Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,082 members, 7,811,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone (24439 Views)

2022 Medical Students Intake By Regions / These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB / Differences Between Geographical Zone And Geopolitical Zone!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by toprealman: 10:33pm On Mar 26
Stat on Tech courses will make sense
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by YoshihideSuga: 10:35pm On Mar 26
Godfullsam:
Where is Ekiti state?

The fountain of knowledge

Kini kon state with highest number of professors grin

I'm sure that is not entirely true until a thorough study has been conducted.

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by SeeWahala: 10:35pm On Mar 26
Emmanuel900:
There is no way Lagos and Ekiti won't be on the list

Lagos and ekiti are not on the list tongue
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by HBB1(m): 10:38pm On Mar 26
Basic123:

It's better for we yorubas to face the reality.

Check my previous comments on this forum,you ate not pro-yoruba than me!

I don't really care about your previous comments.

I am a Dr, so I should know a bit more about this.

Quota for admitted medical students per University is usually about 150.

Anybody admitting multiples of that is doing mago-mago and the students suffer it in the end.
The school will sometimes lose it's accreditation or the students are forced out or delayed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Anambra1stSonTV: 10:40pm On Mar 26
Emmanuel900:

Which propaganda?

we still lead in Education

Education in Nigeria doesn't start in the past three years.

decades of South west leads can not be erase because we didn't lead in one or two years.

If South west is always leading in something like this, that's abnormal.
Southeast has been leading for more than 12 years now

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Emmanuel900(m): 10:43pm On Mar 26
Anambra1stSonTV:
Southeast has been leading for more than 12 years now

yeah in your delusional mind

This stat is also from statisense

This is the number of doctors in Nigeria and by zone

1 Share

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by 30naira: 10:43pm On Mar 26
Gwan2:
These are human resources that should be used to built the society, but unfortunately, most will tap into the national treasure just give them the ground to fly away from Nigeria.

If education at any level is subsidised, a sensible government will sign a bond of agreement with the beneficiaries to at-least serve and built the society to some degree before seeking greener pasture.

Unfortunately, education is not subsidised
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by ottersberger(m): 10:44pm On Mar 26
softtorce:
How come Lagos is nowhere to be found on the list ?

Because the lagos builder busied himself with empowering Agberos.

4 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Basic123: 10:46pm On Mar 26
HBB1:

I don't really care about your previous comments.

I am a Dr, so I should know a bit more about this.

Quota for admitted medical students per University is usually about 150.

Anybody admitting multiples of that is doing mago-mago and the students suffer it in the end.
The school will sometimes lose it's accreditation or the students are forced out or delayed.

I am also a medical doctor.
I finished from U.I

Check admission list of UNN for 2024 you will not see a single yoruba man there.Now Check the admissions list of U.I,Convenant,OAU and Unilag and count the numbers of Igbo there.

8 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Anambra1stSonTV: 10:49pm On Mar 26
Ofemannnu:

You lead nothing.
I like how you are fooling yourself since 2018 this statistics was first published

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Anambra1stSonTV: 10:50pm On Mar 26
Emmanuel900:

Read

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Jman06(m): 10:51pm On Mar 26
We are training more healthcare professionals in the southeast yet we're not building hospitals where they can work so that our people would enjoy increased access to quality healthcare. The southeast has one of the poorest healthcare in the country! The primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare facilities are all not working.

Go to states like Enugu, none of the secondary healthcare facilities is functional because the government could not employ healthcare professionals to work there. You have empty buildings without professionals! Primary facilities are even worst! The state has only one tertiary hospital which is Parklane to cater for the whole of the citizens of the state. When states like Edo has up to three tertiary hospitals along with functional secondary facilities. Same with Lagos.

If a statistics of life expectancy in the six geopolitical zones is taken today, I'm sure the southeast would be among the states with lowest life expectancy! So many cases of people collapsing and dying. Deaths here and there from treatable ailments!

