Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway (21211 Views)

First Kilometre Of Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway Completed With Street Lights / Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle / Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by ejieddy: 5:45pm On Mar 22
What's Tinubu sniffing this days? It can't be cocaine
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by chibuking1(m): 5:45pm On Mar 22
chopnaira:
That highway would be beautiful. Constant view of the ocean.
we many of us go dey to ever see the project completed

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by CodeTemplar: 5:46pm On Mar 22
wwwihy:
Lagos+Ogun+Ondo+Delta+Balyesa+Rivers+ Akwa-Ibom+Cross River

It covers eight states. The biggest single road project in the history of Nigeria as nation

E patewo fun Tinubu

God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Delta-Edo--Ondo?
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Igbek76: 5:50pm On Mar 22
Igbos and Obidients never see anything.
They will confess and bowl to good governance of Asiwaju soonest.
Their minds will tell them the truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Bimpe29: 5:51pm On Mar 22
May Allah bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.
wwwihy:

It covers eight states. The biggest single road project in the history of Nigeria as nation

E patewo fun Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by mabea: 5:54pm On Mar 22
SalamRushdie:

Same hi tech amd Tinubu that have not been able to resurface just 35kms Lekki Epe road in almost 20 year's? Dey play ...if Tinubu wants me to know he is serious he could have given Julius Berger
He owns Hitech

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by mabea: 5:56pm On Mar 22
kerry57:
I like this Unahi guy. He is a workerholic. Anyone having a problem with him is an enemy of the state.

Let's be patient with this government things will be fine and I understand that we all feel the pain of the hardship. Let's not forget that the problem of this our great country is enormous and we only need a man with BALLS to trash it. We will come out strong last last.
God bless Naija
Honestly that guy is the kind of a leader that Nigeria needs. He works the talk.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Gentlealibu: 5:58pm On Mar 22
samwash:
As them dey build this road, adding train path to it will be a nice idea.

There will be rail tracks in the middle of the road na.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by nlreserve: 5:58pm On Mar 22
Jagabanbattle:
Time heal all wounds.
Time is what takes truth to be revealed.

Nigerians will know who Jagaban is with time. I have been a fan of Tinubu since I was 7yrs old. My dad is his main grassroots coordinator for 1 local government in Nigeria.

I have always know the dream and plan from year 2003. Jagaban nah Genius ooo
It's unfortunate that his dream has brought much hardship and claimed much lives from the people he dreamt of leading. Since APC took over, life has never been the same.
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Paraman: 5:59pm On Mar 22
nairalanda1:

Going to be an interesting project, though I see it taking a long long time....the terrain ain't easy.
With enough funding, it will be finish within timeframe.

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Paraman: 6:02pm On Mar 22
SalamRushdie:

Same hi tech amd Tinubu that have not been able to resurface just 35kms Lekki Epe road in almost 20 year's? Dey play ...if Tinubu wants me to know he is serious he could have given Julius Berger
If the government provide enough money, the Lekki epe expressway will be completed before december.

So far there's funding, HITECH will complete the project in time.
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Terrahawk: 6:02pm On Mar 22
It's all gimmick and skull foolery
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Bluntemperor: 6:03pm On Mar 22
NyamiriSlayer:
God Bless PBAT
God Bless Nigeria

I pray he Succeeds because,it will Open Up 70% of the Coastal Regions,along the 8- States,with lots of Economic Activities, especially :
-the Transportation,
-Fisheries,
-Foodstuffs Increases,
-including Estate Development that will compete with those in the Western World!
• Welcome to A New World of Southern Nigeria!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by kingar(m): 6:07pm On Mar 22
Useless HITECH that couldn’t complete Ikorodu RD is now contracted federal jobs
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Paraman: 6:15pm On Mar 22
professorPABX:

Forcibly brought here by some people. I will reserve what I had wanted to say.

To me, this project and Senator Ningi's statement after Dave Umahi's announcement of the approval and intention to commence the project is interwoven. The statement released by Ningi was not dissected by some foolish people and politicians from the South. I am highly disappointed with Pat Utomi. Ningi listed his anger against the Presidency as being partial against the block he represented in the Senate and listed the projects in his bloc that the presidency left unattended. This is mainly because of this project. Ningi's insinuation of double budget has nothing to do with padding but on partiality against his bloc and his people. The scenario which they said happened under Jonathan. If it was true it happened under Jonathan South West never benefitted from such special budgetary allocation.

Thank God, Nigeria is collecting the Chinese loan to execute the rail project to Maradi and other projects even if they have no immediate benefit to the entire Nigeria and Rate of Return on the investment is estimated to be non-existent and payback period dependent on the resources from the South.

