Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema (34470 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by ppogba: 10:17am On Mar 28
Melagros:
COMRADES, no matter how much this government of apc comes up with her propaganda through her various proxies, Nigerian youths with the available means of emigrating will never remain here and die of starvation

Calling Allen a proxy is a mild adjective.

Perhaps, a harsher adjective would have been used if he were to be from another tribe.

At least your antecedents are here.

Hypocrisy stinks to high heavens!
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Apel147(m): 10:17am On Mar 28
You won't be buying back of rice everyday nah!

martolux:
How much is 200k with this high inflation rate? This can only make sense if a bag of rice is around 20k and fuel sells for #150/litre.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by SmartyPants(m): 10:17am On Mar 28
SoNature:
Allen Onyema, I understand that Nigeria has blessed you so much and you will say anything to defend the country.

However, don't get into an argument or make statements you cannot defend. You don't live in the UK. £2k can do a lot more in the UK than what #2k can do in Nigeria.

Does any one earn 2k as salary in Nigeria? You compare standards of living and relative costs of living not nominal currencies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Anunakeeh: 10:17am On Mar 28
LagosFirstSon:

You should be ashamed of yourself for saying this ..

Na 4K you dey pay person pikin monthly salary and you're bragging about it? You're a wicked man.

That's a psychiatric permanent member you are replying.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Emu4life(m): 10:17am On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

Not everybody lives in Lagos... embarassed
I pay my maid 4k per month with weekly transport fare.
You are such a Wicked Man and need to be arrested.
4k wey you fit use tip domestic staff na him you dey pay Monthly, as in, 30 fvcking days.

This is why domestic workers poison entire Family/Lineage.

Please do something about that, it's not humane.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by lionshare: 10:18am On Mar 28
osothermal:
not being half smart bro, in the first place most people wouldn't want to 'japa' if our economy/currency was Great like in the 70s to 90s,secondly for me before I Invest in another country, I'll make a massive investment in my country , so I must convert to naira.
This is why I stated they are only half-wise: while the amount they receive increases with the depreciation of the Naira, the real purchasing power decreases due to rising inflation, worsening poverty. Hence, if they contemplate the long-term value of their money and the nation's welfare, we should all support the appreciation of the Naira.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Qurungu: 10:19am On Mar 28
helinues:
Kinda true.

Things are really cheap in Nigeria even compared to other African countries but the problem is they are not available

True, Nigeria is probably one of the cheapest places to live on earth, but we are fast losing that to worrying circumstances.

I think our main blessing is that we have food. The land is fertile. We have animals, and we have fish. But people can’t go to farms now, since the past decade. Dangerous communal clashes here and there that affect agriculture, e.g., Okuama.

What has been happening since around 2008 (boko haram) is that we have been steadily losing this stability and advantage and people are seeking stability elsewhere. Our decline accelerated speedily over the past decade and still continues sadly.

We can stem this and reverse our course if we approach our challenges sincerely and with resolve.

We can. We should. We should.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Angelfrost(m): 10:19am On Mar 28
millionboi2:
Simple economies but those japa addict will still doubt it

Nah... He is shamelessly lying, and trying hard to give hope to those who can never afford to escape Naija. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by tuzle(m): 10:20am On Mar 28
millionboi2:
must you live in 2 bedroom flat? Can you get 2bedroom flat for $2000 in uk or us,japa addicts you ppl will never listen.
nobody is forcing u to Japan now. Stay in Nigeria and enjoy but don't try to discourage people who wants to go. Most of ur politician children are either abroad or they go there like water but u are here trying to discourage people. I know someone who went to Germany last 3years and he is far better than where he was when he was in Nigeria and he earns 2500 euro. I can tell u categorically that people in Nigeria who earn 500k can't leave the way his wife is leaving in Nigeria and they have four children.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by BrighterSyde: 10:20am On Mar 28
Timoleon:

Dude I want you to try an experiment. Create a thread saying you need a driver who will work Monday to Friday. Morning and evening. He's free to do anything between 9 and 4:30 while you are at work and that the salary is 20k. Drop your WhatsApp number and see wether people won't apply for the job.