My point is, while we train more healthcare professionals, let's us revamp our healthcare facilities at the three levels to ensure that the people enjoy top notch healthcare. We need to build top notch healthcare system in the east because our population is fast declining due to the fact that we imbibe western lifestyles faster which has resulted to people not birthing much kids these days or even showing general aparthy to marriage. With the above scenario, if we don't get healthcare right in the region, then we are headed for extinction.

Anyways, kudos to us for showing more interests in education nowadays.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by tnerro1(m): 10:54pm On Mar 26
I don’t trust abokii doctors 😕
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Anambra1stSonTV: 10:55pm On Mar 26
Emmanuel900:

Southeast has been leading for years you just noticed it today

6 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by gaskiyamagana: 10:56pm On Mar 26
softtorce:
Olodo, zeroman, you no know say Lagos is under South West Nigeria?
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Kingbuhari(m): 10:56pm On Mar 26
Stooooopid people Awolowo managed gave education will come now and say, how many of them will graduate, why South West produces most of the doctors bla bla bla .. even will not allow them to admit, the region they deprived everything are thriving while them are going down down down to the sewage... Minus Awolowo, North will pass them in literacy rating

6 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by exynos(m): 10:57pm On Mar 26
This list is flawed honestly.

If genuinely everyone gets MBBS on the appropriate route. Then we would see a great list.

If you see how IGBOS pay so hugely for a slot here in one of the North-Central States University. It's quite sad. Not only are they cheating the quota system, they are taking away directly what belongs to qualified poor indigene students who merit the process.

God help us all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by gabbasin: 10:57pm On Mar 26
softtorce:
Most Lagosians are not indigenes of Lagos, so students in tertiary institution fill in their state of origin. When it comes to indigineship, Lagos has the smallest population of indigines.

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by lozanni(m): 10:58pm On Mar 26
Zico5:
Are u also counting over bloated number that UNN are admitting to study medicine? So u are counting the money induced numbers that UNN used to admit as part of the medical intake. The last I know, the number of quota for medicine there is less than 180, where did they come about 500 for medicine and 120 for dentistry. I learnt from some of their students that even with 200 in utme, u can gain admission to study medicine and dentistry so far u can pay. Even university of Ibadan with the highest quota don't admit as such. Let's see where MDCN come in.

All you have written is based on hearsay.
I know UNN, like OAU, admits a lot of medical students, but use the 2nd MB exams to weed the number to those who truly deserve to study medicine and surgery. Also, standards were also very high back then when I was at UNN as I knew some medical students who had to change to other courses of study as they could not pass the 2nd MB exams, even though they had parents who were lecturers in the Medical faculty.
So what you are saying about getting admitted with a score of 200 to study medicine at UNN is an absolute fallacy.
UNN graduates call themselves Lions and Lionesses because they know the worth of certificates they were awarded and this cannot be rubbished by unsubstantiated allegations of tale bearers.

11 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Anambra1stSonTV: 10:58pm On Mar 26
exynos:
This list is flawed honestly.

If genuinely everyone gets MBBS on the appropriate manner. Then we would see a great list.

If you see how IGBOS pay so hugely for a slot here in one of the North-Central States University. It's quite sad. Not only are they cheating the quota system, they are taking away directly what belongs to a people who merit the process.

God help us all
grin grin grin you guys are terrible

7 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by exynos(m): 11:00pm On Mar 26
Anambra1stSonTV:

grin grin grin you guys are terrible

Shut up!

Don't you dare tag me a Religious Bigot.

If you've ever been affected by this, you'd understand perfectly.
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Emmanuel900(m): 11:00pm On Mar 26
Anambra1stSonTV:

Southeast has been leading for years you just noticed it today

list the years ?
South West have been leading for decades, not leading for One or two years is not going to erase south west leads, besides the statistics was about admission, graduation could paint another story.

There was a time Yoruba lost the mantle in Nollywood before making a come back recently.

This is also the numbers of doctors and Dentists in Nigeria by zone according to the same Statisense

1 Share

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Benwems(m): 11:01pm On Mar 26
Mindlog:
In 12 years time, many of them will be practicing abroad. wink

Loving the South East zone's push for human capital development.

