Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,008 members, 7,810,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) (14934 Views)

Dates For School Resumptions In States In Nigeria / Why Are School Children Not Repeating Classes Again? / Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by fiercehillz(m): 8:50pm On Mar 19
SHINJA:

Bcus they have very little population..

This data is in percentage and not numbers.

Shalom!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:50pm On Mar 19
Emilokan miscreants avoided this thread cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by ambale(m): 8:55pm On Mar 19
The north is just so useless when it comes to anything positive

Education no
Security no
Just grab power that's all they know and bambiala everywhere

Their governors needs to develop a unique strategy to tackle all these stuffs

Now we see why banditry and all other terrorists act have been growing over there
Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by MT: 8:59pm On Mar 19
Villa12:
it will always be unreliable once it didn't favour your myopic brain. I am also a Yoruba guy like you but you seriously need to stop being tribalistic for once and give ciser what belongs to ciser. Igbo men are very much industrious and hard-working than we Yoruba men. Igbo men hardly marry more than one wife and they do take good care of their wives and children compare to Yoruba men. Igbo illiterates can still communicate in English compare to Yoruba illiterates. Igbo has good delicacy more than Yoruba. Igbo married women are not that loosed compare to Yoruba married women. Igbos are more cleaner than we yorubas.

Check my chat history and you'd realized that i am a full fletched unbiased Yoruba guy

I doubt you are normal.

What has asking for the data source has to do with being tribal ?.

Some people's brain are running anti clockwise per second.

2 Likes

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Jcoleworld911: 8:59pm On Mar 19
lagosrd:
The statistics is as important as what are the states governments doing to help the children get out of school. What programs do they have in place apart from what the FG is doing. None

Anambra state under this current administration headed by prof Charles Soludo declared free educational from nursery to secondary school in Anambra state so far it’s a government school

2 Likes

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by dman4mdmoon(m): 9:03pm On Mar 19
Who counted them? Do we have valid data in Nigeria?
Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Jcoleworld911: 9:05pm On Mar 19
mrvitalis:
Honestly South East Governors need to declare a state of emergency on education

Smhh
Anambra state under prof Charles Soludo declared free education in Anambra state

Other southeast should follow suit especially Ebonyi and Enugu
Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by FreedomArmy: 9:05pm On Mar 19
treatise:

Money can't singly change the narrative but combination of factors such as deliberate orientation cum political will, money and others.
you are right my brother. When your mentors are men like MC olomo what do you expect. Children beginning to learn very early that thuggery pays more than education

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by fredpeter(m): 9:06pm On Mar 19
FreedomArmy:
With their huge igr bigger than all alaigbo there should be no out of school children from oyo
It's political so that more intervention funds would go to the north
Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by endy69: 9:12pm On Mar 19
SHINJA:

It is based on percentage and not number oga. Dey reason na abi you no go school?

3 Likes

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by siant: 9:15pm On Mar 19
richiemcgold:
Ondo is gradually losing that penchant for quality education. So many kids in the streets these days when they should be in school. Education should be free at the Primary/Basic level, similar to what Adefarati and Mimiko did. I'm not happy with this 13.8% at all.
Primary education is free across the nation. It is universal basic education which has been launched since the time of Obasanjo.
It is Free and compulsory education. It is now left to states to implement it by punishing any parent whose child is roaming the street when they are supposed to be in school.

2 Likes

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Dpharisee: 9:15pm On Mar 19
SHINJA:

You must be an out of school sidren for you not to understand the meaning and application of percentages cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by mrvitalis(m): 9:21pm On Mar 19
Jcoleworld911:

Smhh
Anambra state under prof Charles Soludo declared free education in Anambra state

Other southeast should follow suit especially Ebonyi and Enugu
Free education has never been the issue almost all schools have free education
Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by richiemcgold: 9:25pm On Mar 19
siant:
Primary education is free across the nation. It is universal basic education which has been launched since the time of Obasanjo.
It is Free and compulsory education. It is now left to states to implement it by punishing any parent whose child is roaming the street when they are supposed to be in school.

