Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu (27977 Views)

Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back / Elisha Abbo: Reactions As Remi Tinubu Makes Panel / Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Idaytesj29(m): 1:10pm On Mar 21
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Pootle: 1:10pm On Mar 21
Olachase:
maybe she is saying the true or not

i kw someone that sold the property his late father left before departing this world house and two cars

the guy relocated to Italy 4years ago

the guy is back to Nigeria living in a rented house

most time i wonder what's wrong with we the youth undecided undecided

they are coming for you, team japa at all means
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by michoim(m): 1:12pm On Mar 21
Is as if when they get to seat of power they lost their senses. The jobs at home are they paying as much as the same jobs abroad?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by sandali: 1:12pm On Mar 21
Olachase:

i kw someone that sold the property his late father left before departing this world house and two cars

I blame d leaders.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Thereishel: 1:13pm On Mar 21
Even if they do jobs they won't do in Nigeria. Most of them earn more than nigerian doctors considering exchange rate and they live comfortable lives
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by 99thEnemy(m): 1:13pm On Mar 21
Zwooks:
Gossip. Focus on your husbands problems
The truth is that she didn’t lie.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Riskymarvelous(m): 1:15pm On Mar 21
If I av the chance to go there and be washing old Trafford toilets to get money I will rather stay there and be making my money to build house in Nigeria aswear
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by 99thEnemy(m): 1:16pm On Mar 21
CrownOfClay724:
They're doing it for what you can't pay them here.
Still they won’t be able to visit their families in 10 years.

No Jokes
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by OJojossy10: 1:18pm On Mar 21
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Maobichek: 1:18pm On Mar 21
helinues:

How much do they earn doing those jobs in abroad compared to the economy of which country they might be staying.

Average decent 2bdr in New York is from $2500 monthly. How much is that in Naira? Yet they have other bills to pay

Please tell me why our politicians have houses in the UK and US yet they are doing everything humanly possible to discourage those who have the means from traveling.

I don't know much about NY but someone at Los Angeles is doing pretty well as a cab driver, helping his family and doing other things.

A 2 bedroom apartments in Cardiff is 700 pounds per month and the person earns about 2k pounds per month. Do the subtraction (let say 1k or even 1.2k as expenses/tax) and convert the remaining to Naira.

Minimum wage per hour in the UK is 10 pounds and many earn above the minimum wage and work 6/7 hours per day. I tell you the truth, even if abroad is not that good, our politicians remains the reason why many people are eager to go there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Jalaw: 1:18pm On Mar 21
And they get paid the amount they can't get at home
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Analyst7: 1:19pm On Mar 21
This woman is really daft, so is her husband…how much do people make abroad washing for an hour compared to Nigeria…once again she’s utterly daft

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by chidiwar(m): 1:19pm On Mar 21
Olachase:

U and Remi Tinubu now think alike...
Never knew someone can be dumber than her..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by wifeesnatcher(m): 1:19pm On Mar 21
They should do cab that take home is less than 10k compare to making that 10k within 2-3hrs over there

Economic wise people are interested in wealth building not the job perse but if the job can guarantee their wealth building then why not

Nigeria currency is 1300- 1400 in favour of dollars but you want someone with the currency of 1 USD against your 1300 to come and drive cab and other menial jobs here?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Villa12(m): 1:22pm On Mar 21
MT:

Those doing menial jobs abroad are not well paid as you think.

By the standard of the country where they live (e.g, UK, US, Canada), they are still classified as "poor" and they live as such over there.

It is only if they change the money that it seems big here.

If the exchange rate of dollar to naira is close, you will see exodus of people coming back into Nigeria.
are they poor that an average American citizens cannot afford to feed? An average American citizens cannot afford 3 square meal daily? Are they so poor that they cried to their president that they're Hungry? Are they so poor that they loot any lorry carrying food or any warehouse filled with food items just for them to feed? Are they so poor that their children doesn't have access to quality education, but instead they are being sent out to beg for alms before they could feed?

