Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Dear Ex-classmates - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dear Ex-classmates (28410 Views)

UK-Based Nigerian Took Aboniki To School, Classmates Use It On Their Eye (Video) / Classmates Console SS1 Student As She Breaks Down In Tears After Being Dumped / Secondary School Classmates Get Married 17 Years Later (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by chaddy16: 5:14am On Mar 28
Na me know wetin my eye Don see. I think I'm the most mocked person on earth. I hope things get better for me soonest. I really need a spark

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Seagodess(f): 5:16am On Mar 28
tnerro1:
Teach ur children other skills apart from class work, coding and robotics is a nice thing for the kids to learn
una go dey shout coding coding.. no b who get laptop dey learn coding? How much is the cheapest laptop now? Mtcewww.. just grace abeg

6 Likes

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Chummynoni(m): 5:39am On Mar 28
Kudos to you man!! It is really crazy that an average Nigerian wants to make money so as to oppress people, and not to help.

6 Likes

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by T0BY(m): 6:05am On Mar 28
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Omalicious1: 6:15am On Mar 28
duro4chang:
Dear Ex Classmates!

Some of us didn't further education after secondary school.
Some of us furthered to University.
Some of us got married, yes, some of us are not married.
Some of us are still strüggling with life.
Some of us are settled.
Some of us are still finding it dïfficult to eat two meals in a day.
Some of us have traveled abroad.
Some of us went back to the village.
Some of us have seen hëll and still facing hëll.
Some are also deàd. Don't forget, and some of us, the last time we sat in a class room was the last day we wrote or secondary school last exam paper.

In short, life is not good to everyone.
Whenever you call or run into your old classmate, please, let them or the conversation be simple.
That we are still alive, it's the thing to celebrate.
Stop making others feel lèss of a value because you're married, engaged or have multiple degrees.
Life is full of ups and downs. Life can turn around.
You can stretch your hand and be a blessing to your fellow classmates, instead of möcking them simply because you're in a better position.
Life is not prèdictable, be humble.❤️🍷

ℕ𝕠𝕥𝕖: ℝ𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕤

Unfortunately, an average Nigerian would always want to "pepper dem"

5 Likes

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Emmanuel30a2: 7:04am On Mar 28
Useless!
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by freedomchild: 7:06am On Mar 28
MisterKings:
Truth be told, the fact that some look down on others and others feel inferior is not their fault. In school, we have all been wired to compete with each other. You carry 1st they clap for you, you carry 13th they sing olodo rapata. Because of the myopic mindset that it has to be educational success, sidelining every child's God-given talent and gift.

You grow up with knowledge that does not fit into reality 90% of the time and then those who were fortunate to have parents who saw the B.S, quickly swerved their kids in the right direction.

In the end, most of our parents did not know better. Some parents made the right decisions, and some were just plain naive but of course, they are parents, they were always right and it is what they PUSH us to do we will do. If we fail we are compared to others with the question....does he have 2 heads?

We are out now...away from home, trying to build our nests. We can make our own decisions now. But what decisions really? The foundation is flawed already. As it stands, It's already 3-0 and it's looking like injury time already.

Bad foundation 1 - 0
Poor education 2-0
Bad economy 3-0

Funny enough some of us are gifted with the instincts to know that something is wrong with the system. But we don't dare bring it up or we will be stigmatized.

I was 15, when I carried my 2 legs to IT fairs and seminars back in the day when my mates were chasing girls and looking for JAMB score. I was not even sure what I was listening to at these seminars I just knew, I liked the idea of having a laptop and doing something cool with it.

I felt IT was the future. I came and told my Dad I wanted to learn this computer thing, I wasn't entirely sure what it was then, but I just knew this was a good skill. My Dad told me to get inside and read my books and I should never talk to him about that nonsense ever again.

I usually loved to follow my instincts. I still wanted to go for the IT course, but it was expensive then, so I dropped the idea. But I did not give up. One term, I took my school fees and went to pay someone to teach me web design. The guy teach me small, and I no see am again.

So what I started doing was buy cafe time and browse the whole internet without any goal, just browsing here and there, downloading music. But that helped me learn to type and use the computer. That was how I achieved that without attending computer school.

But in the end, despite being one of the brightest students in the school, I ended up not attending the University because my Dad did not eventually take it serious.

I went on work as a factory worker, waiter, security, wasting my years as things turned even worse after my Father passed on.

But then one of those days, in my security job, a friend of mine just asked me to leave and come squat with him and from there I started grabbing skills related to the same IT.

I am a web designer now, but I am also a videographer, video editor, graphic designer, and photographer. But imagine if I had gone through with the skill I initially told my dad about, which I later learned was front-end development, where I for be now.

