Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone (24430 Views)

2022 Medical Students Intake By Regions / These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB / Differences Between Geographical Zone And Geopolitical Zone!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by caracas: 1:49pm On Mar 27
Zico5:
Are u also counting over bloated number that UNN are admitting to study medicine? So u are counting the money induced numbers that UNN used to admit as part of the medical intake. The last I know, the number of quota for medicine there is less than 180, where did they come about 500 for medicine and 120 for dentistry. I learnt from some of their students that even with 200 in utme, u can gain admission to study medicine and dentistry so far u can pay. Even university of Ibadan with the highest quota don't admit as such. Let's see where MDCN come in.
Who pays money to study medicine? E b like head dey pain you abi?
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Jman06(m): 2:00pm On Mar 27
Shikena:
Exam miracle centers result - you fool nobody with that grin

You can never become best JAMB candidate through 'miracle centers'. Beside, the JAMB security system is so tight nowadays that most results reflect students' true performances in the exam.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by MightyNigerian: 2:03pm On Mar 27
caracas:

Who pays money to study medicine? E b like head dey pain you abi?

That's the fact shaa. I was at UNN medicine before I had issue in MB that made me change dpt. I can prove it to you that a lot of my classmates then bought admission.
Ok can you explain how a sch with quota of 180 will be admitting 400+
Apart from the primary list in UNN that's usually about 120 & merit based, all other supplementary lists are more in numbers than primary list.
You can see 200 JAMB score in medicine or dentistry in UNN as long as you have the money.
It's a known fact even among medical students of other schs that SE med sch admit way beyond quota.
There's no Med Sch in SE that keep to quota. They do pass the quota in hundreds. I feel that's the reason for topping that data.

If UNN the most strict & best sch in SE can do that, imagine what other schs especially state med sch are doing.
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by abdeefggh: 2:12pm On Mar 27
caracas:

Funny enough if you go to that same UI igbos might just be the highest, so your assertion is senseless n meaningless….
Yes all of them are ibos and you make lots of sense as a re.tard ibo that you are
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by MightyNigerian: 2:14pm On Mar 27
SpatialKing:

Unfortunately that is not what the measurement or count is based on... I understand your pain, bitterness and frustration that south east is leading...

These number are measured based on students with South State of origin admitted to all medical schools across Nigeria i.e if you are from Imo state in University of Sokoto school of medicine you will be counted to Imo state even if you haven't schooled or visited imo before....

Simple Google would've saved this embarrassment

Let look at it like this. Over half of the number for SE are contributed by SE Schs that over admit.
Most of SE Schs are attended by Easterners and will keep their state of origin.
If they overadmit, they actually benefit more.

The Igbos are making stride academically but that data is overbloated because of overadmission (beyond quota) by SE med Schs. If they keep to quota like other regions, number admitted won't be up to that.

Igbos travel a lot but I don't think they're as many as Yourbas in Northern med sch.
Just saying from my own personal observation. I was once medical student in UNN and we network with students in other regions via NIMSA.
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by caracas: 3:11pm On Mar 27
Ofemannnu:

lol
Continue to deceive yourself.There has never been anytime Igbos caught up with Yoruba in education and free education was introduced before 1962.

Name some of your doctors and lawyers or technocrats (they are unknown except for few who didn't drop out to do petty trading in the SW) if Yorubas ones known,important and active will not surpass them.

SW has 3 times the number of professors the SE has.

This is the Nigeria University Commission website's link...

https://www.nuc.edu.ng/
You just proved his point.
Thought you were going to counter his claims with statistics of highest in universities, secondary schools , n other institutions of education.was hoping for current or at least most recent indicators but no you had to go back to when yorubas were leading. Yes we know there was a time the yorubas overtook the igbos n that was after the war but clearly the igbos have recovered n has over taken the yorubas.
Number of professors does not reflect how educated a region is cos just a minor percentage of educated people end up as professors…..

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by SpatialKing(m): 4:14pm On Mar 27
MightyNigerian:

Let look at it like this. Over half of the number for SE are contributed by SE Schs that over admit.
Most of SE Schs are attended by Easterners and will keep their state of origin.
If they overadmit, they actually benefit more.

The Igbos are making stride academically but that data is overbloated because of overadmission (beyond quota) by SE med Schs. If they keep to quota like other regions, number admitted won't be up to that.

