Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,900 members, 7,810,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? (28381 Views)

This Whatsapp Status Was Posted By Someone's Wife. Should I Tell Her Husband? / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Ishilove: 10:21pm On Mar 24
GloriousGbola:

https://www.nairaland.com/mrsaminabello/posts/3

Look at this riffraff - stealer of profile pictures and a living shit stain. Do not mistake me for the lower human beings you roll with. Better find your way back to beggars den - she-male.
KO!!! 😂😂😂

Such inspirational savagery 🥺
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by highbee02: 10:24pm On Mar 24
Kobojunkie:
Nigerian customary marriage Laws. undecided

Is culture not different from law?
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by ifinger: 10:29pm On Mar 24
Onijere SEH u sure say Na Ur papa born u? E go shock u

Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Kingzmate(m): 10:30pm On Mar 24
EVEN SK NO RESEMBLE WEED grin
BUT BOT OF THEM DEY WORK AS HIGH cool
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by dododawa1: 10:31pm On Mar 24
Carry your load for HAND

And

Carry someone own for HEAD

Continue.

1 Like

Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On Mar 24
highbee02:
â–  Is culture not different from law?
Culture is under customary Law. grin
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Burgerlomo: 10:39pm On Mar 24
Yes tell him Mr Alainishe, Mr Minister for Home Affairs

Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by CuriousX: 10:40pm On Mar 24
Kobojunkie:
The same African traditional marriage laws that allow men to engage in polygamous unions is the very same one that allows the woman bring children from outside into the marriage. Your ancestors designed it that way. grin

I can't wrap my head around it.i feel like someone hit my head with a hammer. How come such kids/bastards don't become heirs/sit on the throne if it was designed that way?
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Eriokanmi: 10:41pm On Mar 24
id4sho:

That's why Nigeria is in this State undecided. Am glad my late dad's eyes opened shortly before his death. Leave matters abeg
Why Nigeria is in what state? You can't try this in the western countries. If the husband doesn't sue you, the wife will...for intrusion. We too get time to pokenose for this country. Do you even know if the guy is impotent and both the husband and wife are aware of the issue but kept it secret? Are you part of their family?

Chochocho Nigerians won't mind wetin dey pepper dem for under their cloth. Na anoda pesin mata dey hungry them.

2 Likes

Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Unseen(m): 10:45pm On Mar 24
Kobojunkie:
None of what you claim here makes any sense given Customary Marriage Laws in Nigeria are set on the fact that all children born within a marriage belong to the man, irrespective of their actual paternity. Anyone who does not accept such terms simply needs to divorce the customary Laws of the land. Under customary Law, paternity fraud is a hoax! undecided

https://www./yoke-paternity-child-born-valid-marriage-eunice-tolulope
https://ogboduogbeandassociates.medium.com/marriage-paternity-issues-presumptions-of-law-678a717fbaea

I am going to reply you this once.

What I explained has been in existence before colonialism... Talk more of any customary whatever.

It's still at play till date.

It's obvious you're looking for excuses for paternity fraud... So believe what you must
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Kobojunkie: 10:46pm On Mar 24
CuriousX:
â–  I can't wrap my head around it.i feel like someone hit my head with a hammer. How come such kids/bastards don't become heirs/sit on the throne if it was designed that way?
The marriage laws are separate laws from those which rule as far as kingship in the various communities. The King and his noblemen decide who can or cannot be the king and this is on a case-by-case basis. Traditional marriage laws on the other hand are the same regardless of the situation or status of the individuals in question. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Kobojunkie: 10:47pm On Mar 24
Unseen:
â–  I am going to reply you this once. What I explained has been in existence before colonialism... Talk more of any customary whatever. It's still at play till date. It's obvious you're looking for excuses for paternity fraud... So believe what you must
What you refer to as an excuse are laws that have been in place for almost 100 years and were put in place by your ancestors. Those same laws that allow you polygamy equally insist that all children born within the marriage by your wife are yours to care for and cater to. undecided

The easy way to avoid all of this is not to even go near traditional marriage at all. grin
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Verbtips(m): 10:50pm On Mar 24
Rajahbite:

That is exactly what I was thinking because those genes responsible for physical resemblance might be recessive in the first child but turn out to be dominant in subsequent children.
i love your biologimetry
and ss married ss
there is still probability that none of the children will be ss
but the p. Low sha.
two of my cousin resemble each other
the first from delta while the second from calabar
if you see both of them you will think that the are from the same parent
although when i visited home
i saw the photo of my aunt who married a calabar man, while growing up maybe 8years
these two of my cousin are carbon copy
but her self don't have the face again she resemble my grandmother nw
truely good is great even science can't explain this,
just 23 pairs of chromosome carry all this

1 Like

Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Judd007: 10:55pm On Mar 24
Wetin concern you? Go check your own
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Dinono: 11:19pm On Mar 24
Mind your business
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by ejimatic: 11:36pm On Mar 24
MadeINchenzen2:
Paternity fraud is not a new trend with today's women, each time I see my friend and his kids I see the odd differences between his son and the rest of the kids... The boy doesn't look like his siblings or parents. Do I tell him to run a paternity check? Or I just mind my business?