Some of my classmates who used to look up to me to copy at exam that year are doing way better than me. The girl I had a crush on, went on to marry a better man. Everyone moved on and it felt I was the only one behind.

Now, I am not really begging for food, but I have and still go through rough times and I know some of my mates that are way ahead of me financially, which face I won take say bro how far na, e don tey o.

So I just dey my lane, dey hustle wetin I fit. We all have different times and are on different lanes. That's what I have come to understand, man plans God laughs.
My brother I'm really touched and captivated by your analysis.
Honestly that's even the major foundational problems we had and still having in our society today.
Many of our parents did not even know better but will always have their way. Nevertheless we'll not give up because one day, the universe will tilt to our favour.

God bless

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by freedomchild: 7:07am On Mar 28
MisterKings:
Truth be told, the fact that some look down on others and others feel inferior is not their fault. In school, we have all been wired to compete with each other. You carry 1st they clap for you, you carry 13th they sing olodo rapata. Because of the myopic mindset that it has to be educational success, sidelining every child's God-given talent and gift.

You grow up with knowledge that does not fit into reality 90% of the time and then those who were fortunate to have parents who saw the B.S, quickly swerved their kids in the right direction.

In the end, most of our parents did not know better. Some parents made the right decisions, and some were just plain naive but of course, they are parents, they were always right and it is what they PUSH us to do we will do. If we fail we are compared to others with the question....does he have 2 heads?

We are out now...away from home, trying to build our nests. We can make our own decisions now. But what decisions really? The foundation is flawed already. As it stands, It's already 3-0 and it's looking like injury time already.

Bad foundation 1 - 0
Poor education 2-0
Bad economy 3-0

Funny enough some of us are gifted with the instincts to know that something is wrong with the system. But we don't dare bring it up or we will be stigmatized.

I was 15, when I carried my 2 legs to IT fairs and seminars back in the day when my mates were chasing girls and looking for JAMB score. I was not even sure what I was listening to at these seminars I just knew, I liked the idea of having a laptop and doing something cool with it.

I felt IT was the future. I came and told my Dad I wanted to learn this computer thing, I wasn't entirely sure what it was then, but I just knew this was a good skill. My Dad told me to get inside and read my books and I should never talk to him about that nonsense ever again.

I usually loved to follow my instincts. I still wanted to go for the IT course, but it was expensive then, so I dropped the idea. But I did not give up. One term, I took my school fees and went to pay someone to teach me web design. The guy teach me small, and I no see am again.

So what I started doing was buy cafe time and browse the whole internet without any goal, just browsing here and there, downloading music. But that helped me learn to type and use the computer. That was how I achieved that without attending computer school.

But in the end, despite being one of the brightest students in the school, I ended up not attending the University because my Dad did not eventually take it serious.

I went on work as a factory worker, waiter, security, wasting my years as things turned even worse after my Father passed on.

But then one of those days, in my security job, a friend of mine just asked me to leave and come squat with him and from there I started grabbing skills related to the same IT.

I am a web designer now, but I am also a videographer, video editor, graphic designer, and photographer. But imagine if I had gone through with the skill I initially told my dad about, which I later learned was front-end development, where I for be now.

Some of my classmates who used to look up to me to copy at exam that year are doing way better than me. The girl I had a crush on, went on to marry a better man. Everyone moved on and it felt I was the only one behind.

Now, I am not really begging for food, but I have and still go through rough times and I know some of my mates that are way ahead of me financially, which face I won take say bro how far na, e don tey o.

So I just dey my lane, dey hustle wetin I fit. We all have different times and are on different lanes. That's what I have come to understand, man plans God laughs.

Honestly that's even the major foundational problems we had and still having in our society today.
Many of our parents did not even know better but will always have their way. Nevertheless we'll not give up because one day, the universe will tilt to our favour.

God bless

1 Like

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by ObalendeCMS: 7:13am On Mar 28
Rant of a failure!
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by MartinsD12(m): 7:59am On Mar 28
duro4chang:
Dear Ex Classmates!

Some of us are settled.
Some are also deàd. Don't forget, and some of us, the last time we sat in a class room was the last day we wrote or secondary school last exam paper.

Whenever you call or run into your old classmate, please, let them or the conversation be simple.
Stop making others feel lèss of a value because you're married, engaged or have multiple degrees.
You can stretch your hand and be a blessing to your fellow classmates, instead of möcking them simply because you're in a better position.

If you are in a better position to help your class mate please do , all fingers are not equal, in all being alive is the greatest, don't brag about your position try and help your classmates if you are better than them

1 Like

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by spiceadole: 8:03am On Mar 28
duro4chang:
Dear Ex Classmates!

Some of us are settled.

This disturbs those who pay attention to their classmates.
As for me,the moment secondary school ended,classmates ended.
After university,I towed same path.

