Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos (18044 Views)

Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat / Cost Of Buying A Land Around Ibadan And Oyo / Cost Of Buying A Duplex In Lagos| Brook Assets And Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Tealcrestmedia(m): 5:22pm On Mar 19
Thrash. A lot of people no longer find it appealing to buy and build in Lagos. Even if yiu build successfully, you are going to pay land use charge for the rest of your investment life. Smh

8 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by 190: 5:23pm On Mar 19
blacknp:
And do what there? Not even Helsinki Where Nnamdi Kanu lieutenant dey reside, but Lapland? na only oyibo & cold go full that kind place, thank you, but not for me brother man.

But finnish girls sweet grin

better than those nigerian girls with their red skin & eyes grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by steemlord: 5:23pm On Mar 19
TechCapon:
u made some valid points but you didn't give any real solution. I was speaking to a real estate developer in a bank the other day and he lamented how the process of getting governor's consent or C of O is so frustrating and can take years with so many corrupt officials in alausa who will collect money from clients and syphon it. Nigeria is a messed up place especially lagos angry
Nothing justifies these demolitions except the wicked heart of a black man. Most of these lands were acquired when those places are swampy and forests and these people developed it into estates only to come many years later and bring it down.
why not tell them to pay fines and make the whole process smooth and transparent before commencing demolition. Another thing also is that Lagos state govt is full of land grabbers, they move around choice estates and demolish houses only to allocated those same lands to themselves. Whether u have documents or not it doesn't matter. They'll still win you in court.

NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Chicagograduate(m): 5:23pm On Mar 19
PointZerom:

I have all the genuine documents but they came up that I didn't buy it from the rightful owners. That the land belongs to Alausa IKJ.

Not only me, more than 200 people are affected.
Holy Moses? Lagos State government and Politicians are the real land grabbers.

9 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by blacknp(m): 5:25pm On Mar 19
Angelfrost:
Sigh... See the beautiful and breathtaking building that was reduced to dust and stones...!

Damn!!!

...And the shocking and pathetic thing is that a lot of owners of such buildings don't have such properties in their states of origin, same way many of them have never thought of establishing businesses in their states of origin.
State of origin, or where you work & reside, which is more important?
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 5:25pm On Mar 19
Segun91:
This only happen when you cut corners .... If you have all the necessary paperwork no government can pull your house down ....

Never say never ....... If a connected person takes a shine to your land ........ In this Nigeria, anything can happen ........

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by blacknp(m): 5:26pm On Mar 19
Chicagograduate:
Holy Moses? Lagos State government and Politicians are the real land grabbers.
Don’t blame ignorance, you should have asked him pointzerom whether he did a legal search @ Alausa to find out the roots title of the land to find out if it was registered, before he purchased it?

4 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by PointZerom: 5:26pm On Mar 19
190:
Do people still want to live in lagos??

Why not move to lapland finland like me angry

Enjoy your cold.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by AfahaAbia(m): 5:27pm On Mar 19
I can never ever buy a property in Lagos. That's a suicide mission

9 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 5:27pm On Mar 19
meum:
Buying a house in Lagos is too risky.

Not only in Lagos...... It's happening in the east and the north........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by blacknp(m): 5:29pm On Mar 19
AfahaAbia:
I can never ever buy a property in Lagos. That's a suicide mission
Na because you no get the money.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by PointZerom: 5:29pm On Mar 19
blacknp:
Don’t blame ignorance, you should have asked him pointzerom whether he did a legal search @ Alausa to find out the roots title of the land?

Oga we did all that but I won't talk further because we're still in court.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by DystopianMuse(f): 5:29pm On Mar 19
PointZerom:

What you don't know is beyond you.

Dey play!!!!!!!! 🤡
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by DystopianMuse(f): 5:30pm On Mar 19
blacknp:
Na because you no get the money.
The werey even get money to buy bicycle Tyre talkless of a property on Lagos. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by PointZerom: 5:32pm On Mar 19
TechCapon:
u made some valid points but you didn't give any real solution. I was speaking to a real estate developer in a bank the other day and he lamented how the process of getting governor's consent or C of O is so frustrating and can take years with so many corrupt officials in alausa who will collect money from clients and syphon it. Nigeria is a messed up place especially lagos angry
Nothing justifies these demolitions except the wicked heart of a black man. Most of these lands were acquired when those places are swampy and forests and these people developed it into estates only to come many years later and bring it down.
why not tell them to pay fines and make the whole process smooth and transparent before commencing demolition. Another thing also is that Lagos state govt is full of land grabbers, they move around choice estates and demolish houses only to allocated those same lands to themselves. Whether u have documents or not it doesn't matter. They'll still win you in court.

They won't give u C of O, they will delay approval for dunkey years. I am fed up with them.

11 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by blacknp(m): 5:32pm On Mar 19
PointZerom:

Oga we did all that but I won't talk further because we're still in court.
Ok, so was the land registered in Alausa to the people that sold it to you.

If so, then you should win your case.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by DystopianMuse(f): 5:33pm On Mar 19
Lexusgs430:

Not only in Lagos...... It's happening in the east and the north........
It is risky everywhere as far as Naija is concerned but clowns trying to make it a Lagos affairs alone. A certain guy Brian Dennis Jones on Facebook has been dragging the people of Igbo-Etche for their notorious land grabbing and reselling an already sold land to another person. The issues have even been discussed on a national radio (Nigeria Info FM) but clowns only talk about Lagos. It's not a must to buy property in Lagos

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by 1Sharon(f): 5:36pm On Mar 19
190:

Who you be? angry

Mr Leamington Spa.

