Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,600 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Will I Regret Not Having Children - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will I Regret Not Having Children (23311 Views)

'I Regret Pushing My Husband To Move Us From Okota To Lekki Phase 1' - Woman / Single And Be Having Children Outside Wedlock / I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:19am On Mar 28
Well, that's an answer no one can really answer.

Because regret in this case is pretty wide.

Anyways, I'm happy to see people going against some societal norms. This will help reduce societal pressure.

4 Likes

Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by Rollingdollar: 9:27am On Mar 28
You may regret it. Let me tell you someone's experience. When i was undergraduate i had one professor as friend, his wife died some yrs back without a child before her demise and after her dealth the prof refuses to remarry and have children. He said to me their no need for him to remarry since he doesn't want children. This man loves his job so much and the money keep rolling in. He built a very big duplex, has a very nice car and he is healthy. Few yrs later after i graduated and started working. I got posted to delta state , so i don't use to see him often again. This yrs i got my posting back to the state he reside and that gives me ample time to check on him. When i got their he looks old and depress. Geting closer i obverse he suffered stroke and it seem even the university forced him to retire due to his health. The first thing he manage to asked me was. Hope you are married ? I responded, yes and he added make sure you have kids now that you are young don't end up like me. I went round his house , more than six rooms they all look dirty, the whole compound look empty, the cars all parked some sold off . He said he had to deactivate most of his bank apps and ussd because most family and domestic workers he employed now steal from him because they knew he didnt have the strength to monitors most thing again. He said had it been he had a child of his own. That child might probably be the one to be in charge of most crucial things in his life now that he is old

19 Likes

Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by Emmanuel30a2: 9:55am On Mar 28
Bullfallo:
Not wanting to have a child isn’t a choice per say. I hate to put myself into pressure or do things just because others are doing it, my lifestyle has always be different from public opinion. In fact opposite of the popular views or majority behavior. I don’t send or give a Bleep what anyone think about me.

Example is that people live there live on public opinion. They create a life of public presentations just to please public and get validated but i am not of public views. I do my things the way it pleases before considering public.

If I have billions of dollars like dangote the choice might have been different. I don’t live a life of faith. I must have concrate evidence of things or resources before i made any vita decisions. I hate to borrow or beg. I live a life of comfort. I am rich and comfortable but not for many mouths. Because I don’t want to adjust resources from my lifestyle
U wud regret being who u are... MI, u would regret getting married
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by pansophist(m): 10:18am On Mar 28
Some have kids but end up disowning two, why the rest are just zero people.

Some have kids, and died before their kids grew. Some have kids, but the kids don't care about their parents.

Some people adopted kids, and the kids turned out to be better then their biological ones.

Just know that the future is not certain. And in any decision you make, be sure that you understand the potential challenges that will arise from there.

As a guiding principle, make sure you're not having kids as a backup for old age pension, loneliness and to make them a photocopy of the dreams you couldn't accomplish. You'll he so disappointed.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by mariahAngel(f): 10:49am On Mar 28
Bullfallo:
Not wanting to have a child isn’t a choice per say. I hate to put myself into pressure or do things just because others are doing it, my lifestyle has always be different from public opinion. In fact opposite of the popular views or majority behavior. I don’t send or give a Bleep what anyone think about me.

Example is that people live there live on public opinion. They create a life of public presentations just to please public and get validated but i am not of public views. I do my things the way it pleases before considering public.

If I have billions of dollars like dangote the choice might have been different. I don’t live a life of faith. I must have concrate evidence of things or resources before i made any vita decisions. I hate to borrow or beg. I live a life of comfort. I am rich and comfortable but not for many mouths. Because I don’t want to adjust resources from my lifestyle

Here's what the bible says in the book of Psalms 127:3-5 3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is His reward.

4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Also, the book of Psalms 128 says 1 Blessed is everyone that feareth the LORD; that walketh in His ways.

2 For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.

3 Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table.

4 Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD.

So, you decide.
May God grant you wisdom to make the right decision.

1 Like

Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by CORPSEFUCKER: 11:27am On Mar 28
Good , don't reproduce, we don't need people like you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by Evolutionism: 11:41am On Mar 28
Rollingdollar:
You may regret it. Let me tell you someone's experience. When i was undergraduate i had one professor as friend, his wife died some yrs back without a child before her demise and after her dealth the prof refuses to remarry and have children. He said to me their no need for him to remarry since he doesn't want children. This man loves his job so much and the money keep rolling in. He built a very big duplex, has a very nice car and he is healthy. Few yrs later after i graduated and started working. I got posted to delta state , so i don't use to see him often again. This yrs i got my posting back to the state he reside and that gives me ample time to check on him. When i got their he looks old and depress. Geting closer i obverse he suffered stroke and it seem even the university forced him to retire due to his health. The first thing he manage to asked me was. Hope you are married ? I responded, yes and he added make sure you have kids now that you are young don't end up like me. I went round his house , more than six rooms they all look dirty, the whole compound look empty, the cars all parked some sold off . He said he had to deactivate most of his bank apps and ussd because most family and domestic workers he employed now steal from him because they knew he didnt have the strength to monitors most thing again. He said had it been he had a child of his own. That child might probably be the one to be in charge of most crucial things in his life now that he is old

Your certificate need be revokedgrin

This your english na die!