I don't belong to any social media group comprising of my classmates at any level neither do I attend any of their events/functions.

I dey my dey..
Doing my things at my own pace and the pace my destiny allows me.

9 Likes

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Rejoice28(f): 8:28am On Mar 28
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

4 Likes

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Elzazzi: 8:33am On Mar 28
Timoleon:
Na life be that. Try hustle make you be d one to stretch helping hand give others.

Hustle diligently, payday go come.

You see this life get as e be. Person go hustle all the hustling and life go still get as e be
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by davien(m): 8:54am On Mar 28
spiceadole:

This disturbs those who pay attention to their classmates.
As for me,the moment secondary school ended,classmates ended.
After university,I towed same path.

I don't belong to any social media group comprising of my classmates at any level neither do I attend any of their events/functions.

I dey my dey..
Doing my things at my own pace and the pace my destiny allows me.
This, its not bad to stay in touch but different calibre of people exists, my classmates in uni were not my friends and that's 100% of them, if i could list the amount of competition that went on you'd think it was a war, they'd even conspire with a lecturer to expel me but I escaped their trap. Last year i made the mistake of connecting with one only to be reminded of why I don't relate with them as this guy wanted to chance me on top skill i was teaching him, I was skilled but wanted to be more competitive by gaining more skills while bro was secretly applying for jobs and didn't tell me so i wouldnt start the same, had to cut him off. Some people want to turn everything into a competition.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by writeprof(m): 9:00am On Mar 28
Klington:

Nobody is interested in lifting anyone these days.

A lot of people are interested and are helping others sir. I pray it gets to you if you desire it.
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by purples25(f): 9:05am On Mar 28
Will they hear.

I'm even an introvert sef, I can't handle much attention, so let everyone be doing their big man attitude up and down.

One came down from her big car to greet me, exchange contacts. For her to reply my messages na problem. Only videos of her rich life, her firm, spraying money and living the life.

Some of them won't relate with you if you are not as rich as them. What am I saying, most. Most of them came from wealthy families anyway. My closest friend then has her own friend from a similarly wealthy family now. When I say people pick you, you can't just pick them. She be jetting off to Korea and such. Five phrase replies to me.

Nobody knows you unless you are a success of some sort. I know if I am extremely
prosperous I will suddenly be remembered and aligned with again. So, knowing the condition for friendship, to me it's so basic and cheap, so I don't mind.

If all I have to do is to have mad money, have a big house and mad fame and success to draw them in, then I don't mind. I know the key, I have the key, the trick is as simple as turning a light switch on and off. If people are so cheap, why bother?

5 Likes

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by colp2015: 9:07am On Mar 28
MisterKings:

Bad foundation 1 - 0
Poor education 2-0
Bad economy 3-0

Bless your heart.

Will contact you soonest on a project.
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:11am On Mar 28
Life is a bìtch
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by NairalandGOAT1: 9:13am On Mar 28
YoungLionken:
@OP, you acted like it's your write up, meanwhile you only copy and pasted it here for all to see..

Always give credit or acknowledgement to original owners...

Please tell me the original owner(s) so I can acknowledge them in the copy and paste I just did with the post.

Although I added "-copied" but I am sure it's not enough before my classmates begin to take it personal I need to let them know it was "forwarded as received" from the author grin
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Blackman101: 9:19am On Mar 28
ex- classmate don't own you anything. if he/she go out of his way to help THANK God.
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Timoleon(m): 9:31am On Mar 28
Elzazzi:

You see this life get as e be. Person go hustle all the hustling and life go still get as e be

I understand bro...I no downplay that fact. Grace and chance follow involve. But until grace 'touchlight' person, na only hustle sure to dey drag you through the hard times.
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by MisterKings(m): 9:32am On Mar 28
colp2015:
Bless your heart.

Will contact you soonest on a project.

Thank you brother. But I really don't know how to check mail from Nairaland, the connection doesn't work for some reason

I see you sent me a message but I can't find it, I only got a notification from Nairaland in my email.

1 Like

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Stayingalive: 9:35am On Mar 28
Omalicious1:

Unfortunately, an average Nigerian would always want to "pepper dem"

It’s complicated, some that are humble now when the hammer they would be the monster they complained about. It’s a two way street

1 Like

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by sageb: 9:35am On Mar 28
blowjohn:
I dedicate 'suburban war' by Arcade fire to this thread. It fits the thread in an analogical way.

NB: this album from whence this song is pulled from won album of the year many years ago, beating the likes of Eminem and Lady Gaga I think. Fantastic indie rock album.

