Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu (27912 Views)

Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back / Elisha Abbo: Reactions As Remi Tinubu Makes Panel / Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by 2mch(m): 2:56pm On Mar 21
NPFLADMIN:
Two of my aunt works as caregiver. One in London and the other in Ibadan.
London pay is $12 per hour(not quite sure.)
Ibadan pay is N35,000 + free transportation and lunch.

Tell me Remi, which one will you go for?
Tell the one in London to send you 20 Pounds. LMAO.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by 82man: 2:56pm On Mar 21
Work with better payments or the one you and your husband paying 16k minimum, remember your husband self is security in USA
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by 99thEnemy(m): 2:57pm On Mar 21
enemyofprogress:
says who?
If only you know what unskilled workers go through there.

REMEMBER: We are not talking of skilled workers here.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by lexy2014: 2:57pm On Mar 21
helinues:

What's the correlation with this topic?

if you agree with Madam Tinubu that Nigerians do jobs abroad that they refuse to do in Nigeria, why is she bothered that Nigerians do jobs abroad that they refuse to do in Nigeria when her husband can't go to Nigerian hospitals and her kids didnt school in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by NPFLADMIN(m): 3:01pm On Mar 21
2mch:

She did 2 month ago. I don't want to bother her again cause life isn't also easy there.

Make I drop aza?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by NPFLADMIN(m): 3:03pm On Mar 21
Funflipper:

It can be as high as $50 dollars an hour in America.
Really? Na london she dey.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by lastuff(m): 3:04pm On Mar 21
Y does your hubby always go there for check up. Abeg sell this country

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by afadi2410: 3:07pm On Mar 21
Olachase:
maybe she is saying the true or not

i kw someone that sold the property his late father left before departing this world house and two cars

the guy relocated to Italy 4years ago

the guy is back to Nigeria living in a rented house

most time i wonder what's wrong with we the youth undecided undecided

He was unfortunate
Talk about those that made it

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by IbeOkehie: 3:08pm On Mar 21
Ms Tinubu has said the truth. Yes, some well educated Nigerians do drive cabs and other menial jobs abroad, especially in North America & Western Europe.

The reason is simple - those jobs pay better than even professional middle class jobs in Nigeria.

Only 0.4% of Nigerians earn over ₦200K per month as of 2020, Even if you dispute that due to all the recent inflation, definitely less than 0.4% earn over ₦500K monthly.

₦500K = $350
₦200K = $150

The lowest wage in the USA, even for an illegal immigrant, is maybe $8/hr. If such a person took simple steps to learn skills like plumbing, mechanics, welding and computer/phone repair in Nigeria, they can earn $15 to 20/hr within a year or two.

I remember in 2014, an Access Bank staff with degree in Business/Finance and 5 years experience in the bank was earning ₦120K per month. This guy emigrated to the USA on a visiting visa and stayed, refused to return. Ended up working illegally at a retail store. Why? As at that time, his salary was worth $600. Where do you think he's at today? Probably got his papers and earning very well thank you.

Nigerians are useless making decisions in groups and as citizens, but they're not stupid when it comes to their immediate personal welfare. Yes migration may not work out well for some, but the vast majority of those leaving Nigeria to live in other countries experience much better outcomes.

Good Luck to Nigerians
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Treasure17(m): 3:18pm On Mar 21
This woman talks too much as if she's relevant.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Fearurcreeator: 3:19pm On Mar 21
Olachase:
maybe she is saying the true or not

i kw someone that sold the property his late father left before departing this world house and two cars

the guy relocated to Italy 4years ago

the guy is back to Nigeria living in a rented house

most time i wonder what's wrong with we the youth undecided undecided
You know why people like federal government Jobs... Them wan come collect Sara money ... Them mostly no dey work ... People are abusing politicians on any small matter like this , check them well them sef no different... Their children plenty for Nairaland always abusing politicians... Pikin the papa and mama raised from work them no dey do or do well dey collect salary... them go Japa again no resign for government work then reach there they sing Nigeria is a bad country .. and them still dey collect salary go here... Same with those doctors too ... They won't resign here but Japa still dey collect money... Nigerians always wanting what they can't work for ... See the case you talk now ... He don go blow money ... Come back come rent house

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Fearurcreeator: 3:22pm On Mar 21
MadamExcellency:
Do you want to use them as slaves without commensurate wages?

