Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,459 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job (35108 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by MT: 2:02pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

Even a politician don't earn up to a million monthly and that is not even with an employee job. So shove up your lies begger

You are a funny dude.

Come and see middle age dudes in IT working for banks earning between 1 million to 2 million naira per month in Nigeria.

Because you have not seen do not mean it does not exist.

Such people plenty for Victoria Island in Lagos.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Bigboytinz: 2:03pm On Mar 25
Judolisco:
A senior civil servant earns close to that amount... My dad before he retired was earning close to 800k per month... Federal job o...
I'm sure he retired as a deputy director or director

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by africandollar: 2:03pm On Mar 25
yomi531:
Its Better to reign in hell than to serve in Heaven. Nam Angels(Who remembers that movie)...

My fellow Old Skool Lapel! I sight you wink

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Validated: 2:04pm On Mar 25
Except you are a lazy duck or your village people are greatly after you, noone leaves Nigeria and remains on survival job for more than 2 years. Worse case 3 years, so you poor folks should stop trolling people who relocated because you cannot.
If you could earn N1m a month in Nigeria, believe me, you have potential to earn N10m equivalent ($85750) in the West.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Panda7(m): 2:05pm On Mar 25
teewhydope:

A software developer with 3+ years of experience can easily earn 1m+ in Nigeria; fulltime salary + side gigs.

That is if you have a company willing to employ you and shell out that money every month. Else you can try big tech companies like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, FIFA+, EA, Laliga, Premier league etc. As far as I know, creating just API's doesn't guarantee your job security but being able to utilize it to your end users shows you understand what you are doing

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Ciscogod(m): 2:07pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

Please let's not chase clouts here, others are reading to get experience. I am into IT and I know people who are IT engineers working for banks but let's not start arguing about how much they earn

I’m a manger brother . Do I have a reason to lie ? I’ve ISP, telecoms and enterprise experience

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Panda7(m): 2:07pm On Mar 25
Judolisco:
A senior civil servant earns close to that amount... My dad before he retired was earning close to 800k per month... Federal job o...

Please don't argue what you have no knowledge about except you are talking about your dad's pension

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by DeepSight(m): 2:08pm On Mar 25
SeniorGee:
Nope, I earned my yearly salary in 2weeks. If you're not lazy, you will make it. Nothing like menial jobs, there is dignity of labour here. Its challenging but you can do it...

I think the bold is overly simplistic.
PS: I speak about life generally and not about any particular location.

There are lazy people who have succeeded - such is life. One bum has a contact who succeeds say at politics, and boom! Or one talented but lazy artiste pens just one song, and boom! Or forget all these. Lets be more direct. Lazy man wins the lottery - boom! Or lazy woman meets billionaire who likes her bum bum - and boom!

There are hardworking people who will die not just in poverty, but in the worst kind of desperate, wretched poverty.

Life is a mystery. Believe you me, I am not saying hard work isn't good - it's great (best when its smart work) - I am just saying life is a many-splendored thing.

Someone once said he had seen slaves go on horseback while princes go on foot.

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Panda7(m): 2:08pm On Mar 25
Ciscogod:

I’m a manger brother . Do I have a reason to lie ? I’ve ISP, telecoms and enterprise experience
So basically what are you and what do you do?
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by RodgersAkpafu: 2:08pm On Mar 25
Do I regret leaving my corporate job to start over in the UK?

To be very honest with you
The answer is No
Not at all.

From what I have come to learn
Whether you will regret travelling abroad or not is contingent on WHY you left the country in the first place

If you left for the "wrong" reasons
You will regret everyday

I left the country primarily for non financial reasons
I was fed up with the culture of foolishness that permeates that country
The culture is wrong
The mentality is wrong
And I don't want to be in the midst of that
That's MY own reason

So regardless of my financial conditions here (thankfully I am not doing badly at all)
As long as the society remains the way it is
Then I am fine

The only thing that will make me regret leaving
Is if this country becomes a cultural cesspit like what I fled ; which is highly unlikely

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by folake4u(f): 2:09pm On Mar 25
yewit37486:

Don't mind them, lots of successful Nigerian professionals in the UK, Canada, US, etc. Care work trend only started in recent years, before during and after that - Nigerian professionals were and are still migrating and doing well there.
Plus, this topic has been overflogged like a million times.

