Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema (34433 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by BrighterSyde: 10:02am On Mar 28
helinues:

Is it a must to use all those listed when you can't afford them?

Honestly the way you reason baffles me. But I will answer your question. No it is not compulsory to use all those services when one can’t afford them.

Now answer this. Is it possible to afford all those services on a 200k salary as the man you are defending said?
I mean a man told a blatant lie to buttress his point and an educated man like you is asking if it is compulsory to use these services? How low are we going mentally?

Let me see if you can answer the question.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Coldie(m): 10:03am On Mar 28
Ijaya123:

Do you buy a bag of rice every month? And can you also mention one country that sells fuel at the equivalent of N150 per litre anywhere in the world.
Una go just dae lie to Una selves. The only place 200k can be enough for you in this Nigeria is except u live in a village.

Apart from the inflation there’s so many things that will take that 200k away from you, u would buy fuel, electricity bill right now in Nigeria is high, you would pay for vigilante in ur area, sometimes if ur road is bad you have to contribute money to fix it, you would also pay for transformer if its bad, small police problem you would pay, in Nigerian standards except you live in a village in the north 200k is nothing.

2000 pounds in the uk is a good pay and the average minimum wage. That can do alot for you. It’s only quite little in London cause London is the most expensive city. Living with 2000 in London is far better than living with 200k in somewhere like lekki

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by gaskiyamagana: 10:03am On Mar 28
Globalinfo247:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9-ScOLawvk?si=fIkCO1w7Z05It9Wh

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5CCQLRNk4y/?igsh=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5CCQLRNk4y/?igsh=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
A maid, a driver and other domestic staff, three workers from #200,000 as salary?
This shows that this man is not paying his non skill workers well.
With present economic situation, if he was paying each of them #30k it equals 90k and it remains 110k. So, 110k is enough to take care of car maintenance, family feeding, utility bills and other financial commitments ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by tuzle(m): 10:03am On Mar 28
Donaldoni:
Very true

Our people always console themselves by converting their earnings Naira. Otherwise, it's chicken change.
it isn't true, u guys should stop supporting nonsense. 200k in Nigeria is nothing. U can't raise a family comfortably with that money. U cant even by a car. U can't stay in places like island, ikeja.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Ykc2(m): 10:04am On Mar 28
helinues:

But he his saying the truth now.
saying the truth either 200k you will have even driver?

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Coldie(m): 10:04am On Mar 28
BrighterSyde:

Honestly the way you reason baffles me. But I will answer your question. No it is not compulsory to use all those services when one can’t afford them.

Now answer this. Is it possible to afford all those services on a 200k salary as the man you are defending said?
I mean a man told a blatant lie to buttress his point and an educated man like you is asking if it is compulsory to use these services? How low are we going mentally?

The foolishness is unbelievable. Maybe because he see government workers who earn 200k monthly with driver, maid, gateman and they think it ends with the 200k they earn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:05am On Mar 28
Kloenboi:

Allen can afford to buy a mansion in UK.

Are you aware of that?

Jeez

hows dis related?

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Ezyp(m): 10:05am On Mar 28
helinues:

Yes he's right but earning 2000k pounds in UK is considered an average person but 200k in Nigeria is considered a rich person.

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Timoleon(m): 10:06am On Mar 28
Treadway:
many are mad, few are roaming.

Driver - at least 60k salary
Maid - at least 50k salary
one Other domestic staff - at least 50k
Oga boss balance after above expenses- 40k

So oga boss is left with 40k to feed himself and fuel his car for that month? Allen must have just received a Mouth Gig before going on air. His brain never calibrate.

Stop it. I'm not defending Mr Onyema. I however need to correct this falsehood. If housemaids dey earn as much as 50k, people for dey queue to do am. Most housemaids earn around 10k. That's one of the reasons many of them end up stealing. Majority of their clothes and shoes are hand me downs. They can barely afford anything for themselves. Many drivers earn as little as 20k in this same Nigeria. Abi no be this same Nigeria graduates dey 15k as teacher for private school? So they can earn 50-60k as maids and drivers but will go and do suffer head as teachers? Be real with your analysis abeg.

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by CodeTemplar: 10:06am On Mar 28
helinues:
Kinda true.

Things are really cheap in Nigeria even compared to other African countries but the problem is they are not available
Very wrong. N200k today is different from N200k four years ago. N70k then is N200k now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by osothermal(m): 10:07am On Mar 28
lionshare:
Why do you need to convert? I think this is why most disaporans are happy whenever the naira depreciates but they are only being smart-by-half.
not being half smart bro, in the first place most people wouldn't want to 'japa' if our economy/currency was Great like in the 70s to 90s,secondly for me before I Invest in another country, I'll make a massive investment in my country , so I must convert to naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Angelfrost(m): 10:08am On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

Not everybody lives in Lagos... embarassed
I pay my maid 4k per month with weekly transport fare.

4k per month, and you have the guts to say it?!

Even in a remote village in Ogun state, that is an unacceptable pittance.

You are boasting about taking advantage of a fellow citizen!

Shame on you!!!

2 Likes

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Anunakeeh: 10:08am On Mar 28
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Mumibaby(f): 10:08am On Mar 28
As a student, I earn less than that, and I live in the Northern England, but I still send more than 200k to my parents which I can not afford when I was in Nigeria, living comfortable here.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Och77(m): 10:09am On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

. You pay your maid 4k a month and you are proudly saying that. What can 4k do for a month? You can't afford a maid, do your stuff yourself and stop exploiting somebody's child.