Another experiment is to create a thread saying you need someone to who will clean and dust the house, but a few things from the market and make soup so you can store in the freezer once every week for 3k each week. Include your location and what'sapp number and see wether you won't find people who will do it.

I don’t even need to create a thread to do this. This your reasoning or assertion is already economically flawed. It will take me a lot of stress to calculate and type here how a 200k salary cannot even sustain this rubbish you are trying to imagine. But if you really want me to explain get a pen and paper and let’s talk on WhatsApp. I will break it down for you. My number is on my profile.

2 Likes

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Image123(m): 10:21am On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

Woww, just woww. i am speechless. A human being is being paid 4000naira per month to slave away? Government are saints and apostles near the citizens.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by IamANigerianMan: 10:21am On Mar 28
MrProlific95:
the man is sleeping, how can he even say that
You are talking to billion, business tacoon , the MD & CEO ,I think your brain need surgery.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by tuzle(m): 10:21am On Mar 28
pokipoki:
What can £2000 after all deductions per month do for you in London? Bro, you definitely can't save anything.!! If you are a family of 3, its almost hopeless!!!
so with 200k with the same number of family members u can save abi?

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Kingrshd3: 10:22am On Mar 28
U are living in such environment because u are not earning up to 200k as d OP stated

Jewessgratitud3:
Not entirely true because the conducive environment, constant electricity supply, good roads and security they enjoy can not be compared to what we have in Nigeria.

The smell in some areas in Nigeria can make you fall sick due to constant power failure in this hot weather climate causing serious heat waves. Every house will now open their windows to the street with smell of heat and Early morning breath oozing from this houses. Abi na gutter smell? chai!! Omor it's a nightmare. You can't experience such abroad.

If youre talking in terms of food, it's cheaper over there though maybe our Nigerian foods are on the high side but you'll still be able to afford it.

It's only the rent I know it's expensive and their taxes but if you cut your coat according to your cloth, you'll live fine. Avoid those their big apartments and you'll have enough change to roll by and still save something.

Life na management until you can Stand on your feet.

In all I still prefer the environment there this una place don dey smell too much.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Angelfrost(m): 10:22am On Mar 28
Qurungu:

True, Nigeria is probably one of the cheapest places to live on earth, but we are fast losing that to “things I don’t understand”. (I have the experience of living abroad for a degree program).

I think our main blessing is that we have food. The land is fertile. We have animals, and we have fish. But people can’t go to farms now, since the past decade. Dangerous communal clashes here and there that affect agriculture, e.g., Okuama.

What has been happening since around 2008 (boko haram) is that we have been steadily losing this stability and advantage and people are seeking stability elsewhere. Our decline accelerated speedily over the past decade and still continues sadly.

We can stem this and reverse our course if we approach our challenges sincerely and with resolve.

We can. We should. We should.

God bless Nigeria.

There is really nothing cheap about living here...!

What you call cheap is people benefiting from little to no taxation and subsidized lives.

That's why Tinubu's little inroad into subsidy removal in certain areas has caused severe hardships.

Just imagine if the taxation pattern abroad were fully implemented here... Just imagine it!
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by millionboi2: 10:22am On Mar 28
tuzle:
nobody is forcing u to Japan now. Stay in Nigeria and enjoy but don't try to discourage people who wants to go. Most of ur politician children are either abroad or they go there like water but u are here trying to discourage people. I know someone who went to Germany last 3years and he is far better than where he was when he was in Nigeria and he earns 2500 euro. I can tell u categorically that people in Nigeria who earn 500k can't leave the way his wife is leaving in Nigeria and they have four children.
you are japa addict you will never listen.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Cassandraloius: 10:23am On Mar 28
If it was before now, I would have agreed to what he is saying. With the current situation we find ourselves, 200k is not going to do anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by BrighterSyde: 10:23am On Mar 28
Timoleon:

Dude I want you to try an experiment. Create a thread saying you need a driver who will work Monday to Friday. Morning and evening. He's free to do anything between 9 and 4:30 while you are at work and that the salary is 20k. Drop your WhatsApp number and see wether people won't apply for the job.

