Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,486 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job (35110 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Panda7(m): 2:28pm On Mar 25
Ciscogod:

You’re deviating . The initial discussion is if people earn well and still leave the country . I’m on a standpoint that people earn well and still japa .

Some even earn in dolls as contract staff in Nigeria and still japa .

why would an employed person wants to japa, are you aware that your passport categorily states what you are, for example where you are going to, what are you going there for, business or craftsman, students or you have already gotten a job abroad. without these questionnaire you cannot be given or guaranteed a visa. same way everyone passport aren't the same.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by NaughtyBrainiac: 2:28pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

Even a politician don't earn up to a million monthly and that is not even with an employee job. So shove up your lies begger
Make una no dey open mouth dey talk this thing again. It is embarrassing.

I know several Bank workers that earn more than 1m monthly. In fact, these people are in their 30s

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by castins(m): 2:30pm On Mar 25
My dear, that you do not earn 1m/month doesn't mean people do not earn that.
My colleague earns 1.6m / month.
No senior staff earns less than 700k in were I work.
So talk the one you know.

Panda7:

Even a politician don't earn up to a million monthly and that is not even with an employee job. So shove up your lies begger

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by sunsweet33: 2:30pm On Mar 25
Depends on your individual situation. The menial job can probably also teach you some skills like updating your English diction, Custer service (which is almost zero in Nigeria), timekeeping (also zero here) and all the rest.

The main thing is not to fall into one-kind depression sha…with that their cursed weather…everywhere dull and grey by 8AM in the morning…haba…

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Panda7(m): 2:31pm On Mar 25
Judolisco:
what's pension? I'm talking about basic salary no be small pikin u dey follow talk

you can do well to post your dad's job let's help verify, is it not in the same nigeria where only police men earns steady salary monthly until retirement?

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by PointZerom: 2:31pm On Mar 25
NPFLADMIN:
Honestly, my dad knows a person in this situation.

He earns 1M as salary monthly and also has a side hustle which should be bringing him nothing less than 200k estimate. But the man still wants to leave 4 UK. And getting a job in the UK at the age of around 45+, isn't that almost impossible?

His wife is already there and she's doing care-job.

I still don't understand why he wants to move.

If I ever meet him with my dad before he leaves, I'll tell him "sir, you're making a big mistake!"

Well, he's still agile. I guess that's an advantage.

You know nothing.
Who told you that at 45+ you can't get a job in UK?
Unless if his connection is not legit.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by shankie: 2:31pm On Mar 25
yomi531:
Its Better to reign in hell than to serve in Heaven. Nam Angels(Who remembers that movie)...

One of my favorite childhood movie, just of recent i was looking for it to download
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by SeniorGee(m): 2:32pm On Mar 25
ghiloman28:
It people like you I always encourage to leave Nigeria just wondering how much your annual salary was in Nigeria for you to make it in 2 weeks anywhere in the world. Am really grateful to God in your life

Thank you.. I was earning 50k as a graduate before leaving in 2022, I did 2 jobs and made at least 2,800 monthly. Currently running a program to upgrade.

If somewhere no favor you shift..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by obaidan: 2:32pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

That is if you have a company willing to employ you and shell out that money every month. Else you can try big tech companies like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, FIFA+, EA, Laliga, Premier league etc. As far as I know, creating just API's doesn't guarantee your job security but being able to utilize it to your end users shows you understand what you are doing
Guy rest.....Just rest

10 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by geoworldedu: 2:32pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

People earn millions monthly in Nigeria. If you don't know, you don't know. Come to lekki and see them. They earn 10 million, 20 million etc monthly.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Earthquakes: 2:33pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

I don’t like when people who don’t have any proof talk childishly, I live in Canada now but when I was in Nigeria between 2019-2022, I was being paid 200 USD a day (3800-4000usd a month) in the same Nigeria you typing this naively.
Funny enough nobody knew because I was just a random young boy.
Go into tech and see what doubt today as a joke in the next 3yrs.
My friend in Nigeria currently earns around 8k dollars in Nigeria from his two jobs, he’s into tech too so don’t say what you don’t know please

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by CoronaVirusPro: 2:33pm On Mar 25
SeniorGee:

Two weeks pay takes care of my bills, the other two is savings.

If I go by your calculations, it means your 2 year salary in Nigeria, is your monthly bill in your new found country.

That’s the point I wanted to buttress.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Panda7(m): 2:34pm On Mar 25
NaughtyBrainiac:
Make una no dey open mouth dey talk this thing again. It is embarrassing.

I know several Bank workers that earn more than 1m monthly. In fact, these people are in their 30s

Is it the same bank where I have families and relatives working there, but please maybe you judge by their lifestyle or they don't just reveal to you but even bank managers don't earn up to 200k every month unless by fraud

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by SeniorGee(m): 2:34pm On Mar 25
afroxyz:

Are you spending the money in Naira? Better step up and do a better job

I dey on the matter right now.. cheers

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Sapasenator: 2:35pm On Mar 25
Who does menial jobs when you can easily go back to school on loans and Grant's and land a bigger job.

Except of course, you are an illegal immigrant and I have no regrets whatsoever.

When I left my job in Nigeria, I was making about 350k per week in side business apart from my salary which I never touched.

One of my sister asked me repeatedly why I was leaving my good paying job.

My answer, I wanted to live a normal life. 24hour light, being well taken care of when I fall sick, no crazy traffics on road, drive my car on good roads and Nigeria was to populated and noisy for me.

Leaving Nigeria was the best decision I ever made in my life.

If I ever have to regret, nothing stops me from flying back into Nigeria.

If you can succeed in Nigeria with billions of witches and wizards, you will succeed anywhere in the world.

