Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Dear Ex-classmates - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dear Ex-classmates (28420 Views)

UK-Based Nigerian Took Aboniki To School, Classmates Use It On Their Eye (Video) / Classmates Console SS1 Student As She Breaks Down In Tears After Being Dumped / Secondary School Classmates Get Married 17 Years Later (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:40pm On Mar 27
This weire up is apt
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by kushme: 10:46pm On Mar 27
Klington:

Nobody is interested in lifting anyone these days.

Why say so? You must have had some bad experience to say so!
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Yashita: 10:50pm On Mar 27
Kobicove:

Some people who are fortunate think other people are lazy undecided

And to be sincere, some people are actually lazy, they lack self motivation.

7 Likes

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Coly2012(m): 10:50pm On Mar 27
Just wished I can be with my classmates again just for 2 minutes, let me just tell them how I loved and missed them all. It's been 22years now we sat together and have mutual fun.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Usmanovic95(m): 10:52pm On Mar 27
The sad truth is no one is living a perfect life.Every one Is facing different challenges here and there.That ex classmate who looks financially okay might be having issues with his family or health.

14 Likes

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by akanbiaa(m): 10:52pm On Mar 27
Klington:

Those in Your Circle.
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Kingrshd3: 11:02pm On Mar 27
Hezzyluv:
Life is not easy at tall..

Funny enough, tell the secondary school students of these days what's ahead of them and the need for them to learn skills couple with their studies, they will rather see you as enemy who doesn't want them to go to the University and graduate.

I advised my kid brother to go learn skills first before schooling after, the guy blatantly refuse to heed to my advice. Today, he's a graduate but we have never stop sending him succor. undecided

Yes it even happened to my elder brother and now he is finding it hard to feed twice a day at 45+ all in the name of I can't learn skil trade expect schooling .

But what helped me was that I learnt web development online and am making it as side gig till date .

So my son must not just go to school alone but with skill or including trade because education isn't the passport to successful life as it is in the olden days

5 Likes

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by anu3: 11:04pm On Mar 27
NPFLADMIN:
That's how one idiot told his friend "Should people still be feeding you at this age?"

Hmmm... Well, one major bad thing about such is if they seem quite comfortable or easy in such situation... And not showing bof wanting to move on... But that's not to justify the act of looking down on them.
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Kingrshd3: 11:05pm On Mar 27
blueghost:
I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn’t always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn’t always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don’t always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time.

Also sometimes with the right people to give u connect whereby at d end u will give God praises with less effort.

In conclusion life is not just BALANCE ☹️
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by naturefellow(m): 11:06pm On Mar 27
amnesty7:
Ok
Perhaps the OP got oppressed by some foolish old bully
Agbado economics don show am other side of life.
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by MisterKings(m): 11:08pm On Mar 27
Truth be told, the fact that some look down on others and others feel inferior is not their fault. In school, we have all been wired to compete with each other. You carry 1st they clap for you, you carry 13th they sing olodo rapata. Because of the myopic mindset that it has to be educational success, sidelining every child's God-given talent and gift.

You grow up with knowledge that does not fit into reality 90% of the time and then those who were fortunate to have parents who saw the B.S, quickly swerved their kids in the right direction.

In the end, most of our parents did not know better. Some parents made the right decisions, and some were just plain naive but of course, they are parents, they were always right and it is what they PUSH us to do we will do. If we fail we are compared to others with the question....does he have 2 heads?

We are out now...away from home, trying to build our nests. We can make our own decisions now. But what decisions really? The foundation is flawed already. As it stands, It's already 3-0 and it's looking like injury time already.

Bad foundation 1 - 0
Poor education 2-0
Bad economy 3-0

Funny enough some of us are gifted with the instincts to know that something is wrong with the system. But we don't dare bring it up or we will be stigmatized.

I was 15, when I carried my 2 legs to IT fairs and seminars back in the day when my mates were chasing girls and looking for JAMB score. I was not even sure what I was listening to at these seminars I just knew, I liked the idea of having a laptop and doing something cool with it.

I felt IT was the future. I came and told my Dad I wanted to learn this computer thing, I wasn't entirely sure what it was then, but I just knew this was a good skill. My Dad told me to get inside and read my books and I should never talk to him about that nonsense ever again.

I usually loved to follow my instincts. I still wanted to go for the IT course, but it was expensive then, so I dropped the idea. But I did not give up. One term, I took my school fees and went to pay someone to teach me web design. The guy teach me small, and I no see am again.

So what I started doing was buy cafe time and browse the whole internet without any goal, just browsing here and there, downloading music. But that helped me learn to type and use the computer. That was how I achieved that without attending computer school.

But in the end, despite being one of the brightest students in the school, I ended up not attending the University because my Dad did not eventually take it serious.

