Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength (31624 Views)

FG Names 15 Terrorism Financiers, BDCs, Plans Sanctions / FOREX Crisis: Raid On BDCs Ill-Advised, Wrongly-Directed - Peter Obi / Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Geovanni412(m): 6:49pm On Mar 25
Look4success:
Short term or long term solution

Very short term but commendable

He is doing more than Buhari did

9 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by erniok(m): 6:49pm On Mar 25
Look4success:
Short term or long term solution
Seems like short term plan as we don't have export capacity to earn fx to support this but it's a very welcome development.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by keymatt(m): 6:50pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:
Chinedu in pains grin grin
How much was the dollar to naira when APC (All Political Criminals) stole power in 2015

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by DARLINGTON869(m): 6:50pm On Mar 25
If una like, no sell una dollar.

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by RealTrump: 6:50pm On Mar 25
Oya
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by aloziedaya(m): 6:50pm On Mar 25
Jflex07:
I hope this dollar rate coming down,will continue until at least 700 naira.

Which N700?
We want it at the rate APC met it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Jflex07(m): 6:52pm On Mar 25
aloziedaya:

Which N700?
We want it at the rate APC met it
At least 700 bro. This APC I know cannot bring that to the rate at which they met it.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by chopnaira: 6:52pm On Mar 25
Omo..hoarders are losing money as the naira is gradually settling to it's real value without subsidy. Make una continue holding on to the dollar una hear.

Obidients predicting 2000 to $1 have all gone mute.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Skyehigher1: 6:53pm On Mar 25
Congratulations to Nigerians if this template is going on like this week in week out I think by July dollars is going to be 600 or 500 to naira and with direct payments from nnpcl to CBN naira would be bound back before the end of this year naira is going to be 300 to dollars inshallah with this steadily continuing

24 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by xtimconsult(m): 6:54pm On Mar 25
Lance008:
If Tinubu like mak he no do anything
If this Naira fit come down
He re election sure

Dey joke... Paid commentator...

How much was Naira when baba said subsidy is gon... The only way his re-election is sure is of he settle with the North before election...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by BondRiv: 6:54pm On Mar 25
Naira must rise.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by hslbroker2(m): 6:55pm On Mar 25
Ok, meanwhile check my signature.w
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Xenry: 6:55pm On Mar 25
It will reach 2k this year.
Don't trust Nigeria's economic, they will fvck everything up at last. Nigerian government is the last you should trust.
Naira will deep a little and go back to it's destination. That's how other crypto coins do.
In dollars we stand, in naira we fall!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by worksmart(m): 6:56pm On Mar 25
But remember the BDCs have already been forbidden from buying dollar at more than N1,400 so it's just eye-service that is unsustainable.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by xtimconsult(m): 6:56pm On Mar 25
chopnaira:
Omo..hoarders are losing money as the naira is gradually settling to it's real value without subsidy. Make una continue holding on to the dollar una hear.

Obidients predicting 2000 to $1 have all gone mute.

Wait till July... The loan they collected is still much available...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Raylight2(m): 6:58pm On Mar 25
nairavsdollars:
If CBN is selling to BDCs at that price, how then will it go lower below 1k to a dollar?

They're gradually reducing it. The first time, it was sold for #1300. Now below that. Hopefully, the next phase would be very near 1k

7 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Raylight2(m): 6:59pm On Mar 25
My problem be say even with the appreciation, GTB no gree reduce US VISA Fee from #1800/dollar

7 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by xtimconsult(m): 7:00pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:
I bought at 1725 to a dollar. Should I dump it now and accept my loss embarassed embarassed

Go long... Hold leave the game The government is playing... You want your currency to be strong but you not producing and encouraging entrepreneur...

Lol...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by seguno2: 7:00pm On Mar 25
Jflex07:
I hope this dollar rate coming down,will continue until at least 700 naira.

Is this not more than 3 times the N230 rate that APC complained about before they were elected in 2015

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by xexofe1741(m): 7:01pm On Mar 25
nairavsdollars:
If CBN is selling to BDCs at that price, how then will it go lower below 1k to a dollar?
they will keep adjusting the price. It was sold at 1300 before now 1251

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:02pm On Mar 25
Getting better
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by udemzyudex(m): 7:03pm On Mar 25
Let me know when it gets to #500.
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by iLegendd(m): 7:03pm On Mar 25
As long as Nigerian politicians are forever corrupt and their measures are always temporary, I'll never convert my Dollar to Naira except I'm using it immediately. Apart from that, it's either in BTC or in Dollar, Pounds, or Euro. No going back. I can't

Funnily, smart people will use this opportunity to convert more Naira to Dollar because they know the highest it will take is 5-10 years and we'll be in another crisis.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by livinbygrace: 7:03pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:
I bought at 1725 to a dollar. Should I dump it now and accept my loss embarassed embarassed

No,keep it till next year

4 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by seunowa(f): 7:05pm On Mar 25
keymatt:
How much washing the dollar to naira when APC (All Political Criminals) stole power in 2015
The question should be how much was naira to dollar before pdp,( poverty development party) was selected by Abdulsalam in 1999?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Anunakeeh: 7:06pm On Mar 25
treesun:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/03/25/cbn-sells-forex-to-bdcs-n1251-1/

They are through with exchanging their loots to dollar at the moment.

It will still rise again when you all have relaxed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by ThatFairGuy1: 7:06pm On Mar 25
Not yet.
Just observe more
Easybet1:
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by olumideinfo: 7:06pm On Mar 25
Dollar is not our currency,
if you love yourself, sell it NOW.......
NAIRA will continue to appreciate until it gets to USD1 -NGN80.00
THIS IS NOT YOUR USUAL government. Tinubu will shock you all.
Asking you to sell is to your advantage.
My fair is not that Tinubu will FAIL.
My fair is that after Tinubu have done so much just like Obasanjo, another Aboki will come and scatter all the effort made.
THE HATERS OF NIGERIA especially those badmouthing her in the committee of nations and those using social media will be shame this time.
GOD BLESS MY BELOVED COUNTRY. Bad people in a GREAT NATION.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by mariahAngel(f): 7:06pm On Mar 25
When it finally gets to where Buhari left it, then we can start the conversation from there.
Until then... 🙄
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Anunakeeh: 7:07pm On Mar 25
olumideinfo:
Dollar is not our currency,
if you love yourself, sell it NOW.......
NAIRA will continue to appreciate until it gets to USD1 -NGN80.00
THIS IS NOT YOUR USUAL government. Tinubu will shock you all.
Asking you to sell is to your advantage.
My fair is not that Tinubu will FAIL.
My fair is that after Tinubu have done so much just like Obasanjo, another Aboki will come and scatter all the effort made.
THE HATERS OF NIGERIA especially those badmouthing her in the committee of nations and those using social media will be shame this time.
GOD BLESS MY BELOVED COUNTRY. Bad people in a GREAT NATION.

Dollar will exchange for N0.001 to 1$ soon.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by tnerro1(m): 7:07pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:

Wait for election cycle, the people that love to bribe delegates with dollars will come looking for you. As long as EFCC can’t track and investigate campaign financing, this dollars will go up and down .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by RepoMan007: 7:08pm On Mar 25
As it goes down, expect import to increase again and the govt to be short of dollar to meet supply once more. Vicious cycle.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari And Obasanjo Meet With Gordon Brown (Photos) / APC, PDP Senators, Reps Draw Battle Line / Acting CJN Swears In 250 Members Of General Election Tribunals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.