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Panda7(m): 9:27pm On Mar 19
without any data you just brought us this information? Data from public schools can't be accurate as most students move on to private schools
Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by TariDisemi300: 9:46pm On Mar 19
DiscoverID:
Another aba made statistics. Spits on the thread
shattap, but you believe other statistics when it favors yall. My state too dey lag behind, it’s an issue that needs to be fixed. Stop living in denial

4 Likes

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Mindlog: 9:51pm On Mar 19
MT:

Everything has to go tribal way with you folks,

I was actually asking where they were getting data.

Can we rely on ANY data including that of National Bureau of Statistics?

Data in Nigeria are mostly unreliable. We all know it.

Reliable data would have greatly helped this country but hell no, they keep manufacturing data, which is counter productive.

Is there any linkage between Anambra and Imo being the 2 States with the lowest out of school children, also being the top 2 States' cut off-marks in National Common entrance examination?

3 Likes

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Zeebuy: 9:58pm On Mar 19
Villa12:
do you need a data to know that an average abokis cannot string two or three words together to make a sentence? Do you need a data to know that uneducated Yoruba folks hardly communicate in English or pidgin? Do you need a data to know that an uneducated Yoruba cannot communicate in English or pigin?

I never knew there are folks who can't make a complete sentence in English until I went for my NYSC in Ogun waterside. I was shocked, it's something I had never witnessed during my years in the East. Even my late grandma spoke pidgin without formal education but there I witnessed young men who spoke only Yoruba. Not even the main Yoruba, the ijebu dialect which I later discovered not all Yorubas even understand well

6 Likes

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Ngorbungor(m): 10:03pm On Mar 19
Villa12:
do you need a data to know that an average abokis cannot string two or three words together to make a sentence? Do you need a data to know that uneducated Yoruba folks hardly communicate in English or pidgin? Do you need a data to know that an uneducated Yoruba cannot communicate in English or pigin?

I experienced this first hand when I visited Ogbomosho in Oyo state 5 years ago, it was so terrible

4 Likes

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by PaulH07: 10:11pm On Mar 19
Cindypresh:

I saw some parts of Lagos the last time I was there, I cried.

Even Ogun state too, may God help this country.

Which parts of Lagos abeg?
Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Advocate500: 10:18pm On Mar 19
The more ineffective leaders they produce, the more stupid they become.

3 Likes

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Absuchat(m): 10:20pm On Mar 19
SHINJA:

One of the out of school children is now on nairaland 🤣

2 Likes

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Uncletony(m): 10:36pm On Mar 19
SHINJA:

We are dealing with % not arbitrary numbers. Ode go to school. Sophisticated morons everywhere!

5 Likes

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:05pm On Mar 19
MT:

I doubt you are normal.

What has asking for the data source has to do with being tribal ?.

Some people's brain are running anti clockwise per second.

Go to globaldatalab.org you will get a reasonable data on Nigeria
Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Sunrise258: 11:06pm On Mar 19
FreedomArmy:
With their huge igr bigger than all alaigbo there should be no out of school children from oyo

If survey was based on state of origin instead of residence, we would have known the real scores. Akwa Ibom state has the highest drop outs in Southern Nigeria but they're scattered across southern states, mostly Lagos and PH.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Cosbyrich: 11:06pm On Mar 19
FreedomArmy:
Immigrants from other states and yours were counted.

1 Like

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Cosbyrich: 11:12pm On Mar 19
LagosFirstSon:
God will continue to bless the south east states

The south east is doing well unlike Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Osun states .
All those states are more educated than the SE states.They have larger populations especially migrants even from your region and the stats was talking about percentage.
Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by frankoben(m): 11:13pm On Mar 19
Imo state 5.1%

We dey go school and we get sense, glory be to Jah Jehovah...

2 Likes

Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Cindypresh(f): 11:20pm On Mar 19
PaulH07:

Which parts of Lagos abeg?

Epe up to Ogun border
Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by PaulH07: 11:22pm On Mar 19
Cindypresh:

Epe up to Ogun border

Hmmm, thank you. Going there to have some cheap fun with their girls angry
Re: Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) by Cindypresh(f): 11:25pm On Mar 19
PaulH07:

Hmmm, thank you. Going there to have some cheap fun with their girls angry

Gini? Pls leave girls...go with your fellow gender and have your cheap fun🙄

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Biodun Ogunyemi: Some Lecturers Not Qualified To Be In Varsities / My 2015/2016 WAEC Experience / "Give the Polytechnics a Chance", says UNILAG Professor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.