2 Likes

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by gaskiyamagana: 10:09am On Mar 28
MrProlific95:
the man is sleeping, how can he even say that
He was even drugged before sleeping. If the UK money is truly equivalent to Nigeria #2000, can one even pay a month of face to face room rent let alone feeding himself alone before others that he listed?

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:09am On Mar 28
helinues:

Which truth? How can 200k earning employ a maid, driver and domestic staff? How much can you pay them each?

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Anunakeeh: 10:09am On Mar 28
Mumibaby:
As a student, I earn less than that, and I live in the Northern England, but I still send more than 200k to my parents which I can not afford when I was in Nigeria, living comfortable here.

Are you minding the weereeey.

Poor Nigerians don't know their real battle is between them and the rich and wealthy then government.

Once a black man attains the top. His sole aim is to keep those beneath him where they are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Angelfrost(m): 10:10am On Mar 28
helinues:
Kinda true.

Things are really cheap in Nigeria even compared to other African countries but the problem is they are not available

Things are not exactly cheap in Nigeria...!

We simply don't pay the ideal amount of taxes.

Place Nigerians on the same taxation pattern as done in the UK and other developed nations, then compare.

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by tuzle(m): 10:10am On Mar 28
helinues:

Again, can't people cut their clothes according to their size?

Being happy is not about your account balance, if you have settled the most Important things, even if you are left with just N100k balance, you would feel rich and happy like the richest people in the world.

People should stop faking what they can't sustain
guy what are u arguing for? Did u read the post at all? Someone said if u earn 200k in Nigeria, u can employ a driver and maid and u said it is true and some else said it is a lie. Yet u are saying if u cut ur coat bla bla. Was that what did man said ni. That 200k even if u cut ur coat or whatever, when family start entering, u will be broke before mid of the month, saving will be almost impossible. I went to market for my sister yesterday and just the baby stuff we got was more than 25k not to talk of food for the rest in the house.

4 Likes

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:12am On Mar 28
helinues:

But those things are not available, one needs to struggle to get them even when you have the money, e.g electricity, even if you can afford alternative as generator and be able to fuel it, what if the generator refused to work?

Gutter reasoning

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by ppogba: 10:12am On Mar 28
I am.surprised no one on this platform has called Allen names because of his opinion on this thread.

Just imagine the same statement coming from someone else from any other Nigerian tribe.

Perhaps, Nairaland will be a good material for a final year student doing a research work on Hypocrisy or perhaps tribalism.

Shior!

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by dreamworld: 10:12am On Mar 28
Kloenboi:

Are you aware of that?
Nobody said he is poor
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Angelfrost(m): 10:13am On Mar 28
Kloenboi:

Are you aware of that?

Yes, still doesn't make his statement any less insensitive and fallacious.

He is simply trying to be politically correct.

Pseudo-Patriotism is worse than hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by elasticlala: 10:13am On Mar 28
I wonder how these people reason

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by BrighterSyde: 10:13am On Mar 28
Coldie:

The foolishness is unbelievable. Maybe because he see government workers who earn 200k monthly with driver, maid, gateman and they think it ends with the 200k they earn

Helinues says a lot of rubbish just to defend Apc but this one that is not even Apc matter surprised me. If one is earning 200k and affords those services he will try and be as coded as possible or else he will have to explain.

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by DCmonster: 10:15am On Mar 28
Allen is my Uncle but he will never say something like this to me or us.

Just take a look at those idiots defending Chiefs statement as if 200k is worth anything.
One is even boldly saying he is paying his maid 4k.
I can tell for sure that they've never seen nor earned 200k in their lifetime.
That hellanus guy is one of the ffols Buhari empowered with mpower. Very Stoopid humans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Anunakeeh: 10:15am On Mar 28
Treadway:
many are mad, few are roaming.

Driver - at least 60k salary
Maid - at least 50k salary
one Other domestic staff - at least 50k
Oga boss balance after above expenses- 40k

So oga boss is left with 40k to feed himself and fuel his car for that month? Allen must have just received a Mouth Gig before going on air. His brain never calibrate.

He is more than mad. Very useless idiot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Angelfrost(m): 10:15am On Mar 28
BrighterSyde:

Helinues says a lot of rubbish just to defend Apc but this one that is not even Apc matter surprised me. If one is earning 200k and affords those services he will try and be as coded as possible or else he will have to explain.

It is clearly untrue...!

Even those earning as much as 400k can't afford most of those luxuries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Generalgoshen: 10:16am On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

you're a very wicked person to pay a fellow human 4k a month, you should Bury your head in shame

2 Likes

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Timoleon(m): 10:16am On Mar 28
BrighterSyde:

Dude I want you to try an experiment. Create a thread saying you need a driver who will work Monday to Friday. Morning and evening. He's free to do anything between 9 and 4:30 while you are at work and that the salary is 20k. Drop your WhatsApp number and see wether people won't apply for the job.

Another experiment is to create a thread saying you need someone to who will clean and dust the house, but a few things from the market and make soup so you can store in the freezer once every week for 3k each week. Include your location and what'sapp number and see wether you won't find people who will do it.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by lexy2014: 10:17am On Mar 28
helinues:
Kinda true.

how are things cheaper in Nigeria when compared to other African countries?

how can something that is not available be cheaper?

if its not available, then on what basis are you giving it a financial value to know whether it is cheap or not?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

The 15 Fastest Growing Economies In Africa 2016 — IMF / Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp / Mass Sack, Investment Cuts Loom As Price Rout Shatters Oil Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.