Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal (26039 Views)

10 Things Guys Say When Caught Cheating / When A Girl Is Caught Cheating / Annoying Replies When Caught Cheating. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by yme1(f): 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2011
jamace:

This is what happened and will happen again:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-784515.128.html
I so dont agree to that law tho in this case its right cheesy cheesy
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2011
@ OP
Interesting story, but the denouement was rather anti-climactic.
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by MrChuks1(m): 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2011
WOW! Lots of comments. To tell you the truth, I’m here on NL trying to pass away time and let go of the grief in my heart. To the poster that thinks this is a script, you are very wrong though life is a stage and we all are actors on that stage.
She returned after three hours and immediately started packing up her things. I didn’t say a word. When she was done, she told me she was leaving and would be staying with her childhood friend for a while. I kept mute, walked her to the door, wished her the best and that was it.
Deep down in my heart, I know she will return but my accepting her back would depend on my state of mind at that time, any commitment I might have made to another person and if she has really changed. Well, DEUCES to her for now.
I finally had to talk to two close friends of mine and they have said same with majority of the posters here- MOVE ON.
I am a gentleman (God bless my mother who raised me up and taught me how to live right) and I choose to remain this way despite the society in which I find myself. One of my favourite quotes by Sir Winston Churchill is
“The only guide to man is his conscience; the only shield to his memory is the rectitude and sincerity of his actions. It is very imprudent to walk through life without this shield, because we are so often mocked by the failure of our hopes and the upsetting of our calculations; but with this shield, however the fates may play, we march always in the ranks of honour”
Thank you all for your time and advice. It really helped. For now, I need to keep myself busy to flush out memories of the past four years.
God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by Acidosis(m): 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2011
Let me wait for the next dunce that will tell me its bad for lovers to share their facebook passwords. Privacy my foot
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by Ascony(m): 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2011
Do you understand English? where have I said he shouldn't forgive her?. Forgive her and move on without her. I am a woman and no sane woman will mess up a 4 year relationship just like that without infidelity involved, she is loved by his family and she decided to mess up? only a stoopid woman will make that mistake.

Are you for real at the bolded? Even I can cry from now till tomorrow without feeling any remorse Cheesy Cheesy Grin. Her tears are tears of confusion as to if she has done the right thing by cheating and goofing at the same time. Wink. She was expecting him to be the one begging her but things turned out differently. She cannot eat her cake and have it Cool

I am a woman and wouldn't support that silly behaviour from a fellow woman

What do you know about women or tears?  Undecided I can see another mugu 1 in the making Tongue

she didn't walk away to submit to the other guy because she knows deep down that she is going back to him FULL TIME so whats the point rushing it up

but she will regret her action on the long run because i don't see any sane woman wasting 4 farking years in a relationship all because she meant a new friend and bla bla bla  Undecided

if crying and begging isnt a sign of repentance/remorse, what else do u expect someone  to do to show she is sorry??  how else can she show that she regrets her actions?? i just dnt understand u girls, someone made a mistake and now she is begging for forgiveness and u still think its fake, wat else do u expect the poor girl to do to show her remorse? angry

anyway we can all argue here forever, we still dont know the reality and we are not in the girl's mind,  maybe she is faking, maybe she is real, we didnt see it happen in order to discern the truth of the matter

@OP, am baffled by her recent action of packing up her bags immediately, maybe its an advice from that her childhood friend, i expected her to continue begging at least to prove her deep remorse, but who knows, the story is not yet over, just keep us posted on any new development,
Goodluck nwanne wink
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by 195(f): 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2011
Mr. Chuks:

WOW! Lots of comments. To tell you the truth, I’m here on NL trying to pass away time and let go of the grief in my heart. To the poster that thinks this is a script, you are very wrong though life is a stage and we all are actors on that stage.
She returned after three hours and immediately started packing up her things. I didn’t say a word. When she was done, she told me she was leaving and would be staying with her childhood friend for a while. I kept mute, walked her to the door, wished her the best and that was it.
Deep down in my heart, I know she will return but my accepting her back would depend on my state of mind at that time, any commitment I might have made to another person and if she has really changed. Well, DEUCES to her for now.
I finally had to talk to two close friends of mine and they have said same with majority of the posters here- MOVE ON.
I am a gentleman (God bless my mother who raised me up and taught me how to live right) and I choose to remain this way despite the society in which I find myself. One of my favourite quotes by Sir Winston Churchill is
“The only guide to man is his conscience; the only shield to his memory is the rectitude and sincerity of his actions. It is very imprudent to walk through life without this shield, because we are so often mocked by the failure of our hopes and the upsetting of our calculations; but with this shield, however the fates may play, we march always in the ranks of honour”
Thank you all for your time and advice. It really helped. For now, I need to keep myself busy to flush out memories of the past four years.
God bless you.

