Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. (69292 Views)

PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga / Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria / Can You Name The 4 Wrestling Legends In These Pictures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by MICHEALADEX(m): 5:52pm On Mar 23
christejames:
Blame the govt and the society for making them idle and hapless undecided

The govt for not providing enabling environment for these abled youths to thrive financially and the society, for imbuing an utopian culture in the minds of the youth that they can succeed even without starting from the grassroot shocked. It's even been worsened with the lace of religious gullibility in the Christian folks, posterity preaching amongst the pentecostal denomination. shocked

If they are jobless, are they also homeless?

1 Like

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by omoadeleye(m): 5:52pm On Mar 23
You can't use those junkies to conclude on Nigeria
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Omenlon: 5:53pm On Mar 23
stevnwigw1:
The unemployment rate in Imo is very high, since 2014 till date no Imo state governor has employed anyone. The governors have failed Imo state citizens, may God help the land of hope.
how many can govt employ?. People should make good use of their lives instead of always waiting for govt to better their lives.
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Honestey: 5:54pm On Mar 23
We need to kill corruption and we need to hold a national conference to agree on NO ONE IS ABOVE LAW or else we will all perish in a matter of decades

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by NPFLADMIN(m): 5:55pm On Mar 23
Sigh! Where is Nigeria going?
Anyways, Abeg just dash me 17k. Plz. I really need it. 9053920228 Opay.
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by jojothaiv(m): 5:55pm On Mar 23
LOVEALAIGBO:

Three letters: APC
While I'm no fan of the politics that goes on in this part of the country, are we as a group of people accountable to ourselves?
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Mandate1: 5:56pm On Mar 23
Wainey:
Don't blame hardship, these people are just betking greedy addicts that wants to use N100 to get 25k in less than 2hours.
The economy affects me too but you will not see me in a bet shop.

To those quoting me that it is hardship, I know of a barber who owns a shop and have people working under him, he is a bet9ja addict, despite having a big shop, he can't boast of N50k, is that one hardship too
blv me idleness leads to this. A fully engaged person won't even have time to check phone, talk more of betting. I once used to be a lover of football bets, not this type óò, but as soon as I bcam fully engaged, this menace stopped. Get the youths fully engaged and they won't have time for exuberances like this. It's partly their fault, but sincerely govt needs to do more.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Onewazobia(m): 5:57pm On Mar 23
Wainey:
Don't blame hardship, these people are just betking greedy addicts that wants to use N100 to get 25k in less than 2hours.
On the other hand, This could also be a betting shop that opens 24hours in a very busy place, the people got tired of betting around 3midnight, couldn't go home and decided to sleep there.
Some of them have small businesses that fetch them little money, but after the day's work, this is where they spend the money

You might not understand the full implication of bad economy on the youths and overall future of a nation

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Seunpapa65: 5:57pm On Mar 23
post=129072131:

Noooo.
It's not.
These are the so called leaders of tomorrow innit?!
Something must be done to curb this vices.

Oh okay,
So they Seized the properties of these youths lying on the floor?
Thanks for telling us.
Now we know.
We will tell whoever Seized their properties to please return them before or by Monday morning undecided
Lol when you bet on credit what do you expect although some of them are there to whine away time
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Omenlon: 5:57pm On Mar 23
Stephench:

They're betting addicts but things led to it. Humans are greedy by nature but if Nigeria was a bit easier than it is, this menace wouldn't be this serious.
so no bet addicts in Europe and America, Abi?

1 Like

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Kennitrust(m): 5:58pm On Mar 23
But honestly, we too plenty for this country giving to the kind of leaders that we have.

A country where one person will loot money that makes him richer than about five African countries

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by frankson1(m): 5:58pm On Mar 23
Wainey:

To those quoting me that it is hardship, I know of a barber who owns a shop and have people working under him, he is a bet9ja addict, despite having a big shop, he can't boast of N50k, is that one hardship too

I've been with people who's monthly take is over N4m that are still gambling.

Betting is not only for the 'poor'.

Besides, most of our young people don't want to 'suffer', they just want millions of Naira rain on them.

2 Likes

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by PHAYOL81: 5:59pm On Mar 23
What?
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Villa12(m): 5:59pm On Mar 23
Loopdeeloopa:
I wonder how we reason in Nigeria sef. Nigeria has had a spiraling economy for years that is so obvious to any human with a brain to see that this country is headed to its grave . The amount of revenue the country generates has greatly reduced, the amount of corruption in the country has greatly increased, the amount of jobs being created has greatly reduced yet Nigerians keep giving birth in multitudes, the average poor man has nothing less than 4 children, do Nigerains even think about the future at all, do you guys understand the horror you are putting your kids in.

The population of Nigeria is greatly increasing mean while the economy is greatly dwindling to the ground, people that are giving birth to children need to understand that the next coming years of Nigeria will be a horror, crime rates will sky rocket, there will be very few jobs with millions competeing, starting your own businesses wont be as easy as it used to be. You are literally setting your kids up for failure when they grow into the market.
But uner still get the mentality say "e go better" and "God go provide", I dey laugh sha.

