Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,550 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? (28385 Views)

This Whatsapp Status Was Posted By Someone's Wife. Should I Tell Her Husband? / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Therealbosslady: 8:33pm On Mar 24
AhπŸ˜‚
You better mind your business
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Mar 24
psalmsjob:
β–  There's no laws or custom in yoruba that allows for married women to engage in adultery talk more of bringing children into her marriage but people engage in it howbeit secretly before they are found out oftentimes through legal "instruments" of the yoruba custom so that those not then mean because some "omo-ale" yoruba do it that yoruba custom permits it even just by what it's called you'll understand that yorubas abhor it.
Well, individuals may resort to that but the customary laws are not mapped along lines of individual prejudices and issues.

Anyways, read the following .... this https://www./yoke-paternity-child-born-valid-marriage-eunice-tolulope

https://ogboduogbeandassociates.medium.com/marriage-paternity-issues-presumptions-of-law-678a717fbaea
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by bigman001(m): 8:38pm On Mar 24
MadeINchenzen2:
Paternity fraud is not a new trend with today's women, each time I see my friend and his kids I see the odd differences between his son and the rest of the kids... The boy doesn't look like his siblings or parents. Do I tell him to run a paternity check? Or I just mind my business?

What do you think? Suggestions and advice are welcomed, feel free to insult the OP if you can't help it. Thanks

Is your friend blind to see the difference ? if you tend to be a home destroyer feel free to go ahead and tell him , but remember Karma is a bitch, it will surely get back to you one way or the other even if it's going to get to the level of taking you out. Do you think in the long run she will not know you are the home breaker, and you will surely get what you deserve.

Mind your business and move on.
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by b1olat: 8:47pm On Mar 24
Is your friend suffering from eye problem. Don't stick your nose in there hence you get bruised.
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by rafcrown(m): 8:51pm On Mar 24
Thats why the society is what it is.Mind your business and let people do rubbish.
Dikegodspower:
Wetin concern you, is it your business?
Why you dey drink Para for another man headache.
Why your mouth dey scratch you.
Do.you have cancer of the mouth?
Go to church or mosque any one you choose and tell God to purge you of hate,bite bitting,and love for People's wife because these your action is driven by lust.
Nawa for people o.
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by PerfectStranger(m): 8:52pm On Mar 24
Xxxylxxxx:

May such a thing happen to you.
Another id1ot
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by MuslimIgbo: 8:54pm On Mar 24
Dikegodspower:
Wetin concern you, is it your business?
Why you dey drink Para for another man headache.
Why your mouth dey scratch you.
Do.you have cancer of the mouth?
Go to church or mosque any one you choose and tell God to purge you of hate,bite bitting,and love for People's wife because these your action is driven by lust.
Nawa for people o.
If best friend knows that your wife is a WHORÉ and now she's even sleeping with your landlord, will you like your Friend to tell you or look away?
When will you weyrey have SENSE with this nonsense talk of mind your business?

1 Like

Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by MuslimIgbo: 8:58pm On Mar 24
Rhassidy360:
Mind your business oga ade
Wey rey
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by achimendy(m): 9:00pm On Mar 24
MadeINchenzen2:
Paternity fraud is not a new trend with today's women, each time I see my friend and his kids I see the odd differences between his son and the rest of the kids... The boy doesn't look like his siblings or parents. Do I tell him to run a paternity check? Or I just mind my business?

What do you think? Suggestions and advice are welcomed, feel free to insult the OP if you can't help it. Thanks

If the difference between your friend and his children is strong pls tell him, nothing kills a man fast as paternity fraud.

Tell him to secretly do it. Paternity fraud is real.
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by MuslimIgbo: 9:02pm On Mar 24
PerfectStranger:

You're an id1ot, you have personal issues to face but you chose to show interest in another man's family.

Are you that jobless? Tueh
You're an oloriburuku
This is the evil statement you oloriburukus used to get us to this evil situation.
Mind your business until you go to hell
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by achimendy(m): 9:03pm On Mar 24
bigman001:

Is your friend blind to see the difference ? if you tend to be a home destroyer feel free to go ahead and tell him , but remember Karma is a bitch, it will surely get back to you one way or the other even if it's going to get to the level of taking you out. Do you think in the long run she will not know you are the home breaker, and you will surely get what you deserve.