Get more of our young ones into medical and nursing schools, the return on investment in such human capital development will be massive.

Had a surgery last year at the Cambridge University Hospital and was wowed that one of the nurses who attended to me, was trained at Our Lady of Lourdes Nursing school in ihiala, Anambra state.....from a small town, ihiala to Cambridge. cheesy

No big deal. India and Pakistan have more doctors and nurses in UK than Nigeria, yet they do not demonize thier country. Who wants to go should go and who wants to stay should stay. Nigerians do not talk about the negative attitude and unprofessionalism of health workers and lecturers. They only talk about the bad government.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by CaptainFM1: 11:02pm On Mar 26
With just 5 states and least population, SE seems to need everything more and in excess than others. I guess they also need more palliative foods than others with this economic crunch!

I learnt they ate even lizards during the civil war......Emeka, can you confim from your dad?
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Zico5(m): 11:03pm On Mar 26
lozanni:

All you have written is based on hearsay.
I know UNN, like OAU, admits a lot of medical students, but use the 2nd MB exams to weed the number to those who truly deserve to study medicine and surgery. Also, standards were also very high back then when I was at UNN as I knew some medical students who had to change to other courses of study as they could not pass the 2nd MB exams, even though they had parents who were lecturers in the Medical faculty.
So what you are saying about getting admitted with a score of 200 to study medicine at UNN is an absolute fallacy.
UNN graduates call themselves Lions and Lionesses because they know the worth of certificates they were awarded and this cannot be rubbished by unsubstantiated allegations of tale bearers.
If u don't know anything, better keep OAU out of ur mouth. I am very conversant with OAU and they don't admit beyond their quota. Even my nephew whom I sponsor through medical school just graduated from OAU last year. So better keep ur mouth shut if u don't have genuine things to say. U don't know the person u are arguing with. OAU don't admit beyond their quota.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Bubu4Sea: 11:05pm On Mar 26
SirLakes:

Because it is a no mans land
Wicked Niggar grin
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Omoawoke: 11:08pm On Mar 26
softtorce:

We wonder why
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Omoawoke: 11:09pm On Mar 26
gaskiyamagana:

Olodo, zeroman, you no know say Lagos is under South West Nigeria?

Lagos is not among
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Sicklebear28: 11:19pm On Mar 26
LadyRosa:
cheesy

Seems today is a 'painful' day.

Funny enough, there was a time when girl education in the East was seen as a waste of time due to patriarchy. Now, more girls are educated than the males.Guess truly change is one thing constant in life.

My father trained his daughters well in school, Good schools better than his boyz.

Schooling in South East is funny. You go dey go late, na stranger go carry cane dey flog you to run fast to school grin

Omo see tears cheesy grin
Normal. E suppose pain sha. grin

Omo ladyRose you go sabi nack well well oooo.. See the DP on your personal profile.
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Bimpe29: 11:20pm On Mar 26
If you're not in agreement with this stats, you can go to court. Some regions are really playing, toying, joking and lackadaisical about education and human capital development.

8 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by lozanni(m): 11:22pm On Mar 26
Zico5:

If u don't know anything, better keep OAU out of ur mouth. I am very conversant with OAU and they don't admit beyond their quoo ta. Even my nephew whom I sponsor through medical school just graduated from OAU last year. So better keep ur mouth shut if u don't have genuine things to say. U don't know the person u are arguing with. OAU don't admit beyond their quota.

I will not exchange words with an uncouth fellow like you. Mere arguments, you immediately descend to your primordial nature.

I have medical friends who attended OAU and they told me about admission policy for medical students at the university at that time; its possible that things have changed over time at the institution.

I will like to know which higher institution you attended.

3 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Emtol01: 11:23pm On Mar 26
mrvitalis:

#Statisense
(Ministry of Education)

Let's see the chart for Tech and Agriculture too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Late Sylvester Oromoni's Candle Light Procession Held By Ijaw Indigenes (Photos) / JAMB Releases Dates For 2018 UTME / FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.