It is not about the job but the payment. Settlement after work is what matters not the type of job.
Same Japa people that won't pay a third of the service they get paid there for to their own country people... Make Una Sha dey play ... Na then you go hear Wetin you wan do collect that kind big money ... But same person dey collect am from another place ... Anybody wey wan Japa should Japa ... If them wan do project for here ... Make people dey charge them at least half of what they collect in Europe or America ...
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by IbeOkehie: 3:24pm On Mar 21
ruggedtimi:
i heard about a hair dresser that is earning more than $3000 per week in the u.s, her story was online i think last year.

You're talking YOU HEARD...well I can tell you I know. Because I've done a bit of the business.

Hair braiding in the USA gives a good income. Braiders charge anywhere from $150 to $400 to braid one head of hair. Because its a cash business, I doubt they even pay taxes. That's how one ILLITERATE Senegalese lady I know here has BOUGHT seven retail condominiums in my town . I was looking to buy one, I saw one for sale and went to look at it with the real estate agent, it turned out to be the owner is someone I knew well.

This is a Senegalese woman who can't read & write. Her husband doesn't work...he works for her. There was a time my wife used to fill out forms for her, she can't even read a text message. I was shocked, but this is the USA. God Bless America biko!

Good Luck to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by omolola12345(m): 3:25pm On Mar 21
Remi Tinubu, please while we grow our mind also tell your husband to treat us like human beings and like sons and daughters of Nigeria and not like slaves. Treat everyone as important as the president himself. That settles the matter.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Fearurcreeator: 3:25pm On Mar 21
CodeTemplar:
Making it sound as if the playing field is level or close to being level. They do that because of things like reward, security, privileges and safety.
Can you wash dead bodies and still build mansions in Nigeria?
Can a Chinese employer bully you in UK?
Can they hide your file in US or Italy or UAE?
Can kidnappers abduct you on the highway or robbers block roads or police abduct you and empty your account?

She is being fed bullshît in the castle in Abuja.
They should wash dead bodies and build mansion in Europe and America too ... If people decided to start charging well for their services here them go fit build mansion here... Them no dey wan pay their own country man well but Sabi abuse government
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by NPFLADMIN(m): 3:26pm On Mar 21
2mch:
No reply?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by yanjutomi(m): 3:26pm On Mar 21
E no go beta 4 U......... u wey all ya pikin school 4 abroad u dey tell ppl make dem no go do well 4 themselves
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Fearurcreeator: 3:27pm On Mar 21
helinues:

How much do they earn doing those jobs in abroad compared to the economy of which country they might be staying.

Average decent 2bdr in New York is from $2500 monthly. How much is that in Naira? Yet they have other bills to pay
They should wash the dead body and build mansion abroad too since the place na heaven on earth... Make them dey deceive themselves na people here wey no dey charge well for their service na...
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Fearurcreeator: 3:28pm On Mar 21
CodeTemplar:
at the end of the day, an hairdresser can pay that amount in NY and still build a nasty house in Nigeria.
Compare that to Nigeria also.
Make she build am for abroad too
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Boyooosa(m): 3:28pm On Mar 21
Nicepoker:
And your pix is here o grin

Like words like pix
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Fearurcreeator: 3:29pm On Mar 21
CodeTemplar:
Can an hairdresswr here even build a house in Congo or Haiti? Just arguing nonsensically.
Lolzzzzzz... Some will even build in the same europe
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Fearurcreeator: 3:30pm On Mar 21
CountinBlessins:

Cc mods @ the bolded

Seun mynd44 obinoscopy nlfpmod Dominique mukina2 fergie01

Rule 2 violated
Cry cry baby... You no get shame
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by CodeTemplar: 3:31pm On Mar 21
Fearurcreeator:

They should wash dead bodies and build mansion in Europe and America too ... If people decided to start charging well for their services here them go fit build mansion here... Them no dey wan pay their own country man well but Sabi abuse government
the ones doing hairdressing here, can they afford to build ordinary chicken house?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Fearurcreeator: 3:32pm On Mar 21
nedu666:
At least they are paid for the job, we'll paid. E easy to earn 12pounds for nightshift for care home, earn 15 quid for sanitation officer plus paid overtime and holiday. Have you seen refuse collectors or security asking anything for the boys. In Nigeria person clearing gutter they will pay him 2k after 8 hours work. Road cleaners will work everyday for 15k a month, lawma boys will be looking like horror movie and still asking anything for the boys. Let's not talk of security, cleaners, private school teachers. Abeg japa and forget all these failed leaders whose children are abroad but discouraging you not to japa
Tips wey them like for US like crazy... You sef will go abroad make money wey go big for here but still won't pay half of what you will collect there to your own country people... Una go say Wetin them wan use the money do.... Politicians ooo,masses ooo are same thing
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Fearurcreeator: 3:33pm On Mar 21
SoNature:

If you leave the country without studying the place you are going and making a survival plan, you are certainly going to fail. That's the problem of the person you wrote about.

