Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength (31607 Views)

FG Names 15 Terrorism Financiers, BDCs, Plans Sanctions / FOREX Crisis: Raid On BDCs Ill-Advised, Wrongly-Directed - Peter Obi / Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by keymatt(m): 7:09pm On Mar 25
seunowa:

The question should be how much was naira to dollar before pdp,( poverty development party) was selected by Abdulsalam in 1999?
Another Tinubu agbadorian supporter grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Donaldoni: 7:09pm On Mar 25
Piigggs will still grunt stupid comments

Dollar is no more subsidized.

The CBN can comfortably sell dollars now without hurting our foreign reserve

10 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Ofunaofu: 7:10pm On Mar 25
aloziedaya:

Which N700?
We want it at the rate APC met it

N200 you mean
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by mariahAngel(f): 7:11pm On Mar 25
dibunotion:
But ppl still sad about naira appreciating

Those ones are saboteurs.
Enemies of the common citizens.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by maxiuc(m): 7:11pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:
I bought at 1725 to a dollar. Should I dump it now and accept my loss embarassed embarassed
you are not wise as a business man why will you buy at that rate

You should have bought as at 900 and dump it as at 1830

Buying at 1725 is a dumb decision very very

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by OfficialP: 7:11pm On Mar 25
Is Naira actually appreciating or FG is defending the naira with scarce dollars

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Segzy19: 7:12pm On Mar 25
Eish! Some people will be so sad that dollar is coming down but mostly sad that Tinubu is doing well against their evil wishes .....

Eyah! Terrible people that do not want to hear any good news about Nigeria yet they are Nigerians...
They do not want the current government to get things rights just because their candidate failed and lost

7 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Dshocker(m): 7:12pm On Mar 25
Every exporter like myself is crying right now.

The prayer of every exporter in Nigeria is that, the price of naira to dollar should keep going higher.
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by desiredhome: 7:12pm On Mar 25
dibunotion:
But ppl still sad about naira appreciating
You mean those enemies of Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by ellyrichy(m): 7:13pm On Mar 25
Hope it reflects on the market goods, because the price increase isn't funny at all. When the price of dollar was high, those people selling goods always said the issue was it dollars. Now that dollars have calm down, am hoping to see a drastic reduction in the prices of foodstuffs.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by maxiuc(m): 7:13pm On Mar 25
OfficialP:
Is Naira actually appreciating or FG is defending the naira with scarce dollars
Time shall tell hehehehe

This Government stylishly goes back to their vomit hoping and praying that you don't find out

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by desiredhome: 7:13pm On Mar 25
Dshocker:

The prayer of every exporter in Nigeria is that, the price of naira to dollar should keep going higher.
A selfish and greedy thought/prayer

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by PointZerom: 7:17pm On Mar 25
nonny1212:
The will inflict hardship on purpose, find a solution for the hardship as if it wasn't them that created it in the first place. Then ppl begin to sing them Hero! We are not blind

There has never been any problem except the one created by the government.
They'll put first in the building and call fire fighters to quench it, the gullible will praise them for their prompt intervention in quenching the fire.

7 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by twosquare(m): 7:18pm On Mar 25
Raylight2:
My problem be say even with the appreciation, GTB no gree reduce US VISA Fee from #1800/dollar
Because they know who they are dealing with...this reduction is welcome, but is it short or long-term?
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Globad(f): 7:19pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:
I bought at 1725 to a dollar. Should I dump it now and accept my loss embarassed embarassed

What was the purpose behind your purchase?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by maasoap(m): 7:19pm On Mar 25
Lance008:
If Tinubu like mak he no do anything
If this Naira fit come down
He re election sure

But the prices of goods has refused to come down, both imported and locally produced ones. And that's the problem with Nigerians. Government should always try to ensure that the prices don't jump up because Nigerian traders always find it difficult to revert the prices due to their greediness

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Idaytesj29(m): 7:20pm On Mar 25
mightyhazel:
Chinedu wants it back at 216.. 216 is very ok and much Berra than this..

Ok at least 470 it was last year January .. Chinedu means better for Nigeria than hypocritic urchins

Shinedu never meant well for Nigeria. Shinedu is always rejoicing over the misfortune of the country. That's a biblical fact undisputed anywhere in the country.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by maasoap(m): 7:21pm On Mar 25
ellyrichy:
Hope it reflects on the market goods, because the price increase isn't funny at all. When the price of dollar was high, those people selling goods always said the issue was it dollars. Now that's it's coming down now, am hoping to see a drastic reduction of goods
We're not seeing any reduction at all

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by seunmsg(m): 7:23pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:

Why did you buy in the first place? Do you have a genuine need for dollars in your business or you bought for speculative reason?

10 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by EMONFASHION65: 7:24pm On Mar 25
Dollar is appreciating at 1400 and we are rejoicing.Do you remember that dollar was 700 few months ago?.Are we moving forward or backward?

5 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by maasoap(m): 7:24pm On Mar 25
Dshocker:

You know the kind of hardship that the falling in the value of naira was causing over 200 million population, right? No personal business gain should make you to be unpatriotic element.

9 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by laivwire(m): 7:24pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:
With the little I know, the Naira can depreciate once again but the FG will never let it reach those levels of #1,700 again.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by seunmsg(m): 7:25pm On Mar 25
Ofunaofu:

N200 you mean

Why not let’s go back to the rate PDP met it in 1999. In addition, can we go back to the minimum wage of 1999?

9 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by membranus: 7:25pm On Mar 25
Putindbutt:
Bayo Onanuga warned them last week but they think he was joking, sell those dollars now before it ends in maximum tears.

My wife bought dollars at N1550 a week or two ago for a failed project, only to sell them at N1,370 today, thereby losing some money. They were even advising her to quickly sell now, because by tomorrow it will further go down.

Thank God, Nigeria is on recovery mode.

20 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Okwyjesus(m): 7:26pm On Mar 25

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by maasoap(m): 7:26pm On Mar 25
nairavsdollars:
If CBN is selling to BDCs at that price, how then will it go lower below 1k to a dollar?
It is going down gradually. As long as it doesn't stop or go back higher, it is just a matter of time
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by noskcid(m): 7:26pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:
Take it to Ghana or other west Africa state to sell then bring their currency here to sell to make more loss.

Na una Dey spoil this country 😂

6 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by emcee4love(m): 7:26pm On Mar 25
Engrbee:
Dollar go still rise, no be naija we dey so

Bad belle 😁😁 you are not happy with this appreciation.

8 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Dshocker(m): 7:26pm On Mar 25
desiredhome:

A selfish and greedy thought/prayer

We were making 100% to 130% on ROI, when dollar got to N1,600.

With N7m, you will make N14m.

I don't care how you, or rest of the country feels, after all, if you were in my shoes, you would wish the same.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by just2endowed: 7:27pm On Mar 25
How much will they now sell it
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Procashtips(m): 7:27pm On Mar 25
Since you have gone back to fully pegging the Naira, can the CBN return it back to at least ₦500 so we can get things back to what it was pre-Tinubu era?

Because at the current rate, cost of goods are still at all time high, nothing has come down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by EMONFASHION65: 7:29pm On Mar 25
Hoarder should quickly offload their stock before it comes down to 950 before next week

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Amaechi’s Orderly Was The Policeman In The Video / The IPOB, Hausas And Soldiers Clash In Umuahia: Reason Behind It / Photos From Omoyele Sowore’s Rally In Port-Harcourt, Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.