Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,203 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job (35106 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by emperor4love(m): 10:59am On Mar 25
teewhydope:

A software developer with 3+ years of experience can easily earn 1m+ in Nigeria; fulltime salary + side gigs.
y reply de dude, let him go and verify how much total,ExxonMobil the pay workers

13 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by lavylilly: 12:58pm On Mar 25
wink
emperor4love:
Salary is good compared when u are underpaid in Nigeria
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by grandstar(m): 1:06pm On Mar 25
SeniorGee:
Nope, I earned my yearly salary in 2weeks. If you're not lazy, you will make it. Nothing like menial jobs, there is dignity of labour here. Its challenging but you can do it...

Which country please?
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by grandstar(m): 1:07pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

Even a politician don't earn up to a million monthly and that is not even with an employee job. So shove up your lies begger

There are many Nigerians earning over 1m a month. It's no big deal.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by chyzoo4u(m): 1:33pm On Mar 25
Do we have lucrative jobs in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by mekleelex200(m): 1:47pm On Mar 25
Hmm, who is foolish enough to regret it while it can pay your bills both home and abroad. The lucrative job in Nigeria is a sham, it can not pay bill.
Is sad how Nigeria leaders have made Nigerians celebrate visa of taking them abroad to slave away.
But is how we find ourselves because sick dog is better than dead lion.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by yewit37486: 1:47pm On Mar 25
teewhydope:

A software developer with 3+ years of experience can easily earn 1m+ in Nigeria; fulltime salary + side gigs.

I was shocked to see that comment. If he doesn't know people earning that amount, he should just say so instead of making ignorant comments online. Nairaland ehn. I smh.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by placeofallure(f): 1:49pm On Mar 25
NPFLADMIN:
Honestly, my dad knows a person in this situation.

He earns 1M as salary monthly and also has a side hustle which should be bringing him nothing less than 200k estimate. But the man still wants to leave 4 UK. And getting a job in the UK at the age of around 45+, isn't that almost impossible?

His wife is already there and she's doing care-job.

I still don't understand why he wants to move.

If I ever meet him with my dad before he leaves, I'll tell him "sir, you're making a big mistake!"

Well, he's still agile. I guess that's an advantage.

Well, 45 is not that old.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by GambaOsaka: 1:49pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

Even a politician don't earn up to a million monthly and that is not even with an employee job. So shove up your lies begger
So N1m monthly is a big deal where you come from?
What do you even know?

10 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Angelfrost(m): 1:49pm On Mar 25
NPFLADMIN:

Can someone earning nearly or more than 1.2M suddenly start begging for money?
Bro, I mean... Well, anything can happpen.

All it takes is one kidnap case, and one's entire life savings end in ransom payment.

See, money isn't the only or main motivation for people to Japa.

Many leave for better quality of life, change of environment, and better future for their kids.

The problem with many of you Anti-Japa activists is that y'all think money is everything!

Many people who left the country would never have left if security and healthcare didn't continue to deteriorate with the corrupt clowns you people keep electing.

That's why the people who suffer and complain the most after relocating are the same money-minded dolts who care for nothing but making money at all costs... That's why they get disappointed out there.

Most of you Nigerians worship money so much... It's just sad!

Same reason many of you complain bitterly about taxation in developed nations... Because, y'all will rather earn a lot, evade taxes, and show off or pepper your fellow citizens: The Nigerian Dream! SMH!!!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Panda7(m): 1:51pm On Mar 25
WithX:

While I think he may exaggerate, there are many people here in Nigeria earning cool 7digits on monthly basis, there are even some in the region of over 2m on monthly basis though most are with multinationals.

Sir, if you are sure of your statistics you can go ahead and mention their roles and the
companies they work. Working in a big or established companies don't guarantee you must earn very high. It's just packaging or showing off.. even during job interviews, the last question is usually how much you hope to earn and you cannot possibly tell your employee you wish to earn up to 200 and 500k a months and expect a call back. Even people who work in tech companies usually get there through internship which doesn't guarantee you much salary a month, they only work there for experience.

Earning anything close to 500k every month can guarantee you luxury lifestyle's and houses which you hardly see in Nigeria unless one is a business owner or entrepreneur. Oil companies abroad don't even pay more than $15k/ month for a start and that's excluding taxation and personal expenditures

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Latakia(f): 1:51pm On Mar 25
Na for UK I see people that also want to japa to Canada. There is no place like Nigeria for me with my little experience for UK, France, Belgium, Germany and Austria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Dennisochampa: 1:51pm On Mar 25
There is a thin line between lucrative Job in 9ja and menial job in abroad....
Take for example.... A salary job of 500k monthly after all deductions in 9ja....its a good job to you..
In the UK, you can earn as much as 12 pounds per hour for factory jobs... If you work 8hrs, u earn 96 pounds.... And for 3 days work, u can get an equivalent of 1 month 9ja salary.....
So the menial job abroad pays more than the office or lucrative job in 9ja in some cases... Though not all.....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by sylve11: 1:52pm On Mar 25
delkuf:
you see the reason why he left. So that his will not go about the internet begging for money.

