Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,719 members, 7,813,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Why Do Nigerian Mothers Always Use This Word On Their Male Children - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Mothers Always Use This Word On Their Male Children (1825 Views)

Why Are Some Mothers Always Miserable When Their Daughters Are Present? / Do Female Lecturers Chase After Their Male Students? / “Women Rarely Speak Up About Financially Supporting Their Male Partners” – Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Mothers Always Use This Word On Their Male Children by Brighton1(m): 4:38pm On Mar 24
Why is it that Our mothers like to use this statement only on their male children. “If it is food I hide nw you will see it” Weda u are a foodie or not our mothers must use the word on their boys only 😂😂
Since when I was born and now I’m getting old, my mother still use that statement on me. Who I offend abeg😂

After church, I decided to go see my beautiful real African mom, frm my house to my family house is just a 20 minute drive.
As I got home I greeted her and we started talking, after some minutes she wanted to write out some details from her phone so she told me to help her get her glasses in her room close to the pillow, I got there and search everywhere round her bed but I didn’t see it,

I came out and I said mummy i didn’t see ur glasses, in her voice “check very well nw, it’s close to my pillow.. if it’s food nw you will see it.. if it’s food nw anywhere I hide it u will see it” then she stood up, went to her room and searched for the glasses, she found it in her bed stand little shelf drawer… African parents will never tell you sorry for the mis-direction rather she said ”u should have looked for it very well but if I say okay Bright go to my room and bring the food I kept there, evn without telling u the exact location u will look for the food and bring it”

LMAO 😂. Nigerian mothers are the best jare.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Mothers Always Use This Word On Their Male Children by MaziObinnaokija: 5:05pm On Mar 24
sad
Re: Why Do Nigerian Mothers Always Use This Word On Their Male Children by Inspirer1: 9:11pm On Mar 24
Brighton1:
Why is it that Our mothers like to use this statement only on their male children. “If it is food I hide nw you will see it” Weda u are a foodie or not our mothers must use the word on their boys only 😂😂
Since when I was born and now I’m getting old, my mother still use that statement on me. Who I offend abeg😂

After church, I decided to go see my beautiful real African mom, frm my house to my family house is just a 20 minute drive.
As I got home I greeted her and we started talking, after some minutes she wanted to write out some details from her phone so she told me to help her get her glasses in her room close to the pillow, I got there and search everywhere round her bed but I didn’t see it,

I came out and I said mummy i didn’t see ur glasses, in her voice “check very well nw, it’s close to my pillow.. if it’s food nw you will see it.. if it’s food nw anywhere I hide it u will see it” then she stood up, went to her room and searched for the glasses, she found it in her bed stand little shelf drawer… African parents will never tell you sorry for the mis-direction rather she said ”u should have looked for it very well but if I say okay Bright go to my room and bring the food I kept there, evn without telling u the exact location u will look for the food and bring it”

LMAO 😂. Nigerian mothers are the best jare.
grin grin grin grin she knows that you like food a lot...

On a serious note though, they believe that males don't joke with food, I think that's why they utter such or similar statements towards their male children

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Mothers Always Use This Word On Their Male Children by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:38pm On Mar 24
"u should have looked for it very well" SPOT ON!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Mothers Always Use This Word On Their Male Children by HillaryNelo(m): 10:41pm On Mar 24
In my life as long as there is food in the house nobody tells me the location I jst magical knw where it is

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Mothers Always Use This Word On Their Male Children by lilyheaven: 11:33pm On Mar 24
🤣🤣
Re: Why Do Nigerian Mothers Always Use This Word On Their Male Children by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:47am On Mar 25
It's yours fault take it as a lesson aways look beyond the scope in anything you are doing

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Mothers Always Use This Word On Their Male Children by Talkisneeded: 10:28am On Mar 25
At least food has aroma, glasses doesn't...

I sell herbs tho
Re: Why Do Nigerian Mothers Always Use This Word On Their Male Children by DAramis: 3:28pm On Mar 25
😂😂😂😄😄😂

African mothers, they have funny way of passing their message across.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Mothers Always Use This Word On Their Male Children by imagrg(m): 4:09pm On Mar 25
Suckling adult. grin

(1) (Reply)

Would This Be Real: / My Family Does Not Like My Fiance: But How Can I Tell Her / Fake Me, I Fake You God No Go Vex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.