Igbos travel a lot but I don't think they're as many as Yourbas in Northern med sch.
Just saying from my own personal observation. I was once medical student in UNN and we network with students in other regions via NIMSA.

An average Yoruba student will rather wait and keep retrying to attend OAU, UI, Unilag and other south west universities like his/her parents and grand parents did than attend any university outside south east....

How many Yorubas are willing to go to Kebbi to study Medicine?

And you saying is because of overbloated because of overadmission (beyond quota) by SE med Sch..
Shows how ignorantt and naive you are when it comes to the strict regulations around intake and grad from medical schools by the regulatory bodies..

Moreover, if is easy to overbloated the North would've done that since...

Please accept it in good faith data is data the south east region is leading.. Commend the south east education system for a job well done

South West students should leave OAU and UI medical schools go to other regions to school... Also your government should work on reducing the number of out school children in region...

Peace ✌️

3 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by MightyNigerian: 4:21pm On Mar 27
SpatialKing:

An average Yoruba student will rather wait and keep retrying to attend OAU, UI, Unilag and other south west universities like his/her parents and grand parents did than attend any university outside south east....

And you saying is because of overbloated because of overadmission (beyond quota) by SE med Sch..
Shows how ignorantt and naive you are when it comes to the strict regulations around intake and grad from medical schools by the regulatory bodies..

Please accept it in good faith data is data the south east region is leading.. Commend the south east education system for a job well done

South West students should leave OAU and UI medical schools go to other regions to school... Also your government should work on reducing the number of out school children in region...

Peace ✌️

You don't get it. I was in the system and I know how it works. No region in Nigeria overadmit like SE. It was bad to the extent that JAMB had to step in at a point (2019) and rejected many illegal admissions by moving them to another dept.
I know for a fact that apart from northerners studying medicine in the North, Yourbas are the 2nd highest in the Northern med sch. You can confirm that on admission lists and exams success cards posted by your friends in NIMSA. You no dey the system, you dey misyarn.
Ask around. Everybody knows SE med sch admit way beyond quota.

Number inducted should be used not number admitted because that's what MDCN regulate. They don't control admission

The Igbos travel and I respect that. They're smart as well but that data is a misrepresentation.
PS: ain't Igbo or Yourba, I'm from Edo state and I sch in UNN.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by SpatialKing(m): 4:29pm On Mar 27
MightyNigerian:

You don't get it. I was in the system and I know how it works. No region in Nigeria overadmit like SE. It was bad to the extent that JAMB had to step in at a point (2019) and rejected many illegal admissions by moving them to another dept.
I know for a fact that apart from northerners studying medicine in the North, Yourbas are the 2nd highest in the Northern med sch. You can confirm that on admission lists and exams success cards posted by your friends in NIMSA.

The Igbos travel and I respect that. They're smart as well but that data is a misrepresentation.

You don't have any prove that SE over admits
Their are regulations to numb of medical students you may admit and no school violate such...

Again, this data is not from South East alone Infact their are a lot of SE students studying medicine outside SE region...

The data is authentic, correct and authorized...

Anything other that are just your opinion and wishful thinking

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Ozommadu: 4:31pm On Mar 27
Ofemannnu:

lol
Continue to deceive yourself.There has never been anytime Igbos caught up with Yoruba in education and free education was introduced before 1962.

Name some of your doctors and lawyers or technocrats (they are unknown except for few who didn't drop out to do petty trading in the SW) if Yorubas ones known,important and active will not surpass them.

SW has 3 times the number of professors the SE has.

This is the Nigeria University Commission website's link...

https://www.nuc.edu.ng/

Lol, that professor statistics is simply number of professors practicing in schools across nigeria...it didn't state their state of origin

You know that

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by MightyNigerian: 5:18pm On Mar 27
SpatialKing:

You don't have any prove that SE over admits
Their are regulations to numb of medical students you may admit and no school violate such...

Again, this data is not from South East alone Infact their are a lot of SE students studying medicine outside SE region...

The data is authentic, correct and authorized...

