Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far (65303 Views)

How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? / MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by DrAkpamudehe: 9:00am On Apr 07
koning:

I will NEVER leave Nigeria if i am making N1million as salary in a month.. i dey mad!.

Do you know what Dignity and self respect means.

My dignity, self-respect and self worth means more to me that having light 24 hours a day. I can afford fuel for Gen for christ's sake.

POVERTY IS THE DRIVING FACTOR FOR THE JAPA MENTALITY. Stop fooling yourselves.

Even poor wretched man dey give sermon. Nairaland is indeed a leveller undecided

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by 9jaWarrior: 1:23pm On Apr 07
Gerrard59:

OK. Point noted.

If the person was a truck pusher or Danfo driver while in Nigeria? Yes. But an accountant who was earning 1.1 million naira doing sheet packing? NO.

Please, let's fear God when we use the phrase "decent life".

Thank you.
You work to make money, as long as the job doesn't affect your health, who cares about the name. You can be packing shit and tell people you're into sanitation if the name is what bothers you

2 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Greystone: 10:53pm On Apr 07
Congratulations. Best wishes.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by 9jaWarrior: 11:06am On Apr 08
AmuDimpka:

That dude can't come home and his children will not return to Nigeria

Do you think air ticket from Brisbane or Sydney to Lagos is beans for a forklifting dude ...

Forget them returning ! Dude just reduced himself
Dude what's your problem? You're just all over the thread hurting like you're his ex he left behind. Move on bro and face your own life

2 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 11:15am On Apr 08
9jaWarrior:

Dude what's your problem? You're just all over the thread hurting like you're his ex he left behind. Move on bro and face your own life
so airing my opinion is hurting....are Y0U done ?
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by DrAkpamudehe: 11:22am On Apr 08
AmuDimpka:

Move on dude.... You sound like a pained lover that was dumped. From page 1 to page 25, you still dey cap the same nonsense... Yen yen yen... Furck off

5 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by 9jaWarrior: 11:24am On Apr 08
AmuDimpka:
Air your opinion and move on, your posts outnumber that of OPs, is that normal?

3 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by 9jaWarrior: 11:28am On Apr 08
MT:

I recognised this your assertion and I stated in my write up. I said if you can, the time to jump in is now.

The threat of AI is so real and fast coming
Can I send you a dm in order not to derail the thread? I need some guide on my decision making when it comes to which stack to focus on. Thanks
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 11:30am On Apr 08
9jaWarrior:

Air your opinion and move on, your posts outnumber that of OPs, is that normal?
are you done ?
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by 9jaWarrior: 11:46am On Apr 08
Silentgroper:
lol . Leave am .. na tech A. I go first flood before any other profession
A.I cannot work alone without a set of instructions telling it what to do, it will also have to be upgraded from time to time. All these are still tech jobs
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by maternal: 4:58pm On Apr 08
Raph82:
Nairaland has always been a faceless forum. All these people criticizing other people's decisions, deep within them, they know what they're passing through, they only come here to pretend as if all is well, all is not well with them, because the economic & security situations here is so volatile and unstable. U can not predict what tomorrow may bring.
* If Nigerians living in Australia cannot afford flight ticket to fly to naija, then I wonder where my cousin is getting the money to fly to Naija often for the Holy Ghost night at the RCCG camp. She's the church type.
* Some of them were furious about the fact that a cleaner or factory worker in Australia is by far living a better life than a bank manager in Naija, isn't it the naked truth? How come bank managers took advantage of the Emefiele's policies that time to defraud the system and pack their families abroad to start new life? We were all here when it happened. If they were comfortable with life, they won't take such actions. Former CMD at OAUTH relocated abroad with his family without second thought.
* One was talking of retirement at 60 or so in Nigeria, what is even the average life expectancy of Nigerians? 54years, how many Nigerians manage to get to 60 or 65 years before their health begins to fail them?

I've been saying it, now you have said it. It's jealousy. The fact is an ordinary blue collar worker makes more money, and enjoys a better quality of life than, these "big boys" in naija, who are nothing abroad honestly. They wouldn't move abroad not only because they're ignorant, but they have this false superior complex.

One bafoon here months ago was mocking people who travel abroad and end up doing blue collar jobs, like this man working in a warehouse. When I informed him if you get a unionized blue collar job, specifically with the government, you have made it. That I know city bus driver's and cleaners making over 100k dollars per year. He laughed and called me a liar.

