Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength (31613 Views)

FG Names 15 Terrorism Financiers, BDCs, Plans Sanctions / FOREX Crisis: Raid On BDCs Ill-Advised, Wrongly-Directed - Peter Obi / Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Paraman: 6:54am On Mar 26
lexy2014:

from N200 to N1600...is that a sign of progress?

Yes, is the sign of progress

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by lexy2014: 7:13am On Mar 26
Paraman:
Yes, is the sign of progress

but APC said N200 to dollar was too high. how N1600 now a sign of progress?

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by oluwaseyi0: 7:19am On Mar 26
Easybet1:
I bought at 1725 to a dollar. Should I dump it now and accept my loss embarassed embarassed

No if you really need the dollar for something else apart from buying and hoarding
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Goldbw122(m): 7:36am On Mar 26
Easybet1:
I bought at 1725 to a dollar. Should I dump it now and accept my loss embarassed embarassed

It will go up leave it there, Things always get worse in Nigeria, abi you nor dey Nigeria?
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Inosky(m): 7:36am On Mar 26
While this approach is good for actual strengthening of the Naira, the best approach is to engage the youth on productive economy, create job. There're tens of millions of Nigerian graduates without a job. That's a big problem.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Fearurcreeator: 7:45am On Mar 26
Jflex07:
I hope this dollar rate coming down,will continue until at least 700 naira.
Bros to N5 Sir ... I go too happy
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Fearurcreeator: 7:46am On Mar 26
Talkisneeded:
When will the price of common things fall too...
Because koyemi
Shows NIGERIAns wicked to one another normal normal... Many don't care
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Fearurcreeator: 7:47am On Mar 26
nonny1212:
They will inflict hardship on purpose, find a solution for the hardship as if it wasn't them that created it in the first place. Then ppl begin to sing them Hero! We are not blind
You are even lost

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Fearurcreeator: 7:48am On Mar 26
Easybet1:
Hold on abeg ... Naira still going to give naira till 2027 ... You will make money well well
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Fearurcreeator: 7:49am On Mar 26
keymatt:
How much is the price of food items in the market How much is 1kg of cooking gas Are they reducing or increasing When will this agbadorian regime learn that Propaganda is not governance
Go Aboki na
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Ken4Christ: 7:55am On Mar 26
They should sell our crude oil in Naira and in less than 6 months, dollar will exchange for not more than 100 naira. But some people won't like it and these foreign countries buying our crude will frustrate it because we are owing them.

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by pquaver(m): 8:01am On Mar 26
Talkisneeded:

It's the direct reflection of the leaders, it the leaders sits right, citizens will follow suit

Stop deceiving yourself.. If the leaders sit right citizens will sit right... In usa, sA, uk, Germany etc the Nigerians commiting crimes there abi thrir leaders are not sitting right abi, they are sitting left abi..? When u racclaimed saint was governor in Anambra so everyone became saintly? No thief , no fraudster because he was sitting right abi?.. Una must find way to defend evil.. No be only... Sit right ko, lying down left ni..

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by cardoctor(m): 8:03am On Mar 26
Even me here I'm breathing a sigh of relief.
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by oceanblazer: 8:06am On Mar 26
Xenry:
It will reach 2k this year.
Don't trust Nigeria's economic, they will fvck everything up at last. Nigerian government is the last you should trust.
Naira will deep a little and go back to it's destination. That's how other crypto coins do.
In dollars we stand, in naira we fall!

Listen to yourself. Is Naira a crypto? Chai!!!!
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Donaldoni: 8:16am On Mar 26
femi4:
Always will soon

The joke is on you

Mele Kyari said the PH refinery will be up in 2 weeks. It's almost here. We shall see.

Earn dollars. Don't hoard it. cool

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Rejoice28(f): 8:16am On Mar 26
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by clems88(m): 8:36am On Mar 26
I don't just understand what's happening. Dollars is 1300+ but I was just charged 1850 on Google for renewing my virtual number angry
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Ijaya123: 9:03am On Mar 26
Jflex07:
I hope this dollar rate coming down,will continue until at least 700 naira.

It can even come down lower than N700 if you have what you are exporting to other countries and you patronise local goods instead of foreign ones.

