Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,002 members, 7,810,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength (31605 Views)

FG Names 15 Terrorism Financiers, BDCs, Plans Sanctions / FOREX Crisis: Raid On BDCs Ill-Advised, Wrongly-Directed - Peter Obi / Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by femmy2010(m): 11:07pm On Mar 25
erniok:

Things will improve hopefully.

I believe so too.
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by surgical: 11:07pm On Mar 25
Lance008:
If Tinubu like mak he no do anything
If this Naira fit come down
He re election sure
somebody wey fit win when he no dey power,na him you wan come defeat when power dey him hand ,dey play
Since he grab power in Lagos since 1999 he never release am,instead make una dey look for how to commot power from him hand after 8 years because that one too no sure for una

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by surgical: 11:12pm On Mar 25
Racoon:
@ #1251? Una dey ment. Not when the wicked demons in the APC told the whole world in 2015 that 1$ = #216 is not ok.
keep reminding them,they want to use propaganda cover their ineptitude but we will not allow them
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Vision101(m): 11:20pm On Mar 25
Easybet1:
I bought at 1725 to a dollar. Should I dump it now and accept my loss embarassed embarassed

You better do now because it will fall further.
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Jackson105: 11:33pm On Mar 25
mightyhazel:
Chinedu wants it back at 216.. 216 is very ok and much Berra than this..

Ok at least 470 it was last year January .. Chinedu means better for Nigeria than hypocritic urchins

Then you should be happy that it is going there, but why are you angry?

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by NothingDoMe: 11:41pm On Mar 25
RenaissanceGuy:
Many Abokis selling USD were getting their price from Binance and many speculators formed a ring where they were using multiple accounts to manipulate the price. If you were conversant with crypto, you'd understand how this works.
For some reason we keep forgetting that the FG floated the Naira.

Floating the Naira means price is determined by market forces including Binance.

Now the govt is defending the Naira and pegging it. Yet we blame Binance. Amazing!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by richeeyo(m): 11:43pm On Mar 25
Lance008:
If Tinubu like mak he no do anything
If this Naira fit come down
He re election sure
warey🤣🤣🤣😂
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by NothingDoMe: 11:44pm On Mar 25
Putindbutt:

Where's the pumping?, dummies plenty on this forum.
You're probably reading "pumping" like how pumping machine works. I understand. Not everyone should partake in these type of discussions. 😄
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Helinus: 11:51pm On Mar 25
RecentHistory:

Buy more dollars bro. Buy more.

Your loss will have surname. Woeful loss.

Ooh, so dollar will never rise again?

Laughable

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Iamanoited: 12:06am On Mar 26
SELL TO AUTHORIZED DEALERS AT N500:$1 IN FOREIGN MARKETS TILL JUNE ENDING. LET BDCS BUY CHEAPER FROM FOREIGN TRAVELLERS AND SELL BACK TO THEM AT N500:$1.
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Iamanoited: 12:07am On Mar 26
SELL TO AUTHORIZED DEALERS AT N500:$1 IN FOREIGN MARKETS TILL JUNE ENDING. LET BDCS BUY CHEAPER FROM FOREIGN TRAVELLERS AND SELL BACK TO THEM AT N500:$1.

Orisa37.
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Helinus: 12:12am On Mar 26
Babalegba:
Lol, you are pitting your wits against Tinubu,you will lose and your loss will be great. I hope you are handicapped financially for life when it happens because you are an enemy of Nigerian children. Your loss is not a matter of if but when.

So Naira will continue to rise until 1 naira equals 1 dollar? Dollar will not rise again because we are the major exporters only behind china.

How dumb can naira landers be
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by InvertedHammer: 12:33am On Mar 26
AngelicBeing:
Dollar Hoarders in the mudcheesy

/
LOL. Apparently you don't know how Nigeria works. Policy implementation is the greatest challenge. All these are just bandaid approach to stabilizing naira.

Jerome Powell signalled that the Fed will cut US interest rate three times this year and that definitely will help the naira. But then with US equities at all time high, risk aversion will support the US dollars. Overall, I am fully betting against the naira because Nigeria is fully import dependent. N1265 is still far cry from N700. cool

What do you think is the outlook in 1, 2, 3 and 5 years from now? The Blackman doesn't plan beyond 6 months. grin

If you want to send money to Nigeria this second, it is still N1420/$

/
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by sparko1(m): 1:48am On Mar 26
Easybet1:
I bought at 1725 to a dollar. Should I dump it now and accept my loss embarassed embarassed
If you delay, it might get to 1000 before end of the week, and you will lose over 700 Naira.

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Omoawoke: 1:57am On Mar 26
orikoku:
This thing will hit a lot of people. How on earth will you be buying dollars as an asset. People will cry, I swear.

They must cry shege… they must lose and weep!
How people are so unpatriotic, lack foresight and very stupid to trade on their national currency. The money they hope to make will still become useless when inflation hits. Awon asin win

4 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Omoawoke: 1:57am On Mar 26
Easybet1:

You go cry las las Insha allah!!