Hahaha πŸ˜† cool
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by OboOlora(f): 1:52pm On Mar 25
NPFLADMIN:

He earns 1M as salary monthly and also has a side hustle which should be bringing him nothing less than 200k estimate. But the man still wants to leave 4 UK. And getting a job in the UK at the age of around 45+, isn't that almost impossible?

If I ever meet him with my dad before he leaves, I'll tell him "sir, you're making a big mistake!"

if e nor go, dem go help am pansh em wife
UK boiz de para now cheesy
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by folake4u(f): 1:53pm On Mar 25
Misery sure loves company. So you guys don't have friends abroad that are 9-5ers?

7 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Starhearts: 1:53pm On Mar 25
NPFLADMIN:

Can someone earning nearly or more than 1.2M suddenly start begging for money?
Bro, I mean... Well, anything can happpen.

But madam Jennyclay always beg 4 wig money πŸ’°

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Ciscogod(m): 1:53pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

Not for clout or anything . I’m an IT engr in my early 30s and I earn more than that .

If things work out . I’ll japa but via job thou

7 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Panda7(m): 1:53pm On Mar 25
GambaOsaka:

So N1m monthly is a big deal where you come from?
What do you even know?

Don't be silly, you have never been employed in your life not even for #7k

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by DeltaBachelor(m): 1:54pm On Mar 25
It's better to live in a very sane clime with security at least 90%. People think the major reason why people seek greener pastures is just for the papers. That's a big NO. Most people travel for all kinds of reasons. But the height of it all is a better life for you and your family.

Check my signature if you are having difficulty getting a good Band score in IELTS

7 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by CoronaVirusPro: 1:55pm On Mar 25
SeniorGee:
Nope, I earned my yearly salary in 2weeks. If you're not lazy, you will make it. Nothing like menial jobs, there is dignity of labour here. Its challenging but you can do it...

And how is your monthly rent? Your 2 years in Nigeria 🀣🀣🀣

I always laugh at y’all who convert foreign salary to Naira. Do you spend Naira there?

Convert your monthly rent and bills to Naira too, and tell people.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by schoolboymatt(m): 1:55pm On Mar 25
why would anybody do that?

sick if you ask me.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Starhearts: 1:55pm On Mar 25
Gadafii:
your dad does

Besides do you know anyone here that you are demanding them to send you 17k?

Why of madam Jennyclay

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by yewit37486: 1:55pm On Mar 25
folake4u:
Misery sure loves company. So you guys don't have friends abroad that are 9-5ers?

Don't mind them, lots of successful Nigerian professionals in the UK, Canada, US, etc. Care work trend only started in recent years, before during and after that - Nigerian professionals were and are still migrating and doing well there.
Plus, this topic has been overflogged like a million times.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by princetigris(m): 1:56pm On Mar 25
No. 1 among men greatest weaknesses is woman. That man should advise himself and stay back in Naija.

NPFLADMIN:

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Panda7(m): 1:57pm On Mar 25
Ciscogod:

Not for clout or anything . I’m an IT engr in my early 30s and I earn more than that .

If things work out . I’ll japa but via job thou

Please let's not chase clouts here, others are reading to get experience. I am into IT and I know people who are IT engineers working for banks but let's not start arguing about how much they earn

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by tochez24(m): 1:59pm On Mar 25
Gadafii:
your dad does

Besides do you know anyone here that you are demanding them to send you 17k?

My brother please can you let the poor breath πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Judolisco(m): 1:59pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

A senior civil servant earns close to that amount... My dad before he retired was earning close to 800k per month... Federal job o...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by obaidan: 2:00pm On Mar 25
Oyindamolah:
Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job

Share your experience with us with all sincerity and give advice ,who knows some people may just need it.
Have you ever left your lucrative Nigerian job be it in the banking, oil and gas, health sector for a menial job overseas & what do you feel about it right now.

We do know that is not that Rossy abroad as no country on earth is filled with milk and honey
Lucrative is about money, How lucrative are we talking about here? I guess it all depends on a lot of things, there's no one-shoe-fits all answer to this question. YOu have to consider the country, the education u have, THE DEMONSTRABLE SKILLS YOU POSSESS(very very important), the immigration pathways in the country u find plan to go(especially getting a permit to work), your age(in some cases). If you operate in the IT field and you are confident about your skills and ability to add value, and your destination is US, and the lucrative we are talking about is not huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge, BIN THAT LUCRATIVE JOB.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by afroxyz: 2:00pm On Mar 25
SeniorGee:

Are you spending the money in Naira? Better step up and do a better job

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by MT: 2:01pm On Mar 25
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by rajiedreez: 2:02pm On Mar 25
What makes life kinda difficult is that majority of Nigerians have entrepreneurial spirit in them and here in Nigeria you can be an entrepreneur without adhering to government policy which is very impossible abroad. Also it's difficult to get a professional job there with the barest minimum qualifications like in Nigeria.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

2015 Graduate Trainees Recruitment At Rainoil Limited / Finally Nimc Send Success Message / Mention The Worst Company To Work For In Nigeria, & Give Reasons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.