Mind your business and move on.

But what if he is right, and the children are not his own, what will you say?
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On Mar 24
achimendy:
β–  If the difference between your friend and his children is strong pls tell him, nothing kills a man fast as paternity fraud. Tell him to secretly do it. Paternity fraud is real.
It is only real if the marriage agreement was not sealed under Customary Law. Otherwise, the man is not a victim but in a marriage agreement that makes allowance for all children born within the marriage. undecided
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Olaolex: 9:05pm On Mar 24
thesicilian:
Are you that jobless
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by achimendy(m): 9:06pm On Mar 24
Jesse1991:
Op, Evil persist when good men do nothing. I will advice you to stylishly talk to your friend if he is some you really care about. The rate women are coming paternity fraud these days is alarming... Is there is a worldwide plan to dump bastards on men in the name of Marriage.

Hahahahahahahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Exactly.
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Unseen(m): 9:08pm On Mar 24
SIMPonPatrol:
According to African culture a child born under a man's roof is automatically his child, you guys need to stop disturbing yourselves with this DNA test nonsense

Stop saying what you don't know

According to African culture, a man reserves the right to ACCEPT or REJECT any child born by his wife that's not his blood.

That's if the couples are traditionally married, and the wife got pregnant outside, it's the exclusive right of the husband to ACCEPT or REJECT the child.

If the husband rejects the child, there's nothing anybody can do about it and vice versa.

Such law was created to give room for impotent men to allow their wives get pregnant outside without the original father having claim to the child.

It also gives room for women married to fill up the lineage of a dead man to get pregnant from random men without the men claiming the child because her husbands did not reject the child.

The law was never for PATERNITY FRAUD.

1 Like

Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by achimendy(m): 9:09pm On Mar 24
Kobojunkie:
It is only real if the marriage agreement was not sealed under Customary Law. Otherwise, the man is not a victim but in a marriage agreement that makes allowance for all children born within the marriage. undecided

Let him tell him first, then we will know if it's customary or not.
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Jomonix: 9:11pm On Mar 24
MadeINchenzen2:

What if none is from you? This is a possible scenario.
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On Mar 24
achimendy:
β–  Let him tell him first, then we will know if it's customary or not.
Whether he tells his friend or not does not impact in any way what the law says. If the friend, does not like the conditions presented to him by the law, then he can always get a divorce and avoid customary marriage laws for good. grin
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by achimendy(m): 9:14pm On Mar 24
Unseen:

Stop saying what you don't know

According to African culture, a man reserves the right to ACCEPT or REJECT any child born by his wife that's not his blood.

That's if the couples are traditionally married, and the wife got pregnant outside, it's the exclusive right of the husband to ACCEPT or REJECT the child.

If the husband rejects the child, there's nothing anybody can do about it and vice versa.

Such law was created to give room for impotent men to allow their wives get pregnant outside without the original father having claim to the child.

It also gives room for women married to fill up the lineage of a dead man to get pregnant from random men without the men claiming the child because her husbands did not reject the child.

The law was never for PATERNITY FRAUD.

Why are you wasting your time replying to the rubbish he write up there. Some people always have excuses for bad behaviour.

1 Like

Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On Mar 24
Unseen:
β–  Stop saying what you don't know. According to African culture, a man reserves the right to [b]ACCEPT or REJECT any child born by his wife that's not his blood. That's if the couples are traditionally married, and the wife got pregnant outside, it's the exclusive right of the husband to ACCEPT or REJECT the child. [/b] If the husband rejects the child, there's nothing anybody can do about it and vice versa. Such law was created to give room for impotent men to allow their wives get pregnant outside without the original father having claim to the child. It also gives room for women married to fill up the lineage of a dead man to get pregnant from random men without the men claiming the child because her husbands did not reject the child. The law was never for PATERNITY FRAUD.
None of what you claim here makes any sense given Customary Marriage Laws in Nigeria are set on the fact that all children born within a marriage belong to the man, irrespective of their actual paternity. Anyone who does not accept such terms simply needs to divorce the customary Laws of the land. Under customary Law, paternity fraud is a hoax! undecided

https://www./yoke-paternity-child-born-valid-marriage-eunice-tolulope
https://ogboduogbeandassociates.medium.com/marriage-paternity-issues-presumptions-of-law-678a717fbaea