I went on work as a factory worker, waiter, security, wasting my years as things turned even worse after my Father passed on.

But then one of those days, in my security job, a friend of mine just asked me to leave and come squat with him and from there I started grabbing skills related to the same IT.

I am a web designer now, but I am also a videographer, video editor, graphic designer, and photographer. But imagine if I had gone through with the skill I initially told my dad about, which I later learned was front-end development, where I for be now.

Some of my classmates who used to look up to me to copy at exam that year are doing way better than me. The girl I had a crush on, went on to marry a better man. Everyone moved on and it felt I was the only one behind.

Now, I am not really begging for food, but I have and still go through rough times and I know some of my mates that are way ahead of me financially, which face I won take say bro how far na, e don tey o.

So I just dey my lane, dey hustle wetin I fit. We all have different times and are on different lanes. That's what I have come to understand, man plans God laughs.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by naturefellow(m): 11:08pm On Mar 27
YoungLionken:
@OP, you acted like it's your write up, meanwhile you only copy and pasted it here for all to see..

Always give credit or acknowledgement to original owners...
what do you expect from fan of a certificate forger?

2 Likes

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by VinnyBaba: 11:08pm On Mar 27
YoungLionken:
@OP, you acted like it's your write up, meanwhile you only copy and pasted it here for all to see..

Immediately, I saw his name, I knew it was a copied write up. undecided

He is one of our APC Agbad0rians.

Agbad0rian no go fit get Intelligence reach so. embarassed cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Taiwo20(m): 11:11pm On Mar 27
Secondary schools reunion= show off/ oppression

2 Likes

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Ifyzidane: 11:30pm On Mar 27
Bukola94:
Irony of life's, things can be tough for some people, and some will be spending lavishly. two meals per day is hard for some people
very true bro things are really hard like stone this days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by tnerro1(m): 11:34pm On Mar 27
Teach ur children other skills apart from class work, coding and robotics is a nice thing for the kids to learn
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by funkemary(f): 11:39pm On Mar 27
This is deep. Las las it is only God that can crown our efforts with success
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Ifyok50(m): 11:45pm On Mar 27
MisterKings:
Truth be told, the fact that some look down on others and others feel inferior is not their fault. In school, we have all been wired to compete with each other. You carry 1st they clap for you, you carry 13th they sing olodo rapata. Because of the myopic mindset that it has to be educational success, sidelining every child's God-given talent and gift.

You grow up with knowledge that does not fit into reality 90% of the time and then those who were fortunate to have parents who saw the B.S, quickly swerved their kids in the right direction.

In the end, most of our parents did not know better. Some parents made the right decisions, and some were just plain naive but of course, they are parents, they were always right and it is what they PUSH us to do we will do. If we fail we are compared to others with the question....does he have 2 heads?

We are out now...away from home, trying to build our nests. We can make our own decisions now. But what decisions really? The foundation is flawed already. As it stands, It's already 3-0 and it's looking like injury time already.

Bad foundation 1 - 0
Poor education 2-0
Bad economy 3-0

Funny enough some of us are gifted with the instincts to know that something is wrong with the system. But we don't dare bring it up or we will be stigmatized.

I was 15, when I carried my 2 legs to IT fairs and seminars back in the day when my mates were chasing girls and looking for JAMB score. I was not even sure what I was listening to at these seminars I just knew, I liked the idea of having a laptop and doing something cool with it.

I felt IT was the future. I came and told my Dad I wanted to learn this computer thing, I wasn't entirely sure what it was then, but I just knew this was a good skill. My Dad told me to get inside and read my books and I should never talk to him about that nonsense ever again.

I usually loved to follow my instincts. I still wanted to go for the IT course, but it was expensive then, so I dropped the idea. But I did not give up. One term, I took my school fees and went to pay someone to teach me web design. The guy teach me small, and I no see am again.

So what I started doing was buy cafe time and browse the whole internet without any goal, just browsing here and there, downloading music. But that helped me learn to type and use the computer. That was how I achieved that without attending computer school.

But in the end, despite being one of the brightest students in the school, I ended up not attending the University because my Dad did not eventually take it serious.

I went on work as a factory worker, waiter, security, wasting my years as things turned even worse after my Father passed on.

But then one of those days, in my security job, a friend of mine just asked me to leave and come squat with him and from there I started grabbing skills related to the same IT.

I am a web designer now, but I am also a videographer, video editor, graphic designer, and photographer. But imagine if I had gone through with the skill I initially told my dad about, which I later learned was front-end development, where I for be now.

Some of my classmates who used to look up to me to copy at exam that year are doing way better than me. The girl I had a crush on, went on to marry a better man. Everyone moved on and it felt I was the only one behind.

Now, I am not really begging for food, but I have and still go through rough times and I know some of my mates that are way ahead of me financially, which face I won take say bro how far na, e don tey o.

