Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone (24648 Views)

2022 Medical Students Intake By Regions / These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB / Differences Between Geographical Zone And Geopolitical Zone!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Shikena(m): 1:23am On Mar 27
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Airlord2030:
anything to feel good about yourselves.

when mc oluomo boys were chasing you like goats last year, why did'nt you come out and show that your flattheadd na? grin
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by RhinoChest: 1:27am On Mar 27
UHLmoving:
Before the Civil War, the Igbo occupied most of the government offices because they had the number for the most educated. Then appointments into public offices was on merit, not the nepotism we see today.

Awolowo in a bid to catch up with the Igbo in education had to declare free education in the southwest.

Despite the several years of government-induced setbacks, the Igbo are topping the ranks again.

Surely the Igbo are undefeated.

Read 'There was a country" by Chinua Achebe

This was very true until that stupid one-sided coup.

Moral of the story; just because you dominate, never underestimate or 2nd guess your fellow compatriot. Be gracious and never show arrogance!

3 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by LadyRosa(f): 1:36am On Mar 27
IduNaOba:

You dey cap.
Your father trained his female children and you think other people's fathers did not do same for them?

Igbo women love to lie against their men why?
The ụmụada / ụmụ ọkpụ / ụmụ agbọghọ / inyom ọna societies empowered many women with the support of ụmụnna.
IGbo women owned and ran big business sef.
You Wan come here dey cap?

Go back to the village, your village and ask them.
Stop lying against igbo men.
We give our women the best.

Offpoint.
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by YoshihideSuga: 1:41am On Mar 27
Ofemannnu:

Don't mind him.Decades of being the leading light in Medicine,Law,Engineering,can just a couple of years delete that?

The enormity of the number of SW professors only is enough for anybody to know that SW is greatly enlightened.

This is the Nigeria University Commission website's link...

https://www.nuc.edu.ng/

Your link doesn't show any evidence that the South West has the highest number of professors. Do you have any evidence where that achievement is explicitly stated?

3 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by remigiusizunna(m): 1:56am On Mar 27
Dikegodspower:
Ebonyi self
How many people are in the state to start with?.
Elechi did a great work in the education sector but Dave used school fees hike to drive all the students to the north.
The current governor is doing well sha
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Yankee101: 2:00am On Mar 27
There’s a problem with this list
Only one university in the northwest admits nearly 300 and most of them from the north
The same university has Indians and foreigners almost every year. So there’s something wrong with this source of data

It is not correct

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by broadman20: 2:59am On Mar 27
abdeefggh:
Lol what is the meaning of this nonsense. What matters is how many actually graduated and get inducted into medical profession.

The best university in Nigeria with best facilities and best lecturers throughout the continent which is UI wont admit more than 15O students but one agulu university in that region will admit 500 in a dubious way and they think its an achievement. Funny people grin

Let me sing for you based on your current situation;

You have comforter

Jesus is your comforter

Your saviour is your comforter

You are not alone.

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Gboyeee: 3:05am On Mar 27
Most south west elites are seriously migrating to UK, US and Canada. They are more in these countries than any other region
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by HRMK: 3:12am On Mar 27
IGBOS WONT TALK OF MARGINALISATION HERE!LIKEWISE OTHER AREAS WHERE THE REGION DOMINATES!
TO THEM,IT IS THEIR RIGHTS OR ENTITLEMENT!!
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Billionairly: 3:47am On Mar 27
Ofemannnu:

lol
Continue to deceive yourself.There has never been anytime Igbos caught up with Yoruba in education and free education was introduced before 1962.

Name some of your doctors and lawyers or technocrats (they are unknown except for few who didn't drop out to do petty trading in the SW) if Yorubas ones known,important and active will not surpass them.

SW has 3 times the number of professors the SE has.

I didnt bother to click the link because nothing you wrote here invalidates the claim. What you are stating is a different stats altogether which is claiming that of all those who eventually become doctors more yorubas go on to be professors. But that doesnt mean yorubas have way more doctors. Not every doctor wants to become a professor. Some are happy to maybe start their own clinics with a mere BA or some a Masters degree while others might choose to transcend to other genres of medicine.