Next time, go and find better means of making money not trading on your national currency

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by ZEPHYREN(m): 2:00am On Mar 26
Dollar rise or fall I don't give a flying rat a*s. My dollar is for my car I plan to buy, so if it like make it rise to 200/$ as long cars are imported goods then I'm good.
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Babalegba(m): 2:38am On Mar 26
Helinus:

So Naira will continue to rise until 1 naira equals 1 dollar? Dollar will not rise again because we are the major exporters only behind china.

How dumb can naira landers be
Fortunately you are the dumb one and you have made me lose respect for Nigerian intelligence. I lived abroad for decades and know that one dollar or a pound would not even get you a portion of chips in the US and the UK but 1500 naira would get you a complete meal in Nigeria meaning that the naira is severely undervalued
I don't have time nor the willingness to explain the significance of that to you but the long and short of it is that such anomalies would cause severe economic problems especially for a country without power infrastructure to manufacture and export to take advantage of it's weak currency.
You are actually encouraging nigerians to hoard dollars to the detriment of their economy while encouraging America to print paper money.
You are dumb beyond belief.Naira will find it's true value soon and you will lose.
I never knew knew nigerians are this stupid. No wonder.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Alanzazani: 2:57am On Mar 26
nonny1212:
The will inflict hardship on purpose, find a solution for the hardship as if it wasn't them that created it in the first place. Then ppl begin to sing them Hero! We are not blind

Most sensible comment. Many Nigerians no wise honestly

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Raiders: 3:10am On Mar 26
Adolfnigeria:
it appears cardoso wants to go back to the days of subsidizing dollars.
Let's see, one day at a time.
yes. I believe they just trick Nigerians to devalue the naira from 700 to 1250. This new policy literally means that naira has been devalued to 1250 as the official rate and the CBN is no longer floating the naira but pegging the naira as 1250 because this is the same thing that previous government has been doing by determining the exchange rate

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by dreamxhaser: 4:07am On Mar 26
Xenry:
It will reach 2k this year.
Don't trust Nigeria's economic, they will fvck everything up at last. Nigerian government is the last you should trust.
Naira will deep a little and go back to it's destination. That's how other crypto coins do.
In dollars we stand, in naira we fall!

They know nothing

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by dreamxhaser: 4:40am On Mar 26
Funny enough

All the comments here are from BAT boys. Therefore this makes me pessimistic against the Naira because APC boys are always wrong in economics.
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by HenryWilliams(m): 5:06am On Mar 26
Easybet1:

Keep your dollars.
It will rise later after they're tired of shoring it up
Don't sell your dollars..
Kept it.
It's a wise investment.

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Honestey: 5:34am On Mar 26
I swear I want dollar to crash seriously so that those guys seeing those of us who didn't/couldn't buy as mumu and bloody pauper and mock us doing yanga as if buying dollar is an employment or as if the earth belongs to them can feel so much of oppression they have inflicted on others
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Honestey: 5:35am On Mar 26
HenryWilliams:

Keep your dollars.
It will rise later after they're tired of shoring it up
Don't sell your dollars..
Kept it.
It's a wise investment.

Are you keeping yours too? I will be here when you need a shoulder to rest on in the end.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Honestey: 5:40am On Mar 26
Omoawoke:

They must cry shege… they must lose and weep!
How people are so unpatriotic, lack foresight and very stupid to trade on their national currency. The money they hope to make will still become useless when inflation hits. Awon asin win

Exactly what I'm telling people that buying dollar only destroys your national currency, which in turn created a serious inflation that will gulp every money you converted your dollar back to. So what's the point?
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by mightyhazel: 5:58am On Mar 26
Jackson105:

Then you should be happy that it is going there, but why are you angry?
point of correction bum,come what may,Chinedu is never sad. Chinedu is always happy no matter the outcomes
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by alizma: 6:10am On Mar 26
Engrbee:
Dollar go still rise, no be naija we dey so
Lol, when nnpc PH is about to commence supply of fuel abi, oh you are not aware that Tinubu may succeeded in convincing Dangote to sell at local currency to Nigerians and to trade his foreign sales in dollars with crude oil?
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Paraman: 6:20am On Mar 26
bigiyaro:
victories in which war and against who? The same idiots that protested against #216/1$ and #7,500 for a bag of rice?
Show evidence people protested because of the exchange rate and bag of rice... If you can't show it, it means you're the idiot.
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by Paramount01(m): 6:46am On Mar 26
Tecnophone:
yes

Lolz.since Jonathan regeim till Buhari, dollar has been subsid
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by femi4: 6:49am On Mar 26
Donaldoni:

Refineries will soon begin operations

Cut your losses and sell your dollars now cheesy

Earn dollars. Don't hoard it. cool
Always will soon

The joke is on you
Re: CBN Sells Forex To BDCs At N1,251/$1as Naira regains strength by lexy2014: 6:50am On Mar 26
Paraman:
keep on living in 2014

am only reminding you of what your darling APC said.

from N200 to N1600...is that a sign of progress?

is this not the same APC lamenting and wailing that a dollar to N200 was too high?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Jelani Aliyu To Head Nigeria’s Automotive / Man Tries To Hang Himself In Abuja In Support Of Presidential Aspirant. Photos / Southern Governors Ban Open Grazing, Call For National Dialogue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.