Write in your native language. English language no be by force.

Mediocre and Half Baked graduace everywheregrin

1 Like

Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by Evolutionism: 11:44am On Mar 28
Bullfallo:

Welcome to the Club comrade.

1 Like

Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by Evolutionism: 11:45am On Mar 28
CoronaVirusPro:
The future will educate you better. I don’t think anyone can educate you about that.

If you really want to have a glimpse of what it looks like, check all those class of people that said same in their youthful ages, reality humbled them in their old age and started having kids at the dying hour.

Reality will “Personally” dawn on you. How you accept it, will determine your mental state and response.

Just be patient. 20 years from now will tell a lot.

Poverty Manufacturers have spoken!!!grin

1 Like

Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by GodHimself: 11:56am On Mar 28
How old are you now?

Klass99:
When I first felt the desire to be child free and not have children I was in my 20s. Several people told me the feeling would change or I would change my mind as time goes by.

As the years went by my desire didn't wane neither did my mind change. The desire only grew stronger and my mind more convinced that motherhood is not for me.

I have no regrets so far and I don't see myself regretting the choice. Home ownership and companionship with a good man, matter to me more than biological children do.
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by GodHimself: 12:02pm On Mar 28
Look, just make a plan for old age. A child is no guarantee that you would be cared for.

A good insurance health plan would negate the need for "someone to take care of you".

Focus on the things you have control over: like living a healthy-life with a view in mind of staying active into old-age, continuously making new friends from all ages so that you fulfil the need to companionship (or join a club, church or charity)

Make plans for your own burial expenses ahead of time.

Worst case, you can travel to countries that allow euthanasia if you ever tired.

Your life, your choice.

Bullfallo:

2 Likes

Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by CoronaVirusPro: 12:38pm On Mar 28
Evolutionism:

Poverty Manufacturers have spoken!!!grin

If everybody was manufacturing poverty, who are the benefactors of wealth, economy’s and jobs. Oh! So you don’t know the people who lead the world 30-40 years from now are just being birthed today?

And why do you lots always compare every scenario with the worst. You never compare instances with the positives. You talk about how poor Mr. X is, but will never talk about how successful Mr. Y. Why are you always compelled to always align with the worst?

2 Likes

Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by LordIsaac(m): 12:57pm On Mar 28
Bullfallo:

Therein lies the problem. You think it’s by power or might. Allow God to help you. For anything that is not of faith is sin. Accept Jesus today!
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by Bullfallo(m): 12:57pm On Mar 28
CoronaVirusPro:

If everybody was manufacturing poverty, who are the benefactors of wealth, economy’s and jobs. Oh! So you don’t know the people who lead the world 30-40 years from now are just being birthed today?

And why do you lots always compare every scenario with the worst. You never compare instances with the positives. You talk about how poor Mr. X is, but will never talk about how successful Mr. Y. Why are you always compelled to always align with the worst?
more like a worst scenario. You plan things and forecast with the worst scenario to avoid heart attack or dying young
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by LordIsaac(m): 12:59pm On Mar 28
CoronaVirusPro:
The future will educate you better. I don’t think anyone can educate you about that.

If you really want to have a glimpse of what it looks like, check all those class of people that said same in their youthful ages, reality humbled them in their old age and started having kids at the dying hour.

Reality will “Personally” dawn on you. How you accept it, will determine your mental state and response.

When the “I” in him fails…he will recognize the power of having a good family!
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by LordIsaac(m): 1:00pm On Mar 28
Klass99:
When I first felt the desire to be child free and not have children I was in my 20s. Several people told me the feeling would change or I would change my mind as time goes by.

As the years went by my desire didn't wane neither did my mind change. The desire only grew stronger and my mind more convinced that motherhood is not for me.
We will revisit the decision in 30 more years time. May God keep us!