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by AngelicBeing: 9:05am On Mar 26
InvertedHammer:

/
LOL. Apparently you don't know how Nigeria works. Policy implementation is the greatest challenge. All these are just bandaid approach to stabilizing naira.

Jerome Powell signalled that the Fed will cut US interest rate three times this year and that definitely will help the naira. But then with US equities at all time high, risk aversion will support the US dollars. Overall, I am fully betting against the naira because Nigeria is fully import dependent. N1265 is still far cry from N700. cool

What do you think is the outlook in 1, 2, 3 and 5 years from now? The Blackman doesn't plan beyond 6 months. grin

If you want to send money to Nigeria this second, it is still N1420/$

/

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by RenaissanceGuy: 9:09am On Mar 26
NothingDoMe:
For some reason we keep forgetting that the FG floated the Naira. Floating the Naira means price is determined by market forces including Binance. Now the govt is defending the Naira and pegging it. Yet we blame Binance. Amazing!
Did the government also say people should form a mafia group to manipulate the rates?? Dangote can decide to sell his own brand of cement at ₦1m/bag, but immediately Dangote colludes with other cement manufacturers to fix that price, the company has committed a crime and the directors can go to jail for it or fined billions of naira.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Paraman: 9:12am On Mar 26
lexy2014:

but APC said N200 to dollar was too high. how N1600 now a sign of progress?
You're free to keep on living in 2014, Nigerians have move forward

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by lexy2014: 9:15am On Mar 26
Paraman:
You're free to keep on living in 2014, Nigerians have move forward

that is not what I asked you.

APC said N200 to dollar was too high. how N1600 now a sign of progress?
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Paraman: 9:25am On Mar 26
lexy2014:

that is not what I asked you.

APC said N200 to dollar was too high. how N1600 now a sign of progress?
It's a sign of progress, you're free to keep on living in 2014.
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by lexy2014: 9:28am On Mar 26
Paraman:
It's a sign of progress, you're free to keep on living in 2014.

if N1600 is a sign of progress, how come APC was complaining that N200 to a dollar was too high?

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Paraman: 9:29am On Mar 26
lexy2014:

if N1600 is a sign of progress, how come APC was complaining that N200 to a dollar was too high?
It's a sign of progress, you're free to keep on living in 2014
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by lexy2014: 9:40am On Mar 26
Paraman:
It's a sign of progress, you're free to keep on living in 2014

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Jackson105: 10:25am On Mar 26
mightyhazel:
point of correction bum,come what may,Chinedu is never sad. Chinedu is always happy no matter the outcomes

Keep fooling your ancestors
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Xenry: 10:30am On Mar 26
oceanblazer:

Listen to yourself. Is Naira a crypto? Chai!!!!
Where did I wrote that Naira is a crypto?
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by maasoap(m): 10:38am On Mar 26
Dshocker:

How is that my problem?

If over 200 million Nigerians are suffering, they should hold the government accountable for that.

You've got a lot to learn about patriotism and selflessness

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by millionboi2: 10:59am On Mar 26
Biodun556:

The CBN governor makes sure that all bureau de are complying. Once dollars are available in the economy, no reason why there should be scarcity of dollars but some people in collaboration with binance, bureau de change hoard the dollars and inflate the price

All our problem in Nigeria are man-made.

u made ur point but fckd everything up by mentioning binnance,thy don't deal with physical cash thy are never the cause of rise in dollar.
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Djbme: 11:30am On Mar 26
keymatt:
How much is the price of food items in the market How much is 1kg of cooking gas Are they reducing or increasing When will this agbadorian regime learn that Propaganda is not governance

If you are not fool you will know that they are not talking about food but Dollars rate
How is this a propaganda to you now isn’t it 1250/$
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Biodun556(m): 11:31am On Mar 26
millionboi2:
u made ur point but fckd everything up by mentioning binnance,thy don't deal with physical cash thy are never the cause of rise in dollar.

Those who hoard dollars meet on binance to inflate the price of dollars to make gains

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Reacts As Edo Man Names Child After Him (Photos) / Yele Omogunwa & Bamidele Baderinwa Beaten During Osinbajo’s Visit To Ondo State / pictures those that voted for CHANGE can relate to

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.