Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos (18006 Views)

Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat / Cost Of Buying A Land Around Ibadan And Oyo / Cost Of Buying A Duplex In Lagos| Brook Assets And Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Jeffy1206(m): 9:18pm On Mar 19
Forget jawe! Most don't engage lawyers and pay them well to carry out due search for any encumberance in the land...

2 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by PointZerom: 9:22pm On Mar 19
Prigidypogodo:
I rather share the money to street beggers than buy anything landed in Lagos.

Sometimes under ground settlements fit pass half of the money used to purchase the land.

1 Like

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by PointZerom: 9:23pm On Mar 19
RPG2020:

Where your friend dey work?

He imports hospital equipments etc.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by lawyer(m): 9:25pm On Mar 19
Procashtips:
Nice post.

Hello Lawyer, how safe is a land with these documents/titles:

(1) Freehold with preliminary survey
(2) Excision with registered Survey

Can you please respond?

Thanks

They are both good title documents but must be verified before you purchase them. smiley
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by softtorce: 9:25pm On Mar 19
You are such a lousy liar no need to say what tribe you are from.

I have been purchasing land in Lagos since I was in the university, this is over 15 years ago and buy land is the simplest thing to do once you are determined not to buy questionable land.

How your like come here to rubbish everything about Lagos is just crazy. How do you buy land without governor's consent in your right sense ? Are you born foolish ?! We are not talking of certificate of occupancy just governor consent of land you want to buy you can not buy a verified one but you have the audacity to come online n wail.

In your life have you ever gotten a land in Lagos through a lawyer, any lawyer at all even the crook lawyer n it turn out to be a fraudulent land that the govt will demolish ?

You chose to buy land from fools n fraudster only to come online to wail when your foolishness dawn on you.

TechCapon:
u made some valid points but you didn't give any real solution. I was speaking to a real estate developer in a bank e other day and he lamented how the process of getting governor's consent or C of O is so frustrating and can take years with so many corrupt officials in alausa who will collect money from clients and syphon it. Nigeria is a messed up place especially lagos angry
Nothing justifies these demolitions except the wicked heart of a black man. Most of these lands were acquired when those places are swampy and forests and these people developed it into estates only to come many years later and bring it down.
why not tell them to pay fines and make the whole process smooth and transparent before commencing demolition. Another thing also is that Lagos state govt is full of land grabbers, they move around choice estates and demolish houses only to allocated those same lands to themselves. Whether u have documents or not it doesn't matter. They'll still win you in court.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by softtorce: 9:32pm On Mar 19
If you are Igbo stop being foolish, before paying for any land go to lands to verify the documents. Make sure you buy land with coo always no other because when the fight start over land with such title you will be wailing.

I have bought land at Orchid before but made sure my lawyer ensure the Baale secretary n all those that matters in the community were video signing n collecting check.

When the trouble started the Baale spent 2 weeks in prison cos the prove of transaction was overwhelming to all. They had to beg for his release n never returned after that.

UHLmoving:
If you an igbo, when you get a land in Lagos, try not to spend too much in developing it. Take that money to Onitsha, Aba, Enugu to build your taste.

Turu ugo lota

1 Like

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by softtorce: 9:38pm On Mar 19
Till this hour I wonder how any living soul will drop 20 million on a land and not verify that he can sleeping peace over such purchase.

If one talk now some fools will be asking if you ever bought or own a land in Lagos.

Person will go n buy unverified landed property at ridiculous prices, when the trouble with such property start they will come online n start wailing.

How many land have a purchased in this same Lagos that not a single one as been taken over.

Segun91:
This only happen when you cut corners .... If you have all the necessary paperwork no government can pull your house down ....
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Sleekfingers: 9:40pm On Mar 19
SeniorStudent:

Please help me if you have the capacity, may God almighty continue to bless you and may He not put on you hardship that will make you beg. Ameen

Online Almajiri.....go find work do.....are you better than those Aboki doing kaya? Go carry load for nearby market. You go see plenty money chop.......lazy bone.

1 Like

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Sleekfingers: 9:42pm On Mar 19
airsaylongcome:

Getting the legitimate documents from Lagos State, especially for non-yoruba southerners is a game of Russian roulette

Follow the right channel. You will get the legitimate documents . ....
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Prigidypogodo(f): 10:08pm On Mar 19
PointZerom:

Sometimes under ground settlements fit pass half of the money used to purchase the land.
hmmm
una get mind ooo
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by folake4u(f): 10:27pm On Mar 19
Some people are cajoled by "real estate experts" to buy land at Epe not knowing some of those lands are owned by the military.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Chicagograduate(m): 10:50pm On Mar 19
victorDanladi:
The real lagos developers are still coming to wail,pour out their bitterness ,express their frustrations and play victims as usual!
What if that house been demonstrated belongs to you?
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Chicagograduate(m): 10:52pm On Mar 19
Sleekfingers:

Follow the right channel. You will get the legitimate documents . ....
So they followed the left channel.I know Lagos State government very well.No one can erect a building like that without government permit.
Ordinary gutter, Lagos State government will ask for permit.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by olalekan90(m): 10:54pm On Mar 19
190:
Do people still want to live in lagos??

