Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,636 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway (21216 Views)

First Kilometre Of Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway Completed With Street Lights / Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle / Senate Committee On Works Inspects Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by adeoba2008(m): 4:48pm On Mar 22
samwash:
As them dey build this road, adding train path to it will be a nice idea.
It will have rail line in the middle

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by JustYourself: 4:49pm On Mar 22
@ op l don't think you know were calabar is, federal government that cannot repair lagos lbadan express road at ease

3 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by maktop(m): 4:50pm On Mar 22
godhelp257:
You won get high BP be that!!!
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Ekaette1621990: 4:50pm On Mar 22
Audio coastal highway.

If you know you know.

Anyway I laugh in Swahili πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Tareq1105: 4:51pm On Mar 22
My take is that Tinubu would do better than Buhari.

The economy would recover and our currency would appreciate during his tenure.

I've always known that the glory of Nigeria and Nigerians shall return during Tinubu era.

These I can bet with my balls.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Antoeni(m): 4:51pm On Mar 22
This will Make a Whole lot of SENSE, I Hope Mammy Water don't Swallow The Money
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Menclothing: 4:53pm On Mar 22
SalamRushdie:

Same hi tech amd Tinubu that have not been able to resurface just 35kms Lekki Epe road in almost 20 year's? Dey play ...if Tinubu wants me to know he is serious he could have given Julius Berger

It’s a ppp can Berger do road for free and collect money with toll for 25yrs

8 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by ElSudani: 4:53pm On Mar 22
CountinBlessins:

Tinubu is a rouge and a drug sniffer, but this is a commendable one and lately he has been getting things right with governance. Kudos to him

Just say Tinubu is clearly the man for the job.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by RecentHistory: 4:54pm On Mar 22
CountinBlessins:

Tinubu is a rouge and a drug sniffer, but this is a commendable one and lately he has been getting things right with governance. Kudos to him

2027, you will borrow money from your mother's enemies to enter night bus to Abuja and carry Tinubu's banner in Eagles square.

8 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Judolisco(m): 4:56pm On Mar 22
wwwihy:
Lagos+Ogun+Ondo+Delta+Balyesa+Rivers+ Akwa-Ibom+Cross River

It covers eight states. The biggest single road project in the history of Nigeria as nation

E patewo fun Tinubu

God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
duration of completion? I think we have a lot of bad roads that should be repaired or reconstructed before starting new ones
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Babangidapikin: 4:56pm On Mar 22
Smart guy you don collect Bar Beach from us ..no collect other coastal beach o
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Dynamicboss: 4:56pm On Mar 22
Paraman:
Omo this place don change o. This road is located inside or beside Eko Atlantic city right?
Yes

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by chopnaira: 4:57pm On Mar 22
That highway would be beautiful. Constant view of the ocean.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by VaginaAcademic: 4:59pm On Mar 22
Former capital jam former capital grin

3 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Christlike01: 5:05pm On Mar 22
Even all Tinubu's enemies will be proud of him when he is through with his plans for Nigeria. Things are hard now,no doubt about it,it Is a process Nigeria must pass through for her to be great. Tinubu will transform Nigeria,and it will be a great nation,one that all GENUINE Nigerians will be proud of.

Above is not for those who can never see anything good in anyone else unless he or she comes from their village! I mean,those who want everything to collapse in Nigeria because their "Agulu Gbajue" lost an election,awon emergency lovers of "zoo"!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Charly68: 5:07pm On Mar 22
SalamRushdie:

Same hi tech amd Tinubu that have not been able to resurface just 35kms Lekki Epe road in almost 20 year's? Dey play ...if Tinubu wants me to know he is serious he could have given Julius Berger
We are in the era of local content.. the leaders is a thinker Mr Man

2 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by professorPABX: 5:14pm On Mar 22
wwwihy:

It covers eight states. The biggest single road project in the history of Nigeria as nation

E patewo fun Tinubu

Forcibly brought here by some people. I will reserve what I had wanted to say.