I have no regrets so far and right now I honestly can't see myself regretting the choice. Home ownership and companionship with a good man, matter to me more than biological children do.
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by LordIsaac(m): 1:01pm On Mar 28
Klass99:

I have no regrets so far and right now I honestly can't see myself regretting the choice. Home ownership and companionship with a good man, matter to me more than biological children do.
We will revisit the decision in 30 more years time. May God keep us!
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by CoronaVirusPro: 1:04pm On Mar 28
Bullfallo:
more like a worst scenario. You plan things and forecast with the worst scenario to avoid heart attack or dying young

You forecast with the worst and best scenario, not only the worst.
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by Kobojunkie: 1:05pm On Mar 28
LordIsaac:
∆ Therein lies the problem. You think it’s by power or might. Allow God to help you. For anything that is not of faith is sin. Accept Jesus today!
Accept Jesus Christ so what will happen abeg? undecided

For those who worship at the shrine of marriage and child bearing while operating under some delusion that the God of Israel and His Son, Jesus Christ, equally share in the same, kindly note the following statements made by Jesus Christ of those who will qualify as His followers. lipsrsealed

A. God's special blessing/permission is given only to those who would choose to live as Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of God.
10 The disciples said to him, “If such is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry.”
11 But he said to them, “Not everyone can receive this saying, but only those to whom it is given.
12 For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.” - Matthew 19 vs 10 - 12
B. Women who choose to live as Eunuchs — Childless— for the sake of the Kingdom of God are the ones who have God's blessings; women who have children are told to cry for themselves and their children's sake.
27 A large crowd followed Jesus. Some of the women were sad and crying. They felt sorry for him.
28 But Jesus turned and said to the women, “Women of Jerusalem, don’t cry for me. Cry for yourselves and for your children too.
29 The time is coming when people will say, ‘The women who cannot have babies are the ones God has blessed. It’s really a blessing that they have no children to care for.’ [/size]
30 Then the people will say to the mountains, ‘Fall on us!’ They will say to the hills, ‘Cover us!’
31 If this can happen to someone who is good, what will happen to those who are guilty? ” - Luke 23 vs 27 - 31
C. Your marriages are of this world of men and not of the Kingdom of God
34 [size=12pt]Jesus said to the Sadducees, “On earth, people marry each other.
35 Some people will be worthy to be raised from death and live again after this life. In that life they will not marry.
36 In that life people are like angels and cannot die. They are children of God, because they have been raised from death. - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36
For those completely without eyes, Jesus Christ made it clear that His followers are in this world but are NOT of the world. lipsrsealed

Jesus Christ called for those who are single and even the barren, not for those who wish to have children. So keep God's mention off these things. undecided

1 Like

Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by Lifestone(m): 1:24pm On Mar 28
Oh sure. You will
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by finallybusy: 1:24pm On Mar 28
Check now, this one is likely twenty-one years old and will change his mind by twenty-eight. The internet really is the playground of children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by PeterObi001: 1:25pm On Mar 28
Aaaa
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by AfahaAbia(m): 1:26pm On Mar 28
CoronaVirusPro:

Nigerians and hoping on children. That's why folks like you birth children all over the place... It's people like u that hope on your children at old age instead of planning your life.

3 Likes

Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by Antichristus: 1:27pm On Mar 28
Klass99:

This two statements are contradictory. Marriage and children are life choices, as in things people do as a matter of choice, you always have a choice.

Not a choice could mean there are biological factors at play e.g. infertility, genetic transmission of undesirable traits, etc. Correct me if you think I'm wrong. Thoughtful responses only, please.
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by MT: 1:28pm On Mar 28
The response to the question is not clear cut.

Some who have children regret having them. So having children doesn't mean you can't live a life of regrets.

No one can forsee the future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by rinzaugustine: 1:29pm On Mar 28
You adopt when you get to a certain age and bring the child up as yours but be ready to shell out up to 3m as the adoption process in Nigeria is muddled up making a lot of women looking for child to adopt, go through the rigorous and borderline process of middlemen
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by blaise26abj(m): 1:29pm On Mar 28
Bullfallo:

The natural order of life is to have offsprings and move on . If you choose not to , that is your prerogative and you bear the consequences and advantages alone .

Regrets are part of life . However you are a man . You can have that child at 70 when regret sets in and if you stay healthy . A woman on the other hand has a biological clock for having kids . Decisions like this are irreversible at a point in time for women.
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by zilon12(m): 1:30pm On Mar 28
Who will take care of you when you are old?
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by Sweetvie: 1:30pm On Mar 28
No.
Having children is a choice.
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by Honestey: 1:31pm On Mar 28
A
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by CoronaVirusPro: 1:31pm On Mar 28
AfahaAbia:

Nigerians and hoping on children. That's why folks like you birth children all over the place... It's people like u that hope on your children at old age instead of planning your life.

Hoping on kids 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It’s 2024 hommie! Parents now give to kids. Invest in top holdings and stocks, hold real estate for them, and give them the best education and citizenships.

That’s an archaic way of thinking. Biblical times.

So you feel a man who has the capacity to raise kids to success and still establish them with funds needs anything from those kids?
Re: Will I Regret Not Having Children by OgunkeelAllMod: 1:33pm On Mar 28
You'll probably regret not making money 💰💰 children no be by force

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? / Baby Sleep Myths Every Parent Should Know / Nigerian Couple Welcome 1st Baby After 22yrs Of Marriage(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.