Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,041 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos (18046 Views)

Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat / Cost Of Buying A Land Around Ibadan And Oyo / Cost Of Buying A Duplex In Lagos| Brook Assets And Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by blacknp(m): 5:49pm On Mar 19
190:

But finnish girls sweet grin

better than those nigerian girls with their red skin & eyes grin
Even when I dey Columbus Ohio, na only dudu babes me I dey follow, Oyibo no be my specs, so I can never live in a country like Finland.

The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice, na em Tupac Amaru Shakur tell us.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by TechCapon(m): 5:50pm On Mar 19
PointZerom:

They won't give u C of O, they will delay approval for dunkey years. I am fed up with them.
they do it intentionally

2 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by airsaylongcome: 5:50pm On Mar 19
Segun91:
This only happen when you cut corners .... If you have all the necessary paperwork no government can pull your house down ....

Getting the legitimate documents from Lagos State, especially for non-yoruba southerners is a game of Russian roulette

2 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by RecentHistory: 5:52pm On Mar 19
PointZerom:

I have all the genuine documents but they came up that I didn't buy it from the rightful owners. That the land belongs to Alausa IKJ.

Not only me, more than 200 people are affected.

You bought government committed land.
Did you have a surveyor visit the site to obtain physical coordinates of the land before paying for it?
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by RecentHistory: 5:53pm On Mar 19
airsaylongcome:

Getting the legitimate documents from Lagos State, especially for non-yoruba southerners is a game of Russian roulette

Big lie.
How are those developers in Lekki getting Governor's Consent?
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by RecentHistory: 5:54pm On Mar 19
TechCapon:
they do it intentionally

Buy and build in Abia or Anambra. It is faster and easier to get documents.
Let's even see if they will sell land to you as an Enugu or Ebonyi man in Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by jetson06: 5:55pm On Mar 19
Lies from the pit of Hell. Most houses that get demolished have all the complete documents. We are under toxic Governance by a dog named Babajide Sanwo Olu.

6 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by 190: 5:55pm On Mar 19
blacknp:
Even when I dey Columbus Ohio, na only dudu babes me I dey follow, Oyibo no be my specs, so I can never live in a country like Finland.

The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice, na em Tupac Amaru Shakur tell us.

olodo grin
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by blacknp(m): 5:55pm On Mar 19
airsaylongcome:

It has nothing to do with tribe, The Government is only after their money, so do your legal search, get your paper work in order, & pay for the governor’s Consent, let the grant, take whenever it likes, a deemed grant, is as good as an actual grant.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by NPFLADMIN(m): 5:57pm On Mar 19
blacknp:
Na because you no get the money.

Shey you, you get money to build house 4 lagos?
I no dey talk of small house ooo(just asking
I no dey pick fight)
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by airsaylongcome: 5:57pm On Mar 19
RecentHistory:

Big lie.
How are those developers in Lekki getting Governor's Consent?

How many of those "developers" buildings have been torn down by the Lagos State Government?

How many of those "developers" have documents when they start building. Been interested in buying a house. Two different developments I've taken things further with when I ask for docs they chicken out. How are they starting to build without LASBCA documents?
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by blacknp(m): 5:58pm On Mar 19
190:

olodo grin
Na jonsing you dey Jones for Lapland, if not you should be more refined than to be calling someone on Nairaland olodo?

Even Oyibo around you, no fit refine you? You can carry the bushman away from the Bush, but you can not remove the Bush from the man.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by xandy84: 6:01pm On Mar 19
What you are saying is the real problem we face as a Nigerian. Building on a wet/swamp land will cost you your freedom, and you will pay the fees to return the land to very state in US. Ronaldinho was sentenced to 2 years for building on a protected land in Brazil. Nigeria government only demolished houses without arresting and sending people who build on such land to jail, but if you do that in other countries, you will end up in jail.
It is not the duty of government to do your findings for you, it is your duty to make sure to protect you biggest assets. Government does not tell you what car to buy, while do they tell you where to build a house?
We always assume we can get away with things as a Nigerian and when things does not go our way, we claim the victim. Every land are marked and a simple research will show if such land is wet land and not allow for building so other purposes.
Buying the most expensive thing in our lives should include diligent findings and not buy and ask questions later.

TechCapon:
u made some valid points but you didn't give any real solution. I was speaking to a real estate developer in a bank the other day and he lamented how the process of getting governor's consent or C of O is so frustrating and can take years with so many corrupt officials in alausa who will collect money from clients and syphon it. Nigeria is a messed up place especially lagos angry
Nothing justifies these demolitions except the wicked heart of a black man. Most of these lands were acquired when those places are swampy and forests and these people developed it into estates only to come many years later and bring it down.
why not tell them to pay fines and make the whole process smooth and transparent before commencing demolition. Another thing also is that Lagos state govt is full of land grabbers, they move around choice estates and demolish houses only to allocated those same lands to themselves. Whether u have documents or not it doesn't matter. They'll still win you in court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by blacknp(m): 6:02pm On Mar 19
NPFLADMIN:

Shey you, you get money to build house 4 lagos?
I no dey talk of small house ooo(just asking
I no dey pick fight)
My money never correct, na VI, or Ikoyi be my target.

