Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu (28005 Views)

Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back / Elisha Abbo: Reactions As Remi Tinubu Makes Panel / Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by kunle75(m): 2:20pm On Mar 21
alphaNomega:
your biggest mistake is thinking a nigerian politician cares about your welfare. everybody dey tolerate them for now.

Unfortunately that's the situation we all finds ourselves. We all have work to do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Lifemanage: 2:21pm On Mar 21
Olachase:
maybe she is saying the true or not

i kw someone that sold the property his late father left before departing this world house and two cars

the guy relocated to Italy 4years ago

the guy is back to Nigeria living in a rented house

most time i wonder what's wrong with we the youth undecided undecided
Are u serious about this? Wow
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by obaidan: 2:21pm On Mar 21
helinues:

Why can't she build that same house in USA?

You think everyone in abroad is living comfortable?

there is no place in the world where everyone is comfortable, what they are telling you is that, your effort is rewarded better in other places and u can live a very decent life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by iamtardey: 2:23pm On Mar 21
Christian36:
Rubbish!!! They should come and do same jobs and receive peanut meanwhile you and your husband including your husband children are living like kings with looted funds
imagine o..
Shoro niyen?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Devaro: 2:24pm On Mar 21
Ah. Why dis woman again
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by NPFLADMIN(m): 2:26pm On Mar 21
Mummyimbecile:
Yeah. And also, those kinds of jobs pay better abroad... They pay you a minimum wage, when you convert it to naira, you can't help but take the job.

Madam, tell your magician husband to fix the country, period!

For example, I make 170k daily here when converted to naira. Which job wan pay you that much in 9ja daily

Mummy, con bless me
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by obi4eze(m): 2:27pm On Mar 21
helinues:
No be lie oo.

Infact they jumped on buses but when they reach Nigeria, if they are not driving, na Uber.

The exaggerated abroad

Funnily, everywhere na abroad including Nigeria, abi na where the British in Nigeria go talk say him dey if no be abroad

Shut up if you have nothing meaningful to contribute.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Tayorshd87: 2:29pm On Mar 21
CodeTemplar:
Can an hairdresswr here even build a house in Congo or Haiti? Just arguing nonsensically.

U are d one arguing.stupidly here are u telling us everybody that travelled aboard excel more than everyone that didn't travel

Or does travelling mean d word """successful in life""?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by obi4eze(m): 2:29pm On Mar 21
helinues:

How much do they earn doing those jobs in abroad compared to the economy of which country they might be staying.

Average decent 2bdr in New York is from $2500 monthly. How much is that in Naira? Yet they have other bills to pay

Shut up. How much were they earning in Nigeria compared to what they're earning now? And what is the quality of life like in New York compared to any city in Nigeria? If you have nothing to say, then Shut up and listen to those who have something meaningful. You can always learn from them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by obaidan: 2:31pm On Mar 21
Obierika:

Na so una go dey lie!

Mention just 1 hairdresser you know in 'The abroad' who is swimming in money?

How is it a lie? The problem is that you think of "hairdresser" as shitty and poorly paid as it is in Nigeria. Every handwork is very well paid in the US. They dont have to swim in money, but they earn enough to have a decent living.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Cjayboy: 2:35pm On Mar 21
This statement from Senator Oluremi Tinubu, has feather weight in the sense that, Nigeria's economy can't be compared to its contemporaries or in the global space.

We, will relegate this unguided statement to the background or dustbin where it belongs to.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by obaidan: 2:35pm On Mar 21
Olachase:
i kw someone that sold the property his late father left before departing this world house and two cars

Now you have told us about 1 person that sold property to go abroad and it didnt quite work out for him there. Now tell us about 5 other persons you know that travelled abroad that it worked out for them nicely. Abi na people wey e no work out for plenty pass wey u know. Dont make your ability to propagate news exclusively for the negative ones, report the numerous positive ones too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by philipobiz: 2:35pm On Mar 21
Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XY8emJ7Yt8
https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/21/nigerians-abroad-do-jobs-they-refused-at-home-remi-tinubu/

When the jobs here start paying like abroad we will do them. For now the jobs abroad are pay higher than most jobs here, so we Japa to do them
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by stacyadams: 2:37pm On Mar 21
Rub pancakes,talk off point to stay relevant
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Villa12(m): 2:38pm On Mar 21
MT:

Yes, [b]some Americans [/b]cannot afford 3 square meals.

Some Americans beg for alms on the street as well.

So, you do not know about this?

You have watched too many american movies
but in Nigeria we have many. At least 80% of Nigerians cannot afford 3 square meal daily nor have the means to buy a bag of rice that is less than $55. In America they have food banks for those who cannot afford to feed. It's total free and they do not have to belong to a political party or know someone before they could have access to it. Do you have that here in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Lightened: 2:38pm On Mar 21
Which nonsense truth...do you know how much those people are paid compared to Nigeria?

You will clean yansh there and collect 15dolls per hour, who is going to give you that in Nigeria?

I hate it when people talk through their nose. If anyone thinks the only reason people travel out is mainly cos of money, then you must be on collarado.

Need I tell you how much cleaners, mortuary attendants and the likes are paid there?

Apart from this, the security that comes with the job, the environmental working conditions, health care, total security is another area I would not not want to emphasis.