After showing him proof. He got extremely vex and said there's something wrong with the system when an "ordinary" bus driver can make that much money. He was just vex not only does a bus driver live a better life than him, they also make more money than him. His "big boy" flex wouldn't work abroad. These jobs also come with benefits and a government pension for Life. The pension you'd actually get paid out to you ever month for Life ! Not story time when it's time to get paid.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/415-bus-drivers-sunshine-list-1.5505087

4 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Raph82(m): 7:38pm On Apr 08
maternal:

I've been saying it, now you have said it. It's jealousy. The fact is an ordinary blue collar worker makes more money, and enjoys a better quality of life than, these "big boys" in naija, who are nothing abroad honestly............
My brother, there's nothing any of them can say that will hold water, the fact is obvious, blue-collar jobs in developed countries are miles apart from white collar jobs here. I have some1driving company truck in the US who has a modern bakery in Ondo town. Every thing in that place is automated. The factory is solely using transformer that a whole street will be struggling to have in five good years. This same man has 5-star hotel, car stand and several other businesses here, a driver. To hell with bank manager here.

5 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by 9jaWarrior: 10:45am On Apr 09
AmuDimpka:

That's a lie trust me ! Toilet cleaners are at the lowest rung of any career in any part of the world they can't afford basics like vacation and good access to healthcare! UK is worse that I know

I have many friends that has been in waiting list to see a doctor for weeks that's what you can't see in Nigeria

A bank manager in Nigeria is a big boy and can afford to travel and spend weeks in any country and be back ..that is what a toilet cleaner can do even in Sydney

We have ton of poor people in Australia abeg ! Don't you think some of us don't travel.

There are damn poor people everywhere in the world that's the truth just that the West have a way of covering theirs ...the USA and UK have tons of very poor people that is even worse than Nigeria
Why are you always having or knowing people that are unfortunate. Same you know someone who is stranded in Australia, same you 2 of your people died in USA because they couldn't afford ticket fare home, now this. Only you, Haba!

7 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by maternal: 11:20am On Apr 09
AmuDimpka:

That's a lie trust me ! Toilet cleaners are at the lowest rung of any career in any part of the world they can't afford basics like vacation and good access to healthcare! UK is worse that I know

I have many friends that has been in waiting list to see a doctor for weeks that's what you can't see in Nigeria

A bank manager in Nigeria is a big boy and can afford to travel and spend weeks in any country and be back ..that is what a toilet cleaner can do even in Sydney

We have ton of poor people in Australia abeg ! Don't you think some of us don't travel.

There are damn poor people everywhere in the world that's the truth just that the West have a way of covering theirs ...the USA and UK have tons of very poor people that is even worse than Nigeria

Absolute LIE. A blue collar unionized janitor/ toilet cleaner makes over 100k dollars per year easily in the west. With overtime and shift prenium. They also get a gold plated government pension for their old age, along with health and dental benefits. I know 2 "toilet cleaners" personally who work for the government, and make over 100k per year, while owning several properties. Like stated before, a "toilet cleaner" lives a better life than a "big boy" bank manager in naija

Of course there's no waiting list to see a doctor in naija, when Witch doctor dey in your village. A high school student here has a better understanding of the human body than a "doctor" in naija. With the 52 years life expectancy lol. Go and sit down.

Not only can a toilet cleaner afford to travel and spend weeks in another country, HE DOESN'T HAVE TO APPLY FOR A VISA .. And has a strong purchasing power.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/04/how-one-bay-area-janitor-made-276000-last-year.html

https://nypost.com/2015/09/20/average-nyc-school-janitor-makes-109k-a-year/

https://saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/saskatoon-city-custodian-earned-more-than-mayor-police-chief-and-top-managers-last-year-1.5942134

6 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by maternal: 11:50am On Apr 09
Raph82:
My brother, there's nothing any of them can say that will hold water, the fact is obvious, blue-collar jobs in developed countries are miles apart from white collar jobs here. I have some1driving company truck in the US who has a modern bakery in Ondo town. Every thing in that place is automated. The factory is singly using transformer that a whole street will be struggling to have in five good years. This same man has 5-star hotel, car stand and several other businesses here, a driver. To hell with bank manager here.