1 Like

Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by PerfectStranger(m): 9:16pm On Mar 24
MuslimIgbo:

You're an oloriburuku
This is the evil statement you oloriburukus used to get us to this evil situation.
Mind your business until you go to hell
C'mon shut up. Of all your personal problems in life na another man wife dey give u headache.
I don't know which day una go get sense for this life
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Mar 24
achimendy:
β–  Why are you wasting your time replying to the rubbish he write up there. Some people always have excuses for bad behaviour.
What you refer to as an excuse for bad behavior was created by your forefathers, the same ones who also excused polygamous marriage for men only under those same customary laws. undecided
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Bimpe29: 9:19pm On Mar 24
Falana gbo tie. Not all the time you say something when you see something. My two cents.
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Jesubaby: 9:28pm On Mar 24
So, na you get eye pass your friend na. Home breakers. Go and marry and mind your family business
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by hansomb: 9:36pm On Mar 24
Kobojunkie:
The same Nigerian traditional marriage laws β€” Customary Laws β€”that allow men to engage in polygamous unions are the very same one that allows the woman to bring children from outside into the marriage. Your ancestors designed it that way. undecided
I don't know from which culture you talking about. Adoption is normal, but fathering a bastard that's not your sperm is another thing entirely different. Maybe you consulted the wrong ancestors. Mine don't behave that way. If such a child is born into Royalty, he can never become king.
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Rajahbite(m): 9:51pm On Mar 24
PointZerom:

What they don't know is that a child can resemble anybody in their lineage. It can be from his mother side etc.
That is exactly what I was thinking because those genes responsible for physical resemblance might be recessive in the first child but turn out to be dominant in subsequent children.
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by ObalendeCMS: 9:53pm On Mar 24
Bros, please tell your friend. It's not good to encourage the bad behaviours of these Os!
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by sfinkzslot(m): 9:55pm On Mar 24
MadeINchenzen2:

Mind ya business
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Mar 24
hansomb:
β–  I don't know from which culture you talking about. Adoption is normal, but fathering a bastard that's not your sperm is another thing entirely different. Maybe you consulted the wrong ancestors. Mine don't behave that way.
β–  If such a child is born into Royalty, he can never become king
Look, even customary law is not according to your whims but according to the Law as set down by your ancestors, OK? undecided

Under Customary Law in Nigeria, every child born during a marriage is presumed to belong to the man. So, as long as that marriage is in continuance, every child born belongs to the man. Now, if the man does not wish to father a bastard and all that, then he should altogether avoid customary Law unions. Otherwise, he is not a victim but one who accepted a marriage agreement that allows him polygamy while at the same time allowing the woman to bring into the marriage even children fathered by other men. grin

He may not be allowed to become king but so long as the marriage is not annulled, the law considers the kind the father to said child. undecided
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by highbee02: 10:01pm On Mar 24
SIMPonPatrol:
According to African culture a child born under a man's roof is automatically his child, you guys need to stop disturbing yourselves with this DNA test nonsense

Which culture supports raising a bastard?
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On Mar 24
highbee02:
β–  Which culture supports raising a bastard?
Nigerian customary marriage Laws. undecided
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by mabea: 10:19pm On Mar 24
Wawelexy:
Oga ignore all these ones blabbing up there, if your friend is truly someone you care about and really close to, tell him... How will someone keep taking care of bills for a child that doesn't belongs to him? That's the highest level of wickedness a woman can do to a man.... Tell him to run the test bro, if it comes out positive, he will understands you only care about him, and if it's the other way round, he will be glad you saved him from wasted effort and future heart break. It's better to remain single as a baby dada, than to be married to a harlot and at the same time fending for another man's child.

A wh*re deserves no pity. Men supporting men
There's no wisdom in this because if this boy grew up knowing him as father and verse versa without any issues they both would remain like that for eternity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Sent To Prison For Failing To Marry A Lady He Got Pregnant In Lagos / Life At 30 When You're Not Married / Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.