Why not move to lapland finland like me angry
What is the best route?
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Chicagograduate(m): 10:54pm On Mar 19
softtorce:
Till this hour I wonder how any living soul will drop 20 million on a land and not verify that he can sleeping peace over such purchase.

If one talk now some fools will be asking if you ever bought or own a land in Lagos.

Person will go n buy unverified landed property at ridiculous prices, when the trouble with such property start they will come online n start wailing.

How many land have a purchased in this same Lagos that not a single one as been taken over.

Lagos State government is dubious and a land grabber.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Dundalk(m): 10:56pm On Mar 19
190:
Do people still want to live in lagos??

Why not move to lapland finland like me angry
are you not leaving in orlando..

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Chicagograduate(m): 11:01pm On Mar 19
afube:

Ndigbo don waka far oga! Go to Asaba,port Harcourt,Aba,Awka not to talk of Enugu...and see how we are tearing ground! Una feel say una dey do Ndigbo...you aint seen nothin yet!!
So Na the Aba made clothes wey dem dey sell them take dey build those houses abi dem dey run street?
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Truthshotcrazy: 11:28pm On Mar 19
🤔
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Tinububalls: 11:42pm On Mar 19
PointZerom:

I have all the genuine documents but they came up that I didn't buy it from the rightful owners. That the land belongs to Alausa IKJ.

Not only me, more than 200 people are affected.
Nwanne biko iga enyerem aka
Ihe obula.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Procashtips(m): 11:52pm On Mar 19
lawyer:

They are both good title documents but must be verified before you purchase them. smiley

Thank you very much.

So with the above documents, no need for C of O before building on them?
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by DrChukki: 12:45am On Mar 20
victorDanladi:
The real lagos developers are still coming to wail,pour out their bitterness ,express their frustrations and play victims as usual!

It's obvious your father is a useless man because I see no reason why they should born and slowpoke like you
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Danisaint112(m): 5:23am On Mar 20
FreestuffNG will not like this thread grin
Painment go occur at the site of this for the Lagos advertiser. grin
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by softtorce: 6:33am On Mar 20
Continue buying land from tout thinking Lagos state will grant you their land that was never sold to you. You will learn n will learn the hard way.

Chicagograduate:
Lagos State government is dubious and a land grabber.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Blitzking: 6:45am On Mar 20
Would have love to buy land in lagos but I no wanlose my money will rather buy govt built houses under my llc and put them out on rent yearly..but of late am hearing ppl clamouring for monthly payment in lagos cos of the economic situation but is it viable..can ppl afford to pay their rent monthly..its going to make ppl manipulate prices very easily..like I remember buying cement for 5400 and within 3 months it got to 13k. So u fit rent house 50 to 200k monthly depending on the area and prices for market dey increase you landlord increase am for 50k to 100k monthly with no remorse..
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by RPG2020(m): 7:32am On Mar 20
PointZerom:

He imports hospital equipments etc.

Nice one cool
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by NPFLADMIN(m): 7:34am On Mar 20
blacknp:
I can tell that you are an intellectual player, because game recognizes game, & €whores do to, but source of income, that I cannot disclose in an open forum on social media.

Only that an alumni of Corona School Victoria Island, has to know his way in the hood.

I'm guessing you don't do online help but can't you make an exception this one time?
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by alphaconde(m): 8:29am On Mar 20
UHLmoving:
If you an igbo, when you get a land in Lagos, try not to spend too much in developing it. Take that money to Onitsha, Aba, Enugu to build your taste.

Turu ugo lota

bring the glory home
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Gerrard59(m): 9:46am On Mar 20
airsaylongcome:

Getting the legitimate documents from Lagos State, especially for non-yoruba southerners is a game of Russian roulette

Interesting.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Gerrard59(m): 9:48am On Mar 20
RecentHistory:

Buy and build in Abia or Anambra. It is faster and easier to get documents.
Let's even see if they will sell land to you as an Enugu or Ebonyi man in Anambra.

Why do you believe he is Igbo? What if he is from Benue? Or even Edo or Kogi?7

When you were taught Social Studies in secondary school (assuming you went to a good school, attended classes and paid attention), did your teachers not teach you that there are over 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Sleekfingers: 10:42am On Mar 20
Chicagograduate:
So they followed the left channel.I know Lagos State government very well.No one can erect a building like that without government permit.
Ordinary gutter, Lagos State government will ask for permit.

I have worked in that ministry for close to 10 years . And I know , how things work. Follow the right channel and get your legitimate documents . Irrespective of where you came from......
But some of you just sit in the comfort of your house and be fishing out provocative comments .
If you have your legitimate documents. You will be duly compensated . It might take a little time.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Chicagograduate(m): 10:48am On Mar 20
Sleekfingers:

I have worked in that ministry for close to 10 years . And I know , how things work. Follow the right channel and get your legitimate documents . Irrespective of where you came from......
But some of you just sit in the comfort of your house and be fishing out provocative comments .
If you have your legitimate documents. You will be duly compensated . It might take a little time.
If someone want to follow the right channel you mentioned, you will hear things like "OGA no dey on sit.He travel.7years after,oga never returned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Building Collapses In Owerri; 5 People, Corp Member Feared Trapped (photos) / Setting Up A Real Estate Agent Outfit - What Are The Requirements Please. / The New Phase Of Hillcrest Estate Sabon Lugbe, Abuja. Be A Landlord Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.