Another experiment is to create a thread saying you need someone to who will clean and dust the house, but a few things from the market and make soup so you can store in the freezer once every week for 3k each week. Include your location and what'sapp number and see whether you won't find people who will do it.

Even without calculating ask yourself how many people on 300k salary per month have drivers, cooks etc without getting them from the company they work. It won’t even make economic sense spending your money on these with just 200k earning. Chat me up on WhatsApp let me break it down for you.

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by xavuv: 10:23am On Mar 28
Jewessgratitud3:
Not entirely true because the conducive environment, constant electricity supply, good roads and security they enjoy can not be compared to what we have in Nigeria.

The smell in some areas in Nigeria can make you fall sick due to constant power failure in this hot weather climate causing serious heat waves. Every house will now open their windows to the street with smell of heat and Early morning breath oozing from this houses. Abi na gutter smell? chai!! Omor it's a nightmare. You can't experience such abroad.

Stop this yeye talk
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Kingrshd3: 10:24am On Mar 28
tuzle:

I guess u haven't traveled before u are born and brought up in Nigeria whereby u see Japa as means to be wealthy as Wizkid and Davido ..

U will learn hard way ok continue 😄
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by descarado: 10:24am On Mar 28
helinues:

How much is a monthly rent in UK compared to Nigeria? Lets start from there
London is like asokoro, maitama, wuse. I used capital Abuja.
A person living in one room apartment in such places must be earning not less than 400thousand in a month with some side hustle.
The reason why so many low income earners live on the outskirt of Abuja metropolis not municipal.

The same applies to London.
Those unskilled workers( they are the ones who earns between such on average) live on the outskirt of London. And transport fare is extremely cheap.
Lots of new immigrants soared rent price. If you are lucky and know the plugs to pull, you get council house.

If you don't have much, there are food banks. Even your kids are qualified for free school food if you are legal but earn below what is average.
You get your free health, you can enter cheap transport. Couches now charges very low ridiculous prices cos they want less vehicles off the road. It is cheaper entering public transport but a Nigerian must want to show he has arrived.

It's ridiculous comparing these two countries.

I watched sisiyemmie last night ticking off prices of things she bought from the market a week ago.
When I did the conversion, those things imported and sold in African shops are cheaper than in Nigeria.

Allen, if that is what tinubu and Co told you to do, you are strictly on your own

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Image123(m): 10:25am On Mar 28
Emu4life:

You are such a Wicked Man and need to be arrested.
4k wey you fit use tip domestic staff na him you dey pay Monthly, as in, 30 fvcking days.

This is why domestic workers poison entire Family/Lineage.

Please do something about that, it's not humane.

i was also very shocked. But let's see if there are other details sha. Like maybe the domestic staff lives rent free in good condition and is being educated by him. There are such situations. The parents of some children send them to live with a relative, so all the packages including feeding come in.
Otherwise, it's satanic slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by henrimoto(m): 10:25am On Mar 28
helinues:

But he his saying the truth now.
..which truth is he saying here ? Is it the Nigeria of last year abi na the present Nigeria ?

@helinues,..

Is it also true that if you are earning 200k Naira in present day Nigeria, you can employ the services of a maid, a driver and other domestic staff comfortably ?

How much is Allen Onyema paying his driver and house maid ?

Allen Onyema no see this one talk o.

