'll say the initiative was a good one. It would've been helpful if the whole payment and booking could be done online, and delivered at one's doorstep, but I understand that people who aren't tech savvy, and are within the targeted tax bracket will likely be left out.

I can't grade the rice quality for now till I prepare it, but I'm sure it's Nigerian rice

Thank you to the:
Commissioner for Agriculture, Ms. Olusanya
Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Jide Sanwo-Olu

Igbega ipinle Eko, ajumose ni

Aha simplyleo I thought you have left Nairaland 🤣🤣🤣🤣
So you are back with one of your old accounts ? 🤣🤣🤣
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Azazyel: 1:38pm On Mar 19
killsmith:

Who are you telling shame?
The same people that worship a man who converted millions of Yoruba sons to thugs instead of empowering them with skills or scholarships? They have no shame. Even dead body get shame pass them.

Thuggery is a general Nigeria issue. Tell me the state you come from and let's see whether there are no street thugs in the place. I used to think Lagos agbero were bad until I went to Anambra state. The ones there are so brutal and have no conscience. They could even make you pay for walking on the road. I saw two touts in Oba, Anambra state slapping a young girl that just alighted from a transport vehicle with her load from Lagos. I and my guys went close to face those idiots and ask why they are harassing the young girl. They wanted to fight us but as Dem see kala, they backed off and we quickly offered the girl a ride and dropped her at her destination before the goats regroup. She told us that they wanted to collect money for load from her. People were even looking as the girl was being harassed because they see it as a norm to pay those touts for carrying load. Abeg Lagos agbero guys are saints compared to the ones in the south East

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Timoleon(m): 1:47pm On Mar 19
Villa12:
why can't they tackle the issue of poverty bro? Why would someone not be able to afford ordinary food while their leaders are one of the highest paid in the world, they stole billions? Does that make sense to you?

Even developed countries have poor people. There's a thread for tackling government policies, this is not the one. By the way, I am a critic of the APC government. No be for every thread be complain.

USA , uk, france, Germany, Japan, Korea...etc none of them are without the topical issue of poverty. On a thread where government expenditure, embezzlement, misappropriation of funds and the rest is being discussed be sure I'll be there to drop my quota of criticism on the government. Like I said, this thread is not that one.
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Digmygold: 1:52pm On Mar 19
SoNature:
Governor Sanwo-Olu is trying. I hope they pegged the quantity of commodities beneficiaries can buy.

Trust Nigerians - one person can buy up everything and resell in a regular market.

You are on point.
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Azazyel: 1:53pm On Mar 19
From what I can see on this forum, Igbo people haven't gotten the memo yet. I can see a lot of them bashing yorubas for the good initiative of Lagos state. For the fact that peter obi lost the election doesn't mean life shouldn't move on. Other tribes also voted him. Why has it now become an ethnic issue? Is it cos the president is a Yoruba man? You're only destroying obi's chances in the next election with all these banter. If not for the Yoruba people that joined hands, would Obi have ever won Lagos state? You guys aren't honest with yourselves. If Obi fails next time, I don't think there would be any president from South East until Jesus comes

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by haffaze777(m): 1:55pm On Mar 19
MichaelSokoto:

they have succeeded in turning u into a perpetual begger & u are happy?

Who is this clown for God's sake?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:58pm On Mar 19
JohnnA1:
God bless Lagos.

God continue to bless ILE YORUBA.

Other regions should emulate "Ounje Eko" rather than shouting "Ebi n pawa" on social media.

RestructureNigeria#

Lol, uk had inflation, they increased our wages, decrease tax, now I learn 300pounds more, which helps. But in Nigeria, these hoodlums do rubbish and get praised, food stuffs wey dey food bank before lol 😂.

Wake up Nigeria youths. Read how lee of Singapore, Deng of China, transformed their countries.

This is not ethnic or religious fights. All need to be united, and demand people with morals, accountability in power.

You fit still abuse me , I be just common warri pikin wey don leave una almost 11 years now. My family no dey hungry. Just amazed.

Lived in 3 countries and seen first hand administrative and managerial skills.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by almayda: 2:00pm On Mar 19
Everybody have never benefitted from anything,even this life me and you have today.
Melagros:
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Azazyel: 2:06pm On Mar 19
killsmith:

Stop deceiving yourself. Thuggery is fundamental to Yoruba culture. There is no yoruba Oba who doesn't have or Control thugs. Oluomo, gani Adams, kunle poly, Sunday Igboho, portable are all thugs. You all worship thugs. Even the abokis we tag uneducated do not worship thugs

Mention one popular thug in igboland.
Just one!

grin you're too funny I swear. Stop lying to yourself. You hate Yoruba people and that's it. All your points aren't valid. In Nigeria, Thuggery goes hand in hand with politics. There are powerful thugs in the East, West North and southern parts of Nigeria. Stop being petty. I am not Yoruba but I cannot allow tribalism blind my eyes. If you truly want Nigeria to move forward, look inwards and make a change. Stop Ethnic bigotry
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Spandau: 2:16pm On Mar 19
Melagros:

It is an initiative. It is empirically verifiable and people have been benefiting from it. A propaganda is misinformation, disinformation and outright lies. Initiative is not the same as propaganda. It's simple English.
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by aoaachives(m): 2:26pm On Mar 19
commoditiesnig:
Good experience and good initiative by LASG.
You're right.. Most govt world over do this as well.

In Turkey for example, govt allocates specific days per Area for cheap food markets - direct from Farm to buyers. We used to have Sunday market in my area of Istanbul then. Very cheap items

Good one mr Sanwo Olu

Also have BIM.
Discounted supermarket for the benefit of the people.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Emeka71(m): 2:30pm On Mar 19
FreeStuffsNG:
Awesome! Thank you OP for sharing.
Itesiwaju Ilu Eko ajumose gbogbo wa ni.
Rubbish market.
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Ashawoman82: 2:33pm On Mar 19
LagosFirstSon:
Suffering and smiling people dem

See how they are praising there slave masters over something that's supposed to be in abundance..

No wonder your leaders treat you guys like rags

You went to queue under a hot sun with your mothers to buy food items like Somalia refugees hustling for food

The useless leaders that you enthroned with your votes and ballot snatching are in Abuja sharing billions in the name of constituency projects, while you are at the market square standing under hot sun to buy left over crumbs ..

Shame on you all poverty people
it's quite shameful bro..
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by chopnaira: 2:33pm On Mar 19
Bluearrow:

What is awesome about people queuing for food in a country not fighting war? I only see such things in countries fighting war, last I checked, there is no ongoing war in Lagos state, why do citizens have to queue to feed? All these are as a result of anti people policies...
You are making this comment from a place of ignorance.

It's not free food. It's discounted and you will see queue in many discount stores abroad too. People many other discount stores abroad to buy groceries aside queues at food banks.

Last time I checked, Hongkong and Canada are not at war.

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by ComputerWiz007: 2:34pm On Mar 19
Smh... Suffering and Smiling

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Ashawoman82: 2:34pm On Mar 19
tollyboy5:

You don't have to be angry over things done in Lagos for Lagos benefit.

This initiative is a good one
for common food eh, bro... Is it this bad?
Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by porthouse7(f): 2:34pm On Mar 19
FreeStuffsNG:
Awesome! Thank you OP for sharing.
Itesiwaju Ilu Eko ajumose gbogbo wa ni.
apart from igbo’s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN / Falling Naira: EFCC Raids Bureau De Change Firms / HILARIOUS: See What A Man Asked Jumia On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.