1 Like

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by blacknp(m): 6:07pm On Mar 19
xandy84:
What you are saying is the real problem we face as a Nigerian. Building on a wet/swamp land will cost you your freedom, and you will pay the fees to return the land to very state in US. Ronaldinho was sentenced to 2 years for building on a protected land in Brazil. Nigeria government only demolished houses without arresting and sending people who build on such land to jail, but if you do that in other countries, you will end up in jail.
It is not the duty of government to do your findings for you, it is your duty to make sure to protect you biggest assets. Government does not tell you what car to buy, while do they tell you where to build a house?
We always assume we can get away with things as a Nigerian and when things does not go our way, we claim the victim. Every land are marked and a simple research will show if such land is wet land and not allow for building so other purposes.
Buying the most expensive thing in our lives should include diligent findings and not buy and ask questions later.

Damn See person with insight.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by RecentHistory: 6:08pm On Mar 19
airsaylongcome:

How many of those "developers" buildings have been torn down by the Lagos State Government?

How many of those "developers" have documents when they start building. Been interested in buying a house. Two different developments I've taken things further with when I ask for docs they chicken out. How are they starting to build without LASBCA documents?

You are asking a criminal why he's committing a crime without being caught.

I just got one recently,near second toll gate. The man waited to get his Consent sorted out before starting to build. Man was from outside Lagos. Igbo man. Everything checks out.

The ones in Lagos will build without approval and sell to those too ignorant to do necessary checks. They will now start opening their oversized teeth to cry that LASG is demolishing houses of their tribesmen.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by NPFLADMIN(m): 6:11pm On Mar 19
blacknp:

Complete?

You even get money to build house for VI and Ikoyi?
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by TechCapon(m): 6:16pm On Mar 19
xandy84:

if it's a crime as you said so why are the government people allocating those same lands to themselves. Go to happyland estate, all the swampy lands have been shared to government officials.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 6:18pm On Mar 19
PointZerom:

This house is pako to my friend's house demolished in Ajao estate. Even the operator initially refused to demolish it.

Haaaa.... God!!! I'm just speechless, Boss. embarassed
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by CrownWale93(m): 6:19pm On Mar 19
Check my signature for my contact details.

I have genuine and problem free properties available for sale in Magboro, Arepo, Mowe, ofada, Sagamu, interchange and their axis.

All in Ogun state, Lagos-ibadan expressway.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by rafcrown(m): 6:19pm On Mar 19
We are wicked people.Simple.
We love to destroy.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Benez: 6:20pm On Mar 19
Dejarae:
Still doesn’t justify the act of wickedness. I’m not even sure it’s the houses of yorubas they’re bulldozing

So, the buildings being demolished by Soludo in Anambra belong to Yorubas too.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by Way4orward: 6:21pm On Mar 19
Just because Tinubu loss Lagos during the last election.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by xandy84: 6:21pm On Mar 19
Not all swampy land are protected but the biggest issue here is house is likely to be your biggest investment and it's your responsibility to make sure you did not buy or build on land that is protected. That is a simple logic.

TechCapon:
if it's a crime as you said so why are the government people allocating those same lands to themselves. Go to happyland estate, all the swampy lands have been shared to government officials.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by caleboxylic: 6:21pm On Mar 19
There are foolish igbos that are still buying property in Lagos.
Buy property for commercial purposes only in Lagos as such will give you room to recoup your investment before any bracadabra from the state government.

I hope the igbos have learnt.

Buy for only commercial purposes.

1 Like

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by blacknp(m): 6:22pm On Mar 19
NPFLADMIN:

Complete?

You even get money to build house for VI and Ikoyi?
I fit buy house for mainland, or even Lekki axis, na VI or Ikoyi were I grow up, I wan buy house.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by blacknp(m): 6:24pm On Mar 19
caleboxylic:
There are foolish igbos that are still buying property in Lagos.
Buy property for commercial purposes only in Lagos as such will give you room to recoup your investment before any bracadabra from the state government.

I hope the igbos have learnt.

Buy for only commercial purposes.
Na poor person way no get, dey reason like you.

So when my money done correct make I no buy property for Ozumba Mbadiwe for Vi, or Raymond Njoku for Ikoyi abi?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by NPFLADMIN(m): 6:26pm On Mar 19
blacknp:

BROS!!!

You dey whine me?
VI is 1.1M per square meter while Ikoyi is 1.3M per square meter.

You sure say na this place una dey target?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by blacknp(m): 6:33pm On Mar 19
NPFLADMIN:

BROS!!!

You dey whine me?
VI is 1.1M per square meter while Ikoyi is 1.3M per square meter.

You sure say na this place una dey target?
When we dey South Beach Miami, Rick Ross admonished us, 100 million or more, is the mentality.

So called Eko Atlantic along Ahmedu Bello way, wey them dey shout about today, bought by the Chaugorys & Tinubu, na bar beach/Apese where we dey go smoke indo as teenagers.

Victoria Island, Ikoyi is the hood, we are not intimidated.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by caleboxylic: 6:34pm On Mar 19
blacknp:
Na poor person way no get, dey reason like you.

So when my money done correct make I no buy property for Ozumba Mbadiwe for Vi, or Raymond Njoku for Ikoyi abi?

How much do you have? If you are an Igbo man, buy property for commercial purposes only.

I'm sure you aren't better anyway.
Re: Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos by NPFLADMIN(m): 6:37pm On Mar 19
blacknp:
When we dey South Beach Miami, Rick Ross admonished us, 100 million or more, is the mentality.

So called Eko Atlantic along Ahmedu Bello way, wey them dey shout about today, bought by the Chaugorys & Tinubu, na bar beach/Apese where we dey go smoke indo as teenagers.

Victoria Island, Ikoyi is the hood, we are not intimidated.

Bros no vex ooo but wetin be una source of living?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Best Quality Screeding Material In Nigeria / The New Phase Of Hillcrest Estate Sabon Lugbe, Abuja. Be A Landlord Now! / Rent Issue!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.