If that stat really bothers you, I hope you people understand that States mentioned here in does not include the entire igbo population, If we are to make this a tribal list, it might be igbos 2750 Omulabis 1300, because the SS delta and rivers has a lot of indigenous and non indigenous igbos, So you people should calm down and give credit where it is due.

5 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by luminouz(m): 3:53am On Mar 27
Mindlog:
In 12 years time, many of them will be practicing abroad. wink

Loving the South East zone's push for human capital development.

Get more of our young ones into medical and nursing schools, the return on investment in such human capital development will be massive.

Had a surgery last year at the Cambridge University Hospital and was wowed that one of the nurses who attended to me, was trained at Our Lady of Lourdes Nursing school in ihiala, Anambra state.....from a small town, ihiala to Cambridge. cheesy

Now I know where to find your black ass!!!

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Forkthiefnubu: 3:56am On Mar 27
flexyrule:
Not true.
Pls let’s have your truth and the evidence
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Eleohjo: 4:43am On Mar 27
This statistics is definitely not correct, the number of students admitted to study medicine and surgery in UDUS alone for last year is more than 200, I was even surprised when I came across the figure for UDUS, I thought medical student are always few.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Ofunaofu: 5:28am On Mar 27
Tareq1105:

I don't believe this.

The writer was economical with the truth. South East couldn't have had more than South West in Medicine and Law.

Keep doubting while the south east Keep toping

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Cantonese: 5:30am On Mar 27
Zico5:
Are u also counting over bloated number that UNN are admitting to study medicine? So u are counting the money induced numbers that UNN used to admit as part of the medical intake. The last I know, the number of quota for medicine there is less than 180, where did they come about 500 for medicine and 120 for dentistry. I learnt from some of their students that even with 200 in utme, u can gain admission to study medicine and dentistry so far u can pay. Even university of Ibadan with the highest quota don't admit as such. Let's see where MDCN come in.

That’s why the country remains very backward…quota system.

When you choose your profession, you should get the admission and encouragement needed to achieve in life. What you see and argue about is the truth and reality that there are more people willing to become doctors in the SE than other regions. If you talk about mass communication, you are very likely to find more people from the SW.
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by DECLAN2015(m): 5:39am On Mar 27
[quote author=UHLmoving post=129124579]Before the Civil War, the Igbo occupied most of the government offices because they had the number for the most educated. Then appointments into public offices was on merit, not the nepotism we see today.

Awolowo in a bid to catch up with the Igbo in education had to declare free education in the southwest.

Despite the several years of government-induced setbacks, the Igbo are topping the ranks again.

Read 'There was a country" by Chinua Achebe [/quote

U be olodo rapata
Admission to medicine in the east is for economic purpose it does not signify anything
During my time in Edo
We were 250 in a class about 150 were withdrawn last last.
And secondly when it come to education south east is still second to the west
And most of their better person either attended school here or stay here

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by donbenie(m): 5:39am On Mar 27
abdeefggh:
Lol what is the meaning of this nonsense. What matters is how many actually graduated and get inducted into medical profession.

The best university in Nigeria with best facilities and best lecturers throughout the continent which is UI wont admit more than 15O students but one agulu university in that region will admit 500 in a dubious way and they think its an achievement. Funny people grin
Wail.🤡
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by donbenie(m): 5:40am On Mar 27
Zico5:
Are u also counting over bloated number that UNN are admitting to study medicine? So u are counting the money induced numbers that UNN used to admit as part of the medical intake. The last I know, the number of quota for medicine there is less than 180, where did they come about 500 for medicine and 120 for dentistry. I learnt from some of their students that even with 200 in utme, u can gain admission to study medicine and dentistry so far u can pay. Even university of Ibadan with the highest quota don't admit as such. Let's see where MDCN come in.
Wail.🤡
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by DECLAN2015(m): 5:42am On Mar 27
abdeefggh:

Exactly
How is admission to college of medicine now become achievement.....after all 50% ll rushed to their small london Lagos after graduation......the surge in admission over their is for the university to generate funds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by donbenie(m): 5:43am On Mar 27
Ofemannnu:

lol
Continue to deceive yourself.There has never been anytime Igbos caught up with Yoruba in education and free education was introduced before 1962.