The poor ones over there will automatically become rich or at least a middle class when they return to Nigeria. Does that applies to poor Nigerians if given Free visa to US or Canada? Will their naira currency makes them automatically become rich when they land there and convert their money to USD?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by klawaaa: 1:22pm On Mar 21
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Crafteck1: 1:22pm On Mar 21
Fooool.. Na same pay?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Rumundele(m): 1:23pm On Mar 21
I know this woman no get sense, Nigerians are ready to do any work
Where is the work, Nigerians japa because those country creates enabling environment for those job you mention to thrive.
I have seen in many online site where Nigerians are asking for vehicle to start bolt on weekly remittance, no vehicle, insecurity its on the rise and become a barrier for those that have the job to do.
The plan i had to go to Benue state to farm, i have to abort that plan due to insecurity.
Many farmers in the North have abandoned their farming due to insecurity.
Maddam by force first lady how do we grow our own food when there is no enabling enviroment for us to grow ours. You are expecting people to do more and nothing from the government.
I know your husband have nothing to offer but muscle his way in, so whatever i see now in this government is expected.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by mclloyd22: 1:23pm On Mar 21
Yes because your countries minimum wage is nothing to write home about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Obierika(m): 1:24pm On Mar 21
CodeTemplar:

One was features here in a crime story about a vauchi woman who earned over a thousand dollar a week braiding peoples hair. They earn more than cab drivers and many professors in the US for example.
If you brain is too shallow grow up.

Once you people want to spread your falsehood you start dem say, dem say; mention just 1 such person you know, someone who you can actually point to his/her father's house in Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:25pm On Mar 21
naija4life247:
They get Pounds and Dollars abroad, not Naira and CFA
They are not happy that Nigerians are earning pounds and dollars abroad that's why she is making this comment. It is envy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by KosiGee(m): 1:25pm On Mar 21
Cindypresh:

Crazy woman...okporoko, lol

Go and tell your husband that God will destroy him first before he destroys this country.

Remi Tinubu has no class. She’s a gutter person like Obiano’s wife but pls don’t call her okporoko. Every woman should dream of having her physique.

People like her age gracefully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Villa12(m): 1:26pm On Mar 21
99thEnemy:

Still they won’t be able to visit their families in 10 years.

No Jokes
but those that lives here with their family are in abject poverty. Those who lives abroad that can't visit their families for 10 years will be sending money to his/her parents for their upkeep, which obviously is the most important.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by CodeTemplar: 1:27pm On Mar 21
Obierika:

Once you people want to spread your falsehood you start dem say, dem say; mention just 1 such person you know, someone who you can actually point to his/her father's house in Nigeria!
you are shallow. And do you know any that can't build a house in Nigeria. With name and address o? Nonsense liar.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Zealoy(m): 1:28pm On Mar 21
How much do u pay them for such job in Nigeria? Peanut, but in abroad someone doing menial or care job in abroad will be living fine and well paid, some times this politician reason with thier Anus

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Anunakeeh: 1:28pm On Mar 21
CodeTemplar:
Making it sound as if the playing field is level or close to being level. They do that because of things like reward, security, privileges and safety.
Can you wash dead bodies and still build mansions in Nigeria?
Can a Chinese employer bully you in UK?
Can they hide your file in US or Italy or UAE?
Can kidnappers abduct you on the highway or robbers block roads or police abduct you and empty your account?

She is being fed bullshît in the castle in Abuja.

The benefits are endless.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by SupremeSpecimen: 1:29pm On Mar 21
Olachase:

Absolute rubbish analysis. All based on assumptions....

Before reporting "news" maybe talk to the subject 🤔 your story is missing context n details
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Bunnatex(m): 1:29pm On Mar 21
For a pay that was denied at home
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Benoxvals(m): 1:30pm On Mar 21
They drive cabs oversea with their head and heart intact.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Stephench: 1:33pm On Mar 21
APC love to mock the poor. The jobs that pay 30,000 in Nigeria pay at least 1.2 million in Europe and America
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by zinaunreal(m): 1:33pm On Mar 21
If that seat is too hot for you leave. Nonsense
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by SupremeSpecimen: 1:33pm On Mar 21
helinues:

How much do they earn doing those jobs in abroad compared to the economy of which country they might be staying.

Average decent 2bdr in New York is from $2500 monthly. How much is that in Naira? Yet they have other bills to pay

And of course, all emigrants must live in NY 😒
It's the law

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The 2019 Presidential Elections And The Current Noipolls / Fashola Commissions Solar PP Donated By Japan In Abuja / Court Of Appeal Sacks Alhassan Doguwa, House Of Reps Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.