Immediately Dave Umahi announced this project, some of us had expected indirect assault few months later, but it came out few days later from Ningi.
You go explain till year 2500
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Jagabanbattle: 6:17pm On Mar 22
nlreserve:
It's unfortunate that his dream has brought much hardship and claimed much lives from the people he dreamt of leading. Since APC took over, life has never been the same.

It has actually saved Nigeria. Wait till all the plans are executed. Nigeria will be reshaped according to the believe of the group who started the journey. Nigeria was never right and something needed to be changed. That’s what brought the movement.

Vote your candidate according to performance in 2027.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by nlreserve: 6:18pm On Mar 22
Jagabanbattle:

It has actually saved Nigeria. Wait till all the plants are executed. Nigeria will be reshaped according to the believe of the group who started the journey. Nigeria was never right and something needed to be changed. That’s what brought the movement.

Vote your candidate according to performance in 2027.
Vote doesn't count in Nigeria, else Tinubu wouldn't have achieved his dream
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Paraman: 6:21pm On Mar 22
onuman:
Tinubu's great rush for this highway aimed to siphon the oil riches of the Niger delta region to the SW is maddening. On stable soils, Nigeria was unable to build and maintain roads; talk less on the unstable marshy terrain of the coasts.
Lol

This is no big deal. When Tinubu wanted to start the Eko Atlantic project back then, a lot of people like you said such a thing won't be possible, but today, Eko Atlantic City has become reality.

Have you heard of the Bonny-Bodo road before? Go and watch videos and see what JB is constructing on marshy terrains

3 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by GABUJABOY(m): 6:21pm On Mar 22
I have been hearing about this road project, for over 12years now.
I hope the construction doesn't take over 12 years again.

Congratulations to us all

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Paraman: 6:23pm On Mar 22
EconomistXplain:
We dont need this joke of a highway...have people noy been going to calabar via this routes even as we speak via road...?

If he is serious, he should commit funds for a railway for same route...not this, unnecessary project...

Nonsense!!!
It's not going to be compulsory for you to use it.

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Paraman: 6:24pm On Mar 22
Benwallt:

Why cutting out the southeast?
The south east is landlock like Oyo and Edo state

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Paraman: 6:25pm On Mar 22
Richyfj:
What happens to oyo and Osun state just because there are PDP state
They are landlock states like Edo and the south east

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by afube: 6:31pm On Mar 22
wwwihy:

E patewo fun Tinubu

when you mumus finish the road ...hand the expressway to Fulani kidnappers as usual........ndi mgbu! you daft africans make me so angry! common state police you cannot set up!
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by softtorce: 6:34pm On Mar 22
Which part of Ikorodu road is not completed ?!

kingar:
Useless HITECH that couldn’t complete Ikorodu RD is now contracted federal jobs

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Slymonster(m): 6:36pm On Mar 22
SalamRushdie:

What I was about to write. I don't trust Hi tech for road construction. Sometimes they deliver poor work

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by excanny: 6:39pm On Mar 22
Adding to the list of bad roads in Nigeria.

Why not use the fund to maintain the already existing bad roads all over the place.
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Firebomber: 6:43pm On Mar 22
GanagiBitrus:

Na Julius Berger for handle this kind project.

JB hardly handle long projects like that, I think RCC is the best when it come to that
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Benwallt(m): 6:49pm On Mar 22
Paraman:
The south east is landlock like Oyo and Edo state

Are you saying they no longer have space to even afford road construction ? Or that they have zero access to large body of water? The road can go through the landlocked areas to the coastlines na
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Menclothing: 6:54pm On Mar 22
SalamRushdie:

Is it not the same PPP they were supposed to do on Lekki Epe despite govt even helping them with funds ..how did that turn out ...
End sars stop the work b4 endsars work was going they where collecting toll no top cities of the world without toll roads and they are always the best till construction is finished

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Powersurge: 7:00pm On Mar 22
Shadomaan7:
Na wa o, Tinubu don begin another project again, e be like say e no wan rest for Lagos. I hope dis one go better pass Lekki toll gate.

Get sense make u rest. If at all he would deliver after his failures, allow him to deliver and stop being a sycophant for politicians.

Their failures will reflect on u and your disadvantaged children.
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by KBlinks01(m): 7:05pm On Mar 22
How do they drive through ondo straight to Delta without going through Edo state.
wwwihy:

E patewo fun Tinubu

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by pocom16: 7:16pm On Mar 22
NairalandGOAT1:
Hi-Tech

Whatever happened to Julius Berger!

Mtchhhheewwww

Hitech Is as good as JB...

Julius Berger just has a long history of building for Nigeria because they came in early

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tanker Explosion Along Benin-ore Expressway / Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight / Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.