13 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by sunsweet33: 2:35pm On Mar 25
folake4u:
Misery sure loves company. So you guys don't have friends abroad that are 9-5ers?

That’s black people for you. While Indians and Chinese are busy flooding everywhere with their friends and relatives an helping them to succeed all over the world we are here with Nothing sensible to say hahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by SeniorGee(m): 2:35pm On Mar 25
CoronaVirusPro:

If I go by your calculations, it means your 2 year salary in Nigeria, is your monthly bill in your new found country.

That’s the point I wanted to buttress.

yes oo.. lol

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Sirchiboy: 2:35pm On Mar 25
Judolisco:
A senior civil servant earns close to that amount... My dad before he retired was earning close to 800k per month... Federal job o...
Bro please tell your dad to help me with federal job.
HND
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by NaughtyBrainiac: 2:36pm On Mar 25
This Panda7 Guy just dey talk rubbish with confidence for this thread.

See him making a big deal out of 1m monthly.

Money wey many Guys and Ladies in their 30s dey earn soft.

I know some Guys in their late 30s that earn close to 2m monthly in commercial Banks in Nigeria. I am not even talking about other sectors like Oil and Gas.

Better be exposed, seek knowlege, get facts and stop having a penury stricken mentality.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Panda7(m): 2:38pm On Mar 25
obaidan:

Stop using ur realities to assess every other person, I dont live in Nigeria but people earn 2 million a momnth in Nigeria and they are not even CEOs or anything. They just have skills that deliver value to their organization. DOnt dull yourself, skill-up. I am talking employees o, not business owners.. say u no see am no mean say e no dey

I like you to talk more about their skills which makes companies sizzle more around them. I know they are tech guys right?
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by steeltrust: 2:39pm On Mar 25
Never!!!

One of my greatest achievements is leaving naija
I pray when I’m ready to retire home
Make naija still better small so person go get peace of mind

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by jaxin119: 2:40pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

Lol. Quite a wrong assumption

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by folake4u(f): 2:40pm On Mar 25
sunsweet33:

That’s black people for you. While Indians and Chinese are busy flooding everywhere with their friends and relatives an helping them to succeed all over the world we are here with Nothing sensible to say hahahaha

Lol.

Black man and problems.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by NaughtyBrainiac: 2:40pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

Is it the same bank where I have families and relatives working there, but please maybe you judge by their lifestyle or they don't just reveal to you but even bank managers don't earn up to 200k every month unless by fraud
It is safe to say that all your family members are contract workers.

As far back as 2015, A 21-year old fresh Graduate Trainee in a Bank like Access Bank earned 235k monthly. This was 11 years ago. I don't know how much they pay them now.

If you have money to bet, let's bet and I will prove to you that you know close to nothing.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Panda7(m): 2:41pm On Mar 25
All the Yahoo boys in this thread be talking nonsense and misleading the public. Because your friend change dollar and be showing off doesn't mean he got paid legitly, even I have earn $3,000 from yahoo pay, but did I earn such the following month? No.
Tech my asshole and be encouraging frauds

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Ciscogod(m): 2:42pm On Mar 25
Panda7:

why would an employed person wants to japa, are you aware that your passport categorily states what you are, for example where you are going to, what are you going there for, business or craftsman, students or you have already gotten a job abroad. without these questionnaire you cannot be given or guaranteed a visa. same way everyone passport aren't the same.

Bros .. speak for yourself thou.

Amazon Dublin has taking some of my friends , Cisco Poland took some peeps too. Same as some companies in Saudi and USA

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by yomi531(m): 2:42pm On Mar 25
shankie:

One of my favorite childhood movie, just of recent i was looking for it to download
Good old days😊
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Christistruth02: 2:43pm On Mar 25
NPFLADMIN:
Honestly, my dad knows a person in this situation.

He earns 1M as salary monthly and also has a side hustle which should be bringing him nothing less than 200k estimate. But the man still wants to leave 4 UK. And getting a job in the UK at the age of around 45+, isn't that almost impossible?

His wife is already there and she's doing care-job.

I still don't understand why he wants to move.

If I ever meet him with my dad before he leaves, I'll tell him "sir, you're making a big mistake!"

Well, he's still agile. I guess that's an advantage.

As long as he can legally secure Citizenship for his Children and Grandchildren it is an investment in their Future

They may return to Nigeria later but with dual Citizenship

Same happened in America over a Century ago

If you listen to Americans they will say their Grandfather came from UK Ireland Russia China Korea etc a Century ago and settled

Donald Trump's Grandfather came from Germany and Donald Trump's mother is Scottish

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by WhiteBlack: 2:46pm On Mar 25
The only people that should contribute to this topic are Nigerians who live abroad (experienced or experiencing d situation being discussed) not all these Nigeria based parrots who just come here to run their lazy ass mouths

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Panda7(m): 2:46pm On Mar 25
I won't personally reply anyone again, tech guys and bankers

Tech companies who earn money from creating API's and analysis now employ people monthly to debug their codes or watch their analytics, then pay them millions, if you ask these guys now, what skills do you have they will tell you IT skills, what skills exactly please, even HTML is an IT skill.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by 79733139(m): 2:46pm On Mar 25
The menial job stage is temporary, eventually, Nigerian immigrants get some certification/qualification and transition to white collar or higher paying jobs/business.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Roboto11: 2:47pm On Mar 25
NPFLADMIN:

Can someone earning nearly or more than 1.2M suddenly start begging for money?
Bro, I mean... Well, anything can happpen.

Even abroad he can still beg for money.

Nigerians need to stop the bulllshit.

Money doesn't line the roads abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

2015 Graduate Trainees Recruitment At Rainoil Limited / Finally Nimc Send Success Message / Mention The Worst Company To Work For In Nigeria, & Give Reasons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.