However, Mrs Tinubu needs to understand that Nigerians abroad are paid per hour - something we cannot do here. This means that regardless of what they do, they make more money abroad than in Nigeria.

Secondly, those who do menial jobs often do it as a means of survival until they get a much better job or they do it because they don't have the work permit or necessary certificates for working in that country. Either way, they earn a reasonable amount because they are paid per hour.
That job na for poor people there... You can't achieve much with it there
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Fearurcreeator: 3:34pm On Mar 21
CrownOfClay724:
They're doing it for what you can't pay them here.
Then you pay am too na
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by ojonwamama: 3:45pm On Mar 21
CodeTemplar:
at the end of the day, an hairdresser can pay that amount in NY and still build a nasty house in Nigeria.
Compare that to Nigeria also.
Why can't he build the nasty house in USA ? because he can't afford to build there, right?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by cococandy(f): 3:46pm On Mar 21
$30k a year is around $14/hr.

That’s A little above minimum wage in some states and below minimum wage in places like California.
If you’re going to compare, compare them with people on their pay class in Nigeria. Like People who are earning a little above minimum wage like say 50k/month. Then you have an even comparison.

If you want to compare people who are earning 30 million a year in Nigeria who are like that top 1-5 percent (I could be wrong about the percentage) then you have to compared those to the top 1-5 percent of earners in America.

Class to class comparison .
nobaga:
Blind people describing parts of a camel or elephant.

So you can make a minimum wage of 15 dollars per hour, roughly $30,000.00 a year or about 30 million naira a year!
Before you celebrate, realize that you have to pay 24 million for rent O.

Left with 6 million a year to feed, transport and other expenses like clothes. So, do you now realize how people who made 30 million naira a year abroad starve while those who make the same amount are big men in Nigeria?

Even educated one like doctors compare their salaries in Nigeria to those in the U.S as if young base doctors in the U.S do not pay rent, student loan, buy cloths etc.

Na ignorance go kill us for Nigeria.

How can someone that has 10 million naira after his savings, selling family properties out of which 2m naira go for ticket and visa; expect 8 million naira to last him abroad for more a month. The same amount that can start small business here.

Our mutual Don do.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by uvie66: 3:47pm On Mar 21
helinues:
No be lie oo.

Infact they jumped on buses but when they reach Nigeria, if they are not driving, na Uber.

The exaggerated abroad

Funnily, everywhere na abroad including Nigeria, abi na where the British in Nigeria go talk say him dey if no be abroad
But an UBER driver earn more than some professors in Nigeria, In the US most of them average at least $5k a month which is about 6 million naira a month.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Fujiyama: 3:48pm On Mar 21
Dougad:
I was actually giving them the benefit of the doubt at the beginning but I've come to realize that they're Just as uncouth, unexposed and completely stupid as the average agbero. Their official announcement and wetin you go expect to hear for beer parlour na exactly the same

^^^
grin
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by casppyjay: 4:01pm On Mar 21
Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XY8emJ7Yt8
https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/21/nigerians-abroad-do-jobs-they-refused-at-home-remi-tinubu/
u are very dumb woman for spewing this thrash perhaps u are a deliberate cognitive dissonance patient ..Nigerians have been struggling to get ordinary 30k minimum wage since donkey years you never investigated or use ur presence in the senate to ensure full compliance…a BSC teacher in Nigeria earns wey less than a shop assistant in the smallest town in Europe or across the Atlantic..even most African countries neighbouring u offer way more ..so tell me for the purpose posterity what do u think that teacher would say to a monthly pay uninterrupted pay of 1.5m to an inconsistent 30k salary ? There’s a reason God gave us brains use yours ..remember u can only eat what u can eat all Diz cash grabs u won’t be needing it under the soil..and there’s no hierarchy after death..to ignore crime is crime itself!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Frustrated, Says Obasanjo / Anambra Election: Buhari Congratulates Soludo / Isaac Fayose To Femi Fani-Kayode: Give The Kids To Their Mum To Take Care Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.