1 Like

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by DystopianMuse(f): 5:38pm On Mar 19
Clowns
DystopianMuse:

It is risky everywhere as far as Naija is concerned but clowns trying to make it a Lagos affairs alone. A certain guy Brian Dennis Jones on Facebook has been dragging the people of Igbo-Etche for their notorious land grabbing and reselling an already sold land to another person. The issues have even been discussed on a national radio (Nigeria Info FM) but clowns only talk about Lagos. It's not a must to buy property in Lagos

Dear Good people of Etche

It is not my intention to profile your people as Land Grabbers, Organ Harvesters and Kidnappers.

But there are some truths that must be told and I have told them. This landgrabbing is an issue that has affected so many innocent people but you people have not said or done anything.

A family member was recently affected and I decided to raise awareness that you people refused to do and instead of you people to support me, you instead turned it to an issue of personal attack.

I have received all manner of threats and insults in my comments and in my DMs from The people that have never threatened and insulted the land grabbers in their communities.

If any Etche person feels hurt about my posts for the past few days, it is nothing personal against you. But if you are angry, channel that anger against the land grabbers doing damage to your collective image.

As for me, my campaign message remains DO NOT BUY LAND IN IGBO ETCHE. © Brian Dennis Jones (Facebook)

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by victorbass1234: 5:41pm On Mar 19
SeniorStudent:
Good afternoon daddies, mummies, my brothers and sisters on Nairaland.

Please I need your help.

My name is Olaoluwa. I am 32 and an O-Level holder. I had a car accident last year, lost my job, and became jobless for months.

Please help me; I am seriously hungry. The last time I ate was Saturday evening, and it was my remaining

garri that I drank. I have not eaten any other food since Saturday evening other than the water that I have been drinking to gain some strength. I can no longer endure the hunger; my body is starting to shake. Please, my people, I am really sorry for begging, but it is just that I am starving to death. Please, someone should help me with something to eat, no matter the amount. I don't mind. I will always appreciate you. I am starving. I know things are very hard these days. Anything you have to spare, I would really appreciate.

I live at No. 26, Osuolale Street, Bode Olude, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

If you live near me, please invite me for lunch; I am dying of hunger. May you never lack the good things in life. Please have mercy on me and help me.

My phone number is 0 9 0 6 6 0 4 0 6 5 2

Please help me with any amount; #600 will do a lot for me at this time.

Please, my bank details are:

Access Bank PLC
0 0 2 4 8 6 9 3 2 3
My name is Olaoluwa

I want to sell my Vivo V3.

Price: 20k

Please if you live close to my street or around Bode Olude, Abeokuta, buy my phone. I need to buy food. I am beginning to feel pain in my stomach.

You never see this phone sell since last two months ? You been posting this copied and pared messages on Nairaland for months

4 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by 190: 5:43pm On Mar 19
1Sharon:

Mr Leamington Spa.

Who you? angry
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by sukkot: 5:43pm On Mar 19
That’s the thing, land is a living entity and it rejects people just as humans reject people. Land has all the periodic table elements humans are made off cuz we are ashes to ashes and dust to dust but it also has the spiritual programs that keep humans alive and so land is human. And so when the energy of an area changes you will see lots of people being evicted by the land because their energy no longer matches with the land. In Lagos the land is imbibing that orunmila energy again and now it is evicting those with the greed frequency . It’s embracing those with wisdom frequency

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by yewit37486: 5:43pm On Mar 19
SeniorStudent:
Good afternoon daddies, mummies, my brothers and sisters on Nairaland.

Please I need your help.

My name is Olaoluwa. I am 32 and an O-Level holder. I had a car accident last year, lost my job, and became jobless for months.

Can you stop this rubbish?! angry angry The time you are using to spam every post on frontpage, you would have used it to find something doing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by SeniorStudent(m): 5:44pm On Mar 19
victorbass1234:

You never see this phone sell since last two months ? You been posting this copied and pared messages on Nairaland for months

Please help me if you have the capacity, may God almighty continue to bless you and may He not put on you hardship that will make you beg. Ameen
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by SeniorStudent(m): 5:44pm On Mar 19
yewit37486:

Can you stop this rubbish?! angry angry The time you are using to spam every post on frontpage, you would have used it to find something doing.

I need help please.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by yewit37486: 5:44pm On Mar 19
victorbass1234:

Don't mind the silly guy, he and the other one Austin from Enugu that claims to be crippled and keep spamming posts all day are no different from scammers. People have sent money to them at different times yet they keep begging online daily.

1 Like

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by gtassure: 5:45pm On Mar 19
Segun91:
This only happen when you cut corners .... If you have all the necessary paperwork no government can pull your house down ....
You think it's easy to cut corners? Even legit process and cutting corners lead to same outcome in Lagos@
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by yewit37486: 5:46pm On Mar 19
SeniorStudent:

I need help please.

I can assure you I will keep reporting all your posts. Continue opening different accounts each day, they will keep getting banned.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by SeniorStudent(m): 5:47pm On Mar 19
yewit37486:

I can assure you I will keep reporting all your posts. Continue opening different accounts each day, they will keep getting banned.

May God almighty forgive you. Ameen
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by yewit37486: 5:48pm On Mar 19
SeniorStudent:

May God almighty forgive you. Ameen

Your emotional blackmail can not work on me, stop being a nuisance online!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rent Issue! / Best Quality Screeding Material In Nigeria / The New Phase Of Hillcrest Estate Sabon Lugbe, Abuja. Be A Landlord Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.