I'm assuming he drive across the US and Canada delivering goods ? That's a big boy job. You'll be on the road a lot, but one can gross 200k USD per year. More if you own your truck .
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 2:04pm On Apr 09
maternal:

Absolute LIE. A blue collar unionized janitor/ toilet cleaner makes over 100k dollars per year easily in the west. With overtime and shift prenium. They also get a gold plated government pension for their old age, along with health and dental benefits. I know 2 "toilet cleaners" personally who work for the government, and make over 100k per year, while owning several properties. Like stated before, a "toilet cleaner" lives a better life than a "big boy" bank manager in naija

Of course there's no waiting list to see a doctor in naija, when Witch doctor dey in your village. A high school student here has a better understanding of the human body than a "doctor" in naija. With the 52 years life expectancy lol. Go and sit down.

Not only can a toilet cleaner afford to travel and spend weeks in another country, HE DOESN'T HAVE TO APPLY FOR A VISA .. And has a strong purchasing power.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/04/how-one-bay-area-janitor-made-276000-last-year.html

https://nypost.com/2015/09/20/average-nyc-school-janitor-makes-109k-a-year/

https://saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/saskatoon-city-custodian-earned-more-than-mayor-police-chief-and-top-managers-last-year-1.5942134

You guys will be talking anyhow ....

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 2:07pm On Apr 09
9jaWarrior:

Why are you always having or knowing people that are unfortunate. Same you know someone who is stranded in Australia, same you 2 of your people died in USA because they couldn't afford ticket fare home, now this. Only you, Haba!
Oga travel if you want. Wetin concern me
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by DrAkpamudehe: 2:27pm On Apr 09
AmuDimpka:
Oga travel if you want. Wetin concern me

Stfu b***ch
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 2:58pm On Apr 09
DrAkpamudehe:

Stfu b***ch
this one pain am very well

Travel and see

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by maternal: 3:21pm On Apr 09
AmuDimpka:

You guys will be talking anyhow ....

I've showed you facts. It's paining you abi. Bank manager that makes less than a toilet cleaner
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by AmuDimpka: 6:54pm On Apr 09
maternal:

I've showed you facts. It's paining you abi. Bank manager that makes less than a toilet cleaner
and I did show you .....janitor is at tbe lpw career ladder...you can aspire to be that bro
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by ariesbull: 6:50pm On Apr 12
Bro people spend 20m to 30m.

Some times is not someone’s fault, it is the perception one has. Before I traveled , my guys that were here told me they were making over 5000 euros a month after bills, so I was so desperate. I finally got here to find out that they don’t even have apartment of their own and not to talk of 5000 euro a month. The only reason why I didn’t regret it was that i didn’t contribute one naira to my travelling expenses. Imagine me spending 20 to 30m to experience what I saw when I came here, I wouldn’t I have forgiven them.
If not for social media, no body in Nigeria would have known that abroad is just packaging.
That is y I tell those who want to come the truth, so that they will prepare themselves financially and mentally before travelling.
Imagine guys in their late 40s still not married, no child, in dis abroad. A man who is supposed to be a family man will still be sharing apartments because of bills.

1 Like

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by emmyslimzy: 10:23am On Apr 13
Chief, which country are you in and what’s the major challenge, is it lack of jobs or lack of papers to get the right job or lack of skills to get a good paying job?

ariesbull:
Bro people spend 20m to 30m.

Some times is not someone’s fault, it is the perception one has. Before I traveled , my guys that were here told me they were making over 5000 euros a month after bills, so I was so desperate. I finally got here to find out that they don’t even have apartment of their own and not to talk of 5000 euro a month. The only reason why I didn’t regret it was that i didn’t contribute one naira to my travelling expenses. Imagine me spending 20 to 30m to experience what I saw when I came here, I wouldn’t I have forgiven them.
If not for social media, no body in Nigeria would have known that abroad is just packaging.
That is y I tell those who want to come the truth, so that they will prepare themselves financially and mentally before travelling.
Imagine guys in their late 40s still not married, no child, in dis abroad. A man who is supposed to be a family man will still be sharing apartments because of bills.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by ariesbull: 11:15am On Apr 13
20 million to japa....is madness
emmyslimzy:
Chief, which country are you in and what’s the major challenge, is it lack of jobs or lack of papers to get the right job or lack of skills to get a good paying job?