Let's go for a drive
And see the town tonight
There's nothing to do
But I don't mind when I'm with you
This town's so strange
They built it to change
And while we sleep
We know the streets get rearranged
With my old friends
It was so different then
Before your war
Against the suburbs began
Before it began
Now the music divides us into tribes
You grew your hair
So I grew mine
You said the past won't rest
Until we jump the fence and leave it behind
With my old friends
I can remember when
You cut your hair
I never saw you again
Now the cities we live in
Could be distant stars
And I search for you
In every passing car
The night's so long...
Yeah, the night's so long
I've been living in the shadows of your song
Been living in the shadows of your song
In the suburbs I
I learned to drive
And you told me we'd would never survive
So grab your mother's keys we leave tonight
But you started a war
That we can't win
They keep erasing all the streets we grew up in
Now the music divides us into tribes
You choose your side
I'll choose my side
All my old friends
They don't know me now
All my old friends
Are staring through me now
All my old friends
They don't know me now
All my old friends
They don't know me now
All my old friends wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpWqfrX9908&pp=ygUYc3VidXJiYW4gd2FyIGFyY2FkZSBmaXJl

Deep lyrics

1 Like

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Stayingalive: 9:35am On Mar 28
Blackman101:
ex- classmate don't own you anything. if he/she go out of his way to help THANK God.

exactly
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by MisterKings(m): 9:36am On Mar 28
freedomchild:

God bless

Yes brother it will, thank you.
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by placeofallure(f): 9:45am On Mar 28
wunmi590:

Wonderful write up and I wish majority of the people who used yo feel too big in school then can now humble themselves when they see that guy who they think is not serious doing better than them in reality...

I've always have the mindset of humbling myself and making sure that any of my old school mate, even if they didn't see me, once I spot them, I call and say hello to them...

I've one of my old primary/secondary school mate who is not a graduate that is doing way better than me, simply because he learned solar and used it to make millions when solar was introduced newly to Nigeria then...

I'm not doing bad also, but I always cherish my old friends

Nice write up. Lots of facts in there.

I don't talk much. I write better than I talk. I have been taught humility by life when we were small, I'm from a very humble background. I'm ok now but I know some of my mates are more ok. I also know some of my mates are not ok. I don't mix with anyone, especially because of the struggling ones who may feel worthless at a mere sight of you. I don't like to make them feel uncomfortable too so I don't attend our reunion parties. In the Whatsapp group, I don't comment on anything either.

I don't like people to size me up too so I'm good hiding away from everybody's prying eyes. Some of my mates are lousy and insensitive and throw themselves at people's faces, I try really hard to avoid those. My philosophy is: Don't let them see you coming.

I pray every struggling hands will get closure one day and excel in whatever they put out their hands to do.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by blowjohn(m): 9:48am On Mar 28
sageb:

Deep lyrics

Thank you sir!

1 Like

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by tnerro1(m): 9:57am On Mar 28
Seagodess:
una go dey shout coding coding.. no b who get laptop dey learn coding? How much is the cheapest laptop now? Mtcewww.. just grace abeg

If you calculate all the money u take dey buy beer, carry women buy cigar, e go reach u buy London used laptop. Better plan today for a better tomorrow.
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by sageb: 10:06am On Mar 28
purples25:
Will they hear.

I'm even an introvert sef, I can't handle much attention, so let everyone be doing their big man attitude up and down.

One came down from her big car to greet me, exchange contacts. For her to reply my messages na problem. Only videos of her rich life, her firm, spraying money and living the life.

Some of them won't relate with you if you are not as rich as them. What am I saying, most. Most of them came from wealthy families anyway. My closest friend then has her own friend from a similarly wealthy family now. When I say people pick you, you can't just pick them. She be jetting off to Korea and such. Five phrase replies to me.

Nobody knows you unless you are a success of some sort. I know if I am extremely
prosperous I will suddenly be remembered and aligned with again. So, knowing the condition for friendship, to me it's so basic and cheap, so I don't mind.

If all I have to do is to have mad money, have a big house and mad fame and success to draw them in, then I don't mind. I know the key, I have the key, the trick is as simple as turning a light switch on and off. If people are so cheap, why bother?

The sad reality

1 Like

Re: Dear Ex-classmates by Ashawoman82: 10:08am On Mar 28
chaddy16:
Na me know wetin my eye Don see. I think I'm the most mocked person on earth. I hope things get better for me soonest. I really need a spark
family sef go use style mock u, especially if u are a man.
Re: Dear Ex-classmates by PETUK(m): 10:19am On Mar 28
Bukola94:
sorry, been managing as well, na Kwik loan and shark loan I dey use to run and rough am, is going to be alright.

I tried that stuff I couldn’t get any loan and I’ve never loan money from any app before, now that I needed it I couldn’t get it, so please can you suggest some loan app that I could get a loan… Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story / JAMB Announces Date For Release Of 2024 Mock-utme Results / 2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.