I know right? This topic is really overflogged.

With the way such topics grace front-page all the time, one would think it's only care jobs that are hot cake abroad for immigrants.

8 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by RodgersAkpafu: 2:10pm On Mar 25
MT:

You are a funny dude.

Come and see middle age dudes in IT working for banks earning between 1 million to 2 million naira in Nigeria.

So 2 million naira is what should stop someone from leaving Nigeria

Lmaooo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by teewhydope(m): 2:13pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

That is if you have a company willing to employ you and shell out that money every month. Else you can try big tech companies like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, FIFA+, EA, Laliga, Premier league etc. As far as I know, creating just API's doesn't guarantee your job security but being able to utilize it to your end users shows you understand what you are doing

Creating just apis can guarantee you that amount as long as you know what you're doing. Facebook/Instagram is out of the discussion, i'm talking about tech companies in Nigeria, there are a lot of them scattered around lagos and i'm not even talking about kuda, interswitch, moniepoint n co. There's money in Nigeria tbh, you just need to know where to look. Even some entrepreneurs are making more money than programmers sef; finding the right connection is the key.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Ciscogod(m): 2:13pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

So basically what are you and what do you do?

You’re deviating . The initial discussion is if people earn well and still leave the country . I’m on a standpoint that people earn well and still japa .

Some even earn in dolls as contract staff in Nigeria and still japa .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Panda7(m): 2:13pm On Mar 25
MT:

You are a funny dude.

Come and see middle age dudes in IT working for banks earning between 1 million to 2 million naira in Nigeria.

you mean the same guys arguing andbegging day and night on the internet, with different Twitter handle's and the ones promoting cyber crimes on the internet? Please don't argue too much, please tell me you are an IT guy working in the bank earning 2million monthly

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by BigDawsNet: 2:14pm On Mar 25
teewhydope:

A software developer with 3+ years of experience can easily earn 1m+ in Nigeria; fulltime salary + side gigs.

We have senior network engineer earning around 1.7m in naija...

The more I hav the skills and experience in tech.. d more u earn big

4 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Gandrova: 2:14pm On Mar 25
delkuf:
you see the reason why he left. So that his will not go about the internet begging for money.
Imagine to even specify the amount sef
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by EleventhWeirdo: 2:14pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

Even a politician don't earn up to a million monthly and that is not even with an employee job. So shove up your lies begger

You are quite ignorant. If you see some people's paychecks here in Lagos, ehn...... cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by RodgersAkpafu: 2:14pm On Mar 25
SeniorGee:
Nope, I earned my yearly salary in 2weeks. If you're not lazy, you will make it. Nothing like menial jobs, there is dignity of labour here. Its challenging but you can do it...

Exactly
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by wisdomkid: 2:14pm On Mar 25
NPFLADMIN:

Begging.

My dad owe him loans running into millions.

Your ability to maintain decorum is quite alarming for a Nigerian. (Applause)

7 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by obaidan: 2:16pm On Mar 25
WithX:

While I think he may exaggerate, there are many people here in Nigeria earning cool 7digits on monthly basis, there are even some in the region of over 2m on monthly basis though most are with multinationals.
WHile that is good, people with their level of skills abroad(US) are "SAVING" 3m every month after tending to all other needs that give them a very comfortable life.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Gandrova: 2:17pm On Mar 25
SeniorGee:
pls can you share your success story?
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Judolisco(m): 2:17pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

Please don't argue what you have no knowledge about except you are talking about your dad's pension
what's pension? I'm talking about basic salary no be small pikin u dey follow talk

5 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by vickydevoka(m): 2:19pm On Mar 25
My menial job is so making sense. I hate stress abeg especially under cold
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by yomi531(m): 2:22pm On Mar 25
africandollar:

My fellow Old Skool Lapel! I sight you wink
😅😅😅

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Panda7(m): 2:22pm On Mar 25
teewhydope:

Creating just apis can guarantee you that amount as long as you know what you're doing. Facebook/Instagram is out of the discussion, i'm talking about tech companies in Nigeria, there are a lot of them scattered around lagos and i'm not even talking about kuda, interswitch, moniepoint n co. There's money in Nigeria tbh, you just need to know where to look. Even some entrepreneurs are making more money than programmers sef; finding the right connection is the key.
Kindly take this your argument to a computer guy, I have a computer science degree and other programming degree, people who code, don't code because of salary, they code because they want to solve problems, create new programs, for fun or just to debug codes. CEO's of these companies knows exactly who they need and what function they need them for, and just not necessarily programmers. Programmers are only just hired for jobs not for employment.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by obaidan: 2:22pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

Stop using ur realities to assess every other person, I dont live in Nigeria but people earn 2 million a momnth in Nigeria and they are not even CEOs or anything. They just have skills that deliver value to their organization. DOnt dull yourself, skill-up. I am talking employees o, not business owners.. say u no see am no mean say e no dey.. and it's surprising that u cant even see it, ur circle must be really really somehow

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Judolisco(m): 2:23pm On Mar 25
Bigboytinz:
I'm sure he retired as a deputy director or director
jst a senior manager... he was head of his department before he retired Sha...
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by SeniorGee(m): 2:25pm On Mar 25
DeepSight:

I think the bold is overly simplistic.
PS: I speak about life generally and not about any particular location.

There are lazy people who have succeeded - such is life. One bum has a contact who succeeds say at politics, and boom! Or one talented but lazy artiste pens just one song, and boom! Or forget all these. Lets be more direct. Lazy man wins the lottery - boom! Or lazy woman meets billionaire who likes her bum bum - and boom!

There are hardworking people who will die not just in poverty, but in the worst kind of desperate, wretched poverty.

Life is a mystery. Believe you me, I am not saying hard work isn't good - it's great (best when its smart work) - I am just saying life is a many-splendored thing.

Someone once said he had seen slaves go on horseback while princes go on foot.

You may be right but within the context of our discussion here, I meant to say that some people select/discriminate Jobs. Some come with a set mindset and find it difficult to adapt. Determination is sacrosanct to success

5 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by ghiloman28(m): 2:26pm On Mar 25
It people like you I always encourage to leave Nigeria just wondering how much your annual salary was in Nigeria for you to make it in 2 weeks anywhere in the world. Am really grateful to God in your life
SeniorGee:

5 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by ecolime(m): 2:26pm On Mar 25
RodgersAkpafu:
Do I regret leaving my corporate job to start over in the UK?

To be very honest with you
The answer is No
Not at all.

From what I have come to learn
Whether you will regret travelling abroad or not is contingent on WHY you left the country in the first place

If you left for the "wrong" reasons
You will regret everyday

I left the country primarily for non financial reasons
I was fed up with the culture of foolishness that permeates that country
The culture is wrong
The mentality is wrong
And I don't want to be in the midst of that
That's MY own reason

So regardless of my financial conditions here (thankfully I am not doing badly at all)
As long as the society remains the way it is
Then I am fine

The only thing that will make me regret leaving
Is if this country becomes a cultural cesspit like what I fled ; which is highly unlikely
This comment should be pinned to the front page. You hit it well.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by SeniorGee(m): 2:27pm On Mar 25
CoronaVirusPro:

And how is your monthly rent? Your 2 years in Nigeria 🤣🤣🤣

I always laugh at y’all who convert foreign salary to Naira. Do you spend Naira there?

Convert your monthly rent and bills to Naira too, and tell people.

Two weeks pay takes care of my bills, the other two is savings.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

2015 Graduate Trainees Recruitment At Rainoil Limited / Finally Nimc Send Success Message / Mention The Worst Company To Work For In Nigeria, & Give Reasons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.