So indeed she really came back and packed her tins

My God - what is happening to our girls

4YEARS - Lord have mercy

Let me see any body that would hush me from not SWEARING AT INSOLENT HOME BASED NIGERIANS GIRLS like this

This is what im always complaining of, NIGERIAN Girls esp below 25 are not serious, they are not ready they are NOT RIPE

I think i mite as well get married to a lady of 45 if it would give me rest of mind,

OP take heart - i sincerely dont know what that guy has done or given her

Talk to her family bout it too, maybe they mite try getting her back

No wrong choice, dont talk to them - drink, cry, carry ashawo, do anything to make u forget

Stay close to your family this moment - you'gon need them now more than ever

Good lord!!

May such not be my portion (although my case is almost similar to yours - but we tenk God)

I moved  on and found my princess (profile pic) and today we 11months old with no issues so far
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by Idowuogbo(f): 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2011
Poster like I sed u a gentleman indeed , ur friends aren't crazy telling you to let go.U are luved and some1 out dere values you.She came back to pack you say!!!  shocked shocked shocked  without bringing an elderly person  to convince u she meant d tears in d office, dats says a lot dear. I hope you find d strength to move on , judging from your posts u seem calm and collective dats d spirit u need now soldier smiley
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by Odunnu: 3:48pm On Nov 15, 2011
Pheew! That was close mahn! You almost got married to another man's wife.
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by chines4(m): 3:54pm On Nov 15, 2011
Odunnu:

Pheew! That was close mahn! You almost got married to another man's wife.

Don't say that, she is undecided, yet
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by Johnnymoh: 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2011
Just back out, nothing can cause her to change her mind at this time cos for her to have rejected you (intimacy and kisses) it means she had really adapted to her new guy.

Move on and start the process of looking for your wife.
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by sicily4u: 4:00pm On Nov 15, 2011
@poster are you for real ? 8months with out job, and finally u got one and resign to work in ur fathers company, why not work in ur fathers company earlier, tell this story to kids

1 Like

Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by coogar: 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2011
Mr. Chuks:

My story sad:

I have been dating my current girlfriend for four years now. I started dating her in my final year in school and it has been wonderful all the way. I love her very much and she used to love me too. I must confess, she has been exceptional. We have been through it all. I'm from a very humble background and she is from same, but despite the challenges we faced, we always pulled through. My whole family (nuclear and extended) know her and her name is a brand name in my family house.

I finally got a job in April this year after eight months of searching. It was not a very fantastic job, but the pay was okay. It was in an industry entirely different from my background (I studied engineering) but I decided to take it and make a career out of it. Unfortunately, this was not to be. The job required that I work Mondays to Sundays and often closing late hours (10pm, 11pm) or sleeping over at the office to meet a deadline. I tried to adjust to the culture but it was difficult. This affected most of my relationships as my friends complained I never kept in touch and my girlfriend did too (though I used to call her almost everyday in the week). I guess she felt it more because she was serving then and had more idle time. I couldn't keep up with the midnight calls, daily calls, etc. But I ensured I spoke to her often and never failed in my financial obligations.

Things at my place of work took a different toll two months ago and I realized I couldn't continue anymore. I weighed my options and opted to join my father at his company. That way, I would be able to earn more and have more time to myself. One of the secondary reasons I decided to resign was also because I wanted to have more time for my girlfriend and my other male friends (some of which had already given up on me).

I called her up and told her my plans and she said it was fine, as far as it would make me happy. I then pleaded with her to come to see me in Lagos so we could spend time together. She stalled for a few weeks and finally showed up. But she had changed. She expressed her unhappiness at the poor communication within the past month and I apologized and promised it would never happen. She kept mentioning it every now and then and I kept apologizing and trying to appease her. She told me she didn't feel anything for me anymore (this shocked me because we never had any issue and the poor communication was for just a few weeks). I explained to her that the relationship was not founded based on feelings neither was it feelings that sustained it for the past four years. I told her I understood and I was glad we could finally work things out.

Unfortunately, the worst was yet to come. She never allowed me touch her and even attempt to kiss me and whenever I asked why, she said the feelings were not there and that "like you said, they would come back with time". She later told me she was going to spend a few days with a childhood friend (known very well by me) and would be back after three days. I gave her some money, she left and never called. I had to call her later that day (since I hadn't heard from her) and her excuse for not letting me know she had arrived was that she didn't have airtime. Like the patient man that I am, I understood. The next day, she didn't still call and same with the third. When I called to ask when she would be back, she told me she was going to stay an extra day. Though I had missed her, I gave my consent and she returned the next day.

Even after she returned, her attitude didn't change but I decided to give her time. I returned from work today, picked up my system to do some homework and coincidentally, her facebook page was still open and a chat window with the guy (I noticed a particular guy used to call almost everyday) was opened. I read through the chat and what I saw still baffles me. In a nutshell, she is dating the guy, he knows about me, they have been making out (not sure about intimate intercourse) and she was even at his place during the three days she claimed to have been with her childhood friend.