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by emmyslimzy: 1:03pm On Apr 13
Chief
I totally disagree with you on this one. If I’m relocating to a good country with the right means and 20million is the price to pay, trust me I will do it without looking back. If 20million will amount to giving my kids, my wife, myself a better future without having to beg someone to get them a job, having to travel by air not because I’m rich but because of high insecurity, be able to achieve our goals without knowing one or two politicians, eating and taking good food and drinks without fear of fake drinks, fake medication, increasing my life expectancy, then I think it’s really small.
You actually don’t know how bad this our Nigeria is right now till Nigeria happens to you man which no one prays for!
I ask again, please which country did you relocate to?

ariesbull:
20 million to japa....is madness

2 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by ariesbull: 3:52pm On Apr 13
emmyslimzy:
Chief
I totally disagree with you on this one. If I’m relocating to a good country with the right means and 20million is the price to pay, trust me I will do it without looking back. If 20million will amount to giving my kids, my wife, myself a better future without having to beg someone to get them a job, having to travel by air not because I’m rich but because of high insecurity, be able to achieve our goals without knowing one or two politicians, eating and taking good food and drinks without fear of fake drinks, fake medication, increasing my life expectancy, then I think it’s really small.
You actually don’t know how bad this our Nigeria is right now till Nigeria happens to you man which no one prays for!
I ask again, please which country did you relocate to?

better future ? Define it ? Is it a future that kids will abandon their homeland? Is it a future that I will be old and be thrown to old people's home ? Is it a future that I will want to come back in 60s but afraid to come back cos my wife and kids aren't coming ? Is it a future that at 48yrs and I am stating life afresh again ?

I really want to understand the concept of better future ?
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by emmyslimzy: 8:11pm On Apr 13
I don’t think we have much to talk about, have a great day

ariesbull:
better future ? Define it ? Is it a future that kids will abandon their homeland? Is it a future that I will be old and be thrown to old people's home ? Is it a future that I will want to come back in 60s but afraid to come back cos my wife and kids aren't coming ? Is it a future that at 48yrs and I am stating life afresh again ?

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Usefulsense: 11:39pm On Apr 13
ariesbull:

It is a future where the chances of you being kidnapped and your children rendered helpless is almost zero.

It is a future where human life is highly regarded.

It is a future where most things that kill African children will not take the life of your children.

It is a future where the restrictions that apply to most African children will not happen to your children.

It is a future where almost everyone knows what to do or who to call in case of emergency.

It is a future where your children will never struggle like other children in Africa.

If it takes a man to start life afresh at 60 to be able to give his children better future, a noble man will embark on the journey.

If my children decide not to return to their Homeland, does that reduce them from being my children?

Those in old people's home are treated better than most elderly men and women that your government has neglected over the years.

Why will you come back at 60 when you are almost always taken care of by your family and government?

11 Likes

Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by steph2sweet(f): 11:59pm On Apr 13
Please I need a guide on how to get funded scholarship. I really need help on how to go about it.
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by ariesbull: 11:59pm On Apr 13
Usefulsense:

It is a future where the chances of you being kidnapped and your children rendered helpless is almost zero.

It is a future where human life is highly regarded.

It is a future where most things that kill African children will not take the life of your children.

It is a future where the restrictions that apply to most African children will not happen to your children.

It is a future where almost everyone knows what to do or who to call in case of emergency.

It is a future where your children will never struggle like other children in Africa.

If it takes a man to start life afresh at 60 to be able to give his children better future, a noble man will embark on the journey.

If my children decide not to return to their Homeland, does that reduce them from being my children?

Those in old people's home are treated better than most elderly men and women that your government has neglected over the years.

Why will you come back at 60 when you are almost always taken care of by your family and government?
and don't you have shame that you can't build your place ...you run to places others built to mess it up ?

Just asking
Re: Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far by Usefulsense: 12:27am On Apr 14
ariesbull:
and don't you have shame that you can't build your place ...you run to places others built to mess it up ?

Just asking

If we remove insults, we will engage in constructive reasoning.

I cannot build Nigeria. Those who tried get killed.

The only option I have is to move my children to safer clime.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Beautiful Places Around The World(Photos) / See What This Foreign Photographer Said She Saw On A Train From LAGOS To KANO / Airport Official Catches Man Packaged As Yam Inside A Carton (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.