Remi is doing the normal thing a good wife should do, trying to support her man but all of them are just a set of bigotries... looking for fault where there is none.

Instead of them to look for a major way to bring back the economy in such a way that twill be friendly to live in, they are looking for what's not lost.

In abroad, there is dignity in labour. We can never say the same here.

Abeg, make all of them getat!
Olachase:

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by obaidan: 2:41pm On Mar 21
klawaaa:
He who has ears let him hear what the Spirit is saying... Who no go no go know.
the spirit is saying balablu, the spirit that is talking have bought houses for her daughters in New York. Help yourself

https://www.nairaland.com/7226945/hundeyin-tinubus-daughters-paid-2.1m

u dey listen to them, dem say make u dey for naija because u risk doing menial job abroad, the tinubu that made her who she is today drove the same cab she is criticizing people for driving today.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by NPFLADMIN(m): 2:42pm On Mar 21
nobaga:
Blind people describing parts of a camel or elephant
So you can make a minimum wage of 15 dollars per hour, roughly $30,000.00 a year or about 30 million naira a year!
Before you celebrate, realize that you have to pay 24 million for rent
Left with 6 million a year to feed, transport and other expenses like clothes. So, do you now realize how people who made 30 million naira a year abroad starve while those who make the same amount are big men in Nigeria?
Even educated one like doctors compare their salaries in Nigeria to those in the U.S as if young base doctors in the U.S do not pay rent, student loan, buy cloths etc.
Na ignorance go kill us for Nigeria
How can someone that has 10 million naira after his savings, selling family properties out of which 2m naira go for ticket and visa; expect 8 million naira to last him abroad for more a month
The same amount that can start small business here
Our mutual Don do

Big boss come bless me na!
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Sijo01(f): 2:42pm On Mar 21
Yesterday it was "plant what you eat"

Today's this. At least, they'll sleep with their both eyes close without fear of kidnappers, herdsmen or army/police brutality.

This woman don dey sniff watin her husband is known for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by sunsweet33: 2:43pm On Mar 21
I don’t believe this woman can’t actually tell the difference between working as a teacher in a private school in Nigeria and driving cabs abroad.

She’s more intelligent than that, I hope.

This is merely a distraction from the suffering in the land.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by ruggedtimi(m): 2:44pm On Mar 21
Obierika:

Na so una go dey lie!

Mention just 1 hairdresser you know in 'The abroad' who is swimming in money?
i heard about a hair dresser that is earning more than $3000 per week in the u.s, her story was online i think last year.
But my personal experience, my secondary sch classmate works at citibank in the u.s. When he came back just last month.
He did a three days get together for exclassmates in an expensive lounge, fully sponsored by himself. On the first day Myself had something worth 30k and we were more than 20 that showed up...imagine what happened on the next two days. Before he left back to the states he sent me 70k and sent other of his friends money i know not less than 50k. The guy that helped him organized the hangout here in nigeria, he gave him 500k. Bro a bank staff with not more than 4yrs experience. Even a politician on state level
here in nigeria we hardly do such.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by jaytime(m): 2:45pm On Mar 21
If we have basic means of livelihood here like electricity, security, good health care, good roads devoid of traffic and all... wetin person go japa go do?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by NPFLADMIN(m): 2:45pm On Mar 21
Two of my aunt works as caregiver. One in London and the other in Ibadan. London pay is $12 per hour(not quite sure.) Ibadan pay is N35,000 + free transportation and lunch.
Tell me Remi, which one will you go for?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by CodeTemplar: 2:46pm On Mar 21
Tayorshd87:

U are d one arguing.stupidly here are u telling us everybody that travelled aboard excel more than everyone that didn't travel

Or does travelling mean d word """successful in life""?
I never said it is automatic or assured. Stop replying your own subconscious.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Salico: 2:49pm On Mar 21
Are you kidding me... What kinda jobs is you talking about, can you pay me hourly. Cut the crap
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Funflipper: 2:49pm On Mar 21
But they get paid higher wages.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Wittyani(m): 2:51pm On Mar 21
Anybody can make it anywhere
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Funflipper: 2:51pm On Mar 21
NPFLADMIN:
Two of my aunt works as caregiver. One in London and the other in Ibadan.
London pay is $12 per hour(not quite sure.)
Ibadan pay is N35,000 + free transportation and lunch.

Tell me Remi, which one will you go for?

It can be as high as $50 dollars an hour in America.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by UHLmoving: 2:51pm On Mar 21
At what pay?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by Benekkk: 2:52pm On Mar 21
Madam is correct. But what’s the standard/cost of living “at home” vis a vis abroad and what is the average remuneration too? Finally, who’s looting talents have made it to be so?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by OgunkeelAllMod: 2:52pm On Mar 21
Sharap dia!I Olosho!
Which job oju yobo gives them at home angry
Ofunkeel you!
Re: Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu by 99thEnemy(m): 2:55pm On Mar 21
Villa12:
but those that lives here with their family are in abject poverty. Those who lives abroad that can't visit their families for 10 years will be sending money to his/her parents for their upkeep, which obviously is the most important.
That’s the difference

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually / 50 Heavily Armed Soldiers Deployed To Nyesom Wike‘s Residence / FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.