Person wey Nigeria Economy and Situation dey favour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Timoleon(m): 10:25am On Mar 28
tuzle:
guy what are u arguing for? Did u read the post at all? Someone said if u earn 200k in Nigeria, u can afford to live in vi, employ a driver and maid and u said it is true and some else said it is a lie. Yet u are saying if u cut ur coat bla bla. Was that what did man said ni. That 200k even if u cut ur coat or whatever, when family start entering, u will be broke before mid of the month, saving will be almost impossible. I went to market for my sister yesterday and just the baby stuff we got was more than 25k not to talk of food for the rest in the house.
who said you can afford to live in vi with 200k?
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by tuzle(m): 10:27am On Mar 28
millionboi2:
you are japa addict you will never listen.
it isn't about japa addict, like I said nobody is forcing u to Japan, all of us have the choice. So stop trying to discourage people from traveling out. We all have our reasons why we want to travel. If u re doing good in Nigeria then great. Wishing u the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:27am On Mar 28
Geovanni412:

How many bags of rice does one buy in a year?

That is the question to answer

On average, a family of four eating three cups of rice in a day no go finish one bag of rice in six months.

If you know this maths, solution is to buy food in bulk and store once you got the money to do so.

There's absolutely nothing to defend there,
First that 2k pounds is actually minimum wage over there.

While this 200k here that is far higher than our minimum wage (30k) is Close to big boy salary.

He is supposed to be comparing minimum wage by minimum wage.

This oga is talking and thinking like these cruel evil and wicked govt.

Quality and standard of life have generally reduced compared to years gone by.

Healthcare cost skyrocketed. It is a very very dangerous thing to fall sick in Nigeria now.

A good shoe now is close to 40k, jeans, trouser, shirt all flying towards 10k. New suit 35k. If You remove all these from the 200k wetin go remain? Full tank fuel nearly 40k!

I expected to see serious nationwide protests by now, but to my greatest amazement, people have decided to remain silent and smiling in their consolidated reinforced suffering.

Many things in Nigeria that used to be 50, 100, and 200 naira are now 500 naira or 1000 naira! By the time you do many of these payments in a month how much will remain in the 200k?

Now these guys are dragging their feet to implement new salary scale since last year. Mind you for over 10 years now salary and wages has not changed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by henrisco: 10:27am On Mar 28
Most times we get carried away when rich men makes some funny statement helping to justify our penury. Let him tell us how we can spend the 200k in one month to live a better life than those earning 2k abroad. Mind u, ₦200,000 is equal to £123 as at today. This is one day wage for most people after tax in UK. If u take this shopping in UK, ur trolling will be overflowing with grocery. Your entire ₦200k in Nigeria cannot do that.
You will most likely pay school fees in Nigeria and medical bills which are free in the UK.
If you are single, u can save £1, 000 out of the £2000 in one month which amounts to 1.6m in Nigeria. If u choose to go on a tour, It can take u for more than one week your of any UK or EU countries.
Nigerians abroad don't need visa to return home if they consider Nigeria better as painted by onyema, but they rather choose to commit suicide than return home.
Pls don't be deceived, if u have the opportunity travel and live a better life.

3 Likes

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by 44smart: 10:28am On Mar 28
He may be right though, I can't utterly disagree because I haven't been to UK ,but the one I disagree with is that with 200k, you can hire a maid and driver, no not with this current Nigeria. The money hasn't sustain you let alone pay driver and or maid.

Globalinfo247:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9-ScOLawvk?si=fIkCO1w7Z05It9Wh

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5CCQLRNk4y/?igsh=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5CCQLRNk4y/?igsh=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by LockDown69(m): 10:29am On Mar 28
Liar Lair pants on fire

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Zimzy(m): 10:29am On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

You are exploiting the lad
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by tuzle(m): 10:30am On Mar 28
Timoleon:
who said you can afford to live in vi with 200k?
I was using the vi part as a reference. An exaggerated statement.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by henrimoto(m): 10:30am On Mar 28
martolux:
How much is 200k with this high inflation rate? This can only make sense if a bag of rice is around 20k and fuel sells for #150/litre.
..No mind Allen Onyema.. person wey Nigeria Economy and Situation dey favour.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

About 99.4% Of Bank Accounts Contain Less Than N500,000 - NDIC / Efe Ejere, Chief Operating Officer, Grand Cubana Hotel Celebrates Birthday / Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.