What do you think? Suggestions and advice are welcomed, feel free to insult the OP if you can't help it. Thanks
. Don't get involved in a battle that is not yours!
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Mercury12(m): 12:16am On Mar 25
MadeINchenzen2:
Paternity fraud is not a new trend with today's women, each time I see my friend and his kids I see the odd differences between his son and the rest of the kids... The boy doesn't look like his siblings or parents. Do I tell him to run a paternity check? Or I just mind my business?

What do you think? Suggestions and advice are welcomed, feel free to insult the OP if you can't help it. Thanks
tell him about the high paternity fraud statistics. Perhaps if he is wise, he will know what to do
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Coronavirus1: 12:26am On Mar 25
Those your own son look like you mind your business.
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by afrika4real(m): 1:16am On Mar 25
MadeINchenzen2:

in as much you are the only one that have mouth to talk, go and tell him. Boda saliu elenu gbo'ro
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Wawelexy(m): 2:54am On Mar 25
mabea:
There's no wisdom in this because if this boy grew up knowing him as father and verse versa without any issues they both would remain like that for eternity.

Just imagine! Too much wisdom in your comments. You deserve no reply. SMH
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by ajayiebenezer19: 3:07am On Mar 25
What God had joined together let no man put assounder. Alade i komo
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by mizzreg: 4:03am On Mar 25
MadeINchenzen2:

Just mind your business
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by MuslimIgbo: 4:29am On Mar 25
PerfectStranger:

C'mon shut up. Of all your personal problems in life na another man wife dey give u headache.
I don't know which day una go get sense for this life
Ọdẹ
What misery, what miserable, what senseless and useless personal problem do you have in your meaningless life that should stop you from being your brother's keeper?
You lack wisdom and common sense honestly.
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by ussv: 4:52am On Mar 25
Please kindly mind your business o
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Obiorahpcfg: 5:16am On Mar 25
Home breaker and God will expose you if you try that rubbish!
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by alphaNomega: 5:29am On Mar 25
MadeINchenzen2:

tell him and get it off your mind.
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by wifeesnatcher(m): 5:56am On Mar 25
SIMPonPatrol:
According to African culture a child born under a man's roof is automatically his child, you guys need to stop disturbing yourselves with this DNA test nonsense

Until the father of the child returned to claimed back the child
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Kobojunkie: 6:00am On Mar 25
wifeesnatcher:
∆ Until the father of the child returned to claimed back the child
Not if the woman he had the child with was married under customary marriage terms. So long as the woman's husband claims the child, he -- the one who had a child with a married woman --can do nothing. undecided
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by wifeesnatcher(m): 6:05am On Mar 25
Kobojunkie:
Not if the women he had the child with was married under customary marriage terms. So long as the woman's husband claims the child, he -- the one who had a child with a married woman --can do nothing. undecided

You're inexperienced, If DNA confirm the man coming to claimed the child as his own, he will win easily in any court

It is left for the child whose he want to make his dad, this might damage his pyshcological life forever. Why not just close your pant and give it to one diick instead of the stress and distrust and controversies attach to it
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by Kobojunkie: 6:18am On Mar 25
wifeesnatcher:
â–  You're inexperienced, If DNA confirm the man coming to claimed the child as his own, he will win easily in any court. It is left for the child whose he want to make his dad, this might damage his pyshcological life forever. Why not just close your pant and give it to one diick instead of the stress and distrust and controversies attach to it
Let's assume for argument's sake that the only reason why a man would present DNA proof in customary court would be to claim custody of a child of his. There are traditions where the custody of the child belongs to the mother so long as the man has not paid a bride price on her head. In such a case, would this DNA proof in customary court overrule such traditional law? Would the child be handed over to the man against the mother? undecided
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by ogbe88(m): 6:18am On Mar 25
Kobojunkie:
He is actually very very correct. Customary/Traditional Marriage laws in Nigeria have almost always allowed for paternity fraud in marriage. Your ancestors designed it that. grin
Another confused gender.
Re: My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? by PerfectStranger(m): 6:23am On Mar 25
MuslimIgbo:

Ọdẹ
What misery, what miserable, what senseless and useless personal problem do you have in your meaningless life that should stop you from being your brother's keeper?
You lack wisdom and common sense honestly.
Your brothers keeper? In another person's matrimonial life? God! What sort of daft humans are you sending down to earth.

Brothers keeper but if I tell you my problems now and request for financial help from u, u go Japa. You and sense are far from each other ode

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Sent To Prison For Failing To Marry A Lady He Got Pregnant In Lagos / Life At 30 When You're Not Married / Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.