Anything other that are just your opinion and wishful thinking

I said what I said and I'll prove it. Over half of that SE figure was contributed by SE Schs despite their small quota. You have more Igbos overadmitted in SE med sch that's why it's overbloated
the proof is here
UNN the best in SE admitted 400+ in 1 yr 2ru multiple lists
https://www.unn.edu.ng/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/2018-2019-PRIMARY-ADMISSION-FOR-PUBLICATION.pdf
(103 here)

https://www.unn.edu.ng/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-2019-SUPPLEMENTARY-ADMISSION-LIST-FOR-PUBLICATION.pdf
(200 admitted here)

(and this)
https://www.unn.edu.ng/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/2018-2019-SUPPLEMENTARY-ADMISSION-LIST-II.pdf

All in 1 year admission for medicine.
This is for the most strict and best sch in SE and I bet you that it's worse in other SE Schs.
Can you explain why a sch with 180 quota admitted 400+. This doesn't happen once, it happens frequently.
UI has the best and highest quota of 180 same with ABU in the North with 180 but none admit like SE Schs. In fact, UI don't admit up to quota despite being the best med sch in Nigeria.

SE are doing fine academically but that data there is overbloated because of backdoor admissions. The numbers admitted through backdoor supplementary lists is usually more than merit/primary list and that's too bad. That's the reason the data is overbloated and misrepresented.

Number inducted should be used because that's actually regulated by MDCN
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by HBB1(m): 5:42pm On Mar 27
wiseoneking:
is not a matter of crying here on nairaland, SE dominates all their 5 states and still have maximum metit in all federal universities and private universities in Nigeria. As I said, UNILAG, OAU etc has at least 15 to 30% of their students from SE. This is under Merit list meaning the 15to 20% top scorers of admitted students. As you say, no other proper universities aside of UNN, okay, that said, they will definitely rule your states where there are proper universities.may be that's while the three premier universities and institutions : Yaba tech, unilag, ui are all pioneered by Igbo vc’s,

Presently, covenant university se population would soon be more than the people of that region. There are more higher institutions in sw but Igbos are trouping there and soon will. …,,,,?

The difference here is that the Igbos are 97% in charge in their region due to high competition and they are taken seizable percentage in every other region esp sw and ss. They reduced that of the ne and nw due to banditry and are strong in nc.

Other true federalism and merit, 40% of SW universities and 80% northern uni would have been of SE ORIGIN.

Stop digging up imagined stats from your lala land.

The reason Igbos 'dominate' your region is because nobody wants to come there.

Simple.

Also, it seems nobody can win with you guys.
If they do not allow you somewhere else based on merit, you scream nepotism.

When they allow you, you brag about how you are going to dominate others.

What a mindset!

So Federal and Private Universities in the South West are now to blame for allowing people deserving of admission to get it?
Won't you start bleating again if they don't?

Also, it is a big lie that your kin make up 30% of the admission in the Univerisities you mentioned.

I schooled in one of them, so you know.
...and in no time are you dominating shit!

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by HBB1(m): 5:55pm On Mar 27
caracas:

Funny enough if you go to that same UI igbos might just be the highest, so your assertion is senseless n meaningless….

How can Igbos be the highest?

Tell me you have never left your region, without telling me you have never left.

Your delusions of grandeur are amusing!
🤣
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by fcb212: 5:56pm On Mar 27
showlove911:
These numbers does not reflect the true statistics.

In FMC abakaliki, Ebonyi state where I work, the number of medical students exceeds 300. I mean one level(like 300L). Now 99% of the students are actually igbos.

My neighbor, a nursing student, their class is well over 500 (just 4th year). I once helped my landlord to do exam invigilation of law students, 100L. It took 3 big halls to continue them. 98% igbos.

We don't have or keep data in this country and its sad.
Good day.

Please, there is nothing like FMC in Ebonyi state. Ebonyi has Alex Ekwueme federal Teaching Hospital and David Umahi federal Teaching Hospital, Uburu. I don't know where you got this information of FMC Abakaliki from. My younger brother resides in Ebonyi state and I have once lived in Ebonyi state too most especially around Odunukwe which is just a stone throw to Fetha.