Don't worry Op it will soon reach the point where these guys can't afford 100 naira to bet anymore then they will start robbing, kidnapping, sacrificing and murdering people.
this is already happening sef. They now rob on a broad daylight and go scot-free. This country is gone

1 Like

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Omenlon: 5:59pm On Mar 23
Onewazobia:

You might not understand the full implication of bad economy on the youths and overall future of a nation
what have you done for yourself as an individual to escape the hardship or better your own life?
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by AuwalYusuf812(m): 6:00pm On Mar 23
We are just starting cheesy
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Omenlon: 6:00pm On Mar 23
Villa12:
this is already happening sef. They now rob on a broad daylight and go scot-free. This country is gone
and you are still alive in the same country
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Korectmann: 6:02pm On Mar 23
helinues:
shocked shocked
Congratulations, you are one of those selected for our upcoming interview on Monday. Time is 9am prompt. Try and be there on time or else you'll be rejected.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Wainey: 6:02pm On Mar 23
Mandate1:
blv me idleness leads to this. A fully engaged person won't even have time to check phone, talk more of betting. I once used to be a lover of football bets, not this type óò, but as soon as I bcam fully engaged, this menace stopped. Get the youths fully engaged and they won't have time for exuberances like this. It's partly their fault, but sincerely govt needs to do more.
Oga don't blame govt.
We know the effect of bad governance when we see one.
These are people that doesn't want to work but wants to make money
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by tolue42(m): 6:02pm On Mar 23
softtorce:
Is this from the agbado or ebi pawa state ?

Imo owerri. Watch the video online

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Villa12(m): 6:03pm On Mar 23
Omenlon:
and you are still alive in the same country
Is kidnapping and Banditary also lies? Why haven't they kidnapped everybody? If the useless government failed to do what is right, it will definitely increase beyond comprehension

1 Like

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Kakamorufu(m): 6:04pm On Mar 23
softtorce:
Is this from the agbado or ebi pawa state ?

Na from AFGERNEASTERN state o. Land of the rising sun grin grin grin
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Omenlon: 6:05pm On Mar 23
NPFLADMIN:
Sigh!
Where is Nigeria going?

Anyways, Abeg just dash me 17k. Plz. I really need it. 9053920228 Opay.
I commented here on this thread say I dey look for plumber for two days now, I no see, and here you are dey beg for free money, nonsense make una wait for govt.

1 Like

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Mandate1: 6:05pm On Mar 23
Wainey:
Oga don't blame govt.
We know the effect of bad governance when we see one.
These are people that doesn't want to work but wants to make money
how do you conclude they don't want to work? When you visit places like des, always enquire from them why they are wasting away. Any betshop you visit, 50% of the customers there are unemployed graduates tired of submitting CV's. You can make your findings if you will.

Do you know how many companies have folded up since the advent of this new govt. Ponder on whr their workers are now and what they do? Most rely on this bet menace to have succor and hope for the future. I'm not in anyway supporting this anomaly, but rest assured the govt needs to do better. Till date, the Nigerian govt does not even know the number of her citizens, how much more the total number of unemployed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by FuckOsuPigs: 6:06pm On Mar 23
God1000:
How do we get to this level?

You will not see young people betting this way in a country where there are job opportunities

That's incorrect. In the UK here, Naija na pikin when it comes to youth betting.

1 Like

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:06pm On Mar 23
Wainey:
Don't blame hardship, this is not the effect of bad govt, a graduate Hawking water is effect of bad govt, these are people that doesn't want to work yet wants to make money.

Some of them even have small businesses that fetch them little money, but after the day's work, this is where they spend the money.
dat one is confaam oju okpolokpo eyes!
grin
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by smasher1(m): 6:06pm On Mar 23
Goodnewsforlife:
In as much as I agree all is not well with Nigeria, it’s obvious this is staged

There’s no way a bet shop could b this big without a chair

It’s impossible

It's possible. Have you gone to a big bank in Nigeria that has crowd with 50 chairs in it? The number of chairs must be limited likely less than 20 or 10 no matter the crowd to reduce people sitting in the business all day long with no where to go. Same here.
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by chidiokay: 6:07pm On Mar 23
Wainey:
On the other hand, This could also be a betting shop that opens 24hours in a very busy place, the people got tired of betting around 3midnight, couldn't go home and decided to sleep there.
Some of them have small businesses that fetch them little money, but after the day's work, this is where they spend the money

Its shocking a lot of people that have commented on these pictures are not thoughtful enough
I have entered betting shops and at some point own one, never seen anything like that, the question to unravel the picture

a. will shop owner allow boiz sleep like that during business hour ..i.e day time

b. Is it possible to see over 10 youths sleep during the day in one place

My guess is that the shop owner outsource that place as a "Shelter" to street boiz to lay there heads at night, might be free or they pay a token

its goes beyond betting spirit or whatever ... apparently those are homeless boiz

2 Likes

Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Wainey: 6:08pm On Mar 23
Mandate1:
how do you conclude they don't want to work? When you visit places like des, always enquire from them why they are wasting away. Any betshop you visit, 50% of the customer's there are unemployed graduates tired of submitting CV's. You can make your findings if you will.
the essence of graduating is not to see a job.
They are lost because they felt they are entitled to a job just because they went to school.
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by ellizy(m): 6:08pm On Mar 23
I can't just wait to see this sport gambling go into extinction...
It's demonic, addictive
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by bablon20(m): 6:10pm On Mar 23
A gambler will always remain a gambler even if he's in d midst of job opportunities. The narrative of the poster is bias. No be who get money dey play nairabet?
Re: These Pictures Is An Indication That All Is Not Well With Nigeria. by Lanruze: 6:11pm On Mar 23
Both Holy Books i.e The Quoran & Bible explicitly notified in the Dangers and End of the three (3) most damaging vices that brings down great men
1, Sex (Women)
2, Alcohol & Substances (Drugs)
3, Gambling.

The widening polarisation between the rich & poor in Nigeria has triggered the Gambling addiction more.

Play a game with N10k & win N10m. Gambling in Nigeria has become an opium similar to religion with the hedonistic and fun-loving entitlement majority Nigerians who are new converts to this addictive vice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PSG Forward,angel Di Maria,sentenced To Prison / 23 Of The Slickest Dressing Rooms In Football. (Gallery) / Nigerian Girls Vs Russian Girls Penalty Kick Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.