To me, this project and Senator Ningi's statement after Dave Umahi's announcement of the approval and intention to commence the project is interwoven. The statement released by Ningi was not dissected by some foolish people and politicians from the South. I am highly disappointed with Pat Utomi. Ningi listed his anger against the Presidency as being partial against the bloc he represented in the Senate and listed the projects in his bloc that the presidency left unattended. This is mainly because of this project. Ningi's insinuation of double budget has nothing to do with padding but on partiality against his bloc and his people. The scenario which they said happened under Jonathan. If it was true it happened under Jonathan South West never benefitted from such special budgetary allocation.

Thank God, Nigeria is collecting the Chinese loan to execute the rail project to Maradi and other projects even if they have no immediate benefit to the entire Nigeria and Rate of Return on the investment is estimated to be non-existent and payback period dependent on the resources from the South.

Immediately Dave Umahi announced this project, some of us had expected indirect assault few months later, but it came out few days later from Ningi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by ggood: 5:14pm On Mar 22
Killermamba:

That analysis must be wrong, the highway can not go through all these states without passing through the corridor of edo state
check the map of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by onuman: 5:14pm On Mar 22
Tinubu's great rush for this highway aimed to siphon the oil riches of the Niger delta region to the SW is maddening. On stable soils, Nigeria was unable to build and maintain roads; talk less on the unstable marshy terrain of the coasts.
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by 99persait(m): 5:15pm On Mar 22
Paraman:
Omo this place don change o. This road is located inside or beside Eko Atlantic city right?
it will definitely affect most of the beaches within that area. Oniru Beach and the rest
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by onuman: 5:16pm On Mar 22
nairalanda1:

Going to be an interesting project, though I see it taking a long long time....the terrain ain't easy.

The terrain.
It's more than 30 years such coastal road was started and never finished because of the terrain and costs.

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by spagettiluv: 5:24pm On Mar 22
JustYourself:
@ op l don't think you know were calabar is, federal government that cannot repair lagos lbadan express road at ease
you mean this same Lagos Ibadan express ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by TheBillyonaire: 5:25pm On Mar 22
The Great Tinubulation will restore Renewed Hope in the country.

I see no reason that the project is in phases when different Construction firms can handle different segments of the respective states it passes through concurrently.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Ever8090: 5:25pm On Mar 22
It's for our fourth generation....

2 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by EconomistXplain: 5:26pm On Mar 22
We dont need this joke of a highway...have people noy been going to calabar via this routes even as we speak via road...?

If he is serious, he should commit funds for a railway for same route...not this, unnecessary project...

Nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by SalamRushdie: 5:28pm On Mar 22
Menclothing:

It’s a ppp can Berger do road for free and collect money with toll for 25yrs

Is it not the same PPP they were supposed to do on Lekki Epe despite govt even helping them with funds ..how did that turn out ...
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:31pm On Mar 22
They are just going to destroy natural landscape and I dont think they know the amount of Bridges that will be required to cross the riverine areas.

Tinubu is a complete dunce and the country will keep suffering until he is removed.

Yet another misplaced priority and waste of funds.

Y not expand the existing Roads being utilised for that journey by adding extra lanes and rebuilding it stone base?

U left one problem to create another problem. Mumu!

1 Like

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by integrity16(m): 5:31pm On Mar 22
Honestly I don't like this guy (Tinubu), but if he's able to deliver this project before 2027 then he has my vote.
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Benwallt(m): 5:33pm On Mar 22
wwwihy:

E patewo fun Tinubu

Why cutting out the southeast?
Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by lozanni(m): 5:33pm On Mar 22
The pictures look like those of the high rise towers at the beginning of Bishop Aboyade Cole Street Victoria Island, when coming from the Ahmadu Bello Way.
If the above is true, it means the highway will intersect the Akin Adesola Road and continue to the Lekki Coastal Road using bridges to cross the Kuramo water etc.
The above might just be speculations, but let us wait and see how it develops.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by nedekid: 5:39pm On Mar 22
GanagiBitrus:

Na Julius Berger for handle this kind project.
How baba go get him own construction company come carry contract give another company?

2 Likes

Re: Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway by Richyfj(m): 5:43pm On Mar 22
What happens to oyo and Osun state just because there are PDP state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight / Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) / Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.