Secondly, the number of medical students in each class in Ebsu is not even up to 300 just as you stated above. Ebsu does not exceed the approved quota by NUC. Ebsu does not go beyond the approved quota by MDCAN. My two nephews are also medical students of both Ebsu and Funai. These are facts.
Thirdly, you wrote that 99% of medical students in Ebonyi are Igbos. For the purpose of clarity, About 70% of most medical students are Igbos not 99% just as you stated here,the remaining percentage of admitted medical students are drawn from other states and Nationalities.
Finally, no 4th year Nursing class in any approved citadel of learning in Ebonyi is over 500 in number. They don't even admit up to the number you stated here.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by HBB1(m): 6:03pm On Mar 27
caracas:

You just proved his point.
Thought you were going to counter his claims with statistics of highest in universities, secondary schools , n other institutions of education.was hoping for current or at least most recent indicators but no you had to go back to when yorubas were leading. Yes we know there was a time the yorubas overtook the igbos n that was after the war but clearly the igbos have recovered n has over taken the yorubas.
Number of professors does not reflect how educated a region is cos just a minor percentage of educated people end up as professors…..

Number of Professors does not reflect education?

Are you a joke?
🤣

Ok, will ranking of Universities reflect how well a region is doing?

So you know, there was no time, I repeat no time, the Igbos did better than the Yorubas in Education.

As at the 1800s the Yorubas already had Dr, Lawyers...

Ajayi Crowther even had to translate books for your kin.

Stop capping oga
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by HBB1(m): 6:36pm On Mar 27
SpatialKing:

Peace ✌️

Oga, no Yoruba is willing to go to the East for University.

I personally only know one Yoruba Dr that finished from UNN... and I know lots lf Drs.

Yorubas, however, particularly the Muslims are willing to go up North.
I repeat, asides UNN, there are no other reputable Universities in the East, so why will any sane person leave an OAU or UI or Covenant or ABUAD for there?

Don't you get it?

They would rather go to ABU or UNIMAID or UDUS

Also, so you know, medical education in the East is generally inferior to the South West.

I know people who have complained of not being able to do basic tests when they trained there.
Even the Teaching Hospitals dod not have CT Scans...
( I am not willing to give you screenshots from a private group I belong to, to prove this).

So what are they teaching.

Besides, how can Imo state with few medical (and deficient) medical schools admit more medical students than states with more and better established medical schools.

The joke is on you!

This paper published a few years back was talking about your people.
🤣

Keep deceiving yourselves.

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by SpatialKing(m): 7:03pm On Mar 27
HBB1:

Oga, no Yoruba is willing to go to the East for University.

I personally only know one Yoruba Dr that finished from UNN... and I know lots lf Drs.

Yorubas, however, particularly the Muslims are willing to go up North.
I repeat, asides UNN, there are no other reputable Universities in the East, so why will any sane person leave an OAU or UI or Covenant or ABUAD for there?

Don't you get it?

They would rather go to ABU or UNIMAID or UDUS

Also, so you know, medical education in the East is generally inferior to the South West.

I know people who have complained of not being able to do basic tests when they trained there.
Even the Teaching Hospitals dod not have CT Scans...
( I am not willing to give you screenshots from a private group I belong to, to prove this).

So what are they teaching.

Besides, how can Imo state with few medical (and deficient) medical schools admit more medical students than states with more and better established medical schools.

The joke is on you!

This paper published a few years back was talking about your people.
🤣

Keep deceiving yourselves.

You still haven't proved any point

Those numbers are not captured from the South East only...

You have not provided data for state of origins of all medical students admitted by all the medical schools in Nigeria...your focus on SE enrollment alone still does not justify your claim.

Like said go to Kebbi or Zamfara medical schools you still find more SE students than any other southerners

The indices didn't measure quality of Medical education instead number of medical students by region so you are going off point already...

The fact still remains
SE has more medical Students Spread across all the medical schools in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by PropertyBuying(f): 7:04pm On Mar 27
This is showing some interesting statistics.
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by HBB1(m): 7:44pm On Mar 27
SpatialKing:

You still haven't proved any point

Those numbers are not captured from the South East only...

You have not provided data for state of origins of all medical students admitted by all the medical schools in Nigeria...your focus on SE enrollment alone still does not justify your claim.

Like said go to Kebbi or Zamfara medical schools you still find more SE students than any other southerners

The indices didn't measure quality of Medical education instead number of medical students by region so you are going off point already...

The fact still remains
SE has more medical Students Spread across all the medical schools in Nigeria...

That is a lie?

What spread are you talking about?

I can count on my fingers and toes, how many classmates where Igbo.
...Out of a class of above 250.

Same with my sister who schooled and did her Residency in 2 different Teaching Hospitals.

I have 4 other siblings too including my Parents and they had no such spread.

I also served in the North and was in a few Teaching Hospitals there.
Igbos did not populate anywhere.

I have friends that trained in the North and they were mostly Yoruba Muslims.

Stop lying oga.
You twist any narrative to buttress your delusions of grandeur.

It is very evident your schools admit above the required quota.
No be today.
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by SpatialKing(m): 7:52pm On Mar 27
HBB1:

That is a lie?

What spread are you talking about?

I can count on my fingers and toes, how many classmates where Igbo.
...Out of a class of above 250.

Same with my sister who schooled and did her Residency in 2 different Teaching Hospitals.

I have 4 other siblings too including my Parents and they had no such spread.

I also served in the North and was in a few Teaching Hospitals there.
Igbos did not populate anywhere.

I have friends that trained in the North and they were mostly Yoruba Muslims.

Stop lying oga.
You twist any narrative to buttress your delusions of grandeur.

It is very evident your schools admit above the required quota.
No be today.

You have not provided data for state of origins of all medical students admitted by all the medical schools in Nigeria...your focus on SE enrollment alone which still does not justify your claim.

Until you do so you have no argument

This is the last time I will reply until you provide the data
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Zool6: 7:56pm On Mar 27
This percentage is by numbers of medical students graduating from each region not about states of origin, are u saying allocation was given to Igbo hausa or yoruba on number of doctors to produce?
Stop beating ur cabin biscuits chest and face reality Education wise yorubas is at it lowest point now even north might overtake u soon

quote author=Ofemannnu post=129125173]

Where are those Igbos because Yorubas dominate medicine both abroad and in Nigeria.
[/quote]
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Zool6: 8:00pm On Mar 27
Fake
This is number of Medical students studying and graduating for every region universities
If there state of origin is captured Igbos will still lead u stop fooling around

quote author=Ofemannnu post=129125359]
You lead nothing.
[/quote]
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by HBB1(m): 8:04pm On Mar 27
SpatialKing:

You have not provided data for state of origins of all medical students admitted by all the medical schools in Nigeria...your focus on SE enrollment alone which still does not justify your claim.

Until you do so you have no argument

This is the last time I will reply until you provide the data

That's bullshit!
🤣

You provide your fake data.

I went to medical school in South West Nigeria.
My Siblings and some in-laws too.
All in different Universities.

I can count how many Igbos we had.

So your concocted narrative holds no water.
It is just plain hogwash.

Some years back Igbinedion was admitting up to 1000 students into Medicine.
Imagine Edo state now bragging about it?

Just amusing!
🤣

No wonder your medical schools are poor.
Quantity, but no quality.
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Zool6: 8:08pm On Mar 27
Propaganda
Numbers of Nigeria practicing doctors and location Lagos will certainly swell South West numbers are u saying there are no Igbo practicing doctors in Lagos and other south west states?
The big question u should answer is what tribe is called Abroad in Nigeria?
U ppl should leave all this propaganda go back to drawing board

Ofemannnu:

Where are those Igbos because Yorubas dominate medicine both abroad and in Nigeria.
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by kelly72: 8:42pm On Mar 27
Shebi dem say na only spia part this pipo dey sell why dem dey come lead for WAEC, JAMB, Law School Admission and even Medical School admission all the time tori olohun?

Oro awon people yi ti sun mi o!

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Kingbuhari(m): 9:32pm On Mar 27
HBB1:

You realise the South West already had Drs from the mid 1800s?

You are a joke!
I get am before no be property

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by tctrills: 9:43pm On Mar 27
MightyNigerian:

I know for a fact that apart from northerners studying medicine in the North, Yourbas are the 2nd highest in the Northern med sch. You can confirm that on admission lists and exams success cards posted by your friends in NIMSA. You no dey the system, you dey misyarn.
Ask around. Everybody knows SE med sch admit way beyond quota.

Number inducted should be used not number admitted because that's what MDCN regulate. They don't control admission

When you say you were in the system what do you mean?
Were you in charge of admissions in any university?
How many universities do you have the data or stats on their over admitting?
Do you have info for the particular year in the above stats?
Do your have any data on the over admitting from other zones?
Please explain.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by MightyNigerian: 9:46pm On Mar 27
tctrills:

When you say you were in the system what do you mean?
Where you in charge of admissions in any university?
How many universities do you have the data or stats on their over admitting?
Do you have info for the particular year in the above stats?
Do your have any data on the over admitting from other zones?
Please explain.

LMAO
I mean I was in med sch at UNN and I saw how the admissions went. We network with friends in other med sch outside SE and I know the difference.
Do I have data, yes.
I have more than enough verifiable proof to show the overadmission in SE Schs.

Not just Medicine but all medical courses.
It's a known fact by any medical student of UNN except person wan do cover up here. But ee no go work because the admission lists are online
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by tctrills: 9:50pm On Mar 27
MightyNigerian:

LMAO
I mean I was in med sch at UNN and I saw how the admissions went. We network with friends in other med sch outside SE and I know the difference.
Do I have data, yes.
I have more than enough verifiable proof to show the overadmission in SE Schs.

Not just Medicine but all medical courses.
It's a known fact by any medical student of UNN except person wan do cover up here. But ee no go work because the admission lists are online
Ok present your evidence please.
So in the year you were in UNN, give us data of the over admitting in all SE universities.
And then compare that with your Data on the over admitting in SW universities.
It's time to show your evidence and silence your critic.
Present your data sir.

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Ofemannnu: 10:21pm On Mar 27
Zool6:
Propaganda
Numbers of Nigeria practicing doctors and location Lagos will certainly swell South West numbers are u saying there are no Igbo practicing doctors in Lagos and other south west states?
The big question u should answer is what tribe is called Abroad in Nigeria?
U ppl should leave all this propaganda go back to drawing board

That is your lie,sir.
Thank God,Lagos and FCT were posted differently.

P.S :Abroad means number of Nigerian doctors who travelled abroad during this period.

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Ofemannnu: 10:34pm On Mar 27
Ozommadu:

Lol, that professor statistics is simply number of professors practicing in schools across nigeria...it didn't state their state of origin

You know that

lol
That meant that you did not open it.
It stated names,state of origin and the universities where they are presently.
Please,open and peruse it.
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by MightyNigerian: 10:42pm On Mar 27
tctrills:

Ok present your evidence please.
So in the year you were in UNN, give us data of the over admitting in all SE universities.
And then compare that with your Data on the over admitting in SW universities.
It's time to show your evidence and silence your critic.
Present your data sir.

Sure
UNN 2016 (022) set
Merit/primary list. Medicine 95, Dentistry 28

https://www.unn.edu.ng/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/2016-2017-PRIMARY-ADMISSION-LIST-FOR-PUBLICATION.pdf

UNN 2016 (022) set
Supplementary list II medicine 159, Dentistry 30 both more than merit list

https://www.unn.edu.ng/20162017-supplementary-admission-list-ii/

same UNN 2016 (022) now at 200L joined by DE
Merit list for DE medicine 7, Dentistry 3
https://www.unn.edu.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/2017-2018-SUPPLEMENTARY-DIRECT-ENTRY-ADMISSION-LIST.docx.pdf

Same UNN 2016 (022)now at 200L joined by supplementary DE list
Medicine 21, Dentistry 3

https://www.unn.edu.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/2017-2018-SUPPLEMENTARY-DIRECT-ENTRY-ADMISSION-LIST.pdf

Total admitted for 2016 (022) set plus change of course at 200L into Medicine and Dentistry that has no list
Medicine = 300+
Dentistry = 70+

UNN Quota at admission time 2016 as seen on MDCN portal
Medicine= 150
Dentistry = 15

The funny thing is the number on backdoor supplementary lists is more than merit/primary list and is usually in multiples of quota
On the contrary, UI, OAU & UNILAG admitted below/just above (maximum of extra 10) above quota when you combine all their lists especially for UI that will never admit up to quota number. UI has a higher quota (180) than UNN (150) as at then, 2016 as seen on MDCN portal yet admitted less.

I'll bring other years with analysis like this for 2017, 2018, 2019 etc but it'll take time.

N.B: Years that follow 2016 had it worse than 2016 set until JAMB did their work for the 1st time in 2019 admissions & moved some illegally admitted students to other departments. That reduced it in subsequent years I think for Dentistry but not medicine.
Heard Dentistry took it up with the sch to avoid losing accreditation to make sch stop illegal admissions into dpt plus they're already having quota crises.
Medicine reduced but continue like business as usual

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Can A Teacher Or Parent Do, To Improve The Legibility Of This Handwriting? / University Of Ibadan Will Not Admit Pharmacy students This Year.!!! / How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.