Name some of your doctors and lawyers or technocrats (they are unknown except for few who didn't drop out to do petty trading in the SW) if Yorubas ones known,important and active will not surpass them.

SW has 3 times the number of professors the SE has.

Wail 🤡
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by donbenie(m): 5:44am On Mar 27
Ofemannnu:
According to the NUC website which can be accessed seamlessly by any interested researcher,there is now a shift and a takeover by the Northerners as the Igbos are pushed off the sidewalk of Professorship into the 3rd position in the rank of who has the higher number of Professors between the two educational gladiators.

SW still continues to be the stallion and champion of Education in Nigeria as the number of their Professors is almost triple that of the Igbos according to the Directory of full Professors in Nigerian Universities.
Kudos to the gallant Igbos just as the Northerners are also heralded into the second position of Professorial hierarchy in Nigeria.
Welcome..

You go explain tire..🤡

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by DECLAN2015(m): 5:45am On Mar 27
Zico5:

Inferiority complex is disturbing those guy
And they always think they are wise.
The number is dubious and we all know it is fraud just to generate funds

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Ogurube: 5:55am On Mar 27
Seyi, you’re proof of why the SW is falling behind.
In colonial times up to 1967, the Igbos were tops in running Nigeria’s Civil Service and private companies.
spiSeyi:

Lies, it's because Aguyi Ironsi nepotism
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Ogurube: 5:58am On Mar 27
Willful ignorance leaves you more blockheaded, if unchecked. 70% of them leaving still benefits the region by the resources and knowledge they bring back home.

Focusmind:
At the end, 70% of them are leaving the country. It doesn't benefit their region or the country. Nothing in this country is geared towards the overall benefit of the country because of bad leadership that has diminished any sense of patriotism among Nigerians. Our education system should be purpose driven for the overall development of the country. Sadly, corruption and nepotism will continue to embolden people to ply their trades outside the shores of the country.
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Mindlog: 6:02am On Mar 27
luminouz:

Now I know where to find your black ass!!!

Was I declared missing?
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by DestinyNigga: 7:03am On Mar 27
Dikegodspower:
Ebonyi self

Ebonyi dey dull us I swear. We need to recolonize them 😂😂😂
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by DestinyNigga: 7:04am On Mar 27
UHLmoving:
Before the Civil War, the Igbo occupied most of the government offices because they had the number for the most educated. Then appointments into public offices was on merit, not the nepotism we see today.

They will not see our back again. We never give up 💪💪💪

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by DestinyNigga: 7:05am On Mar 27
flexyrule:
Not true.
Sorry my dear. I know it came as shock with you. Just eat ewedu and amara to cool ur brain 😂😂😂
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by DestinyNigga: 7:05am On Mar 27
flexyrule:
Not true.
Sorry my dear. I know it came as shock to you. Just eat ewedu and amara to cool ur brain 😂😂😂
Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by paramakina202: 7:16am On Mar 27
Ofemannnu:

You lead nothing.

Oluwale Chicago satistics.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by KOMBE: 7:24am On Mar 27
UHLmoving:

You made my day.

Undefeated
Unopposed
Premium or Nothing

(In flavours voice)

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone by Osoboshi: 7:25am On Mar 27
Thormentor:

The truth is, SW isn't meriting anything

even when that fake jamb girl forged her results

the next was still from SE

just admit people from SE are pushing Thier kids more into education
and where was she studying and after her how many Yoruba ppl followed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff / Your Plans If ASUU Suspends The Strike Next Week / LAUTECH Shut Down, Jambites Not Allow To Write Their Exams (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.