So I just dey my lane, dey hustle wetin I fit. We all have different times and are on different lanes. That's what I have come to understand, man plans God laughs.

Hope you're also a writer? Coz you do write SO WELL. It is well, sir. The blessing go reach everybody.

1 Like

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by ImoleNaija: 11:45pm On Mar 27
dododawa1:
INSIDE LIFE

Orishirishi Iko lo shele

Iko boooo? grin

1 Like

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by izahbnu(m): 12:05am On Mar 28
Yes some are so dumd they forget that the money they have in the bank that is making them arrogant someone spent it in a hospital and still didn't survive.
It happened to me I only wished a classmate belated birthday in a group platform and only for him to embarrass me by stating my life challenges with mockery. Now thats not cool at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by PropertyBuying(f): 12:23am On Mar 28
This Life!!! The Adage Says "Twenty Children Can Not Knit Together Over Twenty Years!"

2 Likes

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Lexusgs430: 1:45am On Mar 28
The money cubana pledged, would still cause big wàhálà, amongst themselves.........
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Shikena(m): 1:54am On Mar 28
Good write-up but what changed?

While you were classmates in those days:

- Some had parents who provided everything they needed in school and even with loads of extra to spare.
- Some had nothing and relied on charity.
- Some were quite brilliant and always top of the class.
- Some were always struggling academically.
- Some were average academically
- Some were street-smart
- Some had money to buy whatever they want at the school kiosks and eateries
- Some had to do with groundnuts, popcorn and water

The condition/circumstances were never equal at any time!

Nothing changed in terms of different situation for different people. That is life! What changed is the personal circumstances of many of the individuals. Some children of the then rich in those schooldays are now struggling. Some poverty-stricken ones are now rich. Some maintained their status quo. Life goes on.

While it's true that some people mock others which is quite unfortunate and strange in most African cultures but knowing our people, a honest advice could be colored as mockery just to paint the other party bad. Sometimes the more comfortable ones simply can't win with our people. Whatever they do, some of our people already have preconceived interpretation to make them look bad even when they are just trying to help. Not everyone has N40m to share like Obi Cubana or Davido, some have just N400k to spare and they are willing to split this among 20 of their old classmates. Yet, some would still call them stingy or just showing off. Just do what you can.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by armyofone(m): 3:33am On Mar 28
Klington:

Maybe resources aren't enough to go round.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by essentialone(m): 3:58am On Mar 28
YoungLionken:

You are part of those wey go school but no too get sense. Focus on the message, not on the source.

Where it is necessary and even compulsory to acknowledge the original source, is when you stand to gain some form of financial inducement from the message, to avoid it being Copyright. So I-too-Sabi, tell us what OP stands to gain from the post? Abi Nairaland don dey pay for comments per post?

1 Like

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Trueprophet91: 4:07am On Mar 28
Hezzyluv:

Too true...

I have a very brilliant friend with masters degree and was about doing his PhD before he advised himself to slow down. Till to day, life no still balance for the guy. In other to survive with his family, he's doing POS business.

He should finish his PhD
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Trueprophet91: 4:14am On Mar 28
armyofone:

Maybe resources aren't enough to go round.

Exactly.
A friend was preparing for his wedding, I could tell he needed assistance by the way he kept throwing subtle comments at me.
At a point he said something like I didn't want to help him and cut me off totally!
I was really pained because I expected him to understand. We had sweet memories in our school days,he was a dear friend!
But at that moment I couldn't help him,he wouldn't understand!

Truth is, it's not always as good as it looks, especially on social media!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by 123yes(m): 4:27am On Mar 28
Pickieox:
Behind every man's forymtune is a crime.

Mario Puzo

In as much I know Obi Cubana wealth is not pure as it is, but I love one thing about him. His compassionate heart, willing to extend his philantropic gestures to people around him. He is really a leader who have people at heart, the modern-day Robin Hood. Only if our polithiefcians and elites can take after him.

Don't be surprise if he is warming up for politics in future...
How do you know that his wealth is not pure. You stayed in one corner of your room and be judging other people you don't know nothing about them.
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Pickieox(m): 4:33am On Mar 28
123yes:
How do you know that his wealth is not pure. You stayed in one corner of your room and be judging other people you don't know nothing about them.

You know nothing boy🥳

1 Like

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by enemyofprogress: 4:37am On Mar 28
vastolord4:
True talk shaa.. but OP you sound kinda personal with this, hope no one bullied you
I was the one that bullied him
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by enemyofprogress: 4:39am On Mar 28
YoungLionken:

may God not let bad belle kill you. Go report am to the original owner. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner / OAU Students Jump On Trailers (Photos) / Ayo Bamidele Graduates In Style, As Microsoft Gives Him Full Time Offer. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.