What pains me most is that I was going to propose to her tomorrow. I have bought the ring, planned it all out with my siblings and close friends and was happily waiting for the moment. Heartbroken, sad, and angered, I called her, told her my findings, and gave her till tomorrow to decide if she wants to be with me or not. If I don't get a response, I'm calling it off.

It's painful. Four years of hoping, believing and staying committed. Four years of waiting till she says YES. Four years!

At this point, I have become totally insensitive to anything. As dawn approaches, I await her response. I have made up my mind that if she says she wants to be with me, and is remorseful about her actions, I will forgive her but we will need to go back to the drawing board. If she wants out, I will give her 2hrs to get out of my apartment! If she doesn't say anything, I will call it off and tell her to leave.

I await dawn  angry

i am not even surprised about this story.

most naija babes going for nysc are sheisty snakes. . . .and snakes should be put to sleep!
let her go, she's slept with the other dude!
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by MrChuks1(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2011
@ sicily, well its your choice to believe or not to believe but that doesn't change the fact that I did.
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by Vickivicki(m): 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2011
sicily4u:

@poster are you for real ? 8months with out job, and finally u got one and resign to work in your fathers company, why not work in your fathers company earlier, tell this story to kids

i tire for you o some dudes are like that they want to try and be their own man,nothing more.

@Mr. Chuks

Forgive her and forget her,10/10 shikena.
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by expert555: 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2011
Please leave her alone. Don't bother with her let her move on.
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2011
poster can decide to listen to his dykk or his head. You can take her back honey, but prepare yourself with the fact that she might make you pay for all of these not now but after marriage.

A girl that is truly remorseful will camp outside your house until you forgive her. When I offend my husband with my big mouth, I sms him or go look for hhim@ work and apologise, and if we are home, I really apologise.

Truth is, she's more concerned as to whether she made the right decision by cheating on you and wanting to be with the other guy, shes more concerned for her future. I dont know how you will even want a girl that told you she has no feelings for you, are you so desperate?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by Maximip(m): 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2011
coogar:

let her go, she's slept with the other dude!

As in, that is exactly what happened.

jennykadry:

poster can decide to listen to his dykk or his head. You can take her back honey, but prepare yourself with the fact that she might make you pay for all of these not now but after marriage.

A girl that is truly remorseful will camp outside your house until you forgive her. When I offend my husband with my big mouth, I sms him or go look for hhim@ work and apologise, and if we are home, I really apologise.

Truth is, she's more concerned as to whether she made the right decision by cheating on you and wanting to be with the other guy, shes more concerned for her future. I dont know how you will even want a girl that told you she has no feelings for you, are you so desperate?

Left to me, it won't even get to this level. Would have called it off like 6 months earlier. She'll be wondering why not knowing I
have seen the future already.
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by coogar: 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2011
jennykadry:

don't mind them.
some naija men are pussi[i]e[/i]s. . . .

in the next 5 yrs, this same guy would come with another story that he has just discovered his 5 children belong to another man!
a snake is a snake. if she apologises now, she is capable of doing worse later.

1 Like

Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by AfroBlue(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2011
Keep waiting sucker.

She done hired a new joystick.
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by gentlegg(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2011
All this 4, 6, 8, even 15yrs relationships? Even when still in school? Am yet to fathom that. And most of them will jump ship when they grow up to realities of life. If you are not yet READY for marriage, why all these years of relationships and fiance(e)? I can only support relationship when you are READY to marry and searching, and it definitely does not need years.

@Poster
Broken relationship is better than broken marriage, so go give God thanksgiving.
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by kaydkay(m): 4:45pm On Nov 15, 2011
@Poster,
Correct decision, When my Ex decided it was over, I had enuff courage not to beg or plead.

She was a bit baffled cos she didnt expect me just give up on her like that without a fight (read my earlier post).

This happened like 3yrs ago.

She is gone, dont call, delete her number from ur phone, move on with ur life. Trust me there is a girl out dr waiting for u.

Trust me, it works, I have bin married ova a yr now with a lovely baby to add to it and I kip thanking God that she broke up with me every time I luk at my wife and baby.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by godman01(m): 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2011
That's painful, but its better you leave her now than when already married.
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by Skii(m): 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2011
Gaddamn (panting) I missed out on all the action fa,

Amazing how fast you have to read through to catch up

Well poster even though the drama is over and though I almost overwhelmingly agree that you should move on, one tiny bit stll says that you should demonstrate maturity for the girl(assuming you are older). what she has with the other guy are just emotions. Feelings that can die with time. Love is different. It embraces forgiveness and keeps no record of wrong doing. If she was unfaithful and you were faithful, big deal. Most of us cheat on Jesus! (assuming you are a christian). Do what you must though. Goodluck Best of luck!!
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by coogar: 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2011
Skii:

Well poster even though the drama is over and though I almost overwhelmingly agree that you should move on, one tiny bit stll says that you should demonstrate maturity for the girl(assuming you are older). what she has with the other guy are just emotions. Feelings that can die with time. Love is different. It embraces forgiveness and keeps no record of wrong doing. If she was unfaithful and you were faithful, big deal. Most of us cheat on Jesus! (assuming you are a christian). Do what you must though. Goodluck Best of luck!!

in his shoes, you would take the back the girl? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by 195(f): 5:20pm On Nov 15, 2011
Skii:

Well poster even though the drama is over and though I almost overwhelmingly agree that you should move on, one tiny bit stll says that you should demonstrate maturity for the girl(assuming you are older). [size=18pt]what she has with the other guy are just emotions. Feelings that can die with time. Love is different. It embraces forgiveness and keeps no record of wrong doing. If she was unfaithful and you were faithful, big deal. Most of us cheat on Jesus! (assuming you are a christian). Do what you must though. Goodluck Best of luck!![/[/size]quote]

[size=18pt]BUYAKA!!- THANK YOU [/size]
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by Skii(m): 5:25pm On Nov 15, 2011
coogar:

in his shoes, you would take the back the girl? shocked shocked shocked

YES!! wink
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by coogar: 5:26pm On Nov 15, 2011
Skii:

YES!! wink

very good!

now i know why girls continue to be immoral in nigeria.
men like you aid and abet their shameful acts.

1 Like

Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by pendo89(f): 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2011
you v received a lot of responses and I believe you can work with that.
I would like to encourage you however with this.
Some things happen in our lives for a purpose.Dont mind the 4 years. look at what God spared you from by her action. Years of unfaithfulness, deceit and turmoil.
The pain of betrayal you feel now is just a phase .With time you will heal.Sorround yourselves with positive friends,family,keep busy in career,hobbies and soon you will meet new friends.
You say she could come again? Tell her you need to be left alone and ask her not to bother you till you are sure you have healed. change you locks if shes got spare keys to ur apartment.You just never know with some girls.
Girls play psychological games.Allowing her back now is risky. 1. she could come revenging or 2. She could melt you again with her tears.
Be tough cz this is your life and its u to build it. Dont say you wasted 4 years. You have learnt a lot in the process and now you are wiser than before.
The 4 years was a period of learning.

Always look at the bright side of life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by BigMeat2: 5:28pm On Nov 15, 2011
Mr.Chuks,
I really admire your calmness and sense of maturity in dealing with this episode in your life.
I pray not to find myself in similar situation.
You have shown that there are still some guys with good morals in our fast decaying society.
Sincerely wishing you all the best in your life.
Now your watchword should be 'looking after number one' which is you, anything else can follow in due time.
Chin up dude.
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by Skii(m): 5:29pm On Nov 15, 2011
coogar:

very good!

now i know why girls continue to be immoral in nigeria.
men like you aid and abet their shameful acts.

And men like aid and abet their immoral acts wink
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by itoldu: 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2011
do you want your father to cry all because you made a mugu of yourself? you can't even understand this if you don't even know it's already over.
let's look at 1st case senario especially: she would come back begging that she still wants in. Mr charming prince would take her back because he lacks foresight. he does everything to please and keep her not knowing that FACEBOOK LOVE is enjoying more than he bargained for. You go ahead with the wedding and after she gains access to your funds (because of the mugu you are proving to be, no offence), a lot of anonymous spending starts and yet you believe she is your wife and would never do such. remmber that papa is paying your salary and he'd surely be giving you bonuses
My advice is that you set sail to another shore and don't start your new r/ship with this story because you might not just tell if the next would do the same seeing your weak point. Remove the feelinggs from the equation and see the whole r/ship from a new point of view. So many are married and are not happy because they saw some of these traits and thought it right to go with the flow. i still relate with my exs'. No feelings attached but as for you, stay out of sight till you get your head together.
Re: Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal by BiafranFirstSon(m): 5:48pm On Nov 15, 2011
You are a good man mr chucks. I have been good like u a long time ago and she toiled not only with my heart but with my soul. Prayer saved me. Mine was seven wasted years. Don't let urs get that far like mine, Mugu like me. I wanted to be a good guy so i waited till 4 years before sex, according to her command, i was thinking it was love, Till her feelings starts to depreciate like ur woman said. Run for your life, she must surely cheat on u. I swear she will f*** that man and other men again and again. She will never be content with u. Chei! Life is a complex of reflexes and reflexion!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Tell If A Guy Likes You: Does He Like You? Why Are Guys So Hard To